Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I am loving the Switch version of this game. But I am going only melee because I loving hate aiming on anything that is not a mouse. Does gyro controls help at all? I tried to use it but it didn't feel right.

Side note, is there a Goon clan on Switch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Thranguy posted:

Over in the console thread one is assembling, yes.

Thank ya

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The new Wukong feels like a blender. It is so fun.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Here is the Wukong build I am using. I feel like it is overkill but it clears maps like nothing else I've ever played. I am still fairly new to the game so you can just ignore the arcanes, they are all I have :smith:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

FunkyFjord posted:

Here's what I settled on. I decided that I didn't really need a ton of duration on Wukong, he's got decent energy so as long as your duration is positive the drain on his 4 isn't that bad, Defy likes duration but doesn't really need it because it any hairy situation you're getting enough damage to hit 1500 armor in two seconds easy, and Cloud Walker definitely likes also likes duration but two or three seconds of that is enough to zip through spy vaults for me. The only thing I plan on changing is swapping out probably Augur Secrets for his Iron Staff augment.

I also slapped together an umbral build that only has those, corpro, blind rage, primed cont, and adaptation. Did that mostly for the base armor buff as it ended up with less strength than this build, but it is survival overkill.

Primed Reach is probably really nice on his 4 but I haven't had any problems with range. By default most attacks are as big or bigger than standard hallways, and that first attack in his distance closing combo has some pretty silly forward range. I went with CO on his staff because it can't use Blood Rush, which makes me think stacking gladiator mods is a totally valid thing to do but I haven't experimented with it. Gas and electric tag multiple things per proc and all crowds die in a hit or two, this thing can shred Noxes quickly for a melee. Drifting Contact also makes perfect sense, more status chance and the combo duration are aces. I decided to run with Naramon instead in order to fit some elec on here without dropping anything else.

E: This isn't a critique really. This works quite well for me but your build looks perfectly fine, especially if you have enough str for iron staff and the duration feels real nice.

Noooo don't think it's a critique I appreciate it. A Youtuber said that the Gladiator mods on your droid work on you, so that is why I put that picture there too. I think I might replace one of the duration mods with Rage. A few times yesterday I actually ran out of energy, but my Zaw is basically the same build as the iron staff so I just kept spinning till I got more.

But yeah, with the range (not even maxed) I am doing roll attacks and wiping our whole room of level 80's. It is seriously a loving lawnmower, and it made my Pro Controller vibrate so much I needed to turn it off for fear of it exploding.

I have not had this much fun with a frame since I got Saryn Prime. Can't wait to see how hard I can push this build.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

thylacine posted:

I've found Wuklone is most aggressive with a secondary. I tried throwing him up in a defense with the Soma Prime and he just kind of walked around trying to look like he was working. But in other missions when I make sure my Catchmoon is in his hands, he's blasting everybody all over the place.

Also I found out yesterday that when you're fishing, he switches to melee. So, if you want good fishing defense, just equip the one weapon you want him to use (he will even shoot dropships when they're in a certain range - usually as the Grineer are jumping off.)

Yeah, my clone with Catchmoon is a loving monster.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Anora posted:

Got a 75% off coupon, so I sold some Prime stuff and got Nukong. He's good, really like Defy. Also finished up Loki Prime.

Still need to work on Baruuk, Khora, and Harrow, but they are kind of annoying to get.

You could have gotten it for regular credits :smith:...

Also, is anyone else having energy problems with Wukong? His staff is great but it kills my energy relatively quickly. Without sacrificing too much duration I can get the energy cost down to like 1.7 per second, but I feel like it is still draining super quickly.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jun 28, 2019

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Helter Skelter posted:

Slot more duration and/or pop in Hunter Adrenaline/Rage, maybe?

The irony of Rage is that I kill things too quickly for them to do damage. I suppose that's a good problem lol. But yeah I will do more testing with that when I get home. IIRC Hunter Rage or whatever is better than the regular one. So I will try to see if that resolves the issue. Maybe I will stand still and take a few hits...

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Helter Skelter posted:

Also remember you can just turn off your 4 sometimes

Lies.

FunkyFjord posted:

It's also real easy to run a CO build on Wukong, tossing gladiator mods on a sentinel or whatever for real crit bonuses as Mesadoram pointed out, and as such you can either gas people to death or proc a lot of corrosive real quick.

I would have never thought that it works like that until I saw that video. It's magical :allears:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Echophonic posted:

Basically, the 666 amp is really fun, hail satan.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Is that 6PM EST? I love Nekros and this prime version looks awesome.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I am going to be at a baseball game :(. Hope either you guys or reddit post the code. I would hate to miss such an awesome frame :smith:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

njsykora posted:

It's not a code, it's a Twitch drop so it's automatically added to your account after watching for 30 minutes.

Oh, well then I will just have it running in my phone lol.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Wait, low EFF with Nekros causes his loot skill to cost more health? Well poo poo, that explains a lot.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Does ESO give good focus? I am severely lacking in my focus levels, and while it is not a necessity having more energy gains is always nice.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Awesome! posted:

its a reasonable way of reaching your daily cap. ideally you want an eidolon lens on a killframe like volt saryn equinox etc.

i got 90%+ of my focus from grinding eidolons.

I never did an Eidolon :smith:. I feel like if I just bite the bullet and pub it once I will understand it. Or I could just not be a pleb and loving read about it...

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Slash procs are good, Plague zaws have innately high Viral, Viral + Slash are good together, and it only takes 2 statuses for CO to be good, more just makes it amazing.

I made a staff plague saw, I feel like I made the wrong choice. It does a gently caress ton of crit but is missing a lot of slash.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So I think I just rolled something amazing...

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Goa Tse-tung posted:

really amazing zaw rivens have a negative and +reach, but that's like 300k kuva away, so grats

Good to know. Time to re-roll when I get some Kuva :unsmith:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I feel kind of like a dumbass for this question, but when you guys are talking about 222 are you referring to the tier of vendor that you can buy the part?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

njsykora posted:

Kinda yeah. The first parts you can buy from the Quills make up the 111 amp, then the 2-4 are the rest of the Quills stuff in order, and the 5-7 are the amp parts that come from Little Duck in Fortuna. So an x27 amp is whichever prism you like most, the 2nd brace from the Quills, and the top level scaffold from Little Duck.

Ah that makes sense. Thank ya.

Improbable Lobster posted:

F123 are also just called 5, 6, 7

poo poo, thank ya man that is awesome

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I think this happened to me before but I don't know what it means. After a mission a box appeared in the top left corner of my screen and some weird alien language started to appear. Is this just flavor or does that trigger something?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Awesome! posted:

its just a little easter egg thing that pops up randomly. i think the writing is orokin or something

Good to know, scared the poo poo out of me regardless for some reason.

Quill posted:

a space ghost is making you a bootycall

I am into this

I am much less into this

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I love my Equilibrium Nekros Prime. With my spine-to-win scythe he turns enemies into exploding loot pinatas. But If I was just starting off, he would probably be just ok. He needs certain mods and weapons to really shine.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:allears:

The gently caress is this game anymore?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

njsykora posted:

No-one actually knows, we're just going along for the ride at this point.

Warframe: Come for the Ninjas, Stay for the Beach Balls

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Anora posted:

I've only seen that happen once. I was running Jupiter's spy mission to learn the routes for it, and halfway through the beam blasting part the vault just finished, I was a little sad since I wanted to learn it.

What the gently caress did I just find?

https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1161659347480399872

:thunk:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Woot got all the parts for Wu Prime.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Wukong is one of the most fun frames for me. He is rather versatile and can lay out some pain with his helicopter. Also, that trick with the gladiator mod on my Droid synergies with the iron pole so I get a baby blood lust.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Target Practice posted:

Speaking of builds, I've been leaning super hard on Rhino and I'm currently leveling Rhino Prime. But that seems super easy to build so this isn't about that.

I've also got Saryn Prime because a Nurgle devotee seems cool. I can't quite get the rhythm down with the spores and poo poo. Clan chat said to build an Ignis, hit stuff with 1, hit 3 and just go ham with the Ignis to spread spores.

Other than that, how should I build her? Like I said, I've been relying on Rhino to keep me safe despite my poo poo gameplay.

I wish I was at home to post my build, but IIRC I did duration and range with her Molt aug. Duration for the weapon buff and range to spread Nurgle's blessing to the whole map.

She synergies super well with Ignis due to her weapon buff. It becomes a stream of pure death, it is pretty silly.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Random question, what fish do you all put in your two fish tanks? I was thinking small rare fish in the middle (so they can swim around) and small common in the other ones.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:discourse:

njsykora posted:

I have Synathids in my main tank and Goopollas in the side tanks.

I do love the look of the Synathids... Mmm going to need to do some experimenting.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

njsykora posted:

Nukor (inflation gun)

Wait, so like the Microwave Expander from Duke Nukem?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

njsykora posted:

I never played Duke so can't say, but it inflates whatever part of the enemy you shoot it at. With Harrow there's a weird interaction where you can give it over 100% crit (it has 3% normally) and at that point you're popping enemies like balloons.

In Duke it basically does that. You shoot the enemies. They balloon and explode. Might need to make a build around the Nukor...

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So I finally beat Octavia's quest and I am building the Chanteuse as we speak, so what can I expect? Is she as broken as people say?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Travic posted:

But I have to write music.

That other people might hear. :suicide:

I will try to make E1M1.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Jezz... That is pretty crazy

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Travic posted:

I really want the Liset Prime, but I don't want to lose my masterpiece of a landing craft.

:barf:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Is it live for everything or just PC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I bought the Druk music pack. I am now ready to blast E1M1 in every game I am in from this point forward.

Octavia is really awesome, I am not sure why more people don't play her.