Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
All I really want right now is a Kickstarter that somehow results in my never having to hear about feminism interacting with video games ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

mineral posted:

I think that was a Mac. But yeah, zero content and only a short, awkward unprepared statement. And people are upping their pledges because of it. It's scary to think what this guy will actually do with a quarter million dollars.

What's so scary about a quarter million dollars worth of hookers and blow?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Finding, not funding.

You know what would be fun? Convincing people you know with questionable artistic talents to start a Kickstarter/IndieGoGo and seeing how much they make. I might give it a shot later.

That's not touching the poop. That's poopsmithing.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

senrath posted:

Based on the FAQ it looks like they're making a "clean" and an "adult" version, and are skirting around Kickstarter's rules against adult content by saying they'll only spend the money on the nonadult stuff, which will be used in both versions of the game and seems rather shakey to me.

Also, isn't Monster Girl Quest supposed to be a really disgusting/disturbing game?

Monster girls are a perfectly legitimate fetish!

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Young Freud posted:

Jesus Christ. The Japanese title is loving atrocious as it's content. "Shaniqua's Ho"?

I was really gunning for Shaniqua's Bizarre Hoventure, personally.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

twoday posted:

Funny, after years of playing Nintendo VirtualBoy, I settled lying it on my face like this as the most comfortable position.. The normal way they suggest leads to terrible neck strain.

How could you have been playing a virtual boy for years? It gives you terrible headaches after five minutes of use and had nogames.

Why would you do that to yourself?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

I'm just going to chock this one up to being a remarkably poor decision on Kickstarter's part because of the current state of gender politics and the loads of money being dangled in front of their noses, and hope they keep enabling long dead vidya franchises to claw their way back from the grave inch by grisly inch without doing this sort of thing too often in the future.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Is there a thread for not-awful kickstarters? I kinda want to see if anyone else gave Dracula money.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

CJacobs posted:

There are no not-awful Kickstarters, so no.

In that case, I'm gonna link the thing.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWrD0QMZc_s

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Is Garfield a Felix the Cat rip-off?

Felix had jokes sometimes, so no.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

In other news, Dracula's Kickstarter ended. 5.5 million American dollars. Broke the previous record for funds raised.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

The "OELVNs that aren't complete garbage" category is pretty much just OMGWTFOTL and Katawa Shoujo. And that second one is about finding true love at a school for disabled children.

Christine Love's stuff isn't bad either but she's Canadian so she doesn't count.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

I stand by my rambling.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Christine Love is good. But you think Katawa Shoujo is good and make no mention of Hatoful Boyfriend. This means blood war.

Original English anime blood war.

Wasn't aware that had actually been released. And it's on Steam, no less.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

CJacobs posted:

And they're still accepting people's money via the kickstarter even though they don't need any of it anymore, so yes, oh no

STRETCH GOALS

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

Some do, some don't. It really varies. You could probably make a business on importing and then direct mailing officially licensed stuff from Japan. I doubt a storefront would do too well.

That market is pretty saturated as it is. J-list and hobbylink japan, when you can't just get it from amazon.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Good spess games: Freespace 1 and 2, maybe Rebel Galaxy?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

CJacobs posted:

These people are borderline inhuman levels of insufferable

The same could be said of all thin-skinned millennial pissbabies.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

It's a Key kinetic novel only with a dead baby instead of a cute robot girl. (Also dead.) So, a book with some pictures and music.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Just use a laptop.

Just use a laptop.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

I have a typewriter sitting in the next room. I could get a ribbon off Amazon and be clacking away by Friday. But I'm not going to do that because I'm not a loving grognard.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Popular Human posted:

The Alphasmart, or the Freewrite? Because I use an Alphasmart every day and I literally make my living off the Kindle store, although you've probably never read anything I've written unless you're into smut or cheesy romance novels.

Also this should probably go over in the video game Kickstarter thread, but the people behind cancelled horror game Alison Road finally put their "statement" up on Facebook. It's a paragraph long and contains nothing but platitudes. As a reminder, don't ever back a video game on Kickstarter unless the people doing it have a string of hits behind them, and even then it's 50/50.

Link your smut, smutpeddler.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock

Video games, which as we all know are awful until proven otherwise.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The video released yesterday for this was so boring.

The best part of the entire project is that cool spinning .gif with the stretch goals.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Why won't anyone remake that game where you run a zoo only instead of elephants you fill it with dinosaurs. That's what I really want.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Noyemi K posted:

Not to continue the anime derail, but as someone of underdeveloped feminine form and frequently mistaken for underage, for the love of god stop loving virtue signaling about japanese illustrations you don't like protraying people of loving youth.

It's like you're projecting your shame at liking the real thing (youthful women) and turning up the diarrhea dial to compare it to crypto-pedophilia. I'm so loving sick of this poo poo. I don't even like anime, I'm just sick of flirting with dudes and them getting scared when they find out my tits are small and I wear Juniors sizes because you keep shaming them for it.

Is virtue signaling just how you say holier than thou in 2016?

(Personal question, but what do you do if you need formal wear, or, y'know, anything that projects a more mature image than what you can find in the junior section?)

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Who needs that level of on the fly color reproduction?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

>Hey what color is that apple?

Red.

>No I need the hex code.

It's red. Just gently caress with the sliders until it's more or less that shade of red.

THERE HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

OldMemes posted:

At least the System Shock remake seem to have a functioning prototype and the rights to the ip, which puts them ahead of a lot of video game kickstarters.

Bloodstained sent out the E3 demo to backers earlier this month, did that get any play ITT?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

John Denver Hoxha posted:

I'm all for making fun of things that are dumb, it's just tiresome and not really saying anything to always be going "arrrr i hate those stupid loving millenials" about every drat thing and I happen to like to make fun of that (sorry if that offends you)

We're hardly the first generation to be seen as entitled little shits by our predecessors.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Non Serviam posted:

No, you see, we are all shaming Japanese culture by feeling disgust at people jerking off to cartoon children.

No it's fine she's 86.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Nice desu ne.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Here's a good clock if you need a standalone clock in 2016.

http://www.sony.com/electronics/clock-radios/icf-c1

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

No problem, enjoy.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Our society's insatiable lust for anime titties has doomed another thread.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Gotta get those doujins before the IOC has them all burned.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

There's also El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, which takes the Bible and makes it anime.

The trailer became a pretty big meme in Japan, who made it more anime, as is their custom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n6YFE67lCk

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

If you don't eat the placenta while it's still warm you only grok half the normal amount of essence.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

MrMenshevik posted:

So what's the ruling on vegan's eating their own placenta?

They have to sign a waiver first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

VioletCorsica posted:

I literally have a physical disability, have had to use wheelchairs in airports, and *I* wouldn't be seen with that bag.

So how fat are you?