Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Neo_Crimson posted:

It'll be Holy Diver.

That'll be the credits music when they get to Egypt

FeedingHam2Cats fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jul 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Stand Name: Time To Pretend
Power: "Possibility Inducement" - The user can make the impossible/impossibility possible, ignoring concepts of probability, causality and anything else that would suggest what they want to happen can't do so.

seems a little op

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Aurora posted:

Vanilla Ice.

gets into void sphere or whatever
dio stops time and moves out of the way
vanilla ice looks around
dio stops time and murders him

the time stop thing pretty much counters anything unless they somehow get the drop on dio and kill him instantly (this is really hard because he's a freakin vampire). not to mention since he's an immortal vampire his time stop doesn't have a hard limit like jotaro's

FeedingHam2Cats fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 29, 2014

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Moltrey posted:

I feel like I remember when Josuke's fighting Kira + Stray Cat and he sees how varied Josuke's fixing ability he is, he outright says that Josuke's the real threat. At the climax when Kira's about to use Bites the Dust for the last time, everyone's yelling that Jotaro is the only one who can close in on him fast enough thanks to stopping time, but even then Jotaro realizes that one or two seconds of stopped time isn't enough to bridge the distance.

Then Kira gets run over by an ambulance.

R.I.P Yoshikage Kira

Aside from what was already mentioned, characters in JoJos have the habit of assuming whoever they are fighting is most dangerous. Like in part 5 there are multiple moments where a dude with "big" abilities like causing everyone to age or creating a flesh eating mold that covers an entire city is defeated beforehand precisely due to him being the more urgent danger but characters still stop and say the other guy is more dangerous when they have to concentrate on them

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Moltrey posted:

Ending an episode right after what looks like we just lost two main characters would be pretty dickish. I hope they do that.

Bring back Roundabout just for that

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Aurain posted:

All of this filler is 110% designed with the sole malicious intent of making the deaths of the Crusaders even more painful. If there aren't a bunch of screen caps of tumblr break downs when Avdol and Iggy die, I'll be shocked. Kakyoin biting it shortly after will just be twisting the knife like a drill.

The Kakyoin scene is gonna be even more heartbreaking because it's prefaced in the manga with a thing explaining his inner motivations

so we're gonna get the announcer doing a little speech about how Kakyoin never fit in anywhere before, and how he's found the greatest friends he could have, and he'll do anything for them

then he's got a hole in his chest and he don't know why

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

the giorno fight against the mold guy was cool, especially when it ends in like 5 straight pages of "MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA"

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Moltrey posted:

People in the anime thread have such little faith.

DIO has ascended beyond the weak human concept of sexuality and they should really come to grips with that

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Condiv posted:

I'm hoping D'arby the gamer and vanilla ice are two parters, and DIO is a 4 parter. These next two fights are unbelievable, but neither should be equal in length to the splendor that is DIO

There are going to be 48 episodes. That means there are 9 episodes left. My guess? DIO is 5. D'arby The Gamer is gonna be 2 episodes. so I guess Vanilla Ice will also be that many.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

There is no way D'Arby the Gamer should get stretched out to three episodes, 2 is plenty. Vanilla Ice'll probably be 2 as well, then we're left with Suzie Q visiting Holly, DIO's World and Goodbye, My Friends. 1 episode for Suzie Q, 3 for DIO and 1 for goodbye? Or maybe DIO should get 3 and a half while we get half an episode for Goodbye?

Goodbye and Suzie Q are going to come out to less than one episode total since they were one chapter apiece. DIO is gonna be like 4.5 episodes.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

darealkooky posted:

If part 5 ending isn't gangsters paradise I will personally mail a letterbomb to david production
it will be this instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBwAxmrE194

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Aurain posted:

D'Arby is a 3 parter and Avdol's death will probably be the end of next weeks episode. This weeks ends as Jotaro takes his hat off, so there's a fair chunk of D'Arby left.

More like a 2.3 parter, tbh

Aurain posted:

That said, the next episode is called something part 1, so it's probably called Vanilla Ice 1.

Probably "The Spirit of Emptiness Part 1"

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

I love that the 15 second preview at the end of the episode only mentions the conclusion of the D'Arby fight and doesn't show anything beyond that, for maximum ownage to the anime only audience

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

DamnGlitch posted:

How much more of the darby fight is there? Does avdols death come up that quickly after?

They kill Kenny G, Vanilla Ice talks to Dio and gets turned to a vampire, Vanilla Ice murders Avdol

Aurain posted:

Wasn't 48 episodes always just a presumed, likely number anyway?

I've never really seen something official saying "we're doing 48" just guesses because the trip to Egypt was 24. The PB/BT season was 26, so it's not like they haven't gone beyond 24 for a single season run.

Not that it hasn't been said, but I wouldn't mind seeing where it was said, if it was.

This is also true- they blew up the pace the past two episodes but the rest of the time it's been about 3 chapters per episode which would mean: six episode DIO fight, though they could undoubtedly condense it to five. A looot of it is dialogue though so I'd be hard pressed to say they can bring it to just four.

FeedingHam2Cats fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 3, 2015

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

We still have 6 chapters to go, so it will probably be like D'arby where the end of the fight bleeds into the next episode.

I'm kind of hoping that we get more Suzie Q filler so we can have an entire breather episode before DIO.

My guess is they'll finish the fight in two weeks, have the Suzie Q chapter, and finish the episode with "It's been a while, Polnareff"

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Actually yeah I bet they finish the fight up next week.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Moltrey posted:

People are gonna be loving destroyed by Kakyoin's final moments.

The part where Polnareff sees a vision of Avdol and Iggy ascending into heaven and then he goes to try and fight DIO alone and it just cuts to an image of Polnareff's loving tears falling into his hands is gonna mess me up

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm such a sadist, because I can't wait until we get to the point where it looks like four people are dead.

Same

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

I'm thinking tonight's episode is going to end on Polnareff's "death".

I honestly hope it ends with the end of the fight

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

stay down you brave, lovely little dog, stay down :negative:

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Exercu posted:

also because the opening line of Holy Diver is literally "Holy Diver, you've been down too long in the midnight sea"

yeah and The World has freakin oxygen tanks on the back

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

That still feels two weeks away to me. Next week will probably be the silly scene where Polnareff can't climb the stairs, then the one where the dorky vampire ends up in the coffin, then everyone getting the gently caress out before the sun sets, Polnareff calling everyone pussies and running hobbling off, and then the beginning of DIO's Nocturnal Adventures.

It's gonna at least get to the chase sequence, probably end with Joseph and Kakyoin escaping to the rooftops

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Aurain posted:

Special credit to David for firing up the "hell yeah! Crusaders gonna kick rear end!" style music when Kakyoin fires his Emerald Splash at DIO only for it go full on doom organ when DIO just goes "meh".

That's just a prelude to next episode where it's gonna switch from Virtuous Pope to just the slow ticking of a clock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Why did they give Dio a cape? I assume it's there so he can dramatically throw it off at some point?

He had a cape originally, he's gonna throw it off when he stops time and turns Kakyoin into a donut

• Locked thread