Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Autism
Jul 1, 2009

FREEDOM
INCARNATE
The Old Gods trailer is amazing. Paradox has been on a roll with trailers lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism
Jul 1, 2009

FREEDOM
INCARNATE

Gyshall posted:

CK2 is on sale on Steam right now - http://store.steampowered.com/app/203770/ what the hell do I need to buy to get everything?

There's a pack on Amazon that has the base game, all pre-old gods DLC, and CK1 for $15. They're steam codes. I'd buy that.

Autism
Jul 1, 2009

FREEDOM
INCARNATE

cadmaniak posted:

Now to wait for the latest Wizmod update (CK2+ shall hereforth be known as Wizmod again)

Pray to The Wiz Gods for a faster release :colbert:

Mod compatibility seems like it'll take awhile with this patch. Such is the double edged sword of new DLC :(

Autism
Jul 1, 2009

FREEDOM
INCARNATE

lenoon posted:

How do you produce maps like this?

Press F10 while in game.

Autism
Jul 1, 2009

FREEDOM
INCARNATE

Nobody Interesting posted:

oops forgot to disable Sunset Invasion :suicide:

I outright uninstalled Sunset Invasion. If it hadn't come in a bundle I would have never bought it.

Is there a way to prevent steam from ever redownloading it? It hasn't so far, but I don't want to miss it coming back during a patch or something.

Autism
Jul 1, 2009

FREEDOM
INCARNATE

NihilCredo posted:

Not tested it but it should work:

Open the \DLC\ subfolder. There's a bunch of .zip and .dlc (text) files. Find the .zip containing the Sunset Invasion assets; I'm guessing it should be #18 since it's one of the few I don't have. Replace it with an empty archive, then set that file to read-only.

Thanks!

elf help book posted:

If you uncheck it in the launcher, it should stay unchecked. I trust that more than hoping Steam doesn't decide you have a corrupt file and redownloads it.

It doesn't seem to work for the Mac version :(

Autism
Jul 1, 2009

FREEDOM
INCARNATE

:ohdear: and not even 100 years into this game!

Autism
Jul 1, 2009

FREEDOM
INCARNATE

You'd think Karling decadence would be higher...

Autism
Jul 1, 2009

FREEDOM
INCARNATE

Rincewind posted:

How did that even happen, anyway?

I have literally no idea :psyduck:. I looked over at one point and suddenly I had a Sunni France and a Shiite Aquitaine.

Autism
Jul 1, 2009

FREEDOM
INCARNATE
Is there any reason to not conquer territory as a trade republic? I sort of like the idea of a super far reaching Venitian empire with hella cash.

Autism
Jul 1, 2009

FREEDOM
INCARNATE
In my CK2+ Ironman game, I'm playing as the duke of Spoleto.

A few years back, around 955, I was excommunicated. By 960, the Holy Roman Empire declared an excommunication war on me. Here's a territory breakdown:

As y'all can see, I control most of Italy. Still, I could only muster around 4000 troops vs. the HRE's ~8000, not to mention the thousands upon thousands of troops that their allies brought in.
If this hadn't been an ironman game, I probably would have savescummed and just tried to avoid the war. But I fought it and won. gently caress yeah. This game is awesome when you manage to survive seemingly impossible odds.

Autism
Jul 1, 2009

FREEDOM
INCARNATE

Darkrenown posted:

Noted. Although IMO we should keep it and call it "Death race challenge".

Achievement: Conquer the world as the 133-year-old maharaja of Gahadvala.

Autism
Jul 1, 2009

FREEDOM
INCARNATE
Just as a thought, but is there any reason that people can't use the old map files to mod in the old map?
That way people can take advantage of patches while also being able to ignore India if they're not interested in it.

Autism
Jul 1, 2009

FREEDOM
INCARNATE

Randarkman posted:

This is looking good and coming along at a decent enough pace. Soon you'll be done with the most densely populated areas also (until you hit California) and you can probably justify making larger and fewer provinces in the mid-west, pacific NW and the South west along the mexican border. Are you planning on doing anything with Mexico? Obviously not include it all though. I also see you got the tuskegeean portraits working

Also stupid idea to involve Canada: Mountie Invasion
Or sentient grizzly-polar bear hybrid invasion

Add a Canadian culture with a Mountie special unit.

Autism
Jul 1, 2009

FREEDOM
INCARNATE

Caik posted:

It looks like the Workshop still doesn't work.
Is there any way to get the mods running besides getting them from the paradox forum?

If it's hosted on a mirror, yeah. What's the problem with the forum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism
Jul 1, 2009

FREEDOM
INCARNATE

timp posted:

same...I thought I was just incompetent or something until I searched online for the shortcut and found a bunch of people complaining about the same thing. I found a decent compromise where the game is windowed just shy of fullscreen and my dock is still visible at the bottom of the screen, but if I have too many icons present it will cover up my War indicator.

I have a 13" Mid-2013 air with the 1440x900 screen, and I just have my dock autohide and set the window to 1440x868, that way the top bar doesn't cover it and nothing gets cut off.

• Locked thread