Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

imgur changed their limits a bit a couple of months ago - http://imgur.com/blog/2013/09/26/100-million-uniques-higher-upload-limits-and-https-support/. Standard accounts are free, though whether it's worth the effort of making one depends on how many 1MB+ images you're expecting to post. Or huge gifs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

Man, I've been messing around in avidemux and it's loving horrible.

All in all, this has felt like using a much buggier but prettier VirtualDub. My old workflow was using VirtualDub to load aviSynth scripts, and I may have to go back to that

Yeah, this is pretty much my experience with it too. I really want to use it because it seems like it's much easier but the chances of it actually managing to produce the output you want are not great.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Hey, it's that bad code I wrote years ago, wasn't sure if that still worked

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Mastigophoran posted:

Actually, if you go so far as putting the FFMS2.avsi file in your plugins folder, you can just use FFmpegSource2("video.mp4").

For some reason this doesn't work in my experience, at least in MeGUI (it hangs), but it's not a great hardship to do the three lines instead so I've never investigated any further.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

asymmetrical posted:

Finally starting work on an SSLP, but I've discovered to my dismay Rightload is Windows-only (unless I've overlooked something). What's a Mac scrub like me to do? Is my only choice to manually upload images on LPix?

You can use this, not as nice as Rightload but it's better than doing it manually

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I like the avidemux interface but it's pretty unstable in my experience so I mostly stopped using it.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Crosspeice posted:

I've started using Polsy so my videos can be displayed larger than on youtube, so people can see the subtitles better, but while my first video came out very nice, how come my second video comes out smaller?

Is it because it doesn't automatically go to 720p? Do I have to wait longer? It's been around three hours, so I'm not sure what I'm missing.

I'll have to take a look at that, it's trying to display it at 900x720 instead of 1080x720 and I'm not entirely sure why. Probably one of the things I'm using to guess resolution has stopped working right.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

ChaosArgate posted:

Premiere CS2 is technically free since Adobe's killed support for it and is offering product keys for it online for free. It's old though and maaaaay have issues on a modern machine.

Not to mention that 'giving it away for free' wasn't their actual intent and if they could stop people they would.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Mico posted:

Why would MeGUI tell me that there's another instance of itself running when in fact that is a bold-faced loving lie? Also how do I get around the error cause I need to actually launch this program to encode a drat video.

I can bypass that check just by copying MeGUI.exe to a different name in the same directory so you can give that a shot. Doesn't really explain why you'd have that problem unless you're running something else called MeGUI.exe, but I'm going to guess not.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Mico posted:

However, if I run it in Windows 7 Compatibility Mode, I can launch the program, it just crashes when I go to encode anything.

Oh, huh, that's interesting. I'm still on 7 anyway so I don't know what might have happened with that since.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

They added that check in r2578, for reference, though it seems like it should work ok, just from looking at it.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Xenoveritas posted:

Wait, it explicitly checks if another process called the same thing is running, and doesn't use a mutex like you're supposed to for exactly these types of checks?

The twist is, it does a mutex check later, except the mutex check has a 'go ahead anyway?' yes/no option.

Actually I guess that's obsolete code, never mind. But, they had it and took it out.

Polsy fucked around with this message at 14:02 on May 23, 2016

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Mico posted:

This was the key I needed to crack the case. Win7 Compatability Mode + Administrator makes it work.

However, I've been on Win10 since launch and I don't remember having nearly this much trouble before.

Partly out of curiosity since I'm not sure this actually leads anywhere either way - if you open MeGUI normally so the error comes up, then open a powershell window and paste/type:

[Diagnostics.Process]::GetProcessesByName("MeGUI")

into it, is there more than one MeGUI listed? And if so do they both go away when you close it?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Furism posted:

WMWare Workstation is free now and it's better than Hyper-V (feature wise), if you don't have Hyper-V. It's definitively better than this piece of poo poo VirtualBox.

The free version doesn't have snapshots, which is a pretty big flaw. I was hoping it'd just cut out the enterprise stuff that nobody cares about.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Couldn't find anything on Google Search, could be a bug and something worth reporting.

Might be at the lpix end if nobody else seems to have experienced it and multiple is the default setting.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

HydroSphere posted:

I'm trying to use ShareX, I imported the Config file posted by nielsm, updated the arguments with my username and password, but when I try to upload a file, I'm getting a "URL is empty" error?

Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? :)

Double-check your username/password settings, it looks like you get that message if the server returns an error

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

http://www.airsquirrels.com/reflector/ this (or equivalent) and then capturing the reflected window would also work. Not free (unless you love watermarks) but it's cheaper than a Mac.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

It seems like it only gives you that content if you use GET rather than POST. Can you double-check what you have set for 'Request type' in your real settings?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

err2 is invalid password, as far as I know. You might want to try logging out and back in in the browser to verify.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Edit->Enhancements. It's not going to win any awards but it's more precise than 5 seconds, in my experience. Might depend on your source video.

e: well, on regular videos, not sure if/how it applies to streams

Polsy fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 7, 2018

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, it only seems to be other videos from the same channel so it could certainly be worse. Probably possible future thumbnail spoilers if you're watching a completed LP, though.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

The documentation is over here now but what you're really looking for is this, which is where you put the code (copy the text and import->from clipboard is easiest)

Polsy fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 16, 2019

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

There's a few bots that just connect to people's streams, either asked or unasked, might be one of them. There's a list of some of them here https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/9n0nip/ways_to_remove_some_channel_bots/

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Xerophyte posted:

I don't think you need to be more worried about Audacity 2.5 than any other desktop program that has telemetry enabled by default (which, on windows and osx at least, is approximately all of them). How much you worry about any desktop program that has telemetry enabled by default selling your data to shadowy russian oligarchs is up to you.

Yeah, as noted elsewhere by a privacy lawyer there's nothing unusual about the privacy policy itself, though that's what was getting everyone fired up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

The additional files in the 1.5 zip are what's needed for https to work - lpix.org itself requires https to upload to it (this is unrelated to the output saying 'http')

ShareX is definitely the less fiddly and generally more future-proof option though, yeah.