Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Come to #mma and I will describe it for you guys with exceptionally vivid language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
They should have sent a poet.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
:stare:

Chinzowns.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Not that anyone cares, but Darill "titties" Schoonover is fighting some guy tonight in MFC. I need to rewatch TUF Heavyweights.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

gunblade posted:

A few more shots from the Cyborg fight here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXtZMa4F_gg

Thanks. I like the little front kick and spinning back kick that dropped her even better than the knee.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

coconono posted:

Wasn't it Burk that got the secret service called on him? Or am I thinking of another UFC-WSOF guy?

Jacob Volkmann did.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Is there no award for Horrible Mismatch Ending Predictably?

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Sooo I have a feeling this must be being discussed in one of the other threads, but holy poo poo this is horrifying:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/12/5607694/junior-maranhao-collapses-off-stool-at-rfa-14-allowed-to-continue-in

Gif in the article.

Sometimes it's a little scary being an MMA fan. Stuff like this makes me think I should probably never complain about an early stoppage ever again, no matter how egregious. Basically, BJ Penn's corner throwing in the towel between rounds against GSP needs to be heralded as a great moment in MMA history.

EDIT: And if you haven't seen it, "fell off his stool" doesn't do it justice. Dude just straight up face plants into the canvas and doesn't move.

What kind of pathetic excuse for a ring doc watches that happen and doesn't stop the fight? The first thing I think of seeing that in combat sports is epidural/subdural hematoma or whatever those are called. Dude shoulda been in a hospital for evaluation immediately. That is hosed up.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I completely forgot it was happening, so in case anyone else here is like me: reminder that ONE FC has a card tomorrow. Featuring such luminaries as Roger Huerta, James McSweeney, and Jadamba Narantungalag (who, for the first time in his career, doesn't have the hardest-to-spell name on the card; that honor goes to Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke). There is also an Askren fight, and the main event is Aoki vs. Kamal "Varner Vasectomy" Shalorus. Full card here. Should be fun. $10 iPPV @ onefc.livesport.tv, starts 6PM ET Friday.

Wise Learned Man fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 28, 2014

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Seltzer posted:

Is it really at 6? Where are they holding this.

Dubai. I'm just going by the countdown on onefc.com :shrug:

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Yuriy posted:

I really don't think this is at 6 PM EDT because that'd be 1 AM Dubai time, it'd make more sense for it to be 6 PM Dubai time and thus 11 AM EST.

As always, #mma for info + Ben Askren chitty-chat

The countdown on their website says it starts ~20 hours from now, but it could well be wrong. If anybody finds out for sure, please post the time here.

E: The streaming website says 15:00 GMT which I guess is 11AM EDT? The countdown on the main website doesn't make any sense then but whatevs

E2: according MMAjunkie it starts at 7AM EDT and Sherdog says 10AM?? I can't keep all these time zones in my head at once. Somebody just post here when it starts please.

Wise Learned Man fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Aug 29, 2014

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Thanks Yuriy. Lenne's voice sounds a little rough tonight.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Forgot Bellator was starting up again. Are we getting a new thread for the season? I thought they were ending weekly shows under Coker, or are they just doing away with tournaments? Also, holy crap, the Barn Cat is back after a five-year layoff.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

willie_dee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9T-EhRv6Ko

Can you go unconscious after a few seconds?

Sorta. See Aleks/Bengtsson. It's almost as fake/funny as that one.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

LobsterMobster posted:

Chris "Huggy Bear" Barnett is my new favorite supperweight

http://vimeo.com/106081840

:stare: Amazing. Worth the click for the celebration alone.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Are there seperate prelims for Invicta somewhere? The countdown on their website ends at 8 ET but the fightpass page says the stream starts at 9. They have three fights between people with between 0 and 2 pro fights, so that seems like what they've shown for free in the past. I can't recall if they just showed everything on fightpass last time.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

I couldn't make it through that. Hearing Tito speak makes me too vicariously embarrassed.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

willie_dee posted:

Have you tried going past a McDonalds and not ordering 3 mcmuffins, 2 mcflurries and 2 large chocolate milkshakes, putting them in a big bowl and mashing them up with a wooden spoon?!?! It's fine on cheat day and everyday is cheat day when you are injured.

Has JT found any chocolate oranges on public transportation lately?

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
:( Poor Hellboy. He should probably hang 'em up. I choose to remember him kneeing Imanari and Caol Uno and that one time he beat up Aoki.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

fatherdog posted:

You really don't need to read this article; the title is plenty

Tito Ortiz claims UFC 180 did 80K PPV buys, and he fought Bonnar with one eye

:ortiz:

MMA Junkie posted:

“I was happy with it,” Ortiz continued. “I thought the PR I did prior, I thought (that would help) the number be at least two million.”

I love that even when a journalist adds parenthetical words to try to render Tito more intelligible, it still comes out as mostly gibberish.

:ortiz: posted:

“I fought great enough to get enough to get a win, and that’s all I had to do,” he said.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
CroCop looks super juiced. What did he weigh in at? Also, Dana needs to start a super heavyweight division by signing Huggy Bear and a bunch of toughman-quality fat guys for him to fight.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
:stare: Well, that tops Vitor/Lindland.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

individual865 posted:

Union MMA Pro
Krasnodar, Russia

Main Card - Fight Club (Russia) - 11:00am ET / 8:00am PT
Alexei Kudin vs. Alexei Kudin

Who does jase1 have in this?

Also, is Karolina Kowalkiewicz no longer with Invicta? They have a card at the end of the month, and KK seems good and is also cute and thus marketable, so you'd think they'd have found a fight for her.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

The armpit punch is what set it all up. Just like Herschel Walker v. NUDGE

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Lol Dakota gave up as soon as Couture took his back.

He's used to guys finishing quickly when they slip in the rear naked.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Nice. :getin:

gently caress Thiago Silva.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Anybody know what time KSW 31 is in Eastern Time? And am I gonna have to download ipla player or whatever it is to watch? I need to get my Pudz on.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

individual865 posted:

1:30 pm EST, you can order it in HD and in English for $12 at kswtv.com

Excellent, thanks! :hfive:

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

I take it JT is on gear?

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Thus beginneth the arMMAgeddon: Invicta, Bellator, and four UFC cards in a span of 10 days.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

coconono posted:

after hearing Viacom is run by a lich lord, I wouldn't be surprised they'd be willing to do business with the Russian Mafia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumner_Redstone

Yeah, liches get +3 to negotiation with bogatyrs.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Doctor Nick posted:

@arielhelwani: Thiago Silva is out of WSOF 22 cause NAC wouldn't license him due to past issues, per WSOF. They are actively seeing a new opp for Kyle

Well, at least I don't have to root for a double KO now.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Scott Coker owns.

E: assuming that Fedor to Bellator is true

Wise Learned Man fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Aug 2, 2015

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Palhares is the pound-for-pound most compelling fighter, because something amazing/stupid/impossible happens every time he fights. Stopping mid-fight to whine about greasing, only to get KO'd when he looks at the ref? Yep. Jumping on the cage and flexing before the fight has been stopped? Check. Shredding ligaments, holding onto a sub as his opponent shrieks and taps and the ref tries desperately to pry him off? Done, and done. Then trying to hug his weeping opponent, getting confused when his affection isn't returned? Oh yeah.

He's incredible. Somebody needs to make a big-budget biopic of Palhares, or at least a tell-all biography.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
It seems like a good idea to give Krazy Horse lots of money with no accountability.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
That is way too much fetal alcohol syndrome for one BAMMA poster.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Scott Coker knows that schadenfreude fremdscham is the best base for MMA promotion.

Wise Learned Man fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Sep 20, 2015

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

fatherdog posted:

God dammit, I went into the kitchen to put pizza in the oven and missed the entire Magalhaes/Hammil fight

Hey, you missed a Matt Hamill fight. Be happy.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

:stare: I like the Black Shuck cameo in his chest, whose baleful eyes are played by the glowing red embers of his nipples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I knew the whole Japanese whaling thing was controversial, but this is way more barbaric than I was expecting.