Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
I work for a very large printer corporation contracted at the largest hospital complex in the state to fix their machines. Not serious IT, but I get to tear apart giant machines and put them back together and it's pretty cool.

A ticket came in.

"HIGHEST PRIORITY: AFFECTING PATIENT CARE. My machine is unable to print."

It was offsite, about a half hour drive. I got there and the machine was repeatedly crashing every time she tried to print her Groupon to a Skillet concert. I told her the machine was rejecting her taste in music, deleted the job, made sure it printed everything else fine, and left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

odiv posted:

So hold on...

Your job is supporting printers in a hospital?

Jesus.

Yep. Just got back from fixing an issue where a little label printer had hijacked the IP of a workcentre 5665. It's like a kitten kicking a lion out of its house.

GreenNight posted:

Affecting patient care? I'd be so loving pissed that I'd be reporting her rear end to a supervisor.

I told all of my coworkers and they had the same reaction. I couldn't stop laughing long enough to think about that.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam
I work in a large hospital supporting printers. A ticket came in from the hospital IT department. The large MFP in their office was leaving the middle of each page blank on copies. I walked down there and they have a fat stack of paper on the left side of the printer, the corner of which is covering the scan glass. Moved the paper, problem solved, but I'd expect the IT department to be a little better than that.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam
Two tickets came in.

one machine, according to the ticket, "is completely non-functional. Will not power off or on". Thinking what could possibly lead to a case of Schroedinger's Printer, I took a low-voltage power supply with me. Got there, reached behind the machine, flicked the power switch, it boots up and prints everything. The end user wasn't in her office at the time but caught me later and asked how I fixed it. I told her and she looked completely bewildered.

The second one claimed that the printer was running but no paper was coming out. The back door was open and all the paper was piling up next to the fuser. I didn't even have to say anything, the nurses started berating themselves for not noticing a door half the width of the printer hanging out into space.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

mllaneza posted:

In the San Francisco area, absolutely go with Xerox. I still bring in a bunch of salespeople armed with sample files I had sent them, but Xerox wins on price, quality and features. They even don't push back too hard when you start demanding a replacement unit.

I'm the tech guy that was snoring on the phone. Demanding a replacement gets a certain amount of pushback, but only because there are so many incompetent end users. I had a ticket last week that simply said "scan to email" and the end user was demanding a replacement device because her machine "never worked". She wasn't putting an @ symbol in the address she was trying to email.

I did some digging on that machine, the only ticket that was the machines' fault was at one point the fuser had died. I had replaced it within an hour of getting the ticket.

Sometimes the users are worse than the printers.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Super Slash posted:

Good lord this, every time I have a legitimate problem I have to piss about with telephone support when I need a guy to come out and replace a part. Recently we needed the main roller replacing because A3 paper would constantly get creased up, I think it took at least three weeks to get it sorted. Phone support shenanigans involved; set to recycled paper, use a different tray, use different quality paper, restart the machine, send out and install these mini tray rollers yourself without instructions, install a new fuser.

Now recently the beast sounds like it's in dire need of grease/lubricant as it makes a horrific high pitched continuous squeak when printing... :geno:

I totally understand that. I'm a first line grunt supporting a single account and stationed at the biggest building, so I usually have a response time of within an hour. Sometimes I have to call in the traveling techs for hardcore problems. Some of them call the end user and tell them what to do, then close the ticket without even showing up and I have to resubmit everything. Thankfully we recently switched to an awesome helpdesk that takes care of that for me and will tell the techs that it came from me and I have a semblance of knowledge about these things and they can emphasize that it's a legimate problem.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

tehloki posted:

I've seriously taught my users the same things over and over again and there is a large group that just never seems to learn anything. I don't think I'm a horrible teacher, considering most people I teach a printer thing to learn it within 30 seconds

There are also issues that crop up with some of our printers that aren't in your list of lovely devices that have nothing to do with patterns of use or misuse or improper maintenance. Certain parts in our xerox machines just seem to wear out or get misaligned every 3 weeks and cause the machine to jam on every 3rd page until I can summon a tech

In the past two months I have had to suit up to go into a surgical suite to adjust the paper guide on a Phaser no less than five times. If the guide isn't touching the paper in the tray it will report a jam, even if a jam isn't presnet. Every time I'm there I pull the tray out and show them why it's reporting a jam, move the guide an inch, put the tray back in, problem solved. Every time they load paper they complain it jams and I have to go put on scrubs and show them again.

Yes, printers are finicky. It'd be great if users were capable of learning.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam
The helpdesk that I'm supported by is based out of country. I got this yesterday:

Hello Oyster,

I need your assistance with this asset number x00bptv0 to update the records. The machine is currently out of scope which I need your assistance to have this machine added. The below information is provided to help you locate the machine.

Thank You.

Serial Number
· Address
· Floor
· Room
· Contact Name
· Contact Email
· Phone Number
· IP
· MAC Address

And the machine in question wasn't X00BPTV0, it was X00BPTVO, which is completely in-scope. A very common mistake and I'd really love to strangle whoever thought including 0's and O's on the same tags would be a good idea.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Sirotan posted:

Did some googling, found:

I don't have any Xerox machines at my physical location to test this on though.

This is for any 74 model. Every model has a different service code.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam
A ticket came in. "Printer is burning, send someone ASAP."

The fuser heating rod had gotten stuck and kept the fuser in a perpetual heating state. It got so bad that it melted part of the main control board, along with the finisher entrance.

It's my new favorite printer.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

I'm hoping someone had at least unplugged it before you got there?

It had been, yes. Took me about a half hour to get there with a new fuser, but the smell of melting electronics still permeated the place. Took three days to get and install all the parts that had been damaged.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam
A ticket came in!

"Hi! We moved a device to 6104 as our office is moving in two weeks, but the paint fumes in that room are unbearable. We noticed that the device's document feeder isn't functioning properly and the convenience stapler isn't working. We're leaving it plugged into its new data ports, but can we get this serviced as soon as possible?"

No.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Trastion posted:

More like printer techs are lazy no good assholes. I like the company we use but sometimes we get a tech that shouldn't be allowed to clean the toilets.

Yep, this is me. Instead of going into a freshly painted and not well enough ventilated room to fix a document feeder that isn't even in use right now, I queued up behind the rest of the hospital staff to get a free Christmas prime rib lunch. Totally worth it.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Super Slash posted:

I got in a Xerox engineer to replace some parts last week, we were totally on the same level as I explained exactly what needed to be done but how I had to sit through rounds of calls for the tech support phoneline who sent me wrong parts to replace. We were both humored and horrified that the previous service log stated;

"Blah blah 2nd BTR Assembly blah blah damaged belt blah blah Temporary Fix"
Gee thanks for nothing rear end in a top hat.

This is absolutely a problem. I'm contracted to a specific hospital network and every time I hear complaints about the tech support phoneline (which is often) I show them my hospital badge and tell them to just tell the helpdesk to page me. It's usually a 3 minute fix, there's no reason why nurses who deal in patient care need to sit on the phone for 20 minutes as the helpdesk misunderstands the problem.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Sirotan posted:

Holland is a great place to live and work because it's right near Grand Rapids, my hometown and an awesome city full of delicious beer.

Winter is fun and snow rules, quit complaining and send me all your snow, we don't get enough here for my liking. :colbert:

I live just west of Grand Rapids and work downtown. Grand Rapids is pretty awesome, but going west gets reaaaallll bad in the winter. I do not envy my coworker whose territory includes Holland, days like today would require much more car to get around than I have. And she drives around and fixes printers.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam
A ticket came in.

From Microsoft. They want to clean up my computer. I'm nowhere near my computer, so I asked them to call back tomorrow afternoon. I'd like to spin up a VM and horribly infect it, but from what I understand cryptowall doesn't work in VM's, even if I could find it....

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Danith posted:

I posted in the 'working in IT' thread that my friends mom fell for this. I checked out her laptop and basically all they did was take $150, no rootkits or spyware found. I did wipe and reimage the machine though.

edit: unless you are talking about loading up the VM with virii and such and letting them in. I think you should set up a VM at 640x480 and install every toolbar you can find

Yes, my intention was to mess with them. I've heard that they look for VM's now, but I have an extra laptop I just slotted a hard drive into that I fully intend on infecting as much as I can. Strange how difficult cryptowall is to find when you're actually looking for it.

This is a thing of beauty and I wish I was that good. I just walk around hospitals and fix printers.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam
An e-mail came in from my team lead. He was looking for a machine and e-mailed everybody asking if they knew where it was, and when he found it he replied from the wrong e-mail. What we got instead was this, typography preserved:

quote:

To Whom it may concern,

The other day a worker from you establishment came here to fix our printer.
He was here for quite a while.
Upon arrival the office immediately began to smell a foul odor of B.O. (body odor).
It was very offensive and made it very hard to concentrate throughout the day.
The smell was so strong some of the guests that were walking by the hallway connected to where his position was mentioned the horrible smell.

Besides the odor being so strong and causing it to be hard for me and others to concentrate on our work, there was one more concerning incidence.
He was using my recycle bin to throw papers in. This is a regular desk recycle bin that needs to be grabbed and papers manually taken out to put in the main locked recycle bin. As I was sitting there he took his toner and shook it out all over the inside of my recycle bin. I did say something to him to the regard of me having to manually grab those papers out to throw, and toner now can get all over my clothes. He did not seem to care, nor did he apologize.
I'm jut glad I was there to see that so I did not get toner all over my white jacket. There was a trash can with a bag liner inside sitting next to the lineless recycle container. That would have been the appropriate place to dispose of the toner. I am not sure why that wasn't used.

That aside the odor is what was very disturbing. I would hope that in the future that gentleman can begin to wear deodorant properly, which will enable everyone to do their job without disruptive and offensive smells that can cause headaches and make it hard to breathe.

Thank you for your time,

Anonymous

My team lead sent that to everyone except the person it was about. To be fair he does have an odor and noise issue - he's been banned from the hospital that I'm stationed at for that very reason. Unfortunately, he's the only person in a position that allows part ordering and serious issue fixing. I've been trying to get into that position for a year now, maybe now's my chance.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

spankmeister posted:

If your only plus over this guy is "does not smell" you might have a hard time

I have a bit more than that. He doesn't have a computer background at all and it shows. For example, we've had issues with a particular model printing pdf's that come from specific websites. It would begin processing the job, crash, reboot, begin processing again, and crash again. He was convinced that a virus had gotten into the hard drive of the machine in each occurrence even though it most commonly occurred when printing the employee discount page from Verizon. I finally connected the dots, upgraded the firmware, problem solved, much easier than calling each HD dead. There are far more examples.

Lightning Jim posted:

In TYOL 2013 someone still using LPT printers and fax modems cards, and of course either sales didn't ask and customer didnt' tell, or sales didn't care.

Fax cards are still huge. I work at a major hospital and every machine requires a fax card. LPT, not so much.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

FireSight posted:

Oh god, I just got a fairly serious job offer. After being an unemployed student for two years, I can finally go back to full time wo---

A printer repair tech for a hospital? :negative:

Well. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. And that's to smile, take the job, and mentally scream "gently caress printers".

This is exactly what I do.

Sirotan posted:

Really? My company has about 200 employees and ~60 printers among our 16 clinics. There have been times I've felt like a full time printer technician with just that many. With our new EHR system going live in two weeks each site is getting at least 3 more printers. (Please kill me.)

Now imagine the university hospital in town here. It's huge, probably employs 50,000 people. I can only assume they have a thousand or more printers to deal with just in the main hospital, so having one (or more) full time staff to deal with them seems completely reasonable.

Yep. I'm at that big medical campus across the state from you, and I'm responsible for 583 printers in the main campus. The corporate crap is honestly worse than the printers themselves.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

When my daughter was born in April the nurses at the hospital somehow got wind of me being "in IT" and I was bombarded with printer horror stories. They even tried to get me to leave the wife and baby in the room to come look at a printer, and this is at a very well-off and successful hospital.

Nurses destroy printers on the daily, from what I hear. And if other establishments are like this one they don't buy enterprise class hardware or MFPs, they buy consumer HP dogshit and throw it wherever it fits.

The hospital I'm at has at least a thousand HP's that I thankfully am not responsible for, I only deal with the MFP's.

anthonypants posted:

Especially with the medical industry closing in on becoming Completely Paperless!!!

They are just now transitioning away from paper chart copies. The main printer responsible for chart copies just broke 3,000,000 impressions. It's kinda crazy.

Sickening posted:

I can't really fathom how this could be a full time job for a single hospital.

I average about 40 tickets a day. Parts wear out, automatic ordering doesn't work, people don't know how to clean scan glass, whatever. I usually get 2 actual fun tickets a day that require tearing the machine apart. Granted, that's for nearly 600 machines at a hospital complex of 11 buildings.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Sham I Am posted:

we were in a similar situation, with completely lovely service and around 18 months left on our contract with Ricoh. We decided to shop around and found a local company that deals with Sharp; they have a plan, or at least did, where Sharp would buy out your old contract if you signed a new one with them.

E: not sure how many MFD's you have, but we replaced 11.

Ricoh took over one of our print shops that's near the hospital. I'm curious to see how that will play out for them.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam
Last week I set a printer on fire.

I was replacing a $1 part in it, and in doing so managed to get the two cables lodged in a screw hole, stripped the insulation around them, and connected them. When I turned the machine on the motherboard shot sparks at me and had that ever so pleasant acrid blue smoke. Fried the motherboard, hard drive, and user interface, all over a $1 pick solenoid.

Then yesterday, in our big team meeting with the big boss I get to see every 3 months or so, I was told that the tech in the position I've had my sights on for the past year will no longer be on this account and I'm to replace him.

Just goes to show, wreck things and get promoted.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam
One of the departments here has 3 printers. All of them are not networked. Two are desktop models. One picks up the fax line first, and if that one is busy the one next to it picks it up. The big floor model they have is used exclusively for copies.

It has a fax card. The two desktop models are completely superfluous but they won't change anything. The two are "fax machines" and the floor model is a "copier". All three can perform both functions.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam
I support printers in a major hospital.

Someone in hospital IT decided to roll out a driver update on a massive scale, from postscript 3.2 to postscript 3.6. Of the 568 machines I'm responsible for, 333 are of the same model.

Guess which model that driver breaks?

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

...and one of them thinks it's a router.

Yes, one of the Xerox machines is acting as a router, breaking all the things on that segment of our network.

Out of curiosity, what's the model of the one that thinks it's a router?

I've seen a little desktop 3635 bring down a state-wide hospital network because the hostname was replaced with ".." and it wanted so hard to route all that traffic.

I'm kind of amazed I'm still employed

Oyster fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Oct 23, 2015

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Ooooh, the 59's are new and use the same engineering as many of the color machines. They're also the first ones to recycle waste toner, which is awesome. The only real drawback they have is much of the interlocking parts for the doors are made with cheap plastic.

Check the host configuration first, definitely, all else fails do a network re-initialization, I've never seen that not work for an issue like that.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam
"Tile crashed on the Xerox. There is water all over it. It won't turn on since, need it back up and running ASAP. This is affecting patient care."

Yo that poo poo is fried and you're probably buying out the lease thanks!

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

AlphaKretin posted:

I know it's a meaningless buzzphrase, but goddamn, if a photocopier is affecting patient care, and/or you're careless enough around things that affect patient care to spill water on it, I don't want to be your loving patient. :stare:

The account I support has 1,334 machines. I am solely responsible for 534 of them. There are others they can use, 4 of them in the same department.

However, getting the machines on Cerner tables is no easy task, and if that's the only machine in the department on a Cerner table I can kinda see where they're coming from. Still, a pipe bursting above the machine and dousing it isn't going to be fixed any quicker (or probably at all) by putting that phrase in.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

DroneRiff posted:

Word up Cerner supporting buddy. The more I work with Cerner, the more... "fun" I have. We have Cernerworks support for server/OS stuff. They recently crashed our PROD domain in firey flames when their DBA hosed up adding extra disk space to the cluster. Yay!

I'm thankfully strictly printer hardware/firmware, don't touch Cerner or print queues or anything of the like, but our Cerner was recently outsourced to Kansas. I'm in Michigan. Getting anything done with that is a nightmare. And of course, if Cerner crashes anywhere causing nothing to print I'm the first called.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

TWBalls posted:

Sounds like Cerner is hosting it (Kansas City, MO). Our company was hosting it for all of the hospitals that we support, but a few of the hubs were pretty crash-happy. After numerous complaints about lovely performance (and constant downtime), Cerner took over hosting. It's been MUCH smoother, but it's kind of a pain in the rear end whenever the nurses need Cerner support. Is 724 a heap of poo poo for you as well?

I wasn't even aware it was MO, that's how much I know about Cerner. Don't know what 724 is. I get a lot of "OUR MACHINE ISN'T PRINTING" when it's not even on the Cerner tables and I just push it to internal IT.

My favorite is when the thin clients don't have enough space to even install the printer.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

TWBalls posted:

724 is their terrible downtime client. If you don't babysit it, the downtime systems will have out of date information. The previous software was PCLA (Powerchart Local Access?). When they did the switchover, our Clinical informaticist at the time decided that suddenly, every department needed a shitload of systems with 724 installed. We ended up with 46 systems and she expected us to go around daily to make sure they were all up to date. We're only a 127-ish bed hospital. We have 400 bed hospitals with less than half the amount of downtime clients. Thankfully, she's now gone and her replacement agrees that 46 downtime systems is way overkill.

Ahhhh. every floor has a few of those with nice red backgrounds on the desktop. Thankfully all of them only print to HP printers that I'm blessedly not responsible for.

I posted my worst abuse of "patient care" about 2 months after I started this job a few years ago, but I had a priority 1 "affecting patient care" ticket because a machine kept rebooting instead of printing. Learned later that it's a common problem with that particular model, firmware upgrade fixes it.

Got there and found out it wouldn't print her Groupon tickets to a Nickelback concert.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

The Macaroni posted:

Wowzers. At the hospital I work at, this would pretty much lead to the execution of the person shouting "patient care!" We have a completely separate process for urgent issues that affect clinical operations, and if someone abused that there'd be hell to pay. Not to say that people don't try it occasionally. but the executives support the policy so we get to shut down the types of folks who send an email copying the whole leadership roster.

Our biggest problem here is people not reading their email. "What do you mean XYZ application is unavailable this weekend at 2:30AM, my night shift needs it then! We didn't receive any notice! Oh, those 4 system announcements and two personal emails warning us? Didn't read any of 'em. You say somebody from IT personally visited our weekly staff meeting to present this issue? I, uh, yeah."

That does lead to execution here normally, but I'm a 3rd party vendor repair guy that falls under document/mail services, not part of IT itself, so apparently that poo poo can still fly.

Now that I know people in the IT department I'd definitely escalate something as stupid as that.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Khisanth Magus posted:

No, I suffer from delayed sleep phase syndrome. It is a circadian rhythm disorder that means that my natural sleep cycle is signicantly later than normal, in my case being 3am to noon. No matter how tired I get from limited sleep my brain will not go to sleep before then. For people with DSPS just giving them sleeping meds to make them fall asleep sooner(the way some doctors try to "treat" it) doesn't result in any additional meaningful sleep, as your sleep cycle will wait until it's natural time anyways.

There is no real way to treat it. Despite officially being recognized a lot of doctors still refuse to take it seriously, which is the main reason I haven't gone through getting it officially diagnosed.

I've been formally diagnosed with this by a sleep doc. He had me using blue light therapy every morning. It did have the intended effect, but you're right, a one night exception screws it all up. Now I just do what you do, 4-5 hours on weekdays, 9-12 hours on weekends. I'm sure it's not the healthiest thing but there aren't many options. Don't work weekend mornings. For your sanity.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Brut posted:

Even if it's true that you there is no combination of currently available medication (this covers way more than just "Sleeping pills") that can help you in any way, you came across as having some weird judgement describing your personal experience with a handful of doctors as "the healthcare industry" and thinking that doing anything more than a few minutes of uncompensated work is normal/standard or even at all acceptable.

There are light therapies, though as mentioned it is very strict and one night of interrupted sleep reverts everything. The problem isn't sleeping, it's reaching stage 4 sleep. Sleeping pills actually delay stage 4 sleep even further, taking more hours to sleep for less actually productive sleep. It's kind of like a permanent second shift circadian rhythm. I do agree he needs to find a doctor knowledgeable on the topic and not generalize the healthcare industry about it though, those doctors do exist. And yes, there is no currently available medication, even outside sleeping pills.

Actually on topic: I got promoted a few months ago but haven't really filled the position because I wasn't replaced until yesterday. My new job is to physically rip apart printers and repair them. My first big project was today. The printer ate the metal baffle that's supposed to pop paper into the bypass feeder. Apparently the springs were way too taut and it stripped a screw right out of the hole, the baffle then proceeded to feed directly into the laser. I never thought that possible.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Unclean posted:

We have the same problem with staff printing recipies from food.com. It's been blocked but Im waiting for them to find another hellhole site that does the same poo poo.

A few of my models have this issue, all of them have been fixed by updating the firmware on the printers.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam
A customer emailed me asking if she had a black toner for her machine as it was throwing the alert to order one. She has 4 boxes but couldn't tell if any of them were black.

Here's a picture of a toner box for that machine.

Eonwe posted:

I haven't actually posted there lately!!! I've mostly been posting in the Overwatch threads and on BYOB. I just realized, hey, I'm in IT now and I'm actually doing good...maybe I should post in this subforum more

It's weird to see you outside the speedrun thread. Cool, though!

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

If you've never seen the word 'cyan' before, that label could mean anything. Especially with a printer.

True. She was looking for black though. Replace cyan with black and it's a bit more clear.

To be fair, she's a unit secretary for Children's ICU, and she is really good at her job. Just not at anything related to printers.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Kurieg posted:

In theory she could have something like two Cs a Y and a M, and still be technically right about not knowing if there's a black cartridge. Unless you're pretty up to date on how printers work they're probably looking for "Color" or Red Yellow and Blue.

She had a black and one of each color.

You're right though, perhaps I've been in the printer business a bit too long and have become disconnected with what's common knowledge and what isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam
Someone in the Peds Critical Care unit put heat transfer paper through a laser printer.

It got stuck in the fuser and started smoking.

• Locked thread