Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

This is pretty well my favorite comic on the internet right now! Hurray!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Ain't no TIME for crushes when you're on the cutting edge of journalistic breakthroughs!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

MikeJF posted:

So do tools bind to a single person?

That would appear to be the case, yes. I think it's a contract of sorts.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

This is a random aside, but I've been speculating for a while now that Dimitri's totally a spectral. I have little to no evidence to back this up, but I'm sticking with it :colbert:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Sweet vindication.

There's also been other hints to more spectrals being around that I noticed while re-reading some stuff this morning: On this page Isaac implies someone else started seeing spirits and snapped.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

red plastic cup posted:

If you'll look at the image that says Paranatural by Zach Morrison at the top, you can see Spender's shades chilling with Max's bat, Izzy's book, and Ed's brush. It also looks like Spender controls both black and white spectral energy, if I'm reading that page right.

His energy is yellow.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

JingleJunction posted:

Everyone in this thread is talking about Johnny getting a tool, but when was it mentioned that he's a spectral and/or could see ghosts and spirits? Did I miss something?

Anyway this comic rules. Almost every page gets a smile out of me because of some ridiculous facial expression.

He's not a spectral, I think speculation is people taking a joke by Zack out of proportion.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Level Slide posted:

As the spirit who makes Suzy a medium :unsmigghh:

Ghosts aren't Spirits!!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

That third donation wallpaper thumbnail is the purest beauty I have ever known.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Yes, whatever will we do when the really popular thing wins the meaningless popularity contest?

It'll be good to grab P-nats some publicity though.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Spender is panel 8 is a paradigm of grace.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Prison Warden posted:

So far we have black, red, yellow, green, black and blue.

And pink!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Next title page is up. I'm excited already :allears:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Karanas posted:

If no one else has, I'd like to claim it as an avatar, only can someone outline it for me? I'm clueless with that stuff. Also what would be a good quote? The only thing I can think of is Euuuuuuuugh

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

It's almost kind of jarring to me that we've jumped time a bit, even if it's just later in the day. Everything else in the comic to this point has been over the course of a little more than a day. Not that this is a bad thing or anything, just a note I'm making.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

My hair-related beef is that Isaac's hairline used to be jagged like hair should be and now it's a straight line and it bothers me way more than it should

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

SlothfulCobra posted:

Looking at the first panel again, who are those people in the convenience store? Is the activity club doing a sleepover, or maybe some investigative "journalism"?

Convenience stores often find themselves occupied by "customers", who have come to purchase wares.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

pelvic thirst

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Even in fanart Suzy is the king of characters.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

Even in fanart Suzy is the king of characters.

WE HAVE A CHALLENGER

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Haledjian posted:

So did this comic go back to Fridays-only, or did it just skip this week's Monday update? What's the deal?

ThatPazuzu posted:

No new comic until Friday. :( Apparently, it'll be the start of something big and he wants to get it just right.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

http://www.digitalstrips.com/2013/05/digital-strips-324-review-paranatural.html

Some comic review thing did a podcast about Paranatural! I haven't listened yet but here it is anyway.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Tollymain posted:

Isaac confirmed shonen protagonist, holy poo poo :allears:

E: I wish I had gif-making skills, I would make an av that scrolled across Isaac's super-stylistic pose in the second-to-last panel over to Max looking dubious as gently caress.

No, you should make an avatar of Isaac with credits scrolling past.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Man, it's still only day 3? Time is a glacier in this town. I figured we had jumped ahead a bit.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Fecha posted:

I actually have no idea. v:)v No evidence either way, as far as I know.

Johnny said he saw some weird stuff "yesterday", which was Max's second day, soo

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Please note Dmitri smirkin' away in panel 6, after the lightning claims.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Brannock posted:

He was in Panel 3 looking like he was about to jump in and intercede. He walks away smirking in Panel 6 after seeing that Cody is taking care of it.

Nah that's a different guy. Different pants.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Well shucks howdy

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

http://paranatural.net/chapter-4-page-38/

Yo peep that adorable thing.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

rotinaj posted:

Wait. Now I'm confused.

"Since your spirit is out of your tool, didn't you just lose your powers?" "Yeah, for now, no big, Eightfold only takes a few days to recover" then "Gonna need your powers for whatever Spender wants us to do after school".

Doesn't the first exchange mean it'd take her a few days for Eightfold to give her her powers again? Or something?

No, when you have a tool you get the powers regardless. The spirit's recovery only applies to the spirit.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Sext or Meme your friends today!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I like spiky hair girl she's cool. I hope we see more of her.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

http://paranatural.net/chapter-4-page-62/

I don't think I'll ever get tired of Spender being a big loving dweeb.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Rhonne posted:

Late I know, but is RJ a boy? For some reason I was under the impression that he was a girl.

We have no way of knowing either way, really, so either it's not important or we'll find out later.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

That, or he remembered Max has a dead mom and he's being a bit insensitive.

I'm guessing it's this based on Isabel's reaction.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Shindragon posted:

Ah good point I forgot the color of that tool was red. Plus the frog was basically like a bully as well so it would totally work with Johnny.

It was blue!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Fecha posted:

Zack did an interview on his stuff! He talks about the development of the story. If you're interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeJFR9Pv7O8

Holy cr

ap the audio q

uality on this is hor

rible.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Paramemetic posted:

It might be. It's one frame at a time and I only just mainlined it yesterday while scoping out Zach's competition.

It's updated with several panels at once weekly (not now because it's on break). It was twice weekly for a few months recently, too.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

A big flaming stink posted:

Ava's Demon is awful because it tries to have a homestuck-level of plot complexity and cast size from the very beginning of the story. It just dumps loads of characters and conspiracies on you without giving you any reason to give a poo poo.

OTOH it's pretty as heck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

shelper posted:

I thought only possessed people could do this? Izzies just a tool user, she doesn't have anybody possessing her she could chat (and thus slow down time) with.

Max did it too.