Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

DreamShipWrecked posted:

You still have to store the raw materials though, unless you are sustinence farming a tiny little plot and rarely have extra left over.

Planting a new tiny plot every day or two so they eventually cycle for constant food?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

I had one colonist who I had to joywire to keep him functional because he perpetually had seven simultaneous grumps about flirting rejections.

From three women.

Half the attempts were on the one married woman in the colony.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Pumpkinreaper posted:

Hrmm, maybe hatching chicken eggs indiscriminately is a bad idea.

Nah.

I just culled 15 juvenile turkeys for meat and still have 13 breeder adults and 60some chicks, no such thing (I have like 14k hay stockpiled please send help)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

150-170c should heatstroke them to death overnight, and the more you let them breed, the more delicious bug meat for kibble you get for free

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Away all Goats posted:

I like them helping during crop harvest time though :saddowns:

Make a small low priority stockpile right outside your pantry. Humans will go inside to the high priority fridge, the pets will set stuff outside since that's the only applicable stockpile for that good they can reach. Nice tidy short haul piles for one person to focus-haul

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

The Prepare Carefully mod is great for setting up the :wtc: scenarios. I made a family of four, replaced the starting pet with a pair of wild boars, replaced the starting guns with shotguns.

Nice country family: mother does cooking, farming, and crafting; daughter helps ma with cooking and farming, and is the animal tender and trader/warden; father hunts, builds, and helps wrangle the animals; and son helps pa with the buildin' and huntin' when he isn't doing the bookwork.

And they're all sociopathic cannibals with human leather dusters and cowboy hats :kheldragar:

They recently rescued a lady from a wrecked escape pod, and then a pirate raid happened. The poor girl's having some trouble settling in with The Family

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

While setting what wildlife has wandered near my new colony, I saw a tortoise in a pool of blood. Checking her, she had scratch scars on both eyes, a bitten-off nose, and a shattered plastron(underbelly shell), all from a timber wolf attack.

I then found the wolf nearby, with some belly and neck bites. Oh, and missing three legs and its HEAD.

I'm taming Little Gamera immediately and looking for the pet bionics mods

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Dealing with Thrumbos, not even onebos

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Coolguye posted:

holy poo poo a dog hauler is the best loving thing since sliced bread

Protip: Wild Boars are fairly common, can be trained to haul, breed and mature at an OK rate, and can be completely herbivorous so you don't need to worry about kibble :razorback:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

"Manhunter pack of muffalo"

Oh ok I guess I'll be able to handle eight of these with my defens-Oh there's 20 :stare:

Upside, I now have something upwind of 3500 meat.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Walton Simons posted:

My favourite mental break is binging on food because they're hungry.

Binging on food because they just ate cooked cannibalism.

All the prepared meals they just shoved down their throat were also human flesh.

:psyduck:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

That Works posted:

I've decided there's a colonist that needs to die. What's the best way to do that?

Thrumbo-boxing

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Will Lowtax have a Bionic Spine?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Gadzuko posted:

Same, I'm seeing a severe lack of chemical fascination pawns and will volunteer to take the role of depressive, substance abusing artist for the colony.

In memoriam Shivadas?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Stardate #Something: We've found a comfortable rocky alcove to setup shop in.

There's some sort of large forboding structure built into the next hill to the southwest. It might be some sort of... doom house?

I'm sure everything will be fine.

Just fine :kheldragar:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Small update from Unnamed Gooncamp (still too early to get a settlement name):

Our clubhouse, though crude, is secure, we've rummaged through DIY&GWS enough to get some basic agriculture down (Corn, Rice, Potatos, and some cotton for fresh cargo jorts).

Somehow we've lost the :10bux: of silver we started with and I don't kno-Leonard? Where are you going? What... are you doing?

:thunk:

e: right after that, I guess we're named:

"P/C" wasn't valid, unfortunately.

I'm sure a lawyer's frenzied scribbling in the shadow of a glowing monolith bodes nothing but the best.

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jun 29, 2018

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

News from Camp ParaCon - Bulletin Edition

Leonard J. Crabbs apparently wrote a Legally Distinct From The Necronomicon tome while under the Monolith's influence. He's rattled by the experience, but we just throw the book into the storage pile and hand him a few doobies and he's ok.

Or maybe giving him weed while emotionally fragile was a bad idea, as he proceeds to have a mental break and eat 2/3rds of the remaining survival rations, you fat gently caress.

Meanwhile, the Ominous Monolith has somehow migrated over to the Doom House (which did pop up an Ancient Warning alert when someone went by it, so that's getting left alone for now... )

A fridge, cooking area, and stonecutting workshop are setup but jesus christ these men dont haul there's like 300 wood just sitting randomly around the farmland.

A tortoise goes manhunter. JeffK, proving he's as leet as ever, destroys it with a minigun barrage at point-blank range and emerges unscathed.

Solar power and a battery are set up, a cooler for the food storage room, and the first harvest of rice comes in.

Lowtax and JeffK both caught Malaria at the same time. Fortunately, L.J.C. is the camp Doctor.

A heatwave rolls in shortly thereafter and while the sickbros rest in bed, Leo runs around like a champ gathering up all the un-harvested berries, rice, wood, etc, while medicating his clients (and occasionally rolling Lowtax out of bed because he's the only one who knows how to loving boil rice come on now 0 cooking on the other two???) JeffK gets borderline mental-break level so he's rolled out of bed, given his medicinal marijuana joint, and tucked back in.

Heatwave ends, LJC clubs a boar to death. Lowtax is rolled out of bed to be the Ham Whisperer and butcher it, fry up some pork fried rice for everyone to not starve, smoke a joint, and go back to bed.

The Malariaboys recover, an Ibex goes mad, challenges LJC to an honourable duel, and gets its skull caved in by the Jade Club after cracking a femur.

Some EMP shells fall from a cargo pod. A singular shiv-armed tribal attacks. She has OK stats so I prepare to try and capture her but then she just grabs a stack of unseen components somewhere on the edge of the map (:rip: my hidden starting 30 components I guess) and fucks off.

LLJK 360 noscopes a wolf with his minigun.

Lowtax tames a breeding pair of turkeys. Trade caravan shows up, we flip them our assorted leathers, some rice, and a bit of weed for a fat stack of raccoon meat and some spending money.

Another solo raider, she shivs up LJC and Jeff pretty good before dying, they get patched up.

Another one shows up, Lowtax is tired of this and blows her leg off with his rocket launcher (What is with all the solo female attacks on the goonbase?), she gets locked up, LJC gets a chest infection.

Rescue Pod drops nearby, LJC heals, got two potential recruits waiting, finally able to start (normal) research. The Not-Necronomicon is still in the stockpile. Waiting.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Camp ParaCon Update
With pictures!

In remembrance of the old Zoofights threads from oldGBS, have a wolf that got loving destroyed by a bear.

Well that's not... the usual... wildlife...?

O̕h͞ ̶e͡veryt̶hi̸n̷g'̛s ̨f́inè.͟ Every̔ͤ̚̚tͦh͐̽͑̋͐i̾ͬ͌ͨ̽͂̒n̊̽̽̓͐̊ͧg̈́̏'͆̈́͋̔ͨ̈̋s̐͛͌̔͒ ͥͩ͒ͭ͐f̾̐ͩͣin̅ͣe.ͪ̒̎͌ͯ Ę̸̷͓̤̝̼̆̓̌̈́ͦ̀̔̌ͨ͢͝v͋ͤ̾͋ͤ̀͠͏̝͕̜͓̻̝͖̼͈̮͢ͅe̷̙̦͓̱̟͎͓̲̦̯̱͆̎ͭ̇̍̀͗ͪ̆̐̐͞͡r̾ͨ̔̓̋͊ͮ̉̔͋͒͠҉̳̼̭̳͔̗͎̤̙̮̠͞͡y̍̄́ͮ͠҉͖̹̦̗̫̭̬͕͇̰͔͎̼̪͈̯̼̗͈͘͡͞ţ͛̿ͥͯ̒͌̃͐ͬ̐̃͗̉̕͠҉̠̯̥͖͖͙̮̱̣̖h̸̨̨̦̠͖̬̪͍ͧ̾̇͋͗͛̄ͭ̍͗̈ͤ͆̿̈̃̚͢͞i̸̛͔̣̗̘͇̰̺͎̻̳̣͉̭̰̫͖̺̊̈́̊̌̀n̵̛̯̲̮͙̯̺̠̭̳̳̟̘̼̹͎͉͎͓͇͗ͣ̾̾̓͗͠g̵̩͔̭̙̬̟͓̞̳̀͋͒ͩ͗ͮ͂ͪ́͠'̷̛̫̰̮͓̖ͧ̄̈́̑ͦ͐͘͞s̴̠͚̜͕͍̦̺̺̪̳̩̺͚ͦͧͦ͛ͩ̅͐̐̀͞͠ͅ ̴̸͈̗̘̼͎̦̰͔̮͍̩́̆ͫͯ̊̐̀̈́͗̔̇̓̏́́͢͜f̥̭̖̥͍̲̮̖̙͕̝ͬ̓ͧ̇̏̂ͫ̌ͪ͛̔ͦ͋͋̉̚͟͞ͅḯ̷̧̛͓̬̱̝̗̹͍̬̫̻̠̲ͨ͂͗̿̇̑̉ͤ̂̈́̈ͤͥn͐ͫ͂̈̇͌͟͏̭̜͎̝̠̘̺̖̼̰̠̰̹ę̸̤̣̤̱̗̭̪̗̘̮̱̙̤̪̞͑ͯ̋̆ͧ̌̈́̔̐̄̃͂̾͟͢.̵̷̱̰̦̹̞̻̙͓̺̹̱̠́ͥͭ́

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Camp ParaCon Update

Ophelia got attacked by the resident Giant Spider. She was successfully saved thanks to timely Goon Squad intervention. The spider's meat was promptly turned into kibble.

She is projected to make a full recovery.

About 2 days later, literally within 2 hours in-game time: A raid showed up,

a pyromaniacal athsmatic cowboy clad in body armor and carrying a robe wanders into the map to join (I just looked over the past three pages and can't find this character, this looks like a goon-insert),

and an escape pod drops, containing so͇̙̜͔̣me̺th̟͈̯̦̞i̖͇̙n̜͖̣̮̻͖̼g͈

JeffK won't stop rolling blunts instead of doing other work.

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jun 30, 2018

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Camp :cthulhu:

This is why you never trust lawyers.

Actually, you know what? That makes sense.

Those are my tater tots. Give Them Back. You are a dog. You can't even make offerings to the Great One

e: A penguin migration? How delig-

:catstare:

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jun 30, 2018

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Coolguye posted:

ahaha when did you rename lowry to stonerchild

After her, I don't know, eighth mental break wherein she did all the loving drugs

I've had two ambrosia sprouts, she ate 90% of it. She drank nearly all the beer, has actually put a dent in the weed cache, and she is now plotting against the Cult (which currently is LJC and JeffK but we're working on Lowtax).

If the next person I get has anything remotely resembling decent stats compared to her, she's going to the altar and I don't mean in matrimony. I need my loving weed to counterbalance :cthulhu:

e: NO YOU CRACKHEAD YOU DON'T GO ON A SMOKELEAF BINGE MENTAL BREAK WHILE YOU'RE DRAFTED AND LITERALLY BEING CHASED BY RAIDERS :headddesk:

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jun 30, 2018

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

I just had two back-to-back cargo pod events. One was a lot of milk. The second was arctic wolfskins.

I am now apprehensive about this milk.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:rip: :911: :rip:

I ask now: What should be done with the corpse of our beloved leader? Whatever dark knowledge we have gained, resurrection of the dead is unfortunately not among it. Our options: A grand tomb? Dining on his flesh so he lives on within us? Sacrificing his mortal remains to another dark god (general human sacrifices need must be alive, but an offering of meat is a lesser option)? Something else? My session is now on pause while I await guidance.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Catalina posted:

Hi! I bought this game during the Steam sale about a a week and a half ago and--

...at full price, or did hell freeze over and the game actually go on sale?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Danaru posted:

The whole "changing your body destroys your soul maaaaan" feels like an incredibly obsolete trope that only really works for games like Shadowrun where it works thematically because spirits and magic exist in universe too and are tied to your literal soul. It doesn't work thematically for Rimworld at all, and it absolutely didn't need to be 'balanced' this way

Also in the Shadowrun world, at least in one of the computer games in the setting, being An Actual Psycho/Sociopath might negate/offset the whole "Excessively chroming up your body literally makes your soul stop recognising your body" and considering the general discussion going on right now itt, it fits.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Please stat Johan van der Smut aka Goldmember as a Rimworld character.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

See normal Martians abduct cows and rectal-probe humans.

These Martians, on the other hand...

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

lol tynan literally thinks chocolate grows on trees

he also thinks beer is just fermented hops

Future Space Plants are some weird poo poo

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

One nice change I like is that water tiles degrade whatever you put on them.

So I'm currently throwing all my corpses in a peat bog :v:

Careful, that's how you get Swamp Things

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Keeshhound posted:

Kill swamp thing, throw HIM into the swamp corpse pile and see what comes out next.

In this hypothetical, my guess would be Worms

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

I mean "warhead made out of a grain of antimatter" makes more sense than calling a defoliant "antigrain".

Like what use would such a thing even be ingame? Why would it be so expensive?

Every organic has eaten or grown on decomposed grain, meaning every living being is at least part-grain.

Consider the implications then :kheldragar:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

tortoises are no joke :stare:

I had one snip the head off of a wolf before but that takes the cake. Need to modify my copy of A Dog Said to put tortoises in the full bionics category in case a reward is needed.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Can you do full limb transplants?

"Welcome to jail. If you decide to join us, you get your leg put back on"

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Randy: Have a raid!
Me: Ok it's a bunch of melee tribals and I have a gunline, one person got bruised.
Randy: Infestation in your warehouse the same day!
Me: Annoying, I'll kite them into a hall and beat them to death one at a time, got three guys scratched up kinda bad but I have three hospital be-
Randy: 15 MANHUNTER SNOW RABBITS
Me: :what: Fine let me draft my two good melee guys and let them club some bun-JESUS CHRIST THEY'RE LIKE PIRANHAS THEY BIT OUT ONE MAN'S EYES OH CHRIST DRAFT EVERYONE

And then half the colony nearly died from bloodloss and I had to panic-order every trade caravan I had reputation for because I ran out of medicine.

I got Monty Python'd. Fortunately, Mr Event Horizon had partial use of one eye, and my main doctor got a Surgery Inspiration a few days later, so I cranked out a bionic eye with most of my plasteel and now my chief craftsman is fully functional again.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

RBSE also has the researchable ability to remove scars with glitterworld medicine, I believe.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

My doctor got into a social fight with another colonist and they punched the other person's arm off :stare:

Well, destroyed their arm, not a full dismemberment, but jesus.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

HelloSailorSign posted:

Kid recovered, and we built him a bionic jaw.

Get that toddler a power klaw, he's a future Warboss in training.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

This week in Rimworld: I founded a cult to Bastet the Goddess of Cats. Every so often a black cat wanders into the area, I tame it, and then sacrifice a human captive to our whimsical Goddess to transmute the cat into a Guardian, a fully-trained super-panther.

I've now begun replacing my Guardian's limbs and jaws with animal bionics to make them even buffer. One of them apparently got hungry while out for a wander and solo'd a Megasloth

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

I don't know what mod I have is loving it up, but there's some sort of batshit interaction with the Run & Gun mod where, if I have it activated, even if I turn off the ability to let NPCs use it, every animal in the game gets 0 cooldown on their attacks.

I shoot a deer, it aggros, and instead of one headbutt before I put it down, it just gives me the Raging Demon and my pawn is bleeding out on the floor from 9 wounds.

The first time I had it on, I had a Black Hive attack event spawn (Alpha Animals), so I had a megascarab doing the Killer Rabbit from Monty Python on some guys, and a spider-thing with a venom spit attack basically gatling-super-soakered a fortified gunline to death.

It's hilarious, but also :iit:. I wish I could actually use that mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Syndlig posted:

looks like roolo rolled out a fix for this last night!

honestly i find myself installing basically every single one of roolo's mods. giddy-up!, search and destroy, runandgun, what the hack?! are all really loving legit, and dual wield just makes things more hilariously awesome now that i can give my pawns an smg and a melee weapon.

Would you recommend Dual-Wield over Sidearms?

Also :toot: