Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.

katkillad2 posted:

I made it through once and then at the end of the mission it errored out and said the results couldn't be saved :smith:.

Unless my group was doing something wrong, the second boss was incredibly tough. I got that you shoot it in the legs to get it to be vulnerable, but every time we did that it would take like 5% damage at the very most.

Once you get super buff mods for your guns, you can just burn through the shield on the boss and take it down without shooting the legs. But that comes much later on, and the way it was intended was to take down its legs to hit the body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

necrobobsledder posted:

Didn't someone say earlier in the thread that you can't use Loki to cheese the rank 8 mastery test anymore?

I cheesed it a few days ago, might have changed over the weekend.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I did some Pokémon Snap in the void last night and I found out that corrupted lancers drop the toxin damage for rifles. I could see us goons running a buncha void survival.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

All the levels were compressed a bunch, level 40 is the new level 100 enemy.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Pathogen Rounds now drops from Anti-Moa, run Elara on Jupiter for best results!

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Valkyr's 4th replaces your weapons with killer claws, but I guess early on it used a Furax as a placeholder and lo and behold buggin out. :psylotus:

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Feenix posted:

Anyone know why my Sentinel disappeared mid-match? Was that just a glitch? (I also couldn't swing my sword...)

The best way to solve this is to get knocked down again, I've been able to reproduce this bug by casting a spell while a heavy grineer is doing their stomp, you dodge the stun but are unable to melee until you are knocked down again.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

fookolt posted:

So when people talk about ODD (Orokin Derelict Defense) is that like the T1/2/3 defense keys or something different?

Orokin Derelict is where you get mutagen samples and is a run down version of the regular Void, I think the enemies are around level 25 when you start.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Fish Noise posted:

Ignis was absolutely horrid at the very beginning, to the point where it had trouble breaking crates. I seem to recall that it couldn't even hit multiple targets.

Now look at Ignis today. I think it's one of the few major successes that keep people from giving up on DE.

The Ignis could break crates but wasn't AOE, it was the Dera who had problems breaking crates early on. A slow 7 base damage projectile it was pretty awful.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Leap attacks may be bugged and should probably scale with +attack damage, but Charge attacks have their own damage modifiers (Killing Blow, Rending Strike, and Corrupt Charge).

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Yeah, Pressure point only affects regular attacks. Elemental mods however, are based off of whichever attack type you use on the dude, so Charge attacks benefit greatly from those.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

limited posted:

One thing does confuse me though, sometimes smaller, blue bars pop up with a random number ( Usually about 60-ish? ) and I have no idea what they are. :psyduck: I know the PS4 version is pretty drat buggy, but it's not consistent enough to be team-mates doing damage.

Smaller blue bars with numbers should be XP that you get for killing the enemy.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Rivensteel posted:

gently caress. My team had it, we won easily and it was in my list of rewards. Then I got disconnected at the results screen and it's not in my inventory.

Who do I whine at?

at Warframe.com log in and go to support, they're really cool about it.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

ullerrm posted:

They're both decent, but they're very different guns.

* The Seer is good for sniping and headshots above all else; it has the highest base damage per shot of any pistol, and a very powerful zoom. The projectile is a physics object that travels, rather than being hitscan; however, it's an extremely fast projectile, so you almost don't notice it. The main downsides is that it has a tiny clip, it has a very low chance to crit, and it's almost all Puncture damage -- meaning that it's very effective against Grineer (especially since you can head-shot them) and nearly useless against Corpus.

Iirc the Seer is perfectly split along all three damages, I think you might be thinking Lex which is predominantly piercing.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

- Hammer and Staff weapons now ragdoll enemies on charged attacks.

:black101: returns.

Edit: I don't think the Snow Globe Nerf will last very long. Maybe they'll make it limit 1 with much more health or no health. Although, I always used it to drop on a bunch of enemies so I could melee all of them unless I was playing defense.

HukHukHuk fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Feb 6, 2014

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

doomfunk posted:

Got a Gorgon blueprint for logging in. I like the idea of the Gorgon - is it any good? What should I do with it, aside from shoot things and fill it with a potato and many jigsaw puzzle pieces?

It's a solid gun, but atm, a Soma at rank 6 is far better. It used to have the pinpoint first shot accuracy and higher damage but if you like it go ahead and potato/forma it like I did.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Sleepy Owl posted:

Spot the error: (besides my horrible framerate :qq:)

Killing blow isn't maxed! Also make it a Prova for maximum police brutality. :science:

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Rip Charge attacks, long live Furax prostate exams. I am pretty excited for Melee 2.0 though. I'm also always willing to taxi goons/splinter goons to whatever alerts/give out spare mods for you newer players.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

It's the Gooneer!

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Gestalt Intellect posted:

You can make the Torid questionably useful under certain circumstances but it will never be any fun.

If you want both fun and useful from dojo weapons, get the Ogris and never look back.

Sticking your friends with fartbombs, castanas, and teslas is always fun.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Croccers posted:

Because I haven't had any loving invaders spawn for loving months, that's why I don't have it. I swear DE have fiddled with things so I buy it instead of build it. Sure I have the plat but piss off.

The Marelok is a schematic you buy in the Grineer Lab, you're thinking the Brakk which is also :drat: good

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I found a single nauseous crawler last night, a blessed thing, doing one of those infested sabotage alerts no one would ever do. Thing paid out a Homing Fang stance. Hail RNG.

Edit: All those garbage alerts that pop up seem to have a higher chance of spawning rare enemy types, like nauseous crawlers, leech ospreys and powerfists, do them if you're looking for mods they drop.

HukHukHuk fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Apr 28, 2014

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Chocobo posted:

I haven't played since melee 2.0 landed. Did stances actually make the poo poo melee weapons viable? How about pure melee builds?

Get the Dragon Nikana (TRUE HANZO STEEL), mod it out for max attack damage and cut everything apart with it. You don't even need a single forma to max it out if you happen on one of the stances.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Also all the old charge damage weapons suffer from low base damage and channel at the same multiplier as any other weapon. So even a single Heat Sword probably out damages the Galatine.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Sandweed posted:

From what?

Any form of Grineer Seeker drops the rare hammer stance.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

You also do like 4x the melee damage while in stealth, so you can just wail on them with a properly modded up melee weapon while invisible and it kills them near instantly. I did it with radiation viral kogake, never really doing the stealth attack and just punching them in the back of the head.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I want to say that those mods will probably enter nightmare rotation eventually. Like with Lethal Torrent and those set.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

:siren: Blaze Alert PC for next 40 minutes :siren:

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I have a terrible feeling that the power creep they keep introducing will make this impossible.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

FirstPersonShitter posted:

I am not normally the main dude of power creep complaining but the angsturm feels totally ridic. I feel sad for my ogris sitting there in the corner, gathering dust, because my space rocket pistol shoots a spray that covers my entire field of view.

The best way to achieve maximum rocket saturation is to use both the Ogris and the Angstrum. :getin:

Edit: If they do go all-in on PVP, at least there will be people assigned to tweaking stats instead of just everyone making new stuff, hopefully.

HukHukHuk fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 25, 2014

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

hooah posted:

On a different note, how can I go about figuring out how much to rank up my corrupted mods?

Many fusion cores, rare 10 level mods take forever to level up, unless you lucked out on a legendary core, it'll take awhile.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

hooah posted:

My question was whether or not I should level them all the way up or not. Does that depend on what I'll be putting them in?

I think the efficiency one is the only one you don't want to level all the way, efficiency is capped at I think either 75 or 80%. Blind Rage you may or may not want to max depending on whether or not you want positive energy usage. The weapon ones I'm not so sure but I know Tainted Shell maxed out is amazing on the sweeper as it turns its shotgun into a sniper rifle, then you put it on a Djinn and have it snipe things from 60m away.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I think it would just be stacking crit on top of crit.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Stug(Bio Gun) and Angstrum(A bronco with rockets instead of pellets) are also pretty good pistols and you don't even need clantech for them.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Hrm, the level I was just in had nothing but techs and snipers for crewmen, and those guys already hit really hard to begin with. Regular dudes don't hit nearly as hard in comparison.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

It really feels like these are the new mobs that are more lethal and less spongy, since I was cutting them down in droves with my hanzo steel.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Barkleyframe does need a Heavy Impact though, otherwise the dunks just aren't there.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I believe that stealth damage bonus is just 4x on top of everything.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Forma Alert on PC Woop Woop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Absorb is amazing now that you can toggle it. Knock everything down or kill it Nyx is one of the best frames to survive pubbies with.