Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The General
Mar 4, 2007

gnome7 posted:

Devastation of Indines backer surveys just went out. General heads up to those who want to get their fighting game simulation board games to themselves.

I am so pumped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

At this point I would probably pick up a Battle of Indines redux if they homogenized the art style. Or, y'know, just not have art that is as embarrassing or moreso than Sentinels of the Multiverse. I also wouldn't mind the improvements, like having the cards that list the various unique cards a player has so I don't have to ask to splay out the cards before every round.

Good news, an updated 2e is coming out with updated art to match the new stuff.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

The General posted:

Good news, an updated 2e is coming out with updated art to match the new stuff.

Edit: Somebody will probably make card for that. You're right, it would have been cool. but so many characters.

Real Edit: Quote isnt edit. And November I believe.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

http://imgur.com/3IAnmRg :nws:

:aaa: Wow. Senshyrha Slave Master is really something else. I cannot imagine somebody showing me that as a centerpiece.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Big bold text, no editing. Definitely a harbinger of the quality to be expected from a KotDT movie/series/whatever, clearly conceived-of, acted by, and made by absolutely nobody with any filmmaking or acting experience whatsoever.

I'll just stick to these.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTFODJ6nKpY

I'd give Andrew Babb money.

Edit: Would have been happier if KenzerCo didn't tell him to stop.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Peas and Rice posted:

Have you ever wanted that color-matched set of D3, D4, D5, D6, D7, D8, D9, D10s, D11, D12, D14, D16, D18, D20, D22, D24, and D30?

:getin:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/674003445/14-dice-sets-compatible-w-dungeon-crawl-classics-d

There must have been an easier way to say "You get this many dice with your pledge"

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I backed up front for a Ridiculous amount of money. I'm sad it will never see the light of day :smith: I just wanted the game :smith:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Does anybody happen to have the Canadian Soldiers PDF for Upfront? All the dropbox links are gone :smith:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

On the plus side, someone on RPGNet made the Photoshopped Ninjas in Cowboy Hats RPG, so at least some good came of this.

I have seen/played worse games.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Zereth posted:

Did they not realize that this means retailers are most likely to not stock it at all?

From the little bit I've read, they believe that retailers will put their game in premium locations, because they have to.

I'd also like to say that games that come in tubes are usually poo poo. Terrible for storing (where do I put it? It doesn't stack with my hoard), and often everything inside gains a memory and doesn't lay flat anymore. which means actually playing is a pain in the rear end. Though their map doesn't look like it will, the rules definitely will, and any play aids will.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Esser-Z posted:

Not everyone HAS a credit card.

Not everybody has a credit card with credit left on it.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Indolent Bastard posted:

And people are clamoring for this? wtf indeed.

It also comes with the PDF for the RPG. Speaking of which, does anybody know if the Mistborn RPG is worth owning? Because I loving love that series.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I already have the Titans of Gaming, it's called Stonehenge I was less than impressed :colbert:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

So did Up Front get resolved or something, because: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/148406

I dont want to PnP.
gently caress.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Synnibarr was on KS? Why don't I remember this?, or where was I when it happened? Whatever, I already have a copy.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Zereth posted:

It's for third edition. Which is using a completely new system, which, from the backer preview I have around here somewhere, is loving incomprehensible.

I doubt clarity has improved much.

I have never finished making a character for the edition that I have. Half way through I stand up and say "This is loving retarded." and abandon the project. But I do enjoy reading through the bestiary.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

"The really clever bits of Lords of the Eastern Reach were inspired by the classic Groo: the Card Game by Ken Whitman & Sergio Aragonés. "

Has anyone played their inspiration?

Actually I have. Though not in something like 15 years. IIRC, roll some dice, play some cards and hope you don't get hosed.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

quote:

We were traveling home from out last road trip of the summer. We had spent the weekend hanging out, playing games, drinking wine and just having FUN!
So we decided to rip off the terrible game we played.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

It's always bothered me a little that Bill Coffin felt obliged to apologize after his fairly scathing breakdown of why Kevin Sembieda is both a lovely person to work for and kind of a lovely person in general, because if anyone in that particular relationship should feel that that've behaved unprofessionally and need to apologize it's Sembieda.

It's unprofessional to call somebody out that publicly and hardcore. "I will never work for Kevin and Palladium games ever again, it's a shitshow." is all that really needed to be said, but he really ripped into everything.
With that said

quote:

Roughly ten dollars ($10.00) per "printed" typeset page of text (that's roughly 2 to 2 1/2 single spaced computer pages at 10-11 point size; see, we're even too cheap and lazy to figure out a per word rate). A small bonusmay be paid to truly outstanding works if our budget allows it, and at Palladium Books Inc.'s sole discretion.
This (and the whole page) make me wonder why anybody would ever write for them.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

LordAba posted:

My friends got it as well. "It is quick and fun". Thank god for the first part of that, as I will probably be forced to play it.

It is quick. I dunno if I'd say it's fun. It's telling when my 14 year old niece said "I'm not going to play this, this looks dumb and I have better things to do." knitting

Though everybody enjoyed Spyfall. I would like them to put out a sci-fi and fantasy set.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

LordAba posted:

BattleCON is a lot of stuff. I went with the sandwich baggy option which is working out well for me.

Worked well for me too.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Yeah. It took a long while, but I finally found a use for it.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

InShaneee posted:

I like several Sirlin games, but I hate Sirlin's release philosophy. Puzzle Strike: Shadows came out less than 2 years after 2nd edition, but was billed as only being compatible with the newly released ($50) third edition. I think only a dozen or so chips even changed?

This is reasonable for how fighting games operate. It's thematic.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

The box insert looks super terrible. His comment about grabbing an actual card box is both a good one, and a shameful one. Though I'm not going to poo poo on him too much for insert design. Looking at my large collection of games, the vast majority have terrible inserts.

The wads of cash are going to be great though. I hope the game will be decent too.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

moths posted:

Since then, his fanboys have chimed in defending his poor decision to write entirely in poo poo-head speak. And most of them are also doing it with affected "accents!"

What a goddamn pile of fuckers. Nerds like that are why I don't tell people I play games.

While I'm not sure anybody needs to defend Crane and his wizard speak, I'm almost tempted to back it based on this alone.

quote:

You talk funny. I don't trust you to finish this project.
You are a fool. We have never failed to deliver as promised on any endeavor to which we have tasked ourselves. Please take your lucre and be gone.

That makes me chuckle everytime I read it.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

moths posted:

Oh, it must be time for me to remember that I backed Up Front! again.

gently caress that guy.

I backed Up Front! for too much money because I really really wanted it :smith:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Agrias120 posted:

You'd be stupid NOT to back at the $10,000 level!!!

Only KS I've seen include transportation and lodging. So yeah, if you're going to back any KS at 10k, might as well be this one.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Cards Against Once Upon a Time. No thanks. Don't need memes and CaH humour (I believe I saw at least one CaH card on that KS) to make a decent story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

The boardgame Shogun uses a tower for resolution. Cubes get stuck in there, when you battle. Take the armies battling, toss them in the tower and pray lots of yours pop out.

I could see it being used for an RPG rule set too. Hmm.

• Locked thread