Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

everyone was posting about this game in the steam thread and i got some free stuff from twitch prime so i made an account last night.

maybe i should have read the op before picking the apparently bad assault rifle and pistol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

IAmTheRad posted:

Mk-1 has one purpose.

Max rank it for the mastery points, replace immediately after and sell it for those precious slots.

oops i bought the better one for 25k and immediately sold the starter one. oh well.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

in order to leave earth i need to kill 2 more... enemies that start with an e. where do i find them

i think they are just boss enemies? pretty sure i got 1 when i killed vor but i havent seen any pop up in the other missions ive done so far.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

my new laptop can run this well instead of struggling with 30fps so im trying it again. bouncing all over the place at such a lovely variable framerate was actually making me motion sick i think.

anyway, i bound crouch to q which made sliding and diving way smoother. any other suggestions for keybinds?

also is there a daily limit to these twitch drops?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if anything it could hit you in your data cap if you have one but you can leave it at 160p or chat only to minimize that.

did you get banned from poe? someone in the thread said you did but i figured you just got bored of looking for flask macro workarounds

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

when im looking at levels on missions do i compare to my frame level or weapon level or some other level?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

at some point i got a sugatra from twitch prime rewards. i can see it in my inventory but cant see any way to equip or use it. what is it?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

can confirm. i just installed it a couple days ago and there was a popup about the game being in beta.

Ferrovanadium posted:

You equip it to your melee weapons under the appearance menu and it just sorta dangles from the hilt. DE really loved them for a bit, made a bunch, and still makes new ones occasionally. I've never seen any player who ever actually gave a poo poo about sugatras.

lmao i found it and its so tiny what the hell

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Dec 11, 2018

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

what am i missing in this jackal fight? it seems like i am maybe supposed to use these bombs the drones bring in to blow him up but it isnt working and 1 leg takes roughly 150 bullets to kill.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ok so exactly what i was doing but i am doing like no damage at all while he kills me in 2 seconds. is he supposed to be lvl 18 while everything else in the mission was like 7?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah, like i just tried again and straight up ran out of ammo with him at about 85% life. my character name is AwesomeSA

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i was trying to solo it yes. hundredbears helped me out and now i can progress to mercury

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i unlocked syndicates. can anyone give me a quick rundown on what the hell i am looking at here?

also i really want a non-flawed serration mod for my gun so i looked it up in the database and it listed earth with some node names but it got cut off after 1 and 1 letter of the next. can i scroll the list somehow? it didnt seem like i could.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thanks for the syndicate info. i also unlocked the thing in my ship that lets me look at relics. apparently i have been earning upgrade currency for these things from somewhere? i assume i dont want to upgrade any of these lower lvl ones i have until i hit the cap at least.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

where did the upgrade currency come from? i have like 80

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ah that makes sense, i opened a few of them.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

theres no way to trade credits for endo is there?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ive already dusted all my lovely mods. if i wanted to specifically farm a lot of mods are any of the mission types better?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

HundredBears posted:

The wiki tends to be best for that sort of information. It will tell you drop chance and rotation, both of which are nice to know when farming something. For Serration, though, the highest drop chance is in the clan dojo. People have plenty of the basic damage/multishot/elemental damage/critical chance/critical damage mods lying around, so just ask for them in chat and be sure to have a few thousand credits for each mod that you need so that you can afford the trade tax.

ill try to get one myself first and ask for one if i get frustrated. gotta teach myself to fish. on that note, can you tell me how to read this?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ok thanks. and that is completely separate from the chance of an enemy dropping the part right? the only enemies that have a chance to drop the mod directly are the specific ones listed in the enemy section?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

my mission to farm my own serration mod last night was successful. also scored that warframe part blueprint. then i looked up hornet strike and saw it drops in exactly the same place but i didnt get any of those :( will probably ask for one and the shotgun one later since i hit rank 4 and have a hek cooking.

while i was farming the spy mission i noticed that there were several stages of added security that popped up after i had been farming for awhile. then they all disappeared after some more runs and it went back to the normal security. is there some mechanism that makes missions harder if you consecutively farm them?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it didnt seem like it had anything to do with alarms. for like an hour or two every time i went into the vault with the waterfall you slide down there were security gates that turned on and off and a little drone that set off the alarm the second it saw you. then they were gone after awhile. the one where you fall down the waterpipe with extendable walkways always had security gates at the ends of the walkways and the little drone again. i was only setting off alarms from the drones so i dont think they were spawning from previous alarms.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

HAMAS HATE BOAT posted:

Earth missions have a day/night cycle and night side missions have more automated defenses like sensor regulators, daytime will have more live guards. You may have played over that transition.
ah thats probably it. i think the drones replaced a guard spawn now that you mention it.

e: is there a good way to kill those drones without them going off? it seemed like even if i got the drop on it and shot before it saw me it still started the alarm.

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Dec 15, 2018

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i just found a rush and now i dont ever want to take it off

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

logged on to see ssmagus had gifted me a couple weapon slots. thanks dude :)

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

A Real Horse posted:

Finally downloaded this last night. This is way more fun than I would have expected from a f2p game. Applied to the clan in the OP, sorry in advance for the millions of questions. In game name is Unicornicus.

check my posts from the last week ive asked a lot of stupid newbie questions

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

why did i even bother joining syndicates? i dont have the materials to do anything useful with them until like the end of the storyline and now i get lvl 35 gank squads in my missions that i cant deal with from the negative ones.

no one mentioned the gank squads

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 18, 2018

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Tylana posted:

Though if you have Loka hating you, their hit squads are a bit rough.

the poison is loving bullshit :mad:

rank 2 requires a forma which i dont want to ask people for since they are useful and stuff. i will be able to make 1 myself when i get some neural mods or something.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Tylana posted:

Or shoot them with your goon approved Hek.
also i feel like my hek is kind of maxed out now at 30 power. im using point blank, hells chamber and seeking fury ranks 4/3/3. are there better mods i could be using with status effects? do i need to put a catalyst in it? i have a blueprint for one but i wanted to save it for something i was planning on using more long term.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Any weapon you're actually going to use for purposes beyond grinding MR needs a Catalyst
ok i wasnt sure about that.

Kyrosiris posted:

You'll get more potatoes, also Hek is really long-term as-is. :v:
yeah when i was looking at all those rank 9+ guns thinking "drat im never going to want to touch this hek again" i was probably underestimating how long its going to take to get there. also probably highly overvaluing a single potato.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

AwesomeSA

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

what is corpro i see you guys say it all the time

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thank you for the forma, mirarant! my steel meridian overlords will be pleased.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

alphabettitouretti posted:

MERRY CHRISTMASHAPPY HOLIDAYS

FREE poo poo.

(3x) Forma 3-pack
(3x) reactor or catalyst
(3x ) frame slot
(3x) inventory slots
Riven slots
Saryn Prime Relic Pack
Tigris Prime
Tiberon Prime
Silva & Aegis Prime
Hydroid Prime
Mirage Prime
Valkyr Prime

You must be under MR16. PC only, natch.

Choose one. Reply to this and say what you want, including your IGN.

bah would love mirage but im still only rank 5, rip.

i think the most useful to me right now would be a warframe slot or a forma 3 pack. name is AwesomeSA

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Gitro posted:

Fashionframe, a colour palette of your choice.
please hit me with that classic saturated

AwesomeSA

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

3 days until rhino. praying no junctions require me to craft some dumb thing in the meantime :pray:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

holy fuuuuck

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thank god i learned this 1 week in and not like 3 months in

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Sazabi posted:

:frogsiren: Attention fellow Tenno. :frogsiren: After some initially profitable and legitimate business dealings with a long necked aquatic fowl. I was introduced to some people on the wrong side of the railjacks. Now I'm in deep with Red Veil, like I'm revered with them. They said they wanted me to start pushing daggers and bows, you know real archaic weapons just like the grineer. I'd say know or report them to the relay police but I already took there dirty plat. I can't run since they got hit squads. I can't give it back. So now I'm desperate, delusional, and running out of time. Like a thrice shunned loser I've constructed a fantasy in which they'll let me go if I just get rid of money. Maybe they will forget about the plat, or follow it instead of hunting me. That's where you come in.

:siren: :siren: :siren: Welcome to my spontaneous generous giftimus extravaganza! PC only :siren: :siren: :siren:

It's simple. The next 10 or so Tenno simply have to respond with:
1: IGN
2: your ideal gift(deluxe skin, Warframe, or something that cost a lot of plat).
3: what you want with a soft cap of 100 plat(if you ask for a combination of frame and weapon slots that goes to say 115 p I won't mind).
4: shout-out to someone in the clan who you think does good work helping others.
5: your promise that you aren't an agent of Res Veil and promise not to snitch on me.

1. AwesomeSA
2. some hard to get frame that i wont want to farm for. i think khora looks really cool.
3. some combination of potatoes/forma.
4. a bunch of goons have given me so many mods and gifts. teleprompter gave me like all the basic warframe mods i was looking for last night. ten pound terry gifted me a bunch of stuff when i was like "WTF IS GOING ON :mad:" during my first stalker encounter. i would have to pull up my mail to remember all the names at this point but really thank you to everyone that has helped me.
5. red veil wants to kill the poo poo out of me

Inzombiac posted:

:siren: THE NEXT THREE PEOPLE:siren:
to quote this post will get a color palette of their choosing (or two potatoes of their choice)

Don't be greedy! This is for newer people!

Post your IGN!

if no one else wants 2 potatoes i certainly do. 2 catalysts please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thank you for the potatoes and the forma :kimchi: