Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Can we get a gif of that girl getting the Scanners treatment? The poo poo they get away with on this show sometimes :psyboom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

This is why things going to public domain is good and Disney is a bastard.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

Bad Day at Black Rock had Dean's "I'm Batman" scene. How can you call it awful?

It also had the best background gag. "I lost my shoe. :smith:" Amazing episode, even though it introduced Bella.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

computer parts posted:

The mid season twist is that Sam found out a while ago and he and Zeke are just loving with Dean now.

By the time a guy tried to eat him to gain his magical regenerate-from-mortal-wounds power that totally doesn't exist, he should at least be aware that something is seriously loving up and Dean owes him an explanation that holds a drop of water.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Nobody pinned this tonight? :argh:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Kimmalah posted:

Tonight was just CW repeating Tuesday's episode and I don't think repeats get a stickied thread.

Oh, right. Don't mind me, I'm on a bunch of drugs that all have the "may cause drowsiness or disorientation" labels and occasionally forget what day (or week) it is, this isn't hideously embarrassing at all.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Things this show needs less of: bro-wangst.

Things this show needs more of: Nazi cult societies.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 30, 2014

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Tokubetsu posted:

One of the things I wish they addressed more is Dean killing that mother/Sam's friend in s7 I think. I can't remember what it was and I know the kinda addressed it but I don't think Sam should have ever just let that go. Dean killed her because they were monsters and not because they were particularly bad. Just because he was sorta sad and angrier than normal at the time.

For all the Ruby's, demon juicing and soulless stuff Sam gets involved with, Dean tends to do way more horrible poo poo for selfish and stupid reasons.

The series gets real close to this realization but I don't think they've ever put two and two together: they've observed that many hunters are severely broken people drowning their sorrows in the kinda-metaphorical blood of monsters/ghosts/demons/etc.; most of the things they hunt are bad and deserve what they get but some of them are just victims of circumstance, and a few still even have a good nature/can overcome their inner darkness and lead good lives.

A lot of hunters are just this side of murderous psychopaths and they only get away with it because the things they're hunting just happen to be evil and inhuman... usually.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

seravid posted:

:hfive:
Ghostfacers suck.

Your MOTHER!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

SUPERNATURAL:angel:METATRON:angel:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

legoman727 posted:

Time to see how bad the spinoff is going to be.

Turns out: loving hideous :bang:

Not only do I have negative reverse anti-desire to watch the spinoff, I think they owe us an extra episode where Sam and Dean go back to Chicago and slaughter the whole monster mafia to make the spinoff absolutely unquestionably out of continuity.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Occult Mad Men would own the poo poo out of this formulaic pablum.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

omg chael crash posted:

I honestly thought this episode was as bad as last week's. This show is now just a caricature of it self which is seriously saying something because this show is Supernatural.

The bro wangst is just about unbearable now, and I can tolerate a lot when they give me the kind of :drat: poo poo that went down in this episode's climax.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

cool kids inc. posted:

This would be acceptable only if it were to Supernatural as Deadly Premonition was to Twin Peaks.

Alternatively, Saints Row 4, down to super powers and everything.

What would the Supernatural version of the dubstep gun be, a spell that makes everyone in range have tear-choked heart-to-heart chats set against classic rock?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Writer Cath posted:

Is it weird that one of the things I look forward to the most is the gag reel?

I really want to see Dean open his eyes at the end and he's wearing smiley-face contacts.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Xealot posted:

I anticipate it will be like the "soulless Sam" plotline from a few seasons back. Dean will assert he's still "himself," until it becomes clear he isn't anymore. Someone should take bets on whether or not he tries to hide the fact he's a demon from Sam. "Dean! I smell brimstone; was Crowley here?"

Oh god, I'm gonna kill myself* if they pull that poo poo. Dean straight told Sam about the murderlust and turning into something "he didn't want to be", and they know Cain became a demon after he died, all the cards are on the table here. I can't take another season of *~stoic bro secrets~*, I just can't.

*not a :toxx:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Deadpool posted:

It's still funny that people don't realize that Winchester Brother Secrets are actually a bigger component to the show than all the monsters. I means it's the main theme of the show and will be until the end. It's been nine years now and it's time for people to accept that.

Let me rephrase that: I can't stand it when they have secrets that are clearly being mined for terrible maudlin wangst because the brothers never learn anything after nine years. When there's a good plot-driven reason to keep a secret, great. When the only reason nobody spills is "we haven't met the 19-episode quota of choked-back tears and hard stares across the hood of the Impala" it's just aggravating.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The thing with Dean is, though, on some level his macho-man string 'em high :clint: bravado is a coping mechanism, it's how he deals with wading waist-high through the gore and grief and dead friends of a hunter's life. Sure he's hardened by it, especially compared to hug-box Sam and his therapy dogs, but when something truly pushes him to the edge of the abyss (like say, being dragged to Hell or turned into a vampire or afflicted with unquenchable murderlust) Dean still clings to his humanity. He might be a terribly broken person after everything he's been through, but he still wants to be a person -- "This is turning me into something I do not want to become."

There's gonna be hella angst to tap from Demon Dean.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Bunnita posted:

Don't joke, they could do this and I'm sure it would suck

poo poo, I'm surprised they hadn't done it already.

Also I legit never knew that the Lucifer = fallen angel stuff wasn't actually in the Bible. Supernatural threads are strangely educational!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Sh@t My God Says

• Locked thread