Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I found a wrecked ship called the Silvermoon that teleports me to the surface of the lake every time I try to look inside it. A search online seems to imply that this is what happens when you try to go to an area that will break a quest sequence. I cheated to take a look inside anyway and found an Ancient Jeweled Goblet at 10k value and a dagger that banishes daedra that comes with a warning book that says IN CASE OF DAEDRA USE DAGGER. Anyone idea what mod adds this? I'm thinking Morrowloot 4E probably, though someone else was getting teleported and they had the Moonpath to Elseweyr mod which I also have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Gyshall posted:

There is an Oblivion thread floating around somewhere.

oblivion is so bad and you literally have to have 200+ mods to make it even remotely enjoyable

e: Here you go, goon sir

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3310676

I got 800/1000 achievements for Oblivion on Xbox 360. It was a fun game, and was widely widely loved at the time it came out, but for some reason people look back on it as unplayable poo poo. There's a lot of people that feel that way about Skyrim too. I remember when Skyrim came out, there were people that could not even comprehend how anyone could dislike it.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Skyrim strikes me as the type of game that encourages you to level every skill. It's how you get those sweet, sweet levels! Plus if you're using SPERG, every tree has something awesome for you to use that any character can benefit from. I love SPERG

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
The same thing happens to me and I don't use any of the mods suggested to be the culprit. I eventually had to get a mod that skips the Helgen sequence since my carriage would never arrive there, it would just flop around endlessly. Not a huge deal for me, I get to skip the intro.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Dick Trauma posted:

Might as well teleport Boone from FO:NV to Skyrim.

I didn't realize I wanted this mod until now. I would love to take my New Vegas character to Skyrim.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'm not an expert, but at first glance those mods appear to be in just any ol' random order. Did you use BOSS at all to sort that load order?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Dont you have a pal with you during that sequence? Let him do the fighting. I've messed around with some difficulty mods and you pretty much need stealth and bows early on.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Schrodingers cat posted:

Well after a bit more tweaking ENB and using your suggestions, I'm finally able to start a playthrough and stop modding (for now). I archived my "good Skyrim" copy on another HDD in case of royal mess up :p

Thanks again!

nexus6 posted:

I thought I could do this but I keep needing my 'new mod' fix

One day you will realize, modding was the game.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Woolie Wool posted:

I actually have it but I never got around to actually triggering the Civil War. I thought it was just supposed to restore cut content and have more involved, more difficult, and more interesting battles?

I'm not sure about CWO in particular, but I think every mod claims to have this.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

I believe that picture depicts 3 tusks

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

GunnerJ posted:

Welp, I did a thing: https://modsofskyrim.wordpress.com/

My "solid idea" did not take into account that installing all the various plugins I'd have wanted to use would require hosting the site software independently, which is a bridge too far right now for a goon project I don't know will even get off the ground. But it can handle posting reviews, which should be enough for now.

If you want to get involved, use the contact form, put your SA user name in it, and give me an idea of what you'd want to write about.

While I fully support this project and don't want to say anything negative about it, I do wonder what the difference is between this and something like STEP

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Opinions wildly differ on the voice acting quality of any game/movie/cartoon. Two people can hear a line and one can think its garbage and the other might think its genius.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Agents are GO! posted:

Seriously, the amateur VAs we have these days are better than the professionals of 15-20 years ago. Let it go. (Stares intently at SolidSnakesBandana the whole time.)

Wha? I didn't actually express an opinion on the voice acting. If you were wondering, I think its fine.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Agents are GO! posted:

I was mostly just poking fun. I remember you bitching about most quests mods here and in the FNV threads. (I remember it because I've made a mental note that if I can ever get my quest mod finished, I wanted you to be a beta tester because you'd tear it a new one where necessary.)

Also, I probably shouldn't poke fun as I just spent twenty minutes figuring out how to ditch Enderal's font for the original Skyrim font (screw games with fancy fonts.)

It's true, I've never played a quest mod that I've enjoyed. The one I think you must be talking about is the bounty stuff in FNV. That one basically involved you going to a one room building, getting a "contract" for a dude, fast traveling to where he is and killing him. Each bounty takes about 5 minutes. They would usually be lame pop culture references, like one of the bounties is dressed like Freddy Kreuger, that kind of thing.

However someone recently posted in here about some kind of museum quest that involves you collecting artifacts and I must admit that did sound really awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
So I just do all of that and the game is fun right?

• Locked thread