Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

shut up gelly posted:

that person asked me for 25 plat for a mount not 5 minutes later, now that "we're a couple." gold digging whore!

also hedo/loracia/other tanks with t2 gear - how the gently caress are we supposed to deal with block softcap? i'm sitting at 49% block in paladin with a bunch of t1 gear and 6 t2 pieces (3 of which are accessories/a weapon). a lot of the stuff on the t2 bis list seems to have block on it, too. are we just going to have to grind out tons of FES and get lucky with the ultane legs? it seems prohibitively difficult to manage your stats as a tank this tier.

ABE: Always Be Endurance. Any other stat is pretty much added value. Keep in mind BiS lists don't take caps into account (Bowler Hat's used to but it overvalued evasion/block above endurance/armor).

Also: That's a first world problems, because I haven't even gotten an upgrade to my weapon/shield in uhh a year or so? We've never seen any cleric tanking relics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

jadebullet posted:

I went cleric with a focus on justicar and I am having a blast with it. I find it kind of odd that they have a premade build that you have to choose when making a character, then it holds your hand while you level up. Anyone know if the premade builds are any good, or should I just be ignoring them?

Good enough for leveling, not good enough for endgame.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

The game is stupidly optimized to the point that any feature that says "CPU Intensive" is going to be your biggest culprit as long as you have a semi-modern GPU.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Bonapartisan posted:

Can't autoremove authenticator from old phone, click link provided for Customer Service. It wants me to log on, using my authenticator :(

Can't find the CS chat, somehow -- sent in a request for help. Which doesn't allow me to actually type my question/problem just asks me to provide things like my IP address.

What the hell Trion.

When you fail your authentication you can break out of the authenticator by answering your security questions, at least that's how it worked when I did mine.

Otherwise you gotta call em.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

shut up gelly posted:

normal golem foundry and boneforge are also soloable, but exodus has the most trash

I would think that upto 30ish the initial event in KB would be king XP, specially since you can reset it and start it immediatelly. And GF has more easy-to-reset trash.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

GreyPowerVan posted:

From the low level I've seen no one ever gets banned, so I'm wondering how bad I can make my name before there's an exception.

Frothycumsaucer

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

The livestream yesterday revealed a few things such as new skins for combat pets that you will be able to choose, there are some screenshots here

Trion is seriously stupid good about quality of life changes. Terrible at server infrastructure, but goddamn QoL is almost unparalleled.

Also did you see this about datamined stuff from 2.6? Water/Amphibious mounts :swoon:

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Why are you mixing tanking and DPS souls? Are you not paying attention to the "Gifts" from each soul? Hover over the soul icon in game (or in the soul tree links you posted) on the soul tree, the tooltip explains that every soul gets a different set of bonuses per-level.

Unfortunately the only thing you will do while focusing on Paladin is tanking, pre-Storm Legion you had the option to hybridize Justicar or even Chloro to do some serious healing and DPS/Support, but that option is long gone.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Kreczor posted:

Stay away from Paladin for leveling. It offers very few good benefits and just slows you down. When you have enough cash for a second spec, then feel free to make a pure tanking build but for leveling you want a mixed Warlord/Champion build of which can be found here:
http://forums.riftgame.com/game-dis...-7-changes.html

Keep in mind lowbie dungeons have been nerfed to oblivion so Warlord tanking is mostly viable with a monkey as a healer. Unfortunately some pubbies are worse than monkeys at healing. Speaking from experience leveling Poobrain.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

shut up gelly posted:

it's level 51 so you can powerlevel a warrior to 51 and go ham in pvp. the weapon dps is equivalent to a t1 relic.

So is everything on it, pretty sure the stats and hit are level 60 but the item is 51.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

I have been having threat issues lately against t2 geared warriors getting lucky bursts (and relic tanking weapon procs take aggro off me like a fat kid taking a candy bar). It's not insurmountable, but if I am not paying attention to threat because of some other mechanic (or because I am worrying about my own health) then it's game over.

I've taken to taunting eggtenders almost constantly (every 10-12 seconds) just to make sure Vandee/Egeus don't shear aggro. A few times I had to run to find my healer (their fault) I lost aggro.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Zoness posted:

You can't be serious in saying that makes up for anything when paragon and harbinger get to do full normal rotation damage half the time.

Look at his post history, guy's retarded.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

I am totally looking forward to RNG runes loving me in the rear end repeatedly, who's with me?

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Oraculum Animi posted:

Does anyone know how they are crafted? What gathering professions are needed? Can someone give me a REX so I can buy another profession slot? I don't know whether I should dump my meager coffers into getting the BiS seal or REX to get a new profession slot for the new profession.

You break down artifacts to get the prime matter (ribbons) for it. The higher end ones take ribbons and corruscating shards.

Each orb has a 5% chance of being the BiS you want/need and a 20% chance of actually being useful.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Zoness posted:

You can manage with 0 conquest power, it's just a good chunk of free stats. It's also not strictly pvp, you can get conquest power by basically idling and moving your character once every so often and hiding that character in the out-of-the-zone area doing something else

IPP still works for hiding? Neat.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Ooh, nice, never understood why the AE taunt had a 1m cooldown.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

My power went out about 20 minutes ago and it's still gone, Welp.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

vandiar posted:

:words:Radiant Infinity Cell:words:

gently caress Trion.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Also steam cards for F2P games comes from spending money on F2P games IIRC.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Frocious posted:

I'm fairly certain you are allotted a certain number of free drops, which then increase as you spend money.

quote:

What about free to play games like Team Fortress 2 or Dota 2?
Free to play games drop game cards based on your in-game purchasing. For every $9 USD spent (approximate) since the start of the Steam Trading Card Beta, you will earn one card drop. This card will drop at some point as you play. If you have made in-game purchases in Dota 2 or Team Fortress 2 prior to the Steam Trading Card Beta, or if you owned Team Fortress 2 prior to the Free to Play update, you will have 4 or 5 additional card drops available.

Source

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

necrotic posted:

These are some pretty great QOL changes. I'm especially looking forward to the Crafting and Macro changes! Mostly the macro poo poo... what an awful UI it has right now.

For the record, if anyone needs anything crafted that Hedonism might have, people have ways of contacting me and at least Tsu has my password (if he recorded it).

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Kreczor posted:

O.O

I feel really bad for leaving now.

I think he means me, and if anyone wants to take over my account until they get geared (or 2.7 comes out and it obsoletes cleric tanks) let me know.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Someone log in my character and make that? I don't get the problem. I probably even have the spare mats minus aug.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

~~ gently caress rift ~~

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Don't forget they can gently caress up ArcheAge too!

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Rianeva posted:

2.8 is coming out next Wednesday. It has a new dungeon at 60 and I guess the Infinity Gate is floating away or something?

Shits given: still 0.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

deadtear posted:

Then why the gently caress even read the thread, much less post?

Why do any of us post? What is the meaning of posts?

Why can't I post my acknowledgment of Trion releasing new content while stating that it's not enough to get me interested in the game again in an impertinent manner? Is criticism forbidden in this most positive comedy forums em em oh thread?

Please answer my rhetorical questions, your feedback is very important.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Zoness posted:

Yes but how do you feel about Zinbik?

gently caress Zinbik and his vacuum.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Sgt. Slaughter posted:

Tried this. Clicking logout at the top of the glyph launcher, re-entering username & password, etc, doesn't get me any further.

Go here: http://www.whatismyip.com/

And refresh a few times, does it change?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Sgt. Slaughter posted:

On trying to log in the next day I got on first try without issue. I guess my ISP was doing something weird that day.

Actually the days you had issues the internet was imploding due to the BGPocalypse, your ISP was probably just slow to fix it's edge routers.

Or you were being routed through Cogent, who suck balls on a normal day.

• Locked thread