Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

The Bloop posted:

The ability to tap on a heading in the Leper's Colony to expand and see who entered a probe doesn't seem to be working for me

Or did I just imagine that was a feature?

please I will donate all of the gift certs possible to fix this it's ruining my ability to accurately track all of the dramatic ongoings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Vim Fuego posted:

I request a notification that pops up when you click a quote that takes you to a different thread. It's risky to post thinking you are in one forum when you are in another and it's not obvious the switch happens.

lol I second this one friend

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

nashona posted:

yay the latest update also fixed the lepers colony issue! now I can continue to monitor my posting enemies

yes thank you benevolent app creator!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

where are your dots?!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Is this a thing where the Android System Webview gets updated and does something dumb like removing dots?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Captain Invictus posted:

I just had a thread with 3500ish unread posts change to -81601 unread posts, what would have caused that? I realized it was there right as I hit reload, and it reset to 0 unread upon reloading. Weird. It was the pinned small questions thread in ask/tell

had you just viewed someone's posts in that thread?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

handle posted:

OK, I was able to reproduce this on newer, faster-moving threads. (Optional: set posts per page to 5 to make it easier.)
  1. Load a thread where the last page is maxed out on posts.
  2. Wait until there are new posts.
  3. Switch away from the app, and switch back. Metadata will update and the page bar will reflect the new posts.
  4. Swipe up and the page will refresh instead of loading the new page.
I'll see if I can figure out a root cause, thank you all for the info!

Edit: ArcMage, I don't know if this is the issue you're seeing 8-10 pages back in a thread, though.

I've definitely seen this one

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Captain Hygiene posted:

I forgot I was signed up for the beta updates and was very pleasantly surprised to find out that the imgur uploader now remembers that I like direct uploads, that's the little QoL change I've wished for the longest! :tipshat:

oh hell yeah thanks devs

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

settings, forum index, button at bottom

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

feature request: option when you click on the dots on a post to copy the URL of the avatar image for the post

who do I need to bribe (with what) to make that a reality?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Gadzuko posted:

There are way too many options in the three dot post menu as it is, so I would suggest this happen on a long press of the avatar instead if anyone feels like implementing it

sounds good to me! and yeah lol you're right

I'll give someone SA certs if they do this for me :D

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Oldstench posted:

I'm having an issue on my Pixel 6a where embedded videos on Twitter won't play unless I hold my finger on the image and scroll up and down slightly. Like, the audio plays, but the video won't progress.
If I click through to the website I have no problems.

lol yeah I get that too on an S21 Ultra at least the workaround is only mildly annoying

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

kirbysuperstar posted:

Nobody should want to know java

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

yup

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Wendigee posted:

Works fine for me

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Montague Tigg posted:

same, this would be a great improvement
I vote for the second option

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

A corresponding app change for this would be appreciated:

Pragmatica posted:

alright, good news time! i talked to Jeffrey! this was a pretty simple logic fix, and it is live now. posts will flag as reported before giving you the box to type in a reason. :woop:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Kheldarn posted:

I guess the app doesn't like the new Friday Forum from the announcement. Tapping the link opens my web browser, and if I try to look for it under Main, it's not listed.

settings - forum index - force an update

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Macatt posted:

When I changed my name in that menu to Macatt all of their posts get highlighted like I posted them. So I guess that means I stole their identity?

neat

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Javid posted:

I mean you're updating the entire app over the issue of image uploading capacity, why not provide a future proof option for people that have their own hosting instead. Imgur is going to keep getting worse and the account thing just kicks the can down the road.

astral is hard at work on the permanent solution in the form of attachments 2.0

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Wendigee posted:

My brother and friends are excited I'm looking into starting to do dev. They all started a few years ago when we all got let go from my previous job.

How much space do you think I need to start an android studio environment for this project?

I got a spinner with like 250 gigs I assume that's plenty?

Or would it be better to use 40 gb on an SSD? I assume speed doesn't matter much for compile time anymore

If you're that limited on space, install the Android stuff to spinning disk but the project itself to SSD. The project itself is real small but you probably don't want to waste all the space on the Android garbage on your SSD.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

I'm confused where you want to put a line

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

how do I get the new version 😭

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

thank you 😭 I just got it

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

crepeface posted:

I really don't want to give imgur my phone number.

if you use a google account you don't need to btw. luckily I had a burner one of those already but yeah I was considering forking the app just because of that change

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

I think you also don't need one if you use Facebook but lol

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Awful App Info -> Set as Default has this guy too

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Sereri posted:

As we're not going to switch back to the previous method, it's possible imgur uploads will go away.

this is dumb just revert the change if the old method still works

eventually we'll have awfulimg but the admins in the SOTF thread have said they'll keep scraping newer imgur posts anyways so there's no downside to just fixing the app to do what it used to

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Tabachinova posted:

Is the shortcut for bookmarks still in widgets? I can't find it. I'm using the last beta for nova launcher 8.0.14 beta on MIUI 14.

if I long press the app button I can make a bookmarks shortcut if that's what you're looking for

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Uthor posted:

I can't remember the last time I was logged out of SA, either on this app or on the browser on my computer (which I use to look at SA like once a week).

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Wendigee posted:

Oh ma gerd thank you for fixing imgur support for offline photos!

Have my cat

wait what changed bc it still doesn't work for me

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Montague Tigg posted:

did you update it

oh hell yes thank you

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Creamythighs posted:

What's the best way to get use to navigation on this sa android app im struggling a bit

I assume you know about pulling ur bottom to go to the next page? that's the only real secret to a good time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

if you go to settings -> about what version does it say