Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

So I just started playing this game recently, like yesterday was my first play where I had strong grasp on what to do and wasn't loving up constantly. I see a lot of words here and other places about a terrible bug that makes the game unplayable but I don't really understand what it is or who it effects. What is this horrible bug and are you fine if you're not playing with DLC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Alright sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm playing as the queen of Ireland and one of my vassals has the negative mood modifier "Wrong government type"

I think that's because he became a merchant republic at some point but I'm not sure how to fix this.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

SeaTard posted:

Drop his levies to minimum, raise his taxes to maximum, and give him an honorary title or two. He'll give you a giant pile of cash (make a couple vassal merchant republics if you can), and will provide lovely troops so putting them at minimum doesn't matter.

Merchant Republics will end up providing you with thousands of gold as the game goes on, so just ignore the relations penalty and rake in the ducats.

Is there a way to do that without doing it to everybody?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Is it possible to press multiple claims at once? I'm the queen of Whales and England has 4 counties that belong to me but it's going to be pretty loving tedious to get each one of them separately...

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Coward posted:

Yep, I too childishly changed the name of my Kingdom when I made it.

:downsgun: god drat it

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

WhiteHowler posted:

Makes sense.

So what IS the best way to take over a neighboring Duchy if your highest title is Duke and you have no direct claim on it?

I just started recently as well, so take this with a grain of salt.

If you have the duchy of Gwynedd and the duchy of Powys the best way for you to go would be to try to absorb the independent county of Glamorgan to your south. Find somebody who has a claim on the county and is in your dynasty or somebody you can make a vassal, then go to war. If you press a vassal's claim on a county, it will become yours.

In the meantime, set your chancellor to fabricate a claim on one of the counties in Deheubarth. This could take a while. You can increase the chance by getting a chancellor. Maybe go to the find character section and see if there's anybody out there with a high diplo stat that would accept an invitation to your court. This can be a little tricky, generall only title claimants accept will accept an invitation. If you're lucky and you can find somebody with a high diplo stat and a claim on a nearby county/duchy, that could help you set up future expansion.

Once you get the claim on one of Deheubarth's counties, press that. You'll have the majority of Deheubarth at that point and can take the title from whoever currently has it. I'm not sure exactly what happens to the person you took it from, but if they're still in charge of the other Deheubarth county you'll have to wait 10 years before pressing your new de jure ducal claim.

If you've done all this you should have 6 welsh counties (Powys, Gwynedd, Perfeddwlad, Dyfed, Gwent and Glamorgan) and you'll be able to form the kingdom of wales. Then invade ireland I guess.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I've got tanistry succession and every time I load my game everybody votes again and usually the votes fall upon a new heir. This is very irritating.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

If a kingdom has elective succession and you control multiple duchies, do you get a vote for each duchy or just one vote. In this case I'm not part of the kingdom, I'm a foreign power who gets to vote.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Man, why do my vassals get all the cool nicknames?

Me:

It didn't stop Timur, why should it stop you?

E: looking at those titles, it hasn't

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I wish the game would stop crashing shortly after I go through the hour long process of finding the perfect spouses for my entire dynasty

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I always read about people assassinating everybody left and right but assassination seems pretty difficult unless it's a foreigner in your court. What am I not getting here?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

So killing is hard now? I guess that's a good game design choice.

b-b-b-but there's a guy I want to kill!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

So an update on the killings: I have found a decent way to kill people in other countries is to invite a bunch of high intrigue characters to your court and then marry them into the court of your victim.

Currently I'm using this to destabilize england by making megadukes. I don't know if this is going to work but :xcom:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I've been using a mix of tanistry and feudal elective I'm just happy to have my titles go to the same heir.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Is Crusader Kings II vanilla worth 10 bucks or is it like EU4 and really starts to shine with $50 bucks of DLC added on?

I got the base game a little while back and have spent like 70 hours on it so far without feeling like I've exhausted anything yet. I'll get the expansions at some point but I don't feel any rush to do so.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

How common is it for the pope to be excommunicated?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

To clarify, he was excommunicated before he became pope

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

While I'm here what do I do when I win a crusade and suddenly have 41 new holdings

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Shadeoses posted:

The other Cardinals must have been really lovely.

I don't know what this guy's deal is, he has claims on a bunch of different places including the HRE and was involved in four wars upon his becoming the pope.

E: his piety is actually the lower than all the current cardinals.

Jump King fucked around with this message at 07:52 on May 16, 2015

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

monster on a stick posted:

Excommunicated -30
Italian Culture +200

Excommunicated is surprisingly overcome easily with some decent traits.

He's a shy wrothful German mystic who has 250 piety

E: scarred too

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Any tips on playing 1066 Bolgar start? They're tribal Muslims surrounded by pagans who keep kicking my rear end.

Also I invited a holy man to court and his name is Pagan Pagan.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

TorakFade posted:

I think the game is trying to tell you something here.

Is that I should not be playing Bolghar?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Do regents even act all that different according to personalities, skills or opinions? I've heard the big issue is that they just sort of automatically cave to every faction which is why the crown authority drops so much.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

?? Nobody called you a fag

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I actually largely agree with your opinions on using the console in most situations but you're presenting yourself so insufferably right now. Like, it's cool that you're implying that the only reason people are so against you is because you're a socially enlightened fellow who understands the problems of words like fag and your opposition is a bunch of brainless men smashing their keyboards with bone clubs.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Are you guys going to fix those spacing errors or whatever that somebody in this thread found?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

That's exciting! Updates for pagans and stuff is always appreciated.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

beefart posted:

Oh gently caress yes. I've been dying for an excuse to retry Islamic Bolghar Russia for ages now :fap:

(Fingers crossed that Bolghars won't be affected by the bullshit pagan attrition anymore just because they follow the teachings of the Prophet (PBUH))

I tried the Bolghar start recently and didn't have much luck, what's a good way to go about it?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Freudian posted:

It would be called a useless bet since all 13.7 billion years of "before 2015" have already happened

If paradox doesn't release Sword of Islam before 2015 ban me.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

The Khanate's succession plan was such a hilariously poorly thought out plan that I hope they use it to make the gavelkind tears seem like nothing.

What was the Khanate's succession like?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

It's interesting and difficult. It's a strange sort of fun to play as the duke of gently caress all. It's also neat to play Muslims entirely distant from the Muslim world.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Console Kings II: Horse Lords

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

Crusader Kings II: Perma-khan

Crusader Kings II: Are you a khan or a khant?

Crusader Kings II: Khan-do attitude

Not sure if you're pronouncing it right

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

Crusader Kings II: Genghis' Khan-Quest.

I like this one

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I just turned autosave off

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

They're taking about it in the other thread I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Reveilled posted:

I asked and was told no :shrug:

They're never going to give up a thread if it's their last holding. Put your levies in the thread first and then revoke the title.

• Locked thread