Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Is there any reason you'd want to lead your own army aside from "I really want my heir on the throne"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

DStecks posted:

Projecting much?

See, my problem with you is that you've always got an excuse. You can never just say "yeah, that's an issue, I'll talk to the team about it", it's always got to be some smug reply because god forbid that Paradox doesn't always make the 100% perfect decision every single time.

What you don't realize is that saying "we didn't have enough time" to make braindead-simple fixes makes you look worse than if you'd just said "The issue never occurred to us", or "we haven't decided how we're going to deal with this yet", because while those would imply some (insignificant) mistake on Paradox's part, they're at least an acknowledgement that a bug is a problem, and give some reassurance that a fix may be coming, as opposed to "It's not really a problem and gently caress yourself for wanting it fixed".

I find the best way to prove how sane and level headed I am is to go on rants like these.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Clanpot Shake posted:

You're looking at the Duchy of Aragon (north/south) and the Kingdom of Aragon (middle), which are for some reason independent of each other. The southern county is owned by the northern block. Note the borders.

It's funny but it's not mystifying.

DStecks posted:

Looks like the northern Aragon is the Duchy, the coastal Aragon is the kingdom, and the southern county is an exclave held by the Duke. There is no county just called Aragon.

(I'm pretty sure that a complex collection of exclaves is also what caused the infamous PERM PERM PERM PERM PERM screenshot)

I'm pretty sure he knows this, yeah.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
In what kind of shape were the Zoroastrians/Jews in 769? Because man, the 866 start is rough.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

COOL CORN posted:

What's the best count to start with to get the count->emperor achievement?

The count of Kaliopolis in the Latin Empire start date is set to inherit the Latin Empire. So, you know, :ese:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Rincewind posted:

I kind of want to use that mod for my next CK2 LP and just never mention or acknowledge it in any way for the entire run.

It's actually pretty well-done for what it is; it'd give the game a kind of Long Live the Queen-esque charm.

Add in a new horde that all has those faces.

What'll be really fun is when it starts mixing into the regular gene-pool.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Quick question, does the relationship penalty for truce-breaker stack?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Brown Moses posted:

Has anyone ever reached 1150 with no holy orders being formed, and no crusades being called?

Byzantium nabbed Jerusalem up really quickly in one game I played, so crusades weren't even unlocked until like, 1250. Then, the Pope decided to just never call a crusade. I think a couple none-Catholic holy orders, like the Jomsvikings, formed that game though.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

God, is this the map where the Dalmatian islands are a county all their own?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Digital Osmosis posted:

Such arrogance! (That's a "this game is incredibly complex" joke, not a "you're dumb" joke.)

So... sorry if this is in poor taste, but current events have gotten me interested in playing a historic (and Kurdish) Yazidi game. (I had an English Yazidi Republic once in a "how weird can I get" game.) Are there any in the game? Is there any good way to find out?

I don't think there's a Yazidi start, but there's some Yazidi land in the 1204 start onwards centered around Kurdistan. You could start with whoever owns that land and convert via descision and capital moving.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Moreau posted:

Is there a particularly good strategy for dealing with Empires as an outsider? i.e. I'm the Emperor of India, facing an Orthodox Empire of Persia under the Timurids. Is there anything I can do to cause the Empire to fragment, and turn into separate Kingdoms or Duchies?

If you keep assassinating the leader of the realm then sooner or later the whole she-bang will fall apart into civil war. Then,

Knuc U Kinte posted:

kick them while they are down and keep kicking them

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

TTBF posted:

If anyone has a screenshot of Pope Priest-Hater, I'd love to see it.

It's straight up in the OP bro

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Sheep posted:

So you'd rather just never see them because you accidentally deleted it when it came in because you were trying to delete a previous message? Makes sense!

You could just pause the game when going through messages.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Eric the Mauve posted:

The last thing we need is a goddamn bigger map.

It's a good thing that's not what the DLC is about at all then.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Inside Outside posted:

One other question: why am I not de jure drifting out of the Byzantine Empire as Georgia? I hold all of de jure Georgia, is it some dumb reason like I don't control all of Armenia?

Do you also hold an empire level title?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

verbal enema posted:

Wowie

P sure this run is gonna have some hard times for the last 200 years until time end.

Or I'll just keep save scumming until a faction doesn't rise up during my defense against England

Also, if your new ruler has lovely stewardship and this pushes your max holdings under your current holdings, you're going to start seeing some big penalties.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

snoremac posted:

I'm getting tired of losing my lesser kingdoms.

Those kingdoms are almost all certainly under gavelkind while your main title is under primogeniture. There's different shields for each title in the law screen.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

What? Why? Who would kill a baby?

I'm really interested on where it takes you if you click the red skull now.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

papersack posted:

Can someone point me to the RAM downloads?

sure

http://www.downloadmoreram.com/

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Deceitful Penguin posted:

But something like, whoever wins the reconquista getting a boost with the loser getting a penalty (And both losing if say, the Aztecs or Norse take over) would probs be better.

What's the difference between this and north Iberia having a Catholic holy site and south Iberia having a Sunni one?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

jfood posted:

Zealous, diligent and ambitious decrease mtth on several counsellor actions like conversion, settlement, claim fabrication etc. Content, slothful and cynical raise the mtth. Somewhere in the previous 999 pages of this glorious thread, someone explained it all in great detail. I think they effect a stat that's hidden in-game, called zeal, which has an influence on the mtth for all actions they undertake... or that's the stat that governs how likely they are to declare wars, I really don't remember.

Dallan Invictus posted:

Doing a more comprehensive search through those files (because it's Saturday and I'm a colossal nerd) reveals I was actually wrong, there is precisely one instance in which traits influence an MTTH for councillor actions in vanilla - a Muslim Lord Spiritual has less of a chance to pocket charity money if they're Charitable or Just or a couple of other similar traits.

Otherwise it's all stats (also religious authority for conversions and the Scholarship focus for the tech boost actions, but that wasn't the topic here).

dude

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Are we ever going to get a new thread?

Only after we hit 1453, mods are aching for that achievement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Pivotal Lever posted:

I've been learning to play this game, but for some reason I lose every single battle. I just had 4k dudes lose against 1.5k, why did that happen?

don't attack over rivers, don't attack into hills/mountains/maybe some other stuff, make sure all your flanks are being led.

• Locked thread