Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I just started playing this and thought it was okay, pretty fun. Then a friend told me how to bullet jump and I can't stop doing it. I need to bind it to a single key so I can just push the bullet jump key forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

where's the best place to get plastids to actually build Rhino? Don't hate me but it took 4 runs for me to get all 3 parts so uh, something close to Mars would be best since I'm not past that yet. I've heard Phobos?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Heh. That’s the truth alright.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

he1ixx posted:

The tutorial videos say "Clear all of the flashing nodes on each planet to progress." but on Earth, I hit a point where I can go to Cetus or work on collecting mods to unlock Venus.

I asked the same question and plains of eidolon means earth is both the tutorial and endgame planet now, which is probably why it seems more confusing than average for Warframe

just do what each solar rail asks you to do and move on. Other planets won't have this weird bullshit going on, probably.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

One thing to note about the go to venus -> get rhino plan is you will need some help getting the components to build the thing after. Get a friend or ask in clan chat. My Rhino is still cooking away in my 3d printer and it took far longer for me to get the crafting pieces than to get the blueprints.

Also. I have a Soma Prime, and I have some Formas. What should I look at putting in the thing to really boost it up? Max out a Serration and make sure that's in a forma slot, sure. Then ...???

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Is there anything in game which tracks what I’ve gotten to 30 for MR or do I need an enormous spreadsheet from hell

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Haha alright, thanks. I got dragged through a couple index runs and went on a buying spree and shoved a lot of things into my printer, then I realized I need more money and the dojo has at least 4 frames worth of blueprints and :shepface:

I would never be able to keep track of what I have used without the help so this is good to hear.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

RFC2324 posted:

all i want for Christmas is more frame slots. this game is already gonna keep me annoyed as hell because i gotta catch them all

:same:

notpsion, in game. I need every frame, clearly.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

honestly if there was a way to gift thousands of polymer bundles i'd probably ask for that. I need SO MUCH OF IT. :sigh:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Broose posted:

So far I only got Nate405 and possibly Gillermus(?) that has taken up my offer. Anyone else? Quote my post, type your in-game name, and if you want the combination of slots you want.

well okay, notpsion, how about three frames and six weapons? I think that equates out to 96?

:)

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Broose posted:

I got distracted while sending both of your gifts. Did you two get all of them from the friendly VCR man? In fact if anyone didn't get them all from the VCR dude, please tell me.

I got mine and thank you so much! I had so much poo poo sitting in my foundry and now it is in my inventory and now it is time to grind for MR!

but with a smile :v:

seriously that was a huge help.

e: why didn't anyone tell me these Kronen are enormous sword-wings when holstered on my back? It's hilarious on Rhino with a huge cape. I look like some 90s version of Batman.

Psion fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Dec 13, 2017

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

What's the best way to get another little drone buddy? Taxon's pretty great but I think I should branch out. I've heard it's cheaper (or at least reasonably economical) to just buy with plat vs building and popping a potato in there?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

okay, I've got to ask since I see it in chat, discord, and everywhere: what is corpro and why do I want it

i've got this really nice ammo drum to trade for it? :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

well that sounds awesome, is there a specific place I should look to farm it

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Sazabi posted:

:frogsiren:With the recent elections causing a great rift between family and friends who forgot which side America was on during WW2. The money I saved for holidays gifts is virtually untouched. AND THAT MEANS I'M PASSING THE SAVINGS ON TO YOU!:frogsiren: So like I guess Neo made all streamlined, so same guidelines with the things.

i'm sorry about the IRL poo poo you're putting up with but I wholeheartedly like your plan :v:

SA: Psion
WF: notpsion
MR: 6 (hoping to hit 7 today though)
Giftwish: Classic Saturated and a Forma bundle or two. I need to make my frame look fantastic and to make my Soma do way more damage!

Mad Shoutout: ClonedPickle for being a+ good, all the Tennobaum gifters (watching Tallgeese manage gifting in chat was worth the price of admission alone) and the two people who carried my terrible self through a bunch of index runs a few nights ago, and kxZyle for dealing with my shameful lack of mesos to crack the other day.

basically 'put up with me being new, therefore bad' is a direct ticket to appreciation town

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

if I start wiggling my ship everyone usually follows suit. I wish there was a barrel roll button (or aileron roll, for the pedantic among us like, uh me)

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

S.J. posted:

Abandon archwing and just let me pilot my drat ship around freelancer style

Tenno Alpha One (pause) dash (pause) One, you are clear for launch.

we don't run this orokin derelict but we have an arrangement with the people who do

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Avulsion posted:

Seeing goons begging for slots and potatoes breaks my shrivelled black heart, chasing after paltry material goods in not in keeping with the true spirit of Tennobaum. What truly matters, is looking fabulous.

:siren: Tornavul's Discount FashionFrame Give-away. :siren:

5 Lucky Goons will each receive 200 platinum worth of cosmetics.

Only members of the PC Goon clan are eligible to enter.

To enter, simply quote this post and list 200 plat worth of shiny things along with your in game name. Show your math for full credit.

Cosmetics include Armor pieces and sets, Syandanas, custom skins, color palettes, warframe animations, ship decorations, glyphs and a wide variety of things which have no practical use but look cool.
Items must be purchasable and giftable for plat from the in game market.

Contest ends 24 hours from the time of this post, and 5 winners will be randomly selected at that time.

fashionframe? this, I can do.

Color pack - Eximus (75)
Liset Hima skin (50)
Pyra Syandana (70)
total, 195

ingame: notpsion

i figure that's a little bit of everything for maximum versatility

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

RoyalScion posted:

While we're doing frame giveaways, I have a full Mirage Prime set to give away.

PC goons only, unfortunately.

Just quote this and put in your:

SA: Psion
IG: notpsion
MR: 6

so quick question why do all these giveaways, which require posting on SA, ask for the SA username. I don't mind typing it but I also don't get it. :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

what do I really need to join a hydron run aside from corpro

I don't want to be a horrible burden but I do want to level this garbage sniper rifle so I can throw it in the garbage, where it belongs, because it's garbage. Also probably Nyx because even though nyx is not that level of garbage I'm just not feeling it.

on the other hand I also recently discovered the Lex and wowwwww I need this at all times :allears:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

And thank you! To everyone who's sent me gifts, and extra thanks because a lot of the messages are hilarious. I'm now fashionable and slightly less underequipped.

"so far it's just involved a lot of typing" indeed!

now instead of playing the game i'll just gently caress around with palette colors. you know, doing what matters.

Psion fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Dec 20, 2017

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

RFC2324 posted:

Is titania actually good? I love the concept, but her abilities other than her 4 rely on things staying alive long enough to be useful, and her 4 seems fragile as gently caress

does titania's 4 get you xp for your chosen archwing / aw weapons because I would like it if the answer was yes

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Menstrual Show posted:

did you miss Acopocalypse 2017? I have a spare Argon Scope to give away. I ask that you be somebody who didn't get one themselves, rather than going for extras, although I obv don't care if you flip it. This is on PC.

Will do a random # out of the first 5 people who quote this post.

hi, I didn't get one and I'd like it.

i'll trade you a hydraulic whatever because I sure got a LOT of those! :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Bowchat: I got a Dread off some alert or mission or something the other day and I think it's in my foundry at the moment. How should I look to build this thing? My only bow experience was bringing a level 0 Mk1 Paris to hydron and leaving with a level 30 that I immediately sold. :v:

Menstrual Show posted:

Winner is Gulping Again! Message me @ sinaddr or hit me with your ign and I'll get it to you this weekend! Goongrats.

thanks for running this! I'm glad gulping is gonna throw it on a Soma P because that's what I would've done and uh, I'm a little distracted by my new and extremely serious love affair with the hek soooo

ZeusCannon posted:

I bought paris because the mk1 is hilarious in defense missions so im gonna roll it a bit. Now to figure out where any of these mats come from :confused:

Warframe wiki. I refer to it about every ten minutes when playing the game. There's just so much poo poo to figure out when you're new. When I needed Morphics early I farmed the Vor assassination on Mars for the drops and morphics - the other materials I had a friend taxi me out to a defense mission on ...Saturn or something? I didn't make a Paris, but I needed all those parts.

alternately if someone's wiling to farm Ember for/with you, I got most of those resource drops while doing that. And it also gets you the Ember frame, which is good.

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 30, 2017

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

prime stuff is designed to separate you from your plat

regular stuff is designed to separate you from your free time as you grind MR

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Broose posted:

I think it should be said for newer players: This is not an especially rare event, or even uncommon really, ask Tallgeese. For some reason, the RNG on relics go bonkers and you get rare rewards after rare rewards to the point where if you did the math, You'd have better luck phasing a paper clip through your desk. Or some other infinitesimally small chance example where it just isn't possible to expect it. Like getting rares from consecutive intact (un-upgraded) relics. Which are suppose to have a 2%-ish chance for the rare reward at default.

I just need more relics period to do these runs. but I don't want to burn out on relic grinding until ember prime is unvaulted because hell yes that's on my list

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

i like AW so I'm obviously broken, but

MelvinBison posted:

You have to do a Capture mission 3 or so times for the Limbo quests. That was fun. :suicide:

Interception, I think? I did one with some other people. it was easy with 4. i'm sure it's a nightmare solo. The real crime is how atrociously bad the dual decurions are, god drat

Underwater would be okay if they did two things: give you a boost back, or just raise base underwater speed by like 10-15% or so. I'm using Elytron and underwater speed is nowhere close to acceptable.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

For that Uranus thing and also the 10 missions achievement for melee only can you use powers also or is it literally sword-and-nothing

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Echophonic posted:

I picked the right side because it had the augments for the frames I play.

I think I joined some horrible murder cult because they offer a weapon I want, yeah. I could not begin to care about the syndicate lore or anything other than their offering pages. :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I needed one more Nitain for the new tenno shotgun but I was playing another game when the alert popped. Solution? Alt-tab, launch Warframe, pub alert as Ember, stand on a point and push 4, alt-tab back in every couple minutes to get energy

it even worked :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Elysiume posted:

This is why Ember Prime is my most played warframe

For the record if anyone has relics which give ember prime or spare parts hit me up because I’m extremely motivated to grind the gently caress out of it once it’s unvaulted but I’m ok with having it now too :v:

Seriously though I hope to get a 4p relic run going at some point. I’ve got a few mirage prime relics and I wouldn’t mind doing a mirage run sometime soon too.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

turn off the TV posted:

I think part of the reason they're doing it is because they said that the next open world level is significantly larger than PoE. Sounds neat.

getting around on foot in the plains is awful and the archwing launcher costs too much for a new-ish player to fix it; so it's a really bad thing and I'm all about fixing it.

like I went in as a pretty new player because I started on earth and here are the plains and then there was the event, and then I had a Quartakk bp I wanted to build, and the whole thing was just annoying as gently caress.

smoothing that out so it's not so atrocious is critical if they ever want to sell me on "the plains, but bigger" anytime before 2019 when I have all the resources that are possible to have

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Rainuwastaken posted:

Tell clanchat you just pulled your Hek out and want the augment mod for it (edit: Scattered Justice?).

I really need to get this. My Hek is already incredible with a potato and some mods, but this is the big one I'm missing to make it truly absurd.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

explosivo posted:

Also, anyone have any Ember Prime parts they can part with? I only need two more (forget which ones though).

ember prime is getting unvaulted next month (?) so come farm with us

I want it a lot and I'm gonna farm the poo poo out of it but I figure anyone with parts now is trying to sell them while the prices are still high to people who don't know about unvaulting

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I'm just guessing about the selling part, but I do know I will be farming so hard. Prime version of my favorite frame why yes, yes indeed.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

RFC2324 posted:

i love getting in a mission with 3 pubs and none of us know wtf we are supposed to do.

it's even better when it bugs and none of us realize that it's not supposed to work that way

"do you all know how to kill this boss?"
"no"
"no"
"no"

this is why I read on the wiki before pubbing bosses on my own :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I just got the Kulstar and it's not what I expected.

It's better :getin:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

The only two frames I’ve tried and sold basically immediately were zephyr and mag. They just do nothing for me.mag especially.

Volt is my fishing frame so it gets a pass even though I wasn’t super thrilled with it otherwise but it’s so good at fishing.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I wanted to like zephyr but the question is “is this frame better than 20 plat for a new frame slot” and not quite. The air dash moves were really good, especially as a newish player who would otherwise fall into chasms or get stuck on dumb rocks or whatever.

If they rework Zephyr I’m all set with the cosmetics I kept so I can go right back to what matters :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Professor Latency posted:

Man archwing sucks.

Someone hasn’t tried Itzal yet