Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

HughGRect posted:

My PvP kills would suffer from that, don't take that away from me. But the best troll Fandom could ever do is drop every single piece of 10.5 gear. Because most were not earned, but exploited into existence. In fact, i support this. Death to all 10.5.5's.

I'm in over 50% 10.5.5 gear and earned all of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Trashcan posted:

I'm working my way through City of the Sun God, and I'm tired of playing alone. How active is the goon cabal?

Get on mumble

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

HA! Hilariously most of the instances are solo-only. So enjoy playing by yourself.

This isn't true for much of anything added after 1.5

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Gene Simmons posted:

I was just about to post and say how my first few days with this game have been fun :3: but now it sounds like everyone hates it! What's the story with this game then as we keep going? Is the endgame stuff bad? Is it just the leveling content that is fun? Does that even remain fun as get deeper?

Anyway I'll probably buy it and I'm excited to keep exploring! Though these investigation missions are tough so I cheat. Don't tell anyone.

There's a contingent of long-time TSW goons who expect that Funcom will make compelling new content on their shoestring budget, despite zero evidence that would support this position. Funcom took the problem of "No endgame" and rectified it in a way they had the resources and leadership to implement: an endgame grind for skill modifiers. As TSW was originally touted to be "non-grindy" this of course wouldn't sit well with anyone who bought into the game when Funcom had actual staff and actual money.

Several regulars from the Mumble server have recently said they are leaving due to their disappointment with 1.8, and they are venting their frustrations in here as well.

tl;dr : there may be slightly fewer folks in mumble in the short term and it will be slightly more difficult to get Nightmare goon groups, especially ones where 4 other 10.4/5 players carry you through. Otherwise, the game is still good (even great in many places) but the end-game right now is a bit of a grind. If you enjoy what you've experienced so far, stick with it and get on mumble.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Can we establish a fixed time for group scenarios? I'm taking a tsw break and can't really just idle in channel until the right people feel like logging on.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Cheston posted:

Could you two do 9 EST?

Works for me on days not called Tuesday or Friday

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
If you've ever played the Templar storyline missions you'd know it was absolutely Carter they are talking about

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

HughGRect posted:

I think the game is worth the full price, even the massive edition. You get the fantastic story content plus the issues that lead in to Tokyo. If it is on sale, total gravy.

If massive includes the issues, absolutely get that.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
The last goon holdouts all recently gave up on it and are pretty resentful at Funcom for failing so miserably at selling enough copies to keep a competent dev team around.

The game isn't dead, but this thread has a high percentage of peeps who spent a huge chunk of time on it, only to have Funcom medicore them to death.

Funcom is also atrocious at PR and community management, so there's that.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Cheston posted:

Blood ends up being more than half of overall damage, so yes, but it's probably not too big a loss if your drop has crit power.

Yeah, for me its over two thirds. Your blood focus is more important than your AR.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Hey guys I just got this email from funcom about new and compelling content....

quote:

Join the fight today and defeat the massive Obsidian Basilisk for epic loot!

The Twelve Portents event chain continues this month in Khitai. The event starts today and lasts until Tuesday the 11th of February. Remember that by taking part in all twelve world boss events you will earn a Legendary reward!

If you do not have a level 80 character, but are brave and resourceful, you can still join in the fight to take down the Basilisk in Khitai and get a chance to win powerful raid gear or even a unique and rare pet version of the great monster itself!

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

HughGRect posted:

Have i been gone for so long that TSW uses linear levels and classes now, or did Funcom QA mix TSW and Conan?

My point was that their Dev team is so understaffed and devoid of ideas that they are basically applying their "huge worldboss" design paradigm to every game they make.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Do you do absolutely zero research about potential employers? Do we have an opportunity for you!

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

KaneTW posted:

So I just came back and have no idea what to do. I've got all the issues and like 7k bonus points and 200 veteran points left. Someone help.

Play through the issues and then log out until Tokyo?

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Cleretic posted:

This turn of events confirms this view of things more than it invalidates it, honestly. If Unfair's primary goal is 'make money get e-fame', with his secondary goal being 'gently caress Moiren', then shutting it down while playing the victim will get more people on his side while vilifying her. But, actually shutting the website down would go against his desire to make money and get e-fame, so of course he's not going to do it permanently. It's essentially the slightly smarter equivalent of a teenager faking their suicide on Livejournal or Tumblr; it's for attention, and their nature means they can't stick to it.

You are definitely the most improved poster over the last 6 months.

In tangentially related drama news: I raid with Moiren's group and have done so for the last 6 months or so. Its a consistent easy raid with no drama (ok, like one time, but the raid completed anyhow. There definitely isn't DPS dickwaving and blame-game tanking going on). I generally don't hang around for non-raid activities because I can't bear to spend time on scenarios or 18s.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Toshimo posted:

There's a pretty good chance that reapplying it makes it fall off then applies a new version. Check your combat log. That said, virtually all proc passives suck at scaling, so don't bother.

The game is programmed the way you describe, but Gross Anatomy has an unstated cool-down to reduce how often it will proc.

Because Suppressing Fire + Shoot em Up + Gross Anatomy = how Lawlicaust and I broke the game in beta.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Does anyone want to do a thing tonight? May as well take advantage of extra oreos I guess?

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

A fate worse then death.

I survived it. Admittedly it was pretty touch and go for awhile.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
I'm also on as Rhan on Tuesdays and Fridays at 9pm EST if you need an invite.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
I know I'm enjoying ff14 right now at least....

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Killsion posted:

Coming from FF14 TSW still runs like poo poo while looking far worse.

Yeah, I just jumped to ff14, and it doesn't seem like it is worth coming back.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Mani's are an extra pain in the rear end on the NY raid, which is the main reason I've stuck with AR/Blood.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
To be fair in april I ended up making about 200 million pax on all the genizah bags I saved from last years event.

Not worth much now as I can't be bothered to log in...

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
The issue is that healing is so massively OP at high levels, there is no real reason for the tank to be anything other than a DPS that can keep threat and take spike-damage. Hence the new trend of blade-fist DPS.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Len posted:

Except I've seen these dps tanks poo poo the bed because if a pull goes slightly wrong they tend to be awful at recovery.

Bad tanking is bad tanking. Fist doesn't really lose anything vs hammer when it comes to stuns and holding aggro (razor shards wasn't being run due to poor dps ). What's most likely is that melee DPs from the raid started thinking they could tank regular dungeons.

As far as your question about augments, I really like the support one that can make art of war hit 10 targets.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Escalation requires the escalation specific passive in order to apply exposed, so going chaos doesn't save you a passive slot. Someone could interpret you post to be inferring that it does. Otherwise, great advice.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
AR/Blood is still legit for NM and raid DPs, dunno about Tokyo.

I'll post the actual build when I get home

It does rely on a zero resource exsanguinate, so your healer may hate you.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

guppy posted:

2. Funcom's internal processes are so poor that GMs do not have a consistent source of information on QA issues.

Having worked there, I can assure you it is #2

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

HughGRect posted:

I knew I would miss a few of the bromancers like you, Frankie, Dorito, Corzen, Cheston, Zepho, and Drinkfist. I'm sure there are others I heart them too.

Now I'm hurt.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
^ get goons to run you through elites. If we can get the old group back together I'll even stop playing ff14 long enough to come along.

Also: go ar blood

I'm disappointed I missed out on the dumpster fire a few pages back. DPS wearing an HP piece outside of key fights is so lol. That's what purple vigors are for nub.

Still never got my coney island band. I had a twice a week static but stopped showing up as soon as I installed ff14.

On the topic of tanking: 7k is more than sufficient in most dungeons. My goal was to push DPS as hard as possible as a tank, but I don't recall what numbers I was regularly hitting. I never adapted to the new blade+fist tank DPs meta because at that point I had switched to at blood DPs permanently.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

prefect posted:

Got a build to look at? I can start grinding PVP marks for a blood focus tonight. :)

I will log in tonight and get my build and post it here. It is post-FitH crit changes, but I'm not sure about any changes since then.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
AR Blood DPS

ACTIVES

Hip Fire
Bloodshot
Three Round Burst
Exsanguinate
Suppressing Fire
Cannibalize
Do Or Die

PASSIVES

Steady Hip Fire
Thicker Than Water
Brawler
Lethality
Twist The Knife
Elemental Force
Seal the Deal

Build to 4 with hip fire, then 2x Bloodshot, Three Round Burst, Cannibalize if its up, and then Exsanguinate on your Ele Force auto-crit. At least 2 out of 3 Exsanguinates are going to be on 0 blood resources, so your healer needs to know whats up. Swap hip fire for suppressing fire on add-heavy bosses/phases. This build is specifically for the NY Raid (and I use Dragon's Breath with Searing Magnesium there, but I would swap the passive to the cooldown reducer outside the raid).

You can eek out a tiny bit more dps if you weave the first bloodshot in after 2x hip fire after the first rotation for the blood offering boost, but I never bother.

I really recommend 1-2 purple vigours or at least 2x blue vigours for this build.

GEMorris fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Aug 26, 2014

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Frankenstein Dad posted:

Does anyone know what the current popular meta DPS builds are? Just curious, really.

For the NY raid or for dungeons?

Edit:

If you want the actual builds, I dunno. If you want the group composition, here's what I see the best raid groups being:

Group 1
Tank1 (blade fist)
Tank2 (blade fist)
Healer1 (AR fist)
DPS Buffbot (pistol shotgun)
Podder (AR elemental)

Group 2
Melee DPS1 (blade fist)
Melee DPS2 (blade fist)
Healer2 (AR elemental)
DPS Buffbot (pistol shotgun)
Ranged DPS (AR Blood)

The ranged DPS and the podder deal with adds, with assistance from pistol/shotty DPS if needed. Both groups have full buff sets. All melee (tanks included) are maxing DPS. Healers are a significant DPS contributor. 5 minute cheevo shouldn't be a problem with this composition. Binding whip debuff should always be on boss with that many melee.

GEMorris fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Sep 5, 2014

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Kessel posted:

The leeching guide someone linked earlier in the thread says this.

If that's still correct then unless I'm firing Pop Shot at point blank range, it's going to strike using my AR's weapon power?

Correct. Logic has no place in a discussion about Funcom programming.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Kessel posted:

That's pretty dumb. I guess I should be happy about it since it'll make Pop Shot strike with my much better AR.

The other question is: why are you using pop shot? Just for damage? Rocket jump has better utility in 18s and both crack with binding signet or the chainsaw DPs move do more damage, while the flamethrower spray (esp with the signet that can make it hit 10 targets) does a better job vs add swarms.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Frankenstein Dad posted:

As tricky as Facility can be, I'm pretty sure nothing quite matches Nightmare Hell Fallen in terms of obtuse mechanics and questionable design decisions.

I'm still amazed that we were able to clear that post exploits without any meltdowns.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Yeah, sword fist for max DPS. Sword Hammer is still legit. Sword Chaos is only the "superior spec" for those issue 8 simulation things (e.g. late game soloing) and even that may have changed.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Cheston posted:

This is true.

I have two alts and I did it for four months :(

I was the one with 8 characters that could run Tyler freeborn.

Yes it was a dark phase of my life, but I'm much better now.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

HughGRect posted:

Weapon power bug is the only reason most of us got the 5 minute raid cheevo.

I did a legit 5:10 before quitting.

If you guys think playing a Funcom game is bad, try working at Funcom.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

revenance posted:

What happened to our resident FC employees? One was fairly active during beta in responding to us. Hope he wasn't let go. :ohdear:

Most everyone was let go at one point, a few got hired back eventually, the smart ones stayed away.

Personally losing that job was really good for me, now I make multiples more and don't have to take orders from a glorified CSR.

Screw the games industry, never again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Drinkfist posted:

I am coming back to this game for a bit to clear all the new poo poo and take Bad games crew for a ride. Come in CTS mumble and join "The Angry Dome" and shoot the poo poo with us.

Camping the Stairs Mumble
Port 64738

Prolly gonna be on dis tomorrow night

• Locked thread