Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Having a World Cup in California would be great because then the US wouldn't have to give out pity games to shitholes in the middle of the country or the south.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

vyelkin posted:

Have a giant World League broken down into leagues of 16 teams each, with promotion and relegation. Each team plays each other in their league home and away over the course of four years and at the end of four years promotion and relegation happen. When it's time for the World Cup, all 32 teams from the top two divisions get to play. Easy peasy. Plus we get Germany-Spain-Brazil-etc versus each other every time there's an international break, thus making them less useless because nobody has to play Andorra, San Marino or Liechtenstein except each other. Plus we can get rid of godawful FIFA rankings.

This is unironically what they're trying to pull in Europe, if Im remembering right.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Babby Thatcher posted:

remember that just one of the reasons why USA '94 was some big time fail was that some, but not all of the third place teams got through the groups. with this sort of thing going on we miss out on great moments like Italy getting 5 points at Euro 04 and still going out because of an insanely specific set of group results followed immediately by the entire nation of Italy having a 2-year-long tantrum.

the day we miss out on incidents like that is the day football, which died every time something happened that I don't like during the existence of this subforum, will die.

I'm still mad.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

St Evan Echoes posted:

I still like the South Korea tantrum more tbh

I became less mad about that after Moreno was arrested for trying to smuggle drugs across international borders and he was proven to be a Literal Criminal, thus vindicating everyone that blamed him and making Brazil's win in that tournament null and void.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

El Hefe posted:

CONMEBOL are going to lose the fifth qualifying spot starting next WC apparently, there goes any chance of Venezuela ever qualifying for a WC. Uruguay can't be too happy either.

gently caress you Blatter.

Lmao what, this makes 0 sense. What's the justification?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

pointsofdata posted:

Are all the players at the world cup going to have to get exit visa when it finishes?

They will all be signed by Qatari teams of course.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Scott Bakula posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/20/jerome-champagne-sepp-blatter-fifa-presidency

Jerome Champagne is going to run for FIFA presidency. How long before he gets caught up in a corruption scandal so Blatter can run uncontested again?

Jerry Champagne, is this guy even real? That's a great mobster name.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Hopefully they get nuked by Israel before 2022.

Nice Zionism.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Adulterous Hitler posted:

German media are reporting that FIFA will have a vote on the reallocation of the 2022 World Cup later this year or at the latest at their conference in the spring of 2015.

Looks like Qatar is gonna get fleeced again.

"This is your final warning (to dig up 50 million more Euros in bribes)!"

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

To be fair, it'd be kind of ridiculous to say an olympics with a literal terrorist bombing in it was "the best ever".

The IOC and FIFA are both disgusting though.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

corpuscollossus posted:

Jerome Champagne, the most Haraam name in football, has said he might strip Qatar of the hosting if elected:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2625217/French-FIFA-candidate-threatens-strip-Qatar-2022-World-Cup-succeeds-Blatter.html

Between him and Tokyo Sexwhale you have to wonder if Sepp is just making up names and giving them to his puppets.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

Get out and never look back

This for fucks sake. If you think anything will change with the laughable checks and balances that Qatar has in place and the amount of money being thrown around you are delusional.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

I see there is a thread about me, nice.

Looks like someone didn't read the sticky.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3441145#post419327310

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

well gently caress, rip me. Do what you feel is best mod, be gentle.

This is for ruining football!!!!!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hegay posted:

I dont think he's the real Blatter

Not even once.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bogan Krkic posted:

Is this a wind-up?

Nice

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Russia is going to have to have real grass pitches for the World Cup, even though most of their stadiums are turf, right?

Crazy Ted posted:

Well then why didn't the players file suit when the WWC was first awarded to Canada since it was already known then that all of the stadiums would use FieldTurf?

I was also thinking this.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Talking completely out of my rear end it's probably a standing issue - my guess is that until FIFA was 100% committed to using turf the case wasn't quite ready to bring before a court. Simply awarding the WWC to Canada didn't guarantee it (even if it was 99% likely) is they had to wait.

That's also a good point, I wouldn't put it beyond FIFA to not announce the decision until that decision became irreversible.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jose posted:

I can't tell if they really thought they could get away with trying to turn everything around on England/Australia instead of Qatar or if they're so deluded that they didn't even think people would notice or care

CNN saying the FBI are going to step up their investigations too

I don't think they expect people not to care I just expect them to find a way to make it not matter at all.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

jyrka posted:

I support FIFA.

Estonian World Cup 2026 incoming.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Dirk Pitt posted:

This is what I was thinking. Right now he looks pretty complicit in the affair. Pull a Chelsea Manning, and then I will think highly of him. What good is a private investigation for a multi-national organization?

I don't think becoming a woman is going to help his case.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

Shut the gently caress up about America and talk about FIFA you spergs

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

They're literally the North Koreans.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Didn't Equatorial Guinea get the ACN because a bunch of others backed out or were literal war zones at the time?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Lol right

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Skinty McEdger posted:

Isn't 2023 an African Cup of Nations year as well?

At this point that thing is every year.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hamas Rodriguez posted:

oh poo poo i didnt even begin to think about the viewing experience for me. loving hell. watching indoors no big screens out in the centre of the city gently caress

I think watching a game on the big screen on the edge of the christmas market with a hot cup of gluhwein or vin brule might be fun but it is a drastic shift and there are too many clothes to wear during this time imo.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Koesj posted:

Good to see FIGC standing their ground.

:catstare:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

Qatar world cup final will be on 18th December, rip football

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31975274

ffs

Hegay posted:

It just dawned on me that it'll be held at a time when I don't have vacation, this is real bad

You know what vacation you'll be having in 2022? I'm impressed.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

vyelkin posted:

GG please change the forum title to

I want this to be the real logo so bad

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

serious gaylord posted:

So thats 142m spread over all the clubs then?

And spread over two tournaments as well, if I'm reading that right.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

serious gaylord posted:

Switzerland and the Cayman Islands. Get someone from Jersey in there and you'll have the triumvirate.

TBP's time to shine.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

lmaoing the most at the argument that internal bribery should be allowed

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvMPXwqTMto

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bob James posted:

Someone explain to this dumb American how the voting process works for the President of International Federal Soccerballs.

Each country in FIFA including the mircroscopic ones with barely a single team in them gets 1 vote. The guy who wants to win bribes those guys to vote for him, he wins.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

davecrazy posted:

Wouldn't surprise me if the US Government cares more about loving over Russia then Quatar.

The US government is after whatever tax money is owed to them, end of story.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

JFairfax posted:

pissflaps had a good run

lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Capt Murphy posted:

Bless this cesspool of a forum. Don't even have to leave the page to find tasteless jokes rooted in homophobia. This must be so upsetting for all the parma-loving neocons in here!

I think Parma has hosed itself enough this season, please do not gently caress them any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

All right all right lest settle down on the personal attacks and focus on the cunts being sent to jail and having all of their assets taken away. They deserve the hatred, not the gentle morons of SA.