Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Swagger Dagger posted:

I wonder how many drawings of women being mutilated they're adding into this new edition.

I imagine that depends on how many stretch goals he reaches.

Second wave of Shadowfist arrived the other day, as an international backer I was about the last to get it. IK Games put in an Action Pack instead of my token pack, words shall be had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Final 10 hours for Wrath of Kings

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/wrath-of-kings

Currently you get 210 minis for $200. Lots of cool miniatures done in a fast and reactive game.

That Kickstarter saddens me. Game, tons of minis, few titties: $700k, maybe. No game, few minis, more titties than you can shake a righteously outraged stick are: $2 million.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

GrandpaPants posted:

Cthulhu Wars released a digital art book. It's some really nice art if you aren't already sick of the Lovecraft aesthetic (tentacles loving everywhere).

They also have shots of the green for the HPL First Player marker.

A certain Kickstarter company offers gratuitous tittie miniatures to increase sales. Cthulhu Wars included a gratuitous tittie miniature, then added a tittie-free alternative at the request of backers who thought a GTM was not fitting. Guess which company advertises itself as selling product for mature gamers?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Bucnasti posted:

I don't understand kickstarters for licensed properties. Will companies license their IP to just any random fool who walks in the door? Don't they require potential licensors to show that they're actually capable of producing a product on their own before they'll make a deal?

They may have to show that their product will be good, but actually being able to produce it is a secondary consideration. If the Kickstarter fails and the licensees can't produce the game, the rights will revert and the IP holders will essentially have been given free money.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

A reminder that Mantic's Mars Attacks! Kickstarter goes live at 1.30pm UK time today. That's in slightly under three hours.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Mars Attacks is up, already over $30k, get in quick if you want an early bird.

E: funded, first waves of EBs all gone.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Oct 4, 2013

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

berzerkmonkey posted:

They opened a second earlybird tier.

I don't know about this game - I love the whole Mars Attacks thing, but so far, the game doesn't look particularly exciting. Do they have any shots anywhere of concept art for add ons?

The way I see it, if it doesn't look good by the end I can always cancel my pledge.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

moths posted:

I think so, since there is no incentive to up your pledge until you reach the ceiling of your bundled add-on credit.

Add-on credit can only be spent on Core upgrades. That suggests not all upgrades are Core.

Next stretch is a free character added to the base set.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

moths posted:

Oh man there is going to be some serious teeth-gnashing and hand-winging when the first non-core addon happens.

If it's a Judge Dredd mini then I'm buying three. :colbert:

Jetpacks forthcoming, I see.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

TouchyMcFeely posted:

Any chance for a game play video?

It's an RPG, isn't it?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

It's been semi-confirmed that Judge Dredd figures are an upcoming stretch goal in Mantic's Mars Attacks kickstarter. :woop: The most recent update has a silhouette of the Martian in a Judge's uniform on the cover of MAJD #2.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

moths posted:

IDW has the US comics rights for both Dredd and Mars Attacks. It seems unlikely, but we could get a Never Say Never Again situation out of this.

It'd be a one-shot licence, possibly a Kickstarter exclusive, and Mantic don't have the rights to make a straight up Dredd minis game.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Auralsaurus Flex posted:

Mongoose has the rights for producing Judge Dredd miniatures. In fact they held a kickstarter for a supplement and some new minis last year.

I'm not sure about Mantic's crossover mini, whether they actually have the rights or not, or if they even need them since they already have Mars Attacks. I know some kickstarters for minis do the whole copyright infringement parody sculpts thing all the time, but have Mantic ever done this before?

Not as such. I don't think they'd be doing it if they didn't have the rights, though.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Bucnasti posted:

Yeah, in a previous update they showed the guys in the factory packing those boxes with a single game.
I love Ogre, and I'm super happy it's coming but I have no idea where I'm going to put this thing.

Some people say Go is less a game than it is a way of life. Ogre is less a game than it is somewhere to live.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

The Mars Attacks KS has a special level just for New York Comic Con: $300 for the game plus $325 in addon credit. It's a fair investment, but it's 25% discount on Kickstarter prices and you can buy extra copies of the base game with it. Pick up four extra base games and sell them for the KS price of $75, and you basically get your own base game plus $25 in addons for free.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Phoon posted:

There's a $300 level on Mars Attacks this weekend only.

Smart move I think, they've got a huge boost mid campaign.

As I said before, it's a level that gives more addon credit than it costs. If you select that level, you're getting the base game for less than nothing. Pick up more copies of the game as addons and sell them to friends at cost, and you can get your own copy plus Core Expansion 1 for free.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

cyberia posted:

In sort-of related elf news, the team behind the Toughest Girls in the Galaxy kickstarter mentioned in their most recent update that their next kickstarter campaign will be for a line of 'fantasy dark elves' which could possibly be expanded into 'sci fi dark elves' depending on consumer demand.

They also posted some concept art for their elf models - scroll down to the bottom of this post to see.

edit - that link might be mildly :nws: depending on your boss's attitude to drawings of sexy elves

Given that the Succubus Queen is stark naked and full frontal, I think it's mildly NWS by anybody's standards.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

The General posted:

http://imgur.com/3IAnmRg :nws:

:aaa: Wow. Senshyrha Slave Master is really something else. I cannot imagine somebody showing me that as a centerpiece.

At least the virtually naked woman is the slave master and the fully dressed men are the slaves on their knees. This puts it a step up from Kingdom Death: Molester.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Direwolf posted:

This looks super cool except $90? For a board game?

$100 for a game with 33+ sculpted minis isn't unusual. Cthulhu Wars was $150 RRP.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

LumberingTroll posted:

I backed at the all resin level, looking forward to painting and playing this game. I dont think I can say it enough but I love me some co-op.

Looking at it again, I really think they've done themselves no favours with their pledge levels. The boxed game costs $100 and gives Upgrades, but all the levels over $180 require you to pay $80-100 more to get Upgrades.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Cocks Cable posted:

There's some controversy brewing in the new Shadows of Brimstone kickstarter. There's a mine cart level that gets you everything plain and simple, including all the little extra $ add-ons (past and future). But they limited each mine cart level to a mere 50 backers which a $25 bump in pricing on each subsequent round. So now there is a $150 different between round 1 mine cart and whatever the next available one is.

Has this tactic been used before or is this a new thing? Seems to have worked fairly well to their favor as they are now $170k funded after about 2 days.

It's been used before, but I don't recall the bumps being so big or the levels so small. Normally it's $5 or $10 bumps and 100 backers per level.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

HidaO-Win posted:

Female predators are mentioned in the original AvP novelisation by Steve Perry. The main predator describes them as larger and far more powerful than the males but they mainly stay on the homeworld running their empire. Males compete for mating opportunities through successful hunts.

Thus this image of a Predator PUA:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

moths posted:

The giant robots are going to be giant. I am in love.

You should probably tell people that's Mars Attacks, and that the KS ends in about 90 minutes.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

If you keep that early bird but make your pledged total $100, you get an extra $10 to spend on an addon plus by being at $100+ total pledged you qualify for a free Supreme Regent mini! Adding extra cash in the backer survey doesn't ccount for those rewards. If you had to add any shipping, that counts too.

It's a bit late now. 2753 backers, it just scraped over the line for the Sneaky Martian.

I had to drop my pledge to the Dreadball team and the signed TPBs. My money was better spent elsewhere, I think.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Cthulhu Wars update: they've got back all of the sculpts now.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

I just found out this is coming to KickStarter in December

http://www.heroquestclassic.com/

I really don't know what to think. It was my first proper board game, but if the re-release is just the same game, why would I want it when I still have the original right next to me this very second?

Zero setup and takedown time, faster gameplay, and you can enjoy yourself even when you haven't found someone to play with you. I used to have HeroQuest for my C64, and Space Crusade, and enjoyed both immensely.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

jammu posted:

Bad case of Haters gonna hate?

Have you actually looked at Kingdom Death? One of the minis is literally a decapitated naked woman being used as a bookstand.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

moths posted:

Dreadball seems to be doing well where it's caught on, but hasn't caught on well. If he'd run a few demo games or organize a league he'd probably find that way more profitable - but that's pretty effort intensive.

Who is "he"? Because Dreadball has caught on pretty well in most parts of the UK.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Queen Games are doing a Kickstarter for a Big Box edition of Fresco. Pledge options include the chance to pick up Amerigo, Via Appia or the Big Box Alhambra along with Fresco for a cut price rate.

It's a worker placement game where you have to restore a cathedral ceiling with the aid of your apprentices. The earlier you get them up in the morning the unhappier they become and the more expensive it is to buy paint, but of course you get first chance to act. I had a chance to play it with a friend yesterday and enjoyed it a lot. I managed to get the last $60 Early Bird, but there's a $65 Mid-Morning Bird level still open.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Define "all other countries". Shipping is free to Germany, Holland and the US, and $15 to the rest of Europe.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

Some of us live in Australia. Can't imagine anyone from here will back it with those shipping charges, even the expensive game stores will stock it for less than $125 USD

My many kilogram Deadzone box only cost an additional $15 or somesuch on tp of a base pledge to ship here from the UK, there's no excuse for $60 for one board game.

Parcel up to 5kg to Australia through DHL Germany costs 43 Euro, which is $60.13. Mantic are presumably absorbing a loss to get it out to you.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

outlier posted:

Round here, half of those who have played it think that Fresco is a fine and interesting game. The other half think it's just another euro, if a decent one. I have to confess to being surprised about it getting a Kickstarter slot: can't see there's going to be that much demand for it.

Fresco Big Box is pushing 1200 backers and $100k with 70 hours to go. One in five of those backers have gone for the package with the Alhambra Big Box.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

The big problem with Fresco is the ridiculous shipping charges, no game is worth another $60 just to post it

No, but it's not a problem with Queen Games charging ridiculous shipping fees. I checked the cost for a box that size from Germany to you in Australia and they're not making a profit. "Ridiculous" is a charge you level at those guys who were making the Eclipse counter racks and charging $30 to ship 120g of flat plastic from America to the UK.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

moths posted:

Double post but substance!

The latest Toughest Girls of the Galaxy update included this image:

What is Ragin' Shiboez?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

jivjov posted:

I replied with "I'd rather actually receive the thing I pledged for" and left it at that. We'll see how hard they want to pursue it.

How many did you order? I was in for 280 coins - I wanted 10 of each, plus extras of values that might theoretically see use - and they all showed up this morning.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Lethemonster posted:

Backing this so hard. I don't play games, I just love painting models and I'll be damned if it doesn't have some wonderful female miniatures that aren't suffering from some terrible tit-itus. Nary a giant nipple to be seen.

On top of that having miniatures of the weird hybrid egyptian gods will be excellent. I hope this stuff turns out as good as it looks.

It looks nice, but it's over $200 for an untried game from an untried company. The guy also set his revised goal at $2k when he needed $9k - not to say he's dishonest, but it doesn't raise my confidence in his planning.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

FRINGE posted:

A friend just sent me a link to this one: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cosmicwombatgames/stones-of-fate-easy-to-learn-card-game-30-min-play/

Looks entertaining. So far I have skipped all the card games but I might give this one a shot.

"It's based on the Tarot so we had to add gratuitous nudity" - what the hell? Also I already own Guilds of Cadwallon so feel no need to buy it again.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Dreadball Xtreme Kickstarter is now live, and already funded. (In fact, it was me who pushed it over 100%.) Still some Early Birds available if you're quick - they'll be gone inside 15 minutes though.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Flavivirus posted:

That reason is ridiculously bullshit; I've got 3 different tarot decks at home and none of them have nudity in.

Actually tarot decks do often have nudity in. If it had been after the Ryder-Waite Tarot, for example, it would have nudity on The Lovers, The Devil and The World. But it's not on cards where nudity traditionally features. It's on cards including the Eight of Swords that doesn't even have a person on it in any real tarot deck, and the worst example of T&A is on loving Temperance - literally the card of moderate behaviour. That's why the justification is bullshit, and why I'm pissed off by it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I've been in for:

Dreadball - delivered.
Guilds of Cadwallon - delivered.
Evil Baby Orphanage - delivered.
Boss Monster - delivered, and the expansion too.
Shadowfist - both kickstarters, everything delivered on time except they sent me the box with multiple copies of base set cards instead of the tokens I ordered.
Those bloody metal coins - delivered in full, very late.

Cthulhu Wars - delayed from 12/2013, now due in May give or take.
Tiny Epic Kingdoms - only just finished.
Fresco Big Box - due May-June.
Mars Attacks - Dreadball team and GNs only, not due yet.
Fief: France 1429 - only just finished.
Tortuga - only just finished.

• Locked thread