Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
ive played a combied 3000 hours of fps games on steam

hey lets try that ck2 game

what in the fuuuuuuuuuck this game owns

Shions of Qud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Isn't that just not bothering to change already existing provinces?

Like, it would be pretty baller to have settlements only where the Romans ruled or whatevs, with the rest being tribal but it seems like a lot of work.

I'd honestly kill for more places to settle as tribal Islam, because it is the bees goddamn knees. Why, yes, I would like all the pros of tribal poo poo with literally none of the downsides, thank you very much.
It does. Also are the two pics from your second sig-gif from the same anime and if so what it called.

first anime is GJ Bu second i have no idea what its from

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

PrinceRandom posted:

I'm having trouble with the subscribe install for CK2+. When i try to play it, a black window pops up and immediately closes with no message or error report.

I deleted my save folder in my documents and it worked find after that

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
im really nervous right now becuz right before i left for work I started a war but then got all my vassels happy so i could finally make it so my son would get everything when i died but then right as im at the last 1/3 of the siege to win i get a war declared on me and now im like fuuuuuuuuck

this hasn't been the best round for the king of ireland start at 1066 with king brian of mumu so far but ive done so much damnit. i was trying for years to revoke desmundhain's title so i could run it myself i had to wait like 15 years for that old fucker to die so i could have his son inherit and finally make all the vassals happy. osriage(?) made a claim on me and called in someone from cull dain and im stuck up near the other tull culdesac or w/e it is gotta do this tricky good style. hopefully this 20% army movement skill works well enough.

Shions of Qud

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
wow nevermind cill dara also called war on the guy i was attacking so ijust hosed off ran back to my capital and 3 flanked a guy lol

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
What the heck do I do with kingdoms? I'm in my first play through after the tutorial. I made it to like 1266 and I'm the king of Ireland and I have half of Scotland and some of england and now I have two kingdoms I can assign but if I do they become independent.

I'm not in the learning scenario I know my history I know what happened to Leon and Castille

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Volkerball posted:

Hold on to them until you can form the empire of britannia. When you're approaching the vassal limit as an emperor, you can hand off kingdoms, as it will lower your direct vassals within that kingdom to 1. Be smart about it though. Don't hold on to Scotland and expect Ireland and England to not come after you for independence.

I loaded up and I forgot England is now owned by the Aztec Empire

Here is my situation map wise I still have to learn what the gently caress matters in my court/ vassals to screenshot

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Once the Aztecs popped up in game i immediantly gave each one whos portrait is on the event button 20-55 gold so they like me and have shown no signs of aggression so I'm hoping at the very least I can grab Moray and sneak into Berziah near the end and take that too.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Make sure the heir likes you too. I did this, and it was going okay, then the Aztec leader died at about 40 and his son immediately Holy War'd my rear end. Once their event troops are gone though, they're not so tough. The last 50 years after the invasion, iirc.

What are your succession laws? If it's Not-Gavelkind, it might be a smart idea to form the Kingdom of Scotland (I think you have enough), make sure it has the same succession as Ireland (Ultimo is good), then De Jure your way through Moray. If the same guy inherits them all, you can keep multiple kingdom titles together pretty much indefinitely. Might be worth sending your chancellor to make trouble in Moray: you can plow through five indepedent counties a lot faster than one big blob.

agnatic cognatic Primogeniture are my succession laws

I have the Kingdom of Alba and the Kingdom of Bhreatain Bheag but I don't recall actually forming them I might have I was pretty drunk last night. Both consist of at least one republic and I was going to ask how that happened but I saw a post earlier talking about that.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Yeah you got it on lock then. Make sure Wales and Scotland are also Primo, De Jure chip away at the smaller guys who own poo poo that belongs to you, wait 50 years until the Aztecs lose their superarmy and/or convert to Catholicism, then go and gently caress their princesses until you've got a decent claim.

I was in the same situation in my British Empire game. Ireland/Scotland/Wales together have more than enough troops to take all of England.

Of all three kingdoms I guess I'm made of I have claim to all three. I'm worried about my republics but as long as they stay faithful I won't chop any heads off.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Strudel Man posted:

Maybe I should put together a Super Basic Bugfix mod. I can't imagine it would take that long.

That'd be wicked

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
How come I can't make a retinue from the charlamagne start in ireland

i see other irish provinces doing it :saddowns:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Do I need MO for retinues

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Aquitane, France, and Burgundy just had literally 3 simultaneous Queens come to throne and they all declared war on each other im pretty sure

e: europe is hideous

edit 2 return of edit: I have level 2 Military Organization and it is still telling me I can't make a retinue is there anything else I'm not aware of to do so

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 18, 2015

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Neopie posted:

Okay, so, one problem. I have a new laptop! CK2 auto starts on a resolution that pushes every single clickable button on the screen off-screen.

What do I do to change the resolution outside the game? I know I have a big enough screen, it's just starting /huge./

right click ck2 in steam click properties click set launch options then type -w then ur desired width then -h for it height

ex: -w 1920 -h 1080

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I've never not played Primogentiture(?) Ireland from Tuadhmhumhain literally ever. I've never finished a game mind you but I have played 2 before my current both around 15-20 hours of playtime.

This time around I'm King if the Eir'e by like 919 or something. I just want the empire of Britannia dammnit.

But the real post was can someone tell me why you would pick other succession laws? I use Primo right now because it is easy to follow and I understand the reasons why people get mad about it/ like it.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Try Robert of Apulia in 1066.

edit ur post quick answer my other ?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Also I just play Ireland because I'm removed from a lot of the crazy things. I literally only have to care about the people around me since I know what Ireland is. Some of these other kingdoms I have never heard of but I was big on Ancient Greece not so much Medieval Europe, well politics at least and borders and what not.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I like tanistry as Irish, for role playing reasons. You are pretty much immune from game overs, but it's hard to get your chosen heir elected because they usually favour older members of your dynasty.

I must have gotten a bug because I had to console in an heir because my 69 year old ruler apparently didnt rule for 50 years. It would just not let me change the law no matter what. I did not change it when I became ruler as him, I had no upset vassals and I deffo ruled for 10 years x 4

the i'm not in a chat thread and can't post 10 times in a row edit: My roleplay in ireland is we loving love horses (stables everywhere) and if i ever have to get a horse for my wife/ trade route recipient chain event its the most expensive horse

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Feb 19, 2015

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Knuc U Kinte posted:

When you crate a new primary title it resets the rule time. That's why you should get all your laws in order before moving from count to duke and duke to king etc.

Huh I never knew! thanks for that now I'm just sad I cheated but oh well its cool learning is learning

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
So what decides your personal levy?

My King had a 10k levy amount and when his son took over it was 8k now it is 6.5k.

Also when I had my 10k levy my vassal levy was only 5k when it was 8k before I reached the 10k.

It really hosed me up as I can now no longer defend against england even with all of Eire partial Alba and a few counties in Brittany.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

vyelkin posted:

Your personal levy will be influenced by your Martial score, so if the son had lower martial he'll have a smaller levy.

Your vassals' levy sizes are affected by how much they like you, so you'll almost always get less vassal troops if you've just inherited than on an old king who's reigned for a long time, unless you have some weird circumstance where your old king has all the bad traits and your new one is a saintly genius.

15 martial to 6 reaalllly makes a difference then goddamn

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

SeaTard posted:

It's been awhile since I've played, but I think it's a 5% increase for every point of martial. So a 9 point difference is a 45% smaller bonus to your levy size.

Wowie

P sure this run is gonna have some hard times for the last 200 years until time end.

Or I'll just keep save scumming until a faction doesn't rise up during my defense against England

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Jaramin posted:

Does anyone here know how to make a cb type that only works on people with a specific trait? Like if I wanted to write a war type that would only trigger if the attacker was not gregarious, but the target was?

I hope you find out because that'd be just swell

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I went from playing this 7 hours a night to not playing at all :c

gotta get the computer fixed

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

dj_clawson posted:

I'm the King of Lombardy, Tanistry is not listed as an option. I've been burned a lot by Seniority, playing a bunch of old guys.

Stab more people

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Nuclear War posted:

Figured you guys might get a kick out of this:

http://www.dagbladet.no/2015/03/17/nyheter/innenriks/arkeologi/vikinger/gravhauger/38257994/ its an article (in Norwegian, but the picture's the good part) about a ring that was found in a viking tomb from the ninth century that was recently examined with an electronmicroscope and found to have the words 'for allah' inscribed on it. Pretty cool

This is wicked cool

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Scott Manley's lp of his King of Ireland play through is on YouTube and is very good. Its only about an hour and a half but it taught me a lot after I did the tutorial. I've never touched the Leon in game tutorial since I'm scared of being surrounded by things. I just hang out in Ireland all day.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

dj_clawson posted:

I am not a big fan of the Leon playthrough. You've got wars with sparring kingdoms almost immediately and a gavelkind system you have no idea how to deal with. Ireland's the way to go.

I've learned more by doing the Ol Duchy of Mumu games than anything.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I think Seduction exists for that reason sometimes. Nothing really happening? gently caress everyone and claim the opportunistic ones stab or war from there

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Is there a list of all the religions and cultures in the game? I'm out a computer for another month and any info I can get is nice since I'm living vicariously through this thread

e: basically I'd like to fiddle faddle in my head about doing something other than a Charlemagne start in Mumu which is all I've ever done

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 21, 2015

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Schizotek posted:

http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Religion

Basque Messallians its a prochoice. Motherfucking devilworshipping matriarchy.

Real dumb guy here forgetting every game has a fukkin wiki

Thanks tho friend

Shions of Qud

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Are heretic games any fun? I feel like it might be an endless stream of holy wars against you

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Can I get some tips for starting as a Muslim in Spain at the 1066 start?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The 1066 start is the one with all the little Muslim dukes right? I might be thinking of a different start

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Lord Hydronium posted:

I'm guessing their mortal enemies are:

(What's the source of that image anyway?)

Unfinished mod

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Check who has what with landed titles. I learned to keep asmuch poo poo as possible in Ireland plays so I can hand out duchy's and dujure titles to the same people. Though this can make them pretty strong sometimes.

CK2 is odd

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Is Poland normally in permawinter >:c it is impossible to siege things with 20% attrition at ALL times

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

TITY BOI posted:

You need military organization 4 to remove the pagan homeland attrition penalty, unless you are also an unreformed pagan yourself.

No I mean like its winter 12 months a year

Unrelated home come if I grant someone emirate they go independent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
When I grant an emirate they immediately gain independence. Why?

• Locked thread