Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Baron FU posted:

Do all the Republic gear still look like garbage compared to the Empire counterparts?

Doesn't matter much anymore, there's tons of cool Cartel looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WarLocke posted:

Was kind of disappointed to see that the Collections tab is almost exclusively for cash shop items.

Speeders from vendors in-game? Not collectible.
Speeders from cartel market? Collectible.

Companion customizations from in-game vendors? Not collectible.
Companion customizations from cartel packs? Collectible.

Not that being able to unlock all of Vette's look account-wide is very useful, since I don't think I'll be making a second Sith Warrior, but it really seems like it's a cash grab aimed at the completionist crowd. "You need to buy out the entire market to 100% your collections window, have fun!"

e: Possibly more nefarious - I'm reading posts on the official forum (yeah, I know) that market items bought from the GTN aren't eligible to be collected - you have to have bought it off of the cartel market yourself to add it to collections. :psyduck:

e2: VVV Technically, you pay twice. Once to buy it on one character, then a second time to unlock it for others.

It was always announced as a cartel shop thing.

Medullah posted:

Awww that was actually a nice feature. :(

Forums hated it because they didn't like their e-wife finding out about their e-mistress. they were someone's e-mistress.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 14, 2013

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

McTimmy posted:

It was 240 CC to unlock just one of the +41 level 10 crystals for me. Granted it's still completely better than before, since you can now instantly double-up for your off-hand and upgrade all your comp crystals, but man that's pricy.

That's what one pack costs, so it's not too bad.

Can you unslot a crystal and put it in, or does it have to be "fresh"?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Givin posted:

When I do a who on That's No Goon I get a massive return on people. Is that the correct search paramater to find people for invite? Character name is Sethe if anybody sees this and wants to throw me a mercy invite.

Just search Goon. I think That's No Goon will return results for all 3 words individually.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Samara posted:

The dye system they implemented is so loving bad.

The colors are poo poo, you buy them in gambling packs, and they destroy if you remove them from armor.

Who the gently caress devised this lovely system?

Dye is consumable in every game except Guild Wars 2.

Doc Dee posted:

Do companion conversations only trigger in specific places? I'm on Coruscant, just got the Noetikon of Secrets, and as I was turning in other quests I saw Qyzen wanted a convo so I went to the cantina under Senate Tower, but he just keeps saying "Herald, must speak with you."

In addition to what Stan S. Stanman said, some cantinas are broken and don't count right.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bounty Hunter Alderaan lets you become royalty, though.

So that makes it cool.

quote:

Smugg - I have no idea.

Smuggler is about getting your ship back, finding a lost space treasure, being a kick-rear end privateer, and being rivals with a big shot Imperial douche.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WarLocke posted:

I want to say I remember people at some point talking about the Smuggler finding an ancient mothballed space fleet and basically becoming a privateer king/queen, is there any truth to that or just wild bullshit?

Some crossed wires there. You find an old mothballed spaceship at one point, and can also put a pirate fleet under your control.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The first time takes a little while, since they give you some buyer's remorse time.

After the first it's on your billing date though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Psyker posted:

I haven't played since release, so I'll ask: can you cash shop legacy unlocks? I'd be tempted to play this again if I could be a Chiss anything on any faction!

Yes.

All of them can be bought.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fuzz posted:

Do they allow server transfers now between any server? I have a 50 Powertech and Assassin and a 35ish Operative on Prophecy of the Five, and kinda wanna get back into this and finish the Sith Warrior and Agent storylines.

Not yet, it's in the next patch.

About a month away.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Archonex posted:

It's a shame you didn't roll powertech. You're like two steps off from being able to look like that guy who played Guile in the original Street Fighter movie. Being able to magically launch yourself off the ground to uppercut things in the jaw would complete the look. :black101:

"That guy"? That was Jean Claude Van Damme.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WarLocke posted:

If that looks bare-chested on dudes, what is it for ladies? Pasties?

It's the default bra, that basically looks like the Jumpsuit items they added recently.

Mind over Matter posted:

Those last two pictures, both the action hero and WW, are by far the best things I've seen done with the dye system so far.

Additionally in reference to that picture, does anyone know any high boots like those or anything similar they can point me to? Especially if they're cheap oranges or even better, something I can add to Collections. I love high boots with pants, but I can only find the drat Outlaw ones that can't duplicated.

Those are the Thana Vesh boots. They're also available as the the Corsec boots. Latter might be Republic only.

Also Smuggler Tionese which is definitely Republic only.

The problem is the rest of the Thana Vesh outfit is super expensive so it won't be easy to add to Collection.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 03:44 on May 18, 2013

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oops.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, you should never need to actually make a weapon as Armstech unless you like the model of a high level orange.

Armor professions might want to make companion armor though, since keeping them updated in orange can be tough.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stan S. Stanman posted:

Yes. That's how it looks with crystals anyways. I made 4 or 5 just by clicking the market "add to inventory" button a couple times.

It only cost 60 cartel coins to unlock it for all of your alts. Seems a lot less hassle than playing with legacy gear. Also seems silly to ban people over 60 cartel coins.

The cost depends on the crystal mod. 60 is for Endurance.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but you can do both, to make exploding chokes.

Then kick them in the dick afterwards.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Warmachine posted:

Double orbital strike is the best move in the game. I'll have none of this dick-kicking tomfoolery. And in fact, the more Snipers you have in a raid to drop Orbital strikes, the fun factor of the game approaches infinity.

Sorry, do you bombard their dick? No? Then not the best.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tatooine and I think Voss have you doing the same stuff on both sides.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ISPs only listen to ISPs. They don't care what Bioware says either.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vildiil posted:

So, mr. Nipponophile, what in you're infinite wisdom should all of us who have this issue do then. If you're providing the information and getting no results other than silence or a "gently caress off", just sit here and take the dick and like it?

Nothing. You're hosed. Sorry.

But it's not Bioware's fault.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Goon Squad is the first Republic guild. Older characters would still be in it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't think direct purchased mounts go to every character.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Catsworth posted:

Ah yeah, definitely missed it. And holy poo poo, 1,500 more. Oh well, no one says I have to do it all at once.

I think the 1500 is just giving the current cost, not the Collection bind cost.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's the only goon guild that could be called active.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's just a common model for light armor Imperial side.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They are not.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CommonSensei posted:

I was actually just about to post to ask whether there is a nice-looking chest piece that a Scoundrel can wear that isn't busy like the end game stuff is, and this thread kind of turned that way. I've been using the Esseles piece since level 10, which I do actually like. Hoever, it doesn't have a dye slot and it makes other gear (particularly pants) an unpleasant color if you match them to that chest piece.

Leather Jacket.

It's called Drelliad or something.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Does that jacket come with mods? Stuff with stats aren't reproducible.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fathis Munk posted:

I totally love the new pistol, assault gun and sniper. Having never actually bought these crates, how much chance do you have of actually finding poo poo that is worth it ? I don't want to waste the cartel coins on these things.

If you want a weapon, wait. They're usually super common and cheap.

The only ones that ever seem to be rare are some lightsabers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do derelict sabers have a visual effect?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I barely even notice saber skins unless I'm in a cutscene. Crystals are a differet story of course.

Yeah, that's why I only care about the ones that make your blade do weird stuff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I wish the forms were forms.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Those specific ones could potentially be expired I guess, but the game still accepts time cards and they're still sold in stores.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WarLocke posted:

See, I see it more as establishing a look unique to your character. Han didn't upgrade his gear during the OT. he's wearing the same duds throughout. So once I've put together 'the' look for my characters I don't feel a need to change them. It's actually kind of annoying for my Sage because I love the Rumination Vestments you can get on Nar Shaddaa, but I've yet to find a lower robe that looks good with them. Also I really want the legacy 20 Consular gear - only 7 more legacy levels to go! :negative:

Is that the top with the flappy part?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, that's the one I meant. Rumination. It clips through lower robes, so you probably need to use pants.

Or maybe a miniskirt, since those are a thing now apparently.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

KittyEmpress posted:

I don't mind the 'sexy' outfits, except for one set of it - the Elegant Loungewear set. Every other set is at least sort of revealing on both Male and Female. Why is it women who are 'Elegant' wear a bikini and men wear a full shirt and pants?

Elegant Loungewear is female only.

The male look is just a placeholder.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WarLocke posted:

Regarding <Goon Squad> on JC Rep, I just had to turn away a goon because I was the only member online and didn't have invite ability. Considering the lack of Rep-side goons in the first place, why can't anyone invite?

Goon Squad used to be really cliquey and stupid.

I guess either Nipponophile can't promote people/change permissions, or didn't think of it though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

It's probably not a great situation if the rep side Goon Squad guild leader is absent though, who is it?

Place Ad Here.

He hasn't posted in about 3 weeks.

Edit: Apparently he still logs in the game though, so it should be no problem getting things sorted out.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jul 10, 2013

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They should have a legacy ability like that Stampede move Hunters in WoW have, where for 30 seconds all of your companions come out and attack a guy.

Preferably in a cartoon cloud with random limbs popping out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Medullah posted:

I bought two of the new Cartel packs last night, and both had a "mission unlock cube" in them. I don't want to click them because I'm not sure what they are yet, anyone have any idea? Crafting mission? Or some sort of XP mission?

Short little mission that lets you choose from some XP boosts.

• Locked thread