Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You didn't see the big dinosaur next to a restaurant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I really hope there is some dlc where I get to kill Lamar. I was already sick of the "we gotta be true to the skreets dog" poo poo in San Andreas. I sure as gently caress don't want to deal with it in this game. Why is it whenever a black person becomes successful, some rear end in a top hat comes along to complain he isn't gangsta enough? At least franklin seems to see through the bullshit unlike cj.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's a highway, leave a tractor trailer blocking the road and wait for the traffic to build up.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You gotta use the jerry can plus a fire breathing exhaust to start the explosion to have fun without stars.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I wonder how the stocks really work. If I were to do it, I'd have the stocks be based off of actions of users. However many times users do some action, it affects a certain stock however that action would affect it in real life. So buying lots of guns makes the gun stock go up. Blowing up a certain car makes that stock go down. Then every once in a while the stock dives or rises back to its original levels. Otherwise, we'll end up with Hawk and Little being worth millions of dollars per share.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I just beat the game. Does it make any difference which option you choose? I chose C because I didn't want to kill either of the guys. Do you actually kill anyone or does it just end up being "I can't kill him" and then it goes to option C anyway? I figured they couldn't let you kill one of the characters because there are things only certain characters can do. But does it change any outcomes?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Cool, I'm going to load a previous save and check out the other endings but stick with the one I chose.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

TheRationalRedditor posted:

You know you can replay any mission from the menu, right?

Yeah but I have a save immediately before the corona so whatevs.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Endgame: I just did all three. A and B are total nonstarters. There's no incentive to kill Michael. You don't get anything for it and it just removes a character from the game. You kind of get an incentive to kill Trevor because you then get 30 million on Frank and Mike. But you also lose Trevor which removes the best character in the game for rampaging. C is the only option as far as I'm concerned.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I can't believe the game doesn't do anything for blasting past a speed trap at full speed. At least do an achievement or something. Pisses me off that franklin can never go to the main airport.

Also, are TV shows and movies really lovely quality for anyone else? It's like watching YouTube on the lowest setting.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I wish the cars behaved a little bit realistically. It's impossible to hold a slide because whenever you do any counter steering at all, the front tires grab immediately. This ends my slide and sends me hurtling off the other direction. While it's true this will happen in a real car, but not instantly. Are there any new social club stocks on the rise to get into? I'm just about to cash out from the final lester mission.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Regarding the Epsilon missions. Do I have to stay on michael for ten days? If I switch off, will it come back to him still wearing the robes or will it do a transition where he's wearing the tennis outfit or whatever? I don't want to have to sit on michael for ten days.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

Convoy?
I always assumed that it was the theme music to the film

All of the rampages are pretty rad tbh.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077369/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

quote:

Truckers form a mile long "convoy" in support of a trucker's vendetta with an abusive sheriff...Based on the country song of same title by C.W. McCall.

Oxxidation posted:

I'm just picturing every heist escape attempt being met with 10+ classy gentlemen with RPG's.

You saying classy gentlemen makes me think of a bunch of people from 4chan dressed up in tuxedos and masks because they think that's cool.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Once you get used to precision mode, you should be fine. I got max points on nearly ever jump location first try.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Brinner posted:

So it is the first here in Oz. Is GTA Online available now? I'm at work.

I'm surprised people in Australia still think that a date set for a video game could possibly mean their time zone. It's either going to be GMT, EST or PST. Those are the time zones things are released in.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Fuligin posted:

Anybody know where to find the "Drive" homage jacket?

There is a suburban store in Sandy Shores or Grapeseed that has it. It's a white jacket.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What's the point of all these trailers at the airport if I can't hook them up to anything? Unless i'm missing something, most of the trailers in this game can't be hitched to anything. I want to drag things around. What's the point of hitching things to trucks if all I can do is drag around a boat trailer? The airport is literally filled with things that look like they hook up to the Ripley and the air tug, but they don't. I haven't been this disappointed since I tried to hook up the trailers in GTA3 to the linerunner.

And where are the forklifts?

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 1, 2013

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

JGBeagle posted:

I assumed "Quicksave" meant what it meant on older games, you quicksaved and quit to the main menu so you load right back up from your break which would delete said file. If this is not the case I'm pretty sure it's too late for me to give a drat and replay the torture mission for the fourth loving time.

When has "quicksave" ever meant this? Off the top of my head I can't think of a single game where quick saving exits to the main menu. At best, quick save is a button you press in many games that saves into a file that you can quick load later. Every time you quick save, it replaces the last one. That's not what it means in GTAV, but I've never heard of what you're talking about.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

For the Atomic Blimp, when you call to get it delivered, does it only deliver to certain locations? Or does it just take a while to deliver? I'm on the beach right now and I called for one a few minutes ago and they said they'd deliver it but I haven't seen it yet. I've tried a couple other times before, too, and I've never actually gotten to use it yet.

It only delivers to certain spots on the map. Look for a blimp icon.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I understand rep points, they let you unlock things. What do job points get me?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Every time I meet up with some goons in game, they kill me. :(

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

akula posted:

total noob here re: rockstar multiplayer games

Whats the easiest way for a buddy and I to play together? Join a crew? Does he need to do that on the Social Club? once were in the same crew how does he "follow me" when I join a game?

I'm also wondering if he will follow me when I get bounced around from mission to mission.. finally, if we use xbox live voice chat will that mute the other players in the game or will it be a mess of 10 people talking at once.

Just get into a party with him. You'll only talk to each other in the party. I don't know if he can follow you around. If he joins your session he should be fine. I don't know how things like playlists work out for that though. Once you both join a playlist, you'll stick together. But when you leave, I don't know if it will put you in the same session.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Why the gently caress aren't you people saving after the torture mission if you hate it so much?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If you need a good reliable car, I highly suggest the Ruiner.

It needs an alignment because it pulls to the right a bit. Aside from that, the extreme camber plates and the crooked engine, it still runs just as fast and handles just as good as the day I stole it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Pleads posted:

For all the complaints of getting wanted stars when you steal a car online, you form a real attachment with your ride when you're forced to use it for everything.

My Bravado Gresley SUV is a fuckin tank and has saved my rear end numerous times. Can't wait for the online stuff to get sorted so it can carry 3 homies (and some hanging off the side?) in our shenanigans.

I feel the same way about my Ruiner. I felt like an idiot when I picked it and wanted to find something new. Then I just went on a three star police chase and it carried me through all the way. Despite my terrible driving because I was angry at the cops finding me every time I got away. Every time it rolled, it got back over, every time I crashed, it just kept going. I think I'm just going to upgrade this thing and keep it forever.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Question about getting cars in online. It says that some cars are premium and you have to buy them online. What about cars that are similar in premiumness but aren't sold online? Like the Sentinel XS, it's not sold online. Does that mean if I see one I can steal it and claim it? I wish it was just sold online anyway, it's kind of annoying that they don't have at least most of the cars available to be bought.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't understand why the online is corrupting saves. What is being saved? I started online with one save file and then later swapped to a different save where I wasn't invested in the stock market. I still had my same online guy.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I would say the worst part of cops is the one that gets a speed boost to ram you. How the hell does the cop go that fast? That and when you get knocked or bumped and your car veers off to the left or right and you can't correct it at all. I've somewhat gotten used to the terrible grip mechanics when sliding. Why do I lose control of my car for no reason? It's like the car is undrivable for a set amount of time before it lets me steer back onto the road.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That feature is part of SALR. Do you have an earlier save? I've run into a couple game breaking bugs. I couldn't get a mission to proceed because a checkpoint was bugged. I had to go to an earlier save.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

jeromechef posted:

Unfotunately no, I don't have an earlier save.

So, if I were to start over (which, wouldn't be the end of the world), this shouldn't happen again then?

Also what's SALR? I'd hate to have this happen again so any more info on how/why this happens would be immensely helpful.

Something Awful Last Read. It adds features to the forums, like "search within this thread." And there's no guarantee it won't happen again. Luckily mine was in a heist so I could just pick the other option and do it that way.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Ularg posted:

I didn't know there was one. :(

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3573192

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Green Puddin posted:

God, I can't watch anymore of the "This is how you DON'T play X" compilations. I seriously cannot loving play Metal Gear Solid without hearing his stupid laugh, his complaining, his racism, and "Kojima World Order" in my head while I try playing it. :argh: Good to know he still can't loving comprehend game mechanics and is 31 years old but cannot read.

Sorry for the derail, assume posting about the lack of CJ on Grove Street.

poo poo, I used to work with a guy like this. He was kind of racist, had a dumb laugh and while we were pushing carts, I stopped at a bumper sticker, laughed and walked off. He was still standing there for about ten seconds and I asked him what he was doing. His answer was "I can't read, man."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Chard posted:

It bums me out that some of the special/mission songs never seem to play on the normal radio. Sometimes I just want to drive around listening to Chicago and drinking the pain away.

e: I may actually end up spending even more money to buy the game's soundtrack, what have I become

That song plays all the time for me.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Pook Good Mook posted:

Do you mean by Rockstar or via player actions?

Frankly I'd like to see the algorithms they use to build Bawsaq around and why in the world some stocks like the Daily Globe are worth $2,000 a share while Pisswasser can get to 10 cents.

I mean really, who buys newspaper stocks?

The algorithm is a chron job on the server that increments and decrements stocks every day.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You get certain weapons for registering on the social club and having the special/collector edition. They are always free.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
How do you get pictures that large?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Party Plane Jones posted:

At nighttime 20000 feet up you can still see individual streetlights. GTA's texture streaming for buildings and landmarks is a beast. Not so much for people though.

Not really, this is all faked. Go into a high up apartment at night and look through the telescope. You'll see headlights and tail lights. Zoom in on them and they disappear because there were no cars there to begin with.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Sylphosaurus posted:

Man, I'm not sure if Rockstar is trying to be meta as gently caress or simply being assholes due to the absolute lack of cash and unlocks for the different sidemissions and activities. Considering that Rockstar themselves has conditioned GTA players that they'll recieve rewards for finishing activities since GTA 3 I'm pretty stumped with their design for activities in this game.

It's they wanted to force you to not do anything with money until after the story is over. Except once the story is over, there's nothing really grabbing you back into the game. I wanted to collect all the papers and ufo parts but when I load up the game, I'm just going to go to online.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Oh god it's unpacking. here I go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Top Hats Monthly posted:

The only thing I get disoriented with is driving in muscle cars. The Dominator seat rests a bit too low in my opinion.

This annoys me a bit. I'd like to raise the camera in a couple of the cars.

• Locked thread