Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

VagueRant posted:

By the way, is flouride in water supplies really a real thing? This is the first I've heard of it. It DOES sound bad! (I only know flouride is in toothpaste and conspiracy theories)

Yes, and it's an incredibly helpful thing. It would be bad for you if there was too much of it in the water, but you could say that about anything, and I've never actually heard of an issue of a city adding too much by mistake/technical foul up. It's also disproportionately helpful to the poorest people in society which the bleeding heart lefty in me loves.

We had it here for the first 20 years of my life, before the idiots got all jumped up and removed it because they didn't want to pay a measly $6M to perform required updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Indeed. I'm pretty sure NBC still hasn't come up with anything that's doing better than P&R, so it has a decent chance of sticking around. On any other network it would have been pulled already.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Shawna looks familiar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVW6SH2bjYQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enOHraf3LEk

Same Shauna Malwae Tweep as always, but I can't resist any excuse to post these.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

By the looks of things NBC still doesn't have anything to replace it with, so it will go on.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

fount of knowledge posted:

The problem I had with the episode was that even though it was a learning point for Leslie, it feels like a retread to the viewer because we've already been watching Tom and April's growth throughout the season. We know April's taking Animal Control seriously. We know Tom is approaching his new job with new maturity and putting genuine effort into it, so when you have this big scene where Leslie is realizing this for herself, the sentiment for me isn't "Wow, Tom and April HAVE grown!" it's "Way to catch up with what everyone else already knows, Leslie.", and the payoff just isn't there.

Do we? Have we actually seen her doing work at any point since she took that job? Because I don't remember it.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

The Larry thing is hysterical because he's totally just rolling with it, and why wouldn't he, because Jerry wasn't his name either.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

And NTSF:SD:SUV:: is amazing.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

thexerox123 posted:

By the way, they released a little Perd-themed webisode today to make up for the Olympics hiatus!

And apparently Mike Patterson is going to be appearing in upcoming episodes.

"If Ronald Reagan was still alive, and there's no reason he shouldn't be..."

"This is population control by big Obama..."

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, it's probably a bigger thing than ever now, because apparently the crazies on the left also also getting upset about things in the water that are "unnatural" and "chemicals", both of which are bad things now I guess.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, any city big enough to have water treatment facilities is going to have water that is of equal or better quality than bottled water. Plus you get benefits like fluoride in the water, and if something does go wrong, the treatment facilities notice pretty much immediately.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Because your taste is bad and you should feel bad1.

1I have never been to LA.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

That DICK! posted:

Just got caught up. I'm literallygoing to mourn the loss of my favorite character.

I'm apparently in the minority, because I did not find Craig funny at all.

You're certainly not alone though. Perhaps it's dependant on knowing that actor, I just found him sort of annoying.

On the flip side, I recently found out that people find Jean-Ralphio tiring, which makes zero sense to me.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

I don't like Craig, he ruins scenes he's in for me :(

Same. His gimmick seems to be "annoying guy" but without any humor or jokes.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I am 100% sure Jean-Ralphio will be working at Tom restaurant.

And I kind of hope his sister is too. Throw in some Milana Vayntrub for good measure.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

The most correct opinion. I really hope they don't plan to have him hang around.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

No, he wasn't so bad this week. There's another episode where interacts relatively normally with the rest of the department and is pretty OK as well. It's just the times where him being annoying and abrasive is the entire joke where the whole thing flops.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

S7E3 (Animal Control): Due to budget cuts, the Parks department must take on the task of exterminating the possum-like creatures pouring by the millions out of the gorge. April befriends one of the eternally-burning skeletons that lives in the crack. Tom's restaurant faces health inspection.

:golfclap:

That whole post is gold, but for some reason "Tom's restaurant faces health inspection" really got me.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Unmature posted:

But she's soooo pretty.

Also I know it's been said, but casting the Warrior Princess as Ron's wife is just inspired.

But yeah, I don't need her around constantly either, I'd just like to see her once in a while.

If you haven't done so already, you should really go watch Spartacus.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Timett posted:

I thought he was fine when talking to Andy about where to go see bands and in a few other scenes. In that scene he seemed kinda agitated but wasn't YELLING FOR NO REASON.

Yeah, he's fine when he's interacting with the rest of the cast normally. It's just when he SUDDENLY STARTS SCREAMING THAT EVERYTHING GOES TO poo poo.

I wish we had Tynnyfer instead.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Paperhouse posted:

What's the alternative then? They just ignore the idea of children and family even though it's obviously something both Ben and Leslie would want and they're both pushing 40? It's absolutely normal for them to want children, it's a well worn cliche because that's what happens to people.

I think the complaint is that there are no shows where a lead professional woman goes off and has a successful career, but then just doesn't have kids because she chooses not to. Criticizing P&R in particular for not doing this seems a little off the mark - and I don't really think that's their intention - the author is just generally annoyed that nobody is running with that plot line.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

screaden posted:

Didn't he play a doofus character in 30 rock as well?

Well, he plays an actor that plays a doofus in blackface. So probably.

He also plays a doofus character in The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret which everyone should watch.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

The man has good taste.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Were you sent here by the devil?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

But inside it dwells this man:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

On the plus side, this may bring a merciful end to the awkward politician cameos.

The political cameos are pretty great; I think Biden knocked it out of the park. Now they just need to go for the trifecta and have B-Rock himself come to town touring his memoirs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

He's still right. Parks and Rec only exists because NBC can't find anything better.

• Locked thread