Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Thirteen days.
No, but apparently the WarframeInternational stream (which streams at different times, including in ~4 hours from now) also provides drops. No idea what the upcoming drop is, though.

is a giveaway, but they might also do drops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

resting bort face posted:

Man, I really want to like this game, but it seems like mashing melee just trivializes 95% of the game.

after a while you have to spend some effort into getting enough together to trivialize the game, but it's definitely a game that wants you to feel powerful

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

dragonshardz posted:

...And?

Warframe is vaguely balanced around you, the player, being a goddamn superhero and breaking the world over your knee.

Even the dumbest meme options are hilarious and effective.

i mean 'this game isn't really compelling mechanically at the start' isn't really an unfair take for a new player

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
from the patch notes they come from the new rep vendor

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Arsonide posted:

It's been what like two days? In developer time that is nothing. The first few days you are typically only in critical bug-fixing mode, while you are doing that you observe the community's opinions on balance, then you address balance. Give them a moment drat.

I'm still a bit amazed there were people upset they couldn't sprint through the content to get frames in the helminth in the few hours before the daily reset

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
as a new player this medical bond bottleneck for the Fortuna factions really sucks

ticker isn't selling any and I ran a half dozen of the bounty that's supposed to reward them without a single result

(yes they drop from profit taker but you can't get carried to that boss unless you're at the rank that unlocks it)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Mailer posted:

Good thing that idea died with Ticker and they never based an entire new content expansion on it!

I can and have made constant progress on the new faction, whereas I've been stuck on the Fortuna rep for a week because I either have to chain run a single bounty and hope to get a reward I haven't seen once or hope a vendor sells the one item I need attainably

I would easily trade it for the new system

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
if you're playing the game so hard that 'limited turnins per hour' is a huge negative for you then you might need to step back and think about whether or not the content is meant to be speedrun like that

like, go out and stock up on items you want in the interim or something

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

This analysis is completely backwards. It's a change that makes getting everything done at a casual pace harder and less convenient. If you poopsock you'll eventually have a mountain of all the resources anyways and be relatively unaffected, but if you want to get things done in a reasonable amount of time (or in a small window set aside for the purpose) it sucks.

your complaint is that after you've farmed up and bought absolutely every token from every vendor you can't continue turning in stuff until the next hour. if you're thinking doing that is playing at 'a casual pace' I would disagree heavily

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
if daily standing is all you're talking about you can just do like five bounties and be done for a week thanks to mom tokens, though?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
as the person you started by replying to who was complaining about being stuck at maxed rep for a week with fortuna despite all my efforts to get enough medical bonds to progress, i'd think it'd be a worse system

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

That's not good either! But, again, there's not actually any essential relationship between the two. You could do neither.

(I also think it's silly to describe a one-time cost as a worse system than one that's less rewarding forever, but that's a separate thought.)

I don't really know what you mean by "neither" given that you were the one to put forward the choice in the first place, but if you mean "just don't bother with the fortuna rep" it isn't a one-time cost; you need medical bonds for every rank up for fortuna --and the heist bounties are locked behind that so no 'neither' is not an option given that i'd like to eventually do profit taker, use the little duck rep, and make xaku

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

quote:

Scintillant in the ‘Common’ tier of a Deimos Bounty now has correct rarity weights within that tier. Previously it was applying it’s ‘Rare’ tier drop chance within the ‘Common’ tier - it is now a ~18% drop chance.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

funkmeister posted:

nope, nerfing the 'outliers that people are dis proportionally using' to encourage other choices!

it is not a bad thing that they changed it from 'literally just put roar on everything and if you don't you're intentionally hampering yourself'

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
so a lot of builds I'm reading don't really seem to have a lot in the way of survivability as far as I can tell
is there other stuff that I'm missing that helps with that?
intrinsics from ML, arcanes, operator passives, companion mods I haven't seen, people just killing poo poo fast as they can?

signed someone with a cool hydroid prime farming build that got absolutely murdered trying to wander into a 55-60 level mission b/c they had a nightwave mission to finally deal with that lich dude who keeps yelling at me

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

temple posted:

Rank 5 liches spawn enemies that are more dangerous than the lich himself. Survivability is variable. I'd use a weapon that kills enemies quickly, switch to a frame that can, or switch to a frame that can tank lvl 100 enemies. Hydroid isn't that and every frame isn't good in all content.

that's not really my question

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
alright! so, what in general do various builds across various frames use to help survivability? are there intrinsics from ML, arcanes, operator passives, companion mods I haven't seen, or are people just killing poo poo fast as they can?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

finding caches is the worst and it took me 30 minutes to track down this one

note where I am on the minimap

flatluigi fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Sep 9, 2020

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
specters seem to be one of the easiest things to overlook as a new player, ngl

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Keep doing all the story quests, as well as going through the star chart. You'll find out why the moon isn't there (and good on you for noticing, I sure didn't until I found out)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
There's no noticeable performance impact either (even on my really aging 970) so it's definitely a good time for them to switch it over

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
turning run to a toggle is the first thing I'd recommend, as someone who had a similar problem

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
love to literally complain about free stuff

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

SkyeAuroline posted:

Some of us are back at work in person already.
(edit to probably-unnecessarily clarify: so a stream that requires "watch this for 30 minutes straight" on firewalled & monitored company internet while still appearing to work is not exactly an approach that works)

sorry you're working in a pandemic! leave the twitch stream open on your computer at home and you'll get the drops for when you're home quarantining from an outbreak and you get to play the videogame again

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
my point was basically that it's not a bad thing that you can get free poo poo from twitch drops and that nothing's really stopping them from doing other things alongside it. it's very unlikely they go 'no, twitch drops are good enough' and decide not to do other things (especially since they do do those other alerts and freebies and special weekends)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
install the epic version (which is just the launcher) and then use a junction to link the (not yet created) epic\warframe\downloaded folder to your steamlibrary\steamapps\common\warframe folder

something like this, in a command prompt you're running as administrator

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

endlessmonotony posted:

If copying doesn't work, neither will a symlink and copying is way easier and less likely to gently caress up.

good news! that's exactly what I did and it works flawlessly without having to have two full separate installs of warframe sitting on the harddrive

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
personally i'm hoping both for a good experience and for the devs to not get harassed over the holiday break about fixing things but you do you i guess

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
glad to hear you're Just Asking Questions

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

GreatGreen posted:

Never thought I'd see so many people defending Tencent / jumping on somebody who asks about it.

Neat.

gamers getting mad about tencent is 3/4ths racism and 1/8th actual misplaced concern + like it was already obliquely mentioned digital extremes has been owned by a chinese company since 2014

it genuinely doesn't matter materially

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

hazardousmouse posted:

I'm gonna admit to some ignorance, the only thing I really know about Tencent is "Big big chinese game company." Are they actually any worse than any other venture capital or game studio? Cause our local game industry ain't exactly paragons of ethical treatment of their teams and customers.

it's basically just that they're a chinese company, yeah. china is being propped up by the american right as the next big scary foreigners and now people like to treat everything coming from the country like it's the russian red scare all over again

i did enjoy the original person swinging in with the doomsaying also namedropping activision as if the company who hired a literal war criminal to consult on black ops 2 has suddenly decided to make their games less oo-rah super american after tencent picked up a whole 5% investment

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Prop Wash posted:

people sliding into this thread like Nezha with maximum friction mods to defend Tencent and accuse all its detractors of being *checks last ten posts* neo-Nazis, racists, capital-G Gamers, Sinophobic, gormless fucks

seriously though, feel free to detail exactly what you don't like about tencent b/c the last several times i've asked or seen other people ask have boiled down to

- general complaints about scary foreigners and their companies
- conflating tencent with the chinese government (including, quote, "how much it sucked that they made gog pull devotion from their store")
- literally breaking into anti-asian slurs

it's just a fuckin corporation like all those american corporations that nobody ever gives a poo poo about, even when they're pushing super direct influence and control (especially working hand in hand with the american military). warframe is going from one chinese parent company to another, that's all

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
thanks for the big post about how tencent's crime is 'being chinese' and also how good it is that the FBI and the CIA are nice to us Americans

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

temple posted:

Replace tencent with any us company.

this is essentially my point

- if it was an inevitability that chinese government control happens with every company that happens to be based in china, it'd already have happened to this game since, again, warframe has had a chinese parent company since 2014
- american companies already have a lot of the exact same issues (notably banning/punishing for stuff like ACAB and BLM while working directly with the american military and the FBI/CIA to portray them in a good light)
- people's hyperfixation on tencent is being stoked intentionally by people trying to foster anti-chinese sentiment in the US and it's really worth examining that in general

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

lmao

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
as a relatively new player the last time I considered interacting with the lich was the first time I found myself actually reading the part of the wiki page where it turned out i needed to farm up a bunch of things first to actually have the possibility of taking down the lich

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

temple posted:

Requiem relics are pretty ez. Do murmurs to get a few then the trick is to run a long kuva survival and you get most of the requiem mods.

i haven't actually bothered to do it, i just kind of was amused that it took me four or five visits of that page to actually grasp that somewhere in that mess of description of mechanics was an entire preliminary layer that i had been missing the whole time

TheParadigm posted:

They're tradable btw. you can just like, bum spares from goons.

yeah, I also figured that was the case but I also haven't bothered to go ask

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
some people want a really simple kit and to stop thinking about having to do anything more complex with it, and some people want to figure out how to make a seemingly less-immediately-optimal setup work with all the tools the game provides to do so

both are fine ways to play the game (do whatever you enjoy the most) but it's really not a bad thing that you can choose to go down either path

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
they're revamping the twitch drop system to twitch's newer system to try to get it to not break for people as much

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1249107-warframe-twitch-drops-20-coming-february-16th/

on first read it's 'oh no do i have to be actively watching and click a button' but no, if you get to be eligible for it by leaving the stream open, you can just click the button in your twitch inventory next time you're at your computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
no, Screaming Idiot, i don't want the zero-effort free item to turn into a must-play-the-game item