Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Death of Optimus Prime is in MTMTE volume 1; don't buy it separately unless you're buying the singles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Iced Cocoa posted:

Well, I had the chance to check the attic at home to see if there were any transformers toys as my mom said. However I didn't say anything, but then my mom said they had been tiny, while I had been looking for the regular sized toys I the same size that's being sold now.

Would there have been any "smaller than a smartphone" transformers been sold circa 1989-1992 or so?

That's the era when Micromasters were a thing, yeah.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Speaking of Fire Transformers: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11741&mode=retail

Price seems pretty steep though.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

MP Fans Choice results are out. Didn't see it mentioned, though I feel like we've known for a while who was coming out on top. Was it just assumption?

1. Star Saber
  2. Armada Optimus Prime
  3. Powermaster Optimus Prime
  4. Dai Atlas
  5. RiD Optimus Prime
  6. Optimus Primal
  7. Cybertron Optimus Prime
  8. Big Convoy
  9. Lio Prime (Lio Convoy never got a real release here, but they've homaged it under this name)
  10. Fortress Maximus

Names localized where possible.

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Nov 19, 2013

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Also Metalhawk, though he was Botcon rather than wide release.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Something about his shoulders makes me feel he's more Ginrai than Optimus, though he doesn't appear to have fake chest windows.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Captain Magic posted:

That's dumb.

I mean I guess I get why that happened, but that's dumb.

That's pretty much the alt mode size Takara's going to be shooting for, so I'm not sure how much smaller its outing will be.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

RaspberryCommie posted:

What if I want a Magnus figure that reveals a little Minimus Ambus when the armor comes off?

The third party Minimus Ambus fits comfortably inside of this one.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Yeah he's read some issues and is waiting for a TPB, all I am saying is that no one is actually swearing off the series forever because of the torment of not enough toys.

Aside from what Keldroc said, MTMTE is up to v5 in TPBs. Trade waiting has you just before Dark Cybertron, not waiting to start.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Veg posted:

I think it looks like absolute poo poo and I am baffled why his face is inside a mane of rust.

It's a beard.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Gaz-L posted:

People played PvP in the other games? I thought Escalation was the big draw anyway.

I never played Escalation, but played the various PvP modes (rarely deathmatch, usually conquest) all the time. It was basically the only game with that sort of PvP I liked at all, so its omission means this is utterly without value.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Potsticker posted:

Is there some joke here I'm missing because I'm pretty sure this is one half of that red/blue GaoGaiGar combiner team. SomethingRyuJin.

No. It isn't. It doesn't really look like HyoRyu at all. It's the Hot Spot analogue from TFC's notProtectobots.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Ka0 posted:

It's a good thing you told me about that level 25 stuff because I'm one lvl away from unlocking more map. Also, heatwave is hilariously satisfying and hard to play as.

I think Sentinel Prime is in the next batch available to you. He's Heatwave, but with black forearms and shins, and shoots three beams instead of just one. It owns.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Captain Invictus posted:

A slightly improved G1 figure, be still my beating heart.

I'd have preferred an IDW-styled Fort Max.

So, Perfect Effect Warden?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poF2OPEGWt8

New Thew, not feeling the neon as much as all y'all.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Anybody not have MP Prowl? You want to reconsider that at this price?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Spiderdrake posted:

You must be full of falsehoods dude, several reputable youtube reviewers received bum copy shitshow braimstorns that they bought off some random ebay seller and they all told us to go Takara to fix the issues!

I can't put more sarcasm into this without setting my computer on fire.

I got mine from Hasbro directly and its right wrist is floppy and the Headmaster came jacked up, but sure the youtube reviewers are all mostly perpetuating a conspiracy to

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
A vote for train robots is a vote for terrorism.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Milne and Joe Mad should switch off penciling duties.

This is the worst thing anybody has said in this thread by a wide margin. I'm counting the time someone wished grievous bodily harm upon a guy who makes videos he doesn't like.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

That was what the hu-mons refer to as a "joke."

Yes clearly. There's some things you just don't joke about though, like rape or having Joe Mad take over a book you want to read. I mean, the universe is listening.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Spiderdrake posted:

The bot mode looks better than the MP, at least from the front. The profile shot is awkward. The car mode is almost identical. I don't know, that seems like a bad spot to put themselves in, with the MP coming next February.

I mean, you say the profile shot is awkward, but

this is what it's up against. That's just way too much backpack. Also the arms look like they rotate too low, though the FT render doesn't show if it managed to avoid that issue itself, in fairness.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

SlothfulCobra posted:

What's the state of the rest of the comics right now anyways? I've kind of lost track of all the series. There's got to still be a book on Cybertron dealing with Starscream, Windblade, and Sentinel Prime, is that and these two books all the series going right now?

That's Transformers: Till All Are One, and yeah it's the same three as before with two new names (I feel like they should have just kept Windblade running for the extra five months so it could be a clean sweep).

It's really blowing my mind that the post-Revolution relaunch version of the no-subtitle Transformers ongoing straight up does not have Transformers in the title. I mean, sure, Optimus Prime is enough in pop culture that nobody is going to be even remotely confused, but this may be the first time the word just isn't on the cover of any entry of this franchise. Lost Light's trade dress actually makes Lost Light way bigger than Transformers too, unlike Till All Are One or any of the pre-Revolution books.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Till All Are One replaced Windblade.

Gotta save the precious Brand Recognition for the bad cartoons and name those Transformers. At least they're not cancelling the good IDW continuity.

What exactly did you think I meant by feeling that they should have kept Windblade going for the five months, a time period which matches the number of released issues of Till All Are One, if not that I was suggesting that letting the Windblade to TAAO new #1 and name happen at the same time the other two ongoings got new #1s and names?

Brand Synergy.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Spiderdrake posted:

What's the retail on these? I've been considering it, although the voice chip going off in the Peaugh review was downright revolting

All 5 are $115 on Amazon which is... iffy.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

You Am I posted:

No one remembers Vehicle Voltron

Dairugger XV is a better show than GoLion but nobody will watch it.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
He was only in one comic, so there's not a lot to remember.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Why did you buy the second and third versions then?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Knormal posted:

Bayformers made them much more comfortable using fake vehicle mode parts on the robot, since there was literally no other way to make their designs work. I don't consider them getting comfortable using fake parts on Masterpiece figures a good thing.

It's all to prepare for Masterpiece Ginrai. Check and mate.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
The insignias can be (and almost certainly are) trademarked. Designs, even when exact clones, aren't really infringing on copyright, and they were never available to register as trademarks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
So, do we finally have a figure here Rhyno isn't going to wait for the OSKO of?

https://twitter.com/DPT_2002/status/898959957223022593