Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
How often do the platinum discounts show up? I only started playing like 2 days ago (gave it a shot a couple months ago but didn't really click until I came back) but I got a feeling I'll jeep playing this, and 75% off plat sounds tempting to have a bit down the line for slots and potatoes.

I'm eyeballing the $12.50 for 1000 plat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
poo poo. Might as well then, at the very least I'm pretty loving sure I'll get 12 bucks of fun out of this.

1000 plat should tide me over for a good while if I don't make dumb purchases, right?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
My options are:

170 plat for $2.50
370 plat for $5
1000 plat (750+250 bonus) for $12.50 (there are more expensive ones, but I don't like the game THAT much yet :v:)

I think the 1000 sounds reasonable.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Washout posted:

:siren:This is a newbie giveaway contest for PC:siren:

Under mr12 is eligible for this contest.

You need to illustrate through whatever means you would like either MSpaint or Photoshop or ingame screenshots what happens after a goon says AFK BRB GTP.

1st place: Soma prime set
2nd and 3rd: blue and gold potato + forma pack.

Hopefully this is a decent contest!

Not sure if this counts, but this is the first thing I saw when I went to the dojo for the first time just now:

/edit: changed to a better pic :v:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
If you're playing with an Xbox One controller, launch the game from Big Picture mode, it fixes all prompts and menu navigation with it.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

VolticSurge posted:

Does the clan have a Discord? Because if not, it really should. Mostly because it's seemingly impossible to find Goons to play with.

Ya, it's linked in the OP:
https://discord.gg/4AGSWSp

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

The OP posted:

We also have a Discord server, if you want another place to bug people for prime parts. Click here for that.

/edit: Beaten. Ah well.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Rorac posted:

Given that like 99% of the game involves going through and completing missions in specific areas on the map which are randomly generated corridor levels... yeah, you're gonna be running bullet jumping through hallways a lot.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I ended up doing MR9 with a whip with buffed up range, the slide attack is fantastic for it.

A tip I got from the watching someone in YT: In the third section you start on a ledge, drop down and immediately jump back up, then back up a few steps and crouch; this way the 3 enemies coming down main won't see you and you can jump down as soon as they turn after reaching the end and murder them all.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Magres posted:

For your entertainment, I submit the following Play In Two Acts

I love this stupid goddamned game, it takes a pretty wonderful game to make accidentally blowing yourself up into a positive experience.

Weissritter posted:

I can attest to this, I even ran missions with him twice yesterday!

Lenz is awesome like that.

To be fair; most of those times last night happened because I was trying to pull off a glide shot and released while passing in front of a column, or an enemy going 'Mr. President!" and putting his face in the way of me trying to shoot a Nox. You should have seen the first few times I deployed with it,

Now that I'm getting used to Lenz's (Lenz'? Is there a rule for z?) projectile speed/arc and blast radius I'm pulling off all kinds of cheeky shots. I'm killing things around corners, behind cover, on top of stuff... hell, I'm doing motherfucking fadeaways when things get too close quarters.

I went to Cetus today and nailed a dropship from so far away that Hek and Lotus were still talking about reinforcements while I was on my way to the next waypoint.

I'll never stop using this god drat 'bow'. :allears:

/edit:

Dreadwroth posted:

Ohhhh that explains the Mot run.

The Mot run was me finding out Nidus' tankiness and health regen doesn't mean much if your health is still in one-shot range from those heavy-hitting wankers that spawn from 10:00 onwards. Not to mention Void Vor :(. By The Lotus, shut the gently caress up Vor.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jan 19, 2018

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Got a question regarding builds in general (and this one in particular):

I've been working on a Chromatic Blade Excalibur for a bit, and was using this build from Warframe Builder (I'm lazy, just went by 'most popular' ):

Efficiency: 190%
Duration: 40%
Strength: 180% (Only if Energy Conversion is active, it's 130% otherwise)
Range: 100%

But watching some videos last night, I came across this:

Efficiency: 190%
Duration: 67.5%
Strength: 200% (All the time)
Range: 100%

Both have 6.3 energy/sec consumption for EB; I'm also using this Mire build since someone recommended it for that innate 10% virus.

So, questions:
-In general, does it matter how you achieve the ability modifiers, mod-wise, or just the final numbers?
-Either of those builds strike you guys as outright better than the other? I'm leaning towards the second once since it has much better duration, which is useful for radial blinds, and has a 'guaranteed' 200% strength, which is important for Chromatic Blade since at 180% it has 100% status chance (I'm a bit concerned about RNG loving me over by not spawning energy orbs to trigger Energy Conversion which would make the first one have 130%).
-I guess a point could be made about swapping out Flow for Rage/Hunter Adrenaline, but I'm not sure how bad an idea that is without Steel Fiber in there?
-Should I keep using Mire, or would I be better off with a Nikana variant or whatever?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Rainuwastaken posted:

I personally use something very similar to the first build, because I can't imagine playing Excalibur without Rage. I don't worry about the blind timer much since anything I blind is going to be dead very quickly anyway.
Yeah, I think I'd rather have Rage/Hunter Adrenaline over Flow for the same reason I'm a bit wary of Energy Conversion: I don't like depending on energy orbs; they're usually not an issue when I'm playing in a party, but from time to time I'll deploy solo and not see a single loving energy orb in the whole mission. :argh:

Rainuwastaken posted:

I use a mire build very similar to yours, except I'm a fan of Healing Return over Life Strike. Sustained healing over burst, preference I guess.
No, it totally makes sense, but I don't have Healing return. v:v:v I just checked the market and it's like 4 plat, so I'll grab it next time I log in.

Weeping Wound posted:

剣の道 NIKATA PRIME

Which one, I have all 3. :colbert: (Seriously asking, I remember people saying Dragon was better than Prime for some reason?)

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Are we playing the game, or is DE playing us?

:thunk:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Jat Kittag is a rocket powered hammer.

...with an augment mod that causes enemies you kill with it to explode and deal AoE damage based on their health to anything around them.

Yeah.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

WMain00 posted:

My friend has been playing this for weeks now and keeps telling me to join in. I had an account kicking about from ages back, but couldn't remember a thing so restarted.

I'm still very confused about everything and what I should be doing (other than killing mutated freaks) but I've got past the tutorial and I'm at Venus now.

I have signed up for goon fun because I need all the help I can get!

Hop in the Discord, it's always fun hearing from new players and giving them conflicting advice that downward spirals into a 10 minute discussion and ends up confusing them even more!

(I'm not being sarcastic)

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

mrmcd posted:

Bump this thread every time you take a new frame out of the oven and you get sad because it doesn't have — in the aura slot, and now you have to do +1 forma cycle so tallgeese doesn't get mad at you.

You don't really appreciate corpro until you try running a pub Hydron and suddenly nothing dies.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
So, uhhhhhhh, any idea how much I could sell this for?

Unranked:

Maxed:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Feindfeuer posted:

Just spam them in the trade chat, tell people to send you an offer. I'd say you probably can get 800+ for this going by prices listed in the trade chat for Riven that are not crap. Do this a few days and see how far up people are willing to go, than you can still decide if you want to keep it or not. I'd love to have this one, but I can't justify spending that kind of plat.
I'll try this a couple days, since I honestly have no intention of keeping it and would rather have the plat; I quoted someone 1k and the went "LOL IDIOT" and blocked me, so I'm guessing that was a bit too much. :v:

hup posted:

No idea, but when you figure it out I’ll probably buy it from you.
If you're interested give me a shout on the clan discord (I'm Edmond#1080), or in-game (EdmondSA) and we can talk it over.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Flipswitch posted:

I am torn whether to forma my Lenz or my Akstillo Prime first. The Lenz is great so I may just have to do it for the boom factor alone.

That's my default loadout unless I'm doing something specific like a spy mission or a restricted sortie. I'm up to 8 2 missions without killing myself with the Lenz!

Just forma as you need; I have both of them at 3 forma since I haven't upgraded the mods to full yet (and I'm still missing Primed Target Cracker for the Stilettos), so it's not like you have to go 4 forma at once.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Re: Prime frames.

You also should keep in mind some prime frames are vaulted, so getting those is tricky (or expensive).

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

RFC2324 posted:

Tellurium drops from archwing missions

Also Uranus (the hybrid ones, but you it can drop 'on land').

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
The "Starter Pack" is kinda ehhhh to be honest. Wait until you get a 75% off and grab 1000 plat for 12.50; the resource boosters are nice but not necessary, and the clan goons can give you any mod you'd get from it.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Blakkout posted:

I’ve only been playing this game for two days, but I got the extra 100 platinum free PS+ deal this month. Yesterday I also got one of the “50% off one marketplace item” coupons. I did some Googling, and it sounds like experienced players reccommend spending platiunum on practical things, like warframe or weapon slots or potatos. Assuming I’m going to ignore that advice, and use all of my 150 platiunum on a new (regularly priced at 300 platinum or less) warframe tonight, which should I choose? Might also be noteworthy that I doubt I’ll ever be more than a filthy casual in this game, so I’d prefer awesome warframes over tough to get warframes to complete a full collection.

To be honest, most of the frames are not that hard to get. If I were to recommend a "pain in the arse to farm" frame, my candidates would be:

Octavia
Nidus (I bought him because gently caress that quest/farm)
Mesa (I got super lucky but I've heard horror stories, and you need to farm keys to fight the boss that drops her)
Harrow
Ivara

Raptor1033 posted:

Edit: or maybe ivara but I don't think she's too hard to get normally
I'm on run 52 of Medium spy missions and no drop so ymmv on her. :negative:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

kxZyle posted:

• Quote this post

In-game: EdmondSA

:toot:

Let's farm all of the poo poo.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I lucked out and we cracked Volt Prime Blueprints from a pubbie's relic. I have a spare set of Systems, would anyone be interested in trading for Neuroptics/Chassis?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I found some Very Important Information for Nidus players: which colours from which palettes trigger the bloom effect.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/5uu7re/energy_colour_comparison_for_nidus_ravenous/

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Christ, I need 1510 ducks to get everything I want. :negative:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Kraken (maybe used in a BP for another gun?)

Get rid of the MK-1s as soon as you finish levelling them up. Kraken is indeed a component in the Kulstar, so you may want to keep that.

Here's the list of the weapons used as parts:
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_Required_as_Crafting_Ingredients

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

kxZyle posted:

Thanks for participating, guys! Enjoy the weekend.
Hey, thank you for doing this! Got mine, will be formaing heavily really soon. :unsmigghh:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I could use a bit of a pointer; since this is the double XP weekend and kxZyle was awesome enough to do the booster giveaway, I am currently sitting on 4x XP and I kinda have no idea what to do with it.

I've got a plan for my frames (level up the ones I have at 0, then dump like 4 forma into Mesa and one into Nidus to change his aura polarity), but weapon-wise, I'm kinda lost.

Anything I should start researching builds for/dumping forma into? /edit: Or anything that's not here that I 100% should be getting?

Primaries:

Secondaries:

Melee:

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 27, 2018

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I'd written this last night after my post asking for weapon suggestions, and never posted it. Whoops.

MJ12 posted:

You should probably be formaing your Astilla a bunch.

Tigris P also deserves forma, it's one of the most powerful weapons in the game at 100% status because it inflicts a ton of high-damage slash procs.

Vectis P is one of the best sniper rifles and should also get a few forma.

LtSmash posted:

For primaries you could toss a couple forma at the arca plasmor to shoot big waves of murder plasma. A forma or two in your bow of choice for sorties or if you like another forma in the lenz if you are okay with killing yourself.

~secondary/melee snip~

I read good things about the Astilla and Arca Plasmor but I arleady sank a few forma into the Hek and the Corinth and wanted to move away from shotguns for a bit before coming back to those. Tigris Prime I'm waiting until Baro comes with the electricity dualstat so I can go for 100% status, I'm a bit iffy about having to reload after every click/release.

I ended up putting another forma on Lenz, which is now a 4-forma monstrosity and does 5k impact damage just with the arrow hit.

I put one in Dread for now, and I'll start working on Vectis since I want something for the Plains.

Melee, I gotta be honest: I love the Jat Kittag with Vulcan Blitz, It's just hilarious on infested survivals. I put a forma on Galatine Prime and Lesion for now as well.

Finally, secondaries.

Maxwell Adams posted:

I think you should build up a secondary weapon with high crit chance. It looks like you've got a good thing going there with your Akstilletos, but that weapon is made for status builds. Mesa's Peacemaker is all about crits, so if you want to get the most out of Mesa, you need a secondary loaded with crit mods. You've already got Lex Prime and Pandero, which are both pretty great choices. I really like the Pandero personally, but it starts with no polarities and you can easily sink 4 forma into it if you've got Primed Pistol Gambit and Primed Target Cracker to slot in there.

You should also check out the Knell, it's a gimmicky pistol that you'll either love or hate. The Knell is all about carefully landing a headshot, and then spamming as many shots as possible, hoping to land some more headshots to keep the buff going.
This is my current Stiletto setup (the one that says "solo" has corrosive for armour stripping, but it's the same crit-wise).

I'm still missing Primer Target Cracker (which is why I haven't put the 4th forma in there yet), but once I top up that Gambit I should be at 43% crit chance so it's not bad?

*Looks up Pandero*
*106.5% crit chance*

God dammit.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Broose posted:

Unfortunately, Mesa's Peacemaker doesn't look at the base gun stats, just the mods, excluding rivens and conditional buff mods (like bladed rounds or argon scope or whatever). So slapping on the crit mods and elementals and fire rate if really all you need to do.

Peacemakers also have their own base stats. 25% crit rate i believe, last time I read about it a year ago.

That would explain why I remember seeing a mesa build with the Stilettos; I remember the toxocysts were the go-to weapon since they transferred some proc over, but those were patched?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

˙uo ƃuıoƃ s,ʇɐɥʍ ǝɹns ʇou ¿ʇı ɥʇıʍ ʇɔɐɹǝʇuı ʇ,uplnoɔ ı uǝɥʇ puɐ ǝsıou pɹıǝʍ ɐ ǝpɐɯ ʇı ʇnq ʇsod ǝɥʇ ǝʇonb oʇ pǝıɹʇ ı

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
QoL change: make syndicate emblems a frame-wide setting instead of per-frame.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

alphabettitouretti posted:

Just started playing this...I would like to join the goon clan, but should I wait until I'm a bit further in? Just got the foundry part.

Sign up and start building your dojo key asap so we can set you up with the newbie care package. Hop in the Discord as well, we've had a few people start playing recently so it's quite lively.

Well, it usually is, but now we're actually discussing the game instead of going on FF14 tangents. :v:

/edit:

Dr Cheeto posted:

I just finished War Within

does anyone tell you where the quills live?
You need to head into Cetus and start the "Personal Favour" quest from Konzu (The NPC that handles the bounties); after that questline is over you can find the door to The Quills on the right side of the map, you need to go into operator mode for it to open

If your question was "how the gently caress are you supposed to figure that out by yourself", then I have no idea; I googled it when I tried grabbing Energising Dash and it was locked.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jan 29, 2018

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

super sweet best pal posted:

I think you're supposed to see the door and say, "Hey, this looks like the doors from War Within," and go into Operator mode, but I'm not sure how that's even possible when the door is in an easy to miss back street, especially at night. They really need to put some more lanterns along the path.

But even if you happen to find it by sheer chance, the door doesn't do poo poo until you've finished Saya's Vigil, even going into anime boy mode.

Yapping Eevee posted:

Sorry, not sorry.

Wasn't complaining, especially considering I was guilty of a couple of those. Stones in glass houses and all that.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Titania is annoying but the's not that bad; I got all mosses (mossi?) in 2 runs of the asteroid tileset; I have the 2x Simaris enhancement for the scanner, but it still shouldn't take you more than 3 runs if you know where to look for the loving things (they're always on rocks, and usually on shaded places. Look under stairs and keep an eye for a on the jail tile, there's usually 2 patches between the railings and the walls).

/edit:

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 30, 2018

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Can't decide if I want Sweeper for Ammo Case or Taxon for Molecular Conversion :<

/fake edit: I'm using Helios Prime with the infinite scanner for now, but... is it worth it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I'm shite at valuing rivens; any of these good/worth anything?