Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Does this map only apply to TV? I know that in the Czech Republic almost all adult movies are subtitled in theaters, only the children's stuff gets dubbed regularly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm pretty much beaten twice, but yeah, Russia's just loving terrifying.

That's 10 243km, or 123 hours. North-easter siberia has gently caress-all for roads, but there's the M56:

which looks like this:

so good luck with your road trip!

Ofaloaf posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_Rally

It's not quite Lisbon to Vladivostock, but dude, do it.

A friend of a friend is seriously into offroading and cheap cars (as am I on the latter part) so this is something we were thinking about. I'm a bit too chickenshit to jump into it, but slowly coming around. Having to sign up a year in advance is really sucks though, seeing as how you don't need a whole year to prepare your poo poo car.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

El Scotch posted:

To be fair, it is badass.

But it's not even particularly round :argh:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
E: If the EU spent as much effort on diplomacy and/or military as they do on agricultural poo poo, this wouldn't have happened

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I considered making map of this, but then I looked up how many there are. No way was I going to figure out the PDO regions of roughly a thousand products. Holy poo poo there are a lot of protected products in Southern Europe.

I took that as a challenge and wanted to whip up an automated way to map this, but the actual geographical information is hidden in deep in PDF files of each application, so nope. If anyone's curious though, the database can be viewed here:

http://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/qua...atus=REGISTERED

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Czech Republic isn't completely free either. I don't know all the details, but at the very least, if you take longer to graduate than some nominal length, you have to pay for it too.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Insufficient metal is obviously the main cause of poverty.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
drat, NH owns. Also, if they do pass that law, what the hell are you supposed to do if a visitor's tires get destroyed somehow while in the sate?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
States closest to major Canadian cities?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ulvir posted:

they tried to establish themselves in Norway around 15 or 20 years ago, but it was a tremendous failure and in the end all they ended up with was a tiny corner shop in Oslo Airport. if this picture is accurate, that place went tits up as well.

There used to be at least a couple of PH places in the Czech Republic as well, but they eventually replaced them with KFCs. Pizza Hut isn't amazing, but not bad either and I kind of miss it from time to time.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ras Het posted:

I haven't used an assault rifle and I really don't want to either, at all.

Why not, it's pretty fun!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Excuse me, I think you forgot to paint Crimea dark green there :colbert:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nessus posted:

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The Czechs have never done anything bad.

Give them time.
There was some questionable treatment of German minorities around WW2, and then there's the Roma issue that continues, to a lesser degree, until now.

Still not as bad as Belgium, admittedly.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

my dad posted:

North Koreans have tourists?

That's pretty much the only thing they have any more.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Distribution of invalid votes :lol:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Stolen from PYF:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

sweek0 posted:

From a vexillogist and flag enthusiast point of view the nazi flag would actually be considered as an example of a pretty great flag, although the circle with the swastika wasn't centred for some reason.

Rule of thirds, man, you wouldn't want your poo poo all boring in the center!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Yeah those maps are bullshit.

Not necessarily, friend! Just because the trends aren't obvious in the raw data, it doesn't mean they aren't there.

Now I just want to see one like that for Canada.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Geshtal posted:

Obviously they've played SimCity. You always put the power plants on the border to cut pollution in half.

It's not completely obvious from that tiny original map, but it's not just on the border:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That map is loving amazing, I have no words. :allears:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ras Het posted:

Deadend pedolandia full of identically boring 18th century palaces and Germans, hasn't produced any good music ever apart from some medieval hoodle doodle dum film score piano poo poo

On the other hand, Austria did give us a great, world-class political leader and a body builder (different people)!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The map is from wikipedia, it's median wage IIRC. Also the numbers can be from different years.

I spent a lot of time looking at that map when thinking how I should GTFO from one of the yellow countries.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe but I don't see why someone would differentiate based on that. If I had to guess I'd say it's prisons vs jails.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Phlegmish posted:

Wow, you're right. That's the politically loaded part.

Nah that just represents the rapid migration of retired Russian soldiers.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

A Buttery Pastry posted:

That's not nearly as realistic as mine.

Does anyone have the split map where the country colors make up the LGBT flag? I thought it would be trivial to find again but nope.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Yep, thanks, it's particularly topical today. Good job guys :911: (edit: or maybe :ussr: is more appropriate in this case)

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jun 26, 2015

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Count Roland posted:

I don't know about you guys but I inspect my poo each time. The one I just did 20 minutes ago was a touch too soft, and the color wasn't perfect. I blame the greasy sausages I ate. Overall 7/10.

Would you poo poo again? That's important.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lycus posted:

No, it's a turkey.

That's the correct bird.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lowtechs posted:

Hey thank you Pope Francis.

Is the pope going to run up the museum steps??

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Well if they did somehow foresee future-california, does that mean they'd have to go and build a capital city in the middle of bumfuck future-Kansas?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jaramin posted:

Eye color of national leaders.

Brown eye supremacy

:a2m:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
1st, 2nd... nth worlds?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SaltyJesus posted:

i love these posts by disco infiva so i made a thing

if i find the time to actually work on it i might make it pretty later

Please color Ukraine as West Slavs. tia.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

don't tell me this isn't a map

Sure it is, it maps states to corresponding primary dates :shrug:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jerry Cotton posted:

I tried it in my native language and one of the results was actually a thing a sane person might search for: "are shops open on Sundays in Germany". Anyone have a map of countries where shops are open on Sundays?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That's weird, I'll need to double-check my sources.

It's a fake map guys, I just filled everything with blue in photoshop.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

steinrokkan posted:

As commonly as that concept pops up.

The concept of rule of law in a given country does pop up quite often, and I don't think I've seen that word before.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
What is the scenario were you'd be touching your mother's ankles/calves outside of some sort of medical situation?

Anyway, I guess I'll need to step up the touching on my dates, apparently women are into that :confused:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Okay fair enough, that makes more sense :v:

Trabisnikof posted:

Really? You can't think of benign non-medical reasons for someone's mother to touch their ankles? Like, straightening your socks is an example.

Did they survey 3-year olds or something? Edit: Or asked mothers about touching their toddlers, perhaps. Whatever.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Oct 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Why would people in Norway, Sweden, and Finland be happy? They don't have sun.

Estonian booze?