Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
Hi guys, I am a girl, do I have to make a princess to post in this thread because I don't think I want to, is that ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Meis posted:

liking princess stuff is not a prerequisite to being female, or to posting in this thread. Despite what toy makers would have you believe.

Good, because I was always more a He-Man action-figure kind of girl anyway

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Al Borland posted:

Let me help you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32FB-gYr49Y

and then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu97XDIbyAE

Enjoy. I always do.

Random testicle pain is a mystery it happens. Had it for years and years. Doctors think its micro kidney stones for the most part.

haha

Women's Rights? posted:

She-Ra had a horse, thus She-Ra is objectively better

This is fact you cannot debate me on this

I was more into the Turtles & X-Men cartoons, but my friend (a boy) had all the action-figures and I liked the green battle-tiger the best because it is a GREEN BATTLE TIGER.
I was also into horses, but I preferred the scary one from the D&D cartoon, I bet She Ra's horse isn't half as bad-rear end.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Women's Rights? posted:

I had all of the x-men toys. ALL OF THEM.

And She-Ra's horse can gently caress up the MOON. Can your stupid D&D horse gently caress up the moon? I don't think so :colbert: Check and mate

Idk, man, I just googled the D&D horse and the internet has this to say about it:

quote:

The nightmare is Venger's mount. It is a demonic, black horse capable of flight. In The Time Lost episode, when Starfire One-Niner pilot is being chased by a nightmare-mounted Venger, he claims that the pursuing creature is capable of Mach one speeds.

Sounds p. bad-rear end to me. Mach one speeds.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
Dutch TV did this thing where they pulled a couple of seasons of an American cartoon out of a bargain-bin somewhere and then just ran them over and over again. Every time they started looping again, I was super pissed & upset

e: I didn't have many toys btw, but I did have a light-up Thundercats sword sooo

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
Our weather has really hosed us over by giving us a weird early spring for a week (I wore a crop-top in early march, what) and then became all wishy-washy and rainy forever.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Nessa posted:

I would love for it to be super rainy. It's better than snowy. It's less cold than snowy.

We had a week of nice weather a couple weeks ago where I could go outside with an open jacket. That was nice. I want that to come back.

It didn't even snow here this year, winter was a non-starter. I just want it to be sunny & warm, but not hot or humid and like 25 degrees always, except for one day where it snows and I get to wear winter-accessories, amen

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Meis posted:

Are you a fellow brit?

Might as well be wrt the weather, I'm in the Netherlands.

Also, rain is horrible when you bike everywhere because you always arrive soaking wet unless you wear a full hazmat rain-suit

e: but who wouldn't want to go out in this cool summer look

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Nessa posted:

rarely getting above -15 for most of the winter.

I would die or move

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
my home-town has a cool zoo with biodomes where small animals can roam free in a climate-controlled version of their own habitat. They have a desert one, a jungle one, and one that is a bunch of gigantor aquaria. It is the only zoo that doesn't make me sad.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
If you like dark stuff you should watch Charlie Brooker's Black Mirror. every ep is its own story and the themes are more technology/dystopian future/oh gently caress what's happening than sci-fi, but it's good.
The first episode features someone kidnapping a princess and the ransom is that the PM has to gently caress a pig on live tv it's the best episode

Also, watch Spaced, Black Books, and Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Dongicus posted:

i loving love charlie brooker :respek:

oh and borland, watch charlie brookers "wipe" series they're all on youtube and will give you great insight into britain's awful tv/news

YES, me too, but I think you should differentiate between commentary-type shows like the wipes and his fictive stuff like Dead Set (also rly good) and Black Mirror. Also, the stuff he presents hasn't been quite the same since he married a hottie and had a baby, imho, but that's how it goes

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Pick posted:

yaaayyyy

also rick and morty is great scifi watch it everyone

I hear nothing but good things but I keep forgetting to watch it, thanks for the reminder!

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Al Borland posted:

These sound fun too.

well, you've come to the right girl for sci-fi & british comedy. I can also do horror.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Shannonmcn posted:

Spaced was the reason me and housemate moved in together, to emulate that wonderful life.

Unfortunately I'm the only one who's stayed a permadrunk waster, he's a productive member of society. And there's no weird artist in the basement :(

Same, but he became my boyfriend.

Portals posted:

I like your avatar a lot, I was very startled the first time I noticed it was animated

Thanks, that was exactly my intent when I made it :)

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

haha, that exists

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Shannonmcn posted:

I like to think that's what happened after the show too :allears:

Me too :)

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Shannonmcn posted:

I'm watching the Louis Theroux documentary on dogs in LA. Bracing myself for all of the tears.

Yeah, the shelters were hella sad :(

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

vaguely posted:

depressing duck story ahead: the village where I went to school had a duck pond, but the male to female duck ratio was way off to the point where one year there was only one single lady duck and she got drowned under a flurry of guy ducks all trying to bone her at once :(

It's true, all ducks are rapists. Some are even gay necrophiliac rapists. :(

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
Good morning thread, I dreamed I had to slit the throat of a little lamb and I think it's because of the animal & morality chat yesterday.

e: OR maybe an allegory for killing jesus

InvisibleMonkey fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Mar 26, 2014

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
Also, I think America has bad candy (no sugar??), and short people. BUT that might also be because we are one of the tallest nations in the world so we can look down on everyone except the Danish or something.

And my bf saw the Bee Movie pic and immediately brought up Pick's review, so good job.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
Ok but he might look at me sad, and then it's your fault

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
look at this, what is it??

I want it to be my animal friend :3:

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

JawKnee posted:

you look like Joseph Gordon Levitt

no, I don't

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Fetus Tree posted:

if thats you in that picture, you do in that particular picture anyway.

That's not me though, I'm a lady chatting in the ladies' chatting thread. I fucken wish I could take a selfie with a Quokka.

Schmetterling posted:

I bought hair clips with bugs on them! :buddy:

I once DIYed these for a halloween costume, bugs are cool :)

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Fetus Tree posted:

sorry mang, figured you were a dude. yalls thread has more dudes than the mans thread tbh

We are stronger and cooler than the manthread for sure, yes

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
Doesn't matter where you post, people will think you're a dude. just as well, not a lot of good things come from revealing your secret vagina-club membership online, unless you really love getting PMs from desperate goons

e: like, I once posted "i'm girl tho" in response to something and within literally seconds I had a PM that said "HEY, U SEEM COOL ;)"

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
lol

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
I'm going to ikea, pray for me

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
according to this iphone app my period is due tomorrow and that is probably why I feel like slowly fading away into nothingness today. I'm just going to make tea and watch a horror-movie in bed I think, also I really wish I had a kitty to pet rn :(

SOMEONE LEND ME YOUR CAT, THIS IS IMPORTANT

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Pick posted:

enjoy greylin, she is very soft and stupid

yessss, wanna pet that cat

I did in fact once borrow the neighbours' cat because we have mice and it's the only thing that gets them to gently caress off for a while, but it wasn't all that pleased about being thrust upon a bunch of cooing strangers. in my current state I would probably cry if a cat rejected me

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
the other day a bar-cat jumped on my lap while I was out drinking and burrowed in my sweater and it was the best :3:

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Chiba City Blues posted:

i made this to turn into an avatar but no matter what i do, how many frames i delete, how much i compress it, how i resize it i cant get it below 100kb

Do you have the original cause I could take a look for you, but I agree, the size limit is super annoying

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
I meant a .gif, I hate ripping tiny bits of youtube video

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Chiba City Blues posted:

i made this to turn into an avatar but no matter what i do, how many frames i delete, how much i compress it, how i resize it i cant get it below 100kb

there are so loving many colours, it's p. much impossible to do without it looking like dogshit but here?

e: of course the file-size jumped up once I saved them

maybe this one:

InvisibleMonkey fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Mar 26, 2014

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
I'm watching the latest Paranormal Activity and so far it's v. silly

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
I love found footage stuff, but the genre has really exploded with bullshit movies that make you seasick.

I was terrified by the Blair Witch Project when I saw it first, because they hardly showed anything and my imagination is way scarier than a gory movie. I liked the first Paranormal Activity (don't see it more than once tho), but after that they became crappier and crappier. I can't even remember which ones were number 2, 3, and 4, because they were all poo poo.

this one has a Santeria-esque theme but so far I'm not convinced

e: I can't help myself, gotta watch all the lovely found footage movies

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
Yeah, I love [rec]!

e: Blair Witch Project is still my fav, at the time it was pretty original & scary

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Kimmalah posted:

Best part about the Blair Witch Project was that they went to all these lengths to cover up the fact that it was fictional, so for like a week or two there everyone kind of wondered if they were actually watching kids die in the woods.

I was like 13 when it came out, so it was pretty goddamn scary at the time.

Yeah! For the time they had a really good viral marketing campaign with a ~website and errything. I remember thinking "nah, this seems fake...or is it?" and I had to sleep with the lights on

e: I was 15, I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

do slashers count?

Sleepaway Camp 2

• Locked thread