Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Megumi's hands on cheeks pose looks oddly familiar...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5oOq4S4tbM

:stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

vibratingsheep posted:

In my feeble defense, I've only been able to play first person shooters in the HD console era - anything with a chunky frame rate made me puke, so pretty much everything before Halo on the Xbox is a mystery to me :(

I know that feeling. The early portions of Jedi Outcast, where you're forced to play 1st person, always made me nauseous if I played too long. Thankfully using the lightsaber in that game takes you to 3rd person mode, which didn't have that problem.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

SSNeoman posted:

:shepface: (where'd we get this emoticon anyway?)

Mass Effect 2 thread, from a screenshot of male Shepard's hilarious creepy grin. Somebody post it, please.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Alpha3KV posted:

It looks like everybody at the school is addressing Kasumi by her given name (with honorifics). That seems a bit weird to me, since it's a professional setting for her, and as an American, teachers have been about the only people in my life I addressed exclusively by surname. So would that not actually be acceptable in a real school?

I think because she's a student teacher the same level of formality isn't expected.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Reverend Cheddar posted:

They might be a little more lenient but no, it's weird. I got slapped by my homeroom teacher for failing to use the right language once, so I dunno, might just be an in-classroom/outside-classroom deal, but I guess I'm like 'its tokimemo, roll with it.'

Well, the only person we see calling her Kasumi that doesn't have a good reason to be able to do so is Takumi. Bakuretsuzan is her superior, and Hikari and Goon know her from when they were kids.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Yeah, I think they're meant to be 640x480, I noticed this during Tokimemo 1 but chalked it up to old game quirkiness.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Mahou (long "o" sound) is magic. Maho's name replaces the first character in Miho's name, which means "beautiful", for one that means "real" or "true". Note that I'm going by Chinese usage so it may be a bit off.

The second character of their names means "sail".

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

So here's a question: does Kasumi's late appearance prevent Jun and Takumi from getting hot for teacher?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Poil posted:

Maybe the girls are all rotten?

Odds on one of them shipping the player x Masaki? :v:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I drew fanart! I felt like Tokimemo 3 could be a lot better if it wasn't in a style that looked horrid, so I took a crack at it. I hope I was successful!

Serika's waiting for her date with Goon. In an outfit that we'll probably see next update.

Drawn in pencil. I don't own a tablet yet v:geno:v

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Now that I've had time to think on it, I should have made the passing salaryman into one Mr. Kawajiri :v:

Rest assured that future installments will include more Jojo references.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

sincx posted:

Wait, it was released in the States? Or did you grow up in Japan?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Coolguye posted:

The stream also had a pretty good laugh at Emi's very unfortunate choice in color for her shirt.

I still say it wouldn't have been so bad if the game had the ability to render actual texturing of any kind on that shirt.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I have access to a tablet now! Let's celebrate!

Wait, what are you doing Yukiko

No

Stop it

That is not how you celebrate

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Come with me, thread.

I have such sights to show you. :unsmigghh:

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jul 6, 2014

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Friar John posted:

I'm a little confused. That list of errors in that one game was intentional, as a parody of all the other terribly coded games before it?

The first one is a fictional game from a filler chapter of The World God Only Knows. The anime version made it even more hilarious.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Dammit, I missed the stream!

Why didn't you post, sheep? WHY

(:v:)

EDIT: In art news, I've kinda stalled out for a bit, partly due to technical issues, but those have been resolved. In the meantime, have a Josuke.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jul 15, 2014

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

chiasaur11 posted:

He learned from the best.

Pretty soon, he'll be answering every question with the last words repeated back.

"Diamond ring?"

"Friendly deer?"

"METAL GEAR?!"

(Still working on the thing)

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Quotin' this post here, because Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun is great and you should watch it:

vibratingsheep posted:

Please help me. I can't stop watching Nozaki-kun episode 4. It sings to me so much after months of doing Tokimeki Memorial LP translation and analysis.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Anego is an informal way of saying "big sister," generally used in the same context that Aniki is used to mean "Bro."

Yeah, like Aniki it implies she's the leader of the gang you're in.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Has any dating game ever had a character from the future that appears after you reload a certain number of times and tells you to stop loving with the timeline? Because this is probably the perfect game to put them in.

And if you persist in reloading the character should become dateable. :v:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I vote for dating Yosuke.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

After seeing Sheep's stream, I kinda want to play these games...

There are english patches for GS 1-3, right?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

As I said during the stream, this whole thing is practically the same as the plot of Persona 3, except the stakes are much lower.

It would be great if it had gone full SMT and had Serika punch a god in the face though.

Edit: The foreshadowing was the April Fools' Day events. Remember the ghost she talked about? Yeah, she wasn't messing with Goon, she actually talks to ghosts.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Aug 24, 2014

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh, so we're going with the Josuke Higashikata school of nicknames then.

Goon's Dating Adventure: Forum is Not Crash

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

For you Persona fans out there, I went looking for the voice credits on Girl's Side and it turns out that a whole six of the VAs have had roles in the Persona series, two each from Persona 2, 3, and 4.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 25, 2014

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

sincx posted:

There's a lot more interest in this "Girls' Side" than I'd have expected.

Are a lot of y'all either female or LGBT?

I'm a straight Asian male and I like to play dressup in games. :colbert:

It's like half the reason I like Dark Souls.

EDIT: What the guy under me said too.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Aug 26, 2014

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Midorikawa Hikaru also plays Akihiko Sanada in Persona 3, as well as Lancer in Fate/Zero.

Koyasu Takehito has a lot of roles, but one he's playing right now is Dio Brando. DIO-sensei :swoon: He was also Tatsuya in Persona 2.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Chromius posted:

Now, there's nothing wrong about being a grade-schooler who stalks older guys, asks for their phone numbers, takes down their statistics, and wants to hook them up with his older sister :rolleyes:

I think he decided that he really wishes he had an older brother, but since that ship already sailed, hooking up his sister with a cool dude is the next best thing.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

It's about a month late, but guess what I finished!

This is what I imagine happening when Sheep pulls out the banana hammock ensemble.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Catalina posted:

Oh my God, Tarezax, that is amazing. I love all the 2002-era movie posters!

Is that Serika as Persona 4 protagonist in the background?

It's Labrys, actually :v:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Alpha3KV posted:

Here's what impressed Shiki enough to make him introduce himself:

E: perfect way to start a new page!

Somehow that never gets old.

EDIT: Drew something real quick.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Sep 17, 2014

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Don't forget Binary.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Just spotted a Tokimemo reference while watching Carnival Phantasm.

The life of a harem protagonist is fraught with danger.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 8, 2014

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Rogue 7 posted:

The collateral damage when those bombs explode...

Also, Carnival Phantasm is pretty much the funniest thing ever.

Yeah, bombing gets more literal when those girls are involved.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

PS and PS2 emulation also works pretty well. PS2 emulation may require beefy computer specs depending on the game, though, and there are issues emulating some games.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

I have no idea what this is.

But I like it.

三!

二!

一!

バンジー!

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

So, one of Nobuyuki Hiyama's current roles is as the director of an anime in Shirobako, an anime about the anime industry.

It's... rather different from his usual :v:

A nice detail that was pointed out in the Shirobako thread is that the main characters are voiced by newbie VAs, while the side characters are voiced by industry vets, reversing the usual pecking order.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I don't know exactly why it happened, but the first thing that comes to mind is that it's a fetish.

Also, the Tale of Genji, the world's first novel, involves the titular Hikaru Genji, who at one point kidnaps the 10-year-old niece of his lover, and then raises her to be an ideal wife. When his actual wife dies in childbirth sometime later, Genji marries the girl he raised :gonk:

EDIT: Like, in context it's relatively not as creepy, because it was based on the life of Japan's imperial court and the politics of the nobility in every single culture are notoriously riddled with all kinds of sordid affairs like this. But still.

Examples of Hikaru Genji-type stuff in more modern media include the ending of the Bunny Drop manga.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Nov 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

AGNUM BULLETHEART is the most moe character in Shining Resonance.

• Locked thread