Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
I don't know if this is a bug but it looks like Penoxycyline isn't preventing Sleeping sickness. Which sucks because it hit 4 of my 8 colonists at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
OK, it turns out Sleeping Sickness affects colonists before it shows up on the health screen to allow it a "head start" which means they were probably infected 10 days or so before they started taking Penoxycyline. Sucks.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Flesh Forge posted:

All diseases are like that, taking Penoxycycline really only helps if you maintain production of it and colonists take it on a schedule and are under its effects 100% of the time.

I knew it didn't work as a cure, I had just started getting them regular doses about 7 days before the sleeping sickness kicked in. Just bad timing.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Coolguye posted:

these are much easier issues to care about than the idiots in cell block B being pissy at each other again and there's a snitch in cell block C that should probably get moved to protective custody. but the real solutions are no less involved, in practice.

I solve all prisoner problems by doing this to each one

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Danaru posted:

I have a "Prison Spine" I leave laying around. If anyone causes any problems, they get the bionic spine implanted and immediately removed. :colbert: I tend to let prisoners go free if they behave long enough, but if you're a pyromaniac you're probably going to be a blood bank and/or sacrifice

The only problem with the 2 peg legs is when they raid again they're usually slower than the rest of the pack and so when their friends get cut down I don't get to kill them and take their drugs because they're already peg leg hobbling away

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Phoenix Taichou posted:

Can you install two peg legs (removing the meat legs) then just remove the peg legs? I mean if they're prisoners they get fed anyway so it's not like they need those meat legs. If they're good and recruited they can get their peg legs back.

I don't care about recruiting, I want them to go back to their faction with a severe Luciferum addiction and bring back their stash when they come back. Eventually I want their whole faction to be Luci addicted double pirates.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YiAt4yt0sE

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
This is the killbox I use but i haven't played long enough to know how to abuse the system as much as some of you. The green things are proximity sensors to turn them on when people set up for defense.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Keeshhound posted:

Why do you have the walls as all doors? Colonists can rest traps on a diagonal.

as I posted this I thought I could probably make every other door wall just regular wall, but otherwise they need a safe path to get to all the traps or they step on them continuously.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

vandalism posted:

My huge colony in the jungle just died to malaria and the plague. The disease shot there is no frickin joke. Rip my 8 or 9 dudes and good luck to the remaining 4.

You guys play on year round harvest maps or ones with growing seasons? I usually play an easy mountain temperate forest with year round growing. Easy mode.

I like jungles. It's grow season almost all year with a few cold snap occasions. The marshy soil is something to deal with and make sure you trade like fuckin mad for nuetroamine so you can a steady supply of pheno but overall it isn't too challenging

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
I had originally planned on giving all my released prisoners wooden dentures as well as the removal of both legs + peg leg but it didn't serve any purpose. The legs + luciferum cripple a member of a hostile faction and provide a chance I get Luci to sell at a later date. So far I've only had 2 crippled members come back to raid again.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Pharnakes posted:

Can NPS go Luci mad off map? I'm assuming not?

I'm assuming they get a source somewhere and always carry some with them. I've had Raiders with a luci need drop some when I down them.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

JESUS CHRIST!

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Holy poo poo you people complain about matching outfits when your clothes are made from super resilient mushroom fibers and thrumbo fur?

Also you're stranded on a death planet?

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Wow, I just loaded my save for the day and noticed one of my colonists has a shattered Pelvis, I don't remember him picking that up, but loading back the oldest of my rolling saves, ten days back, he has it even then. And nothing in his personal log that indicates when he got it. :psyduck:

[edit] Wait, no this is some kinda weird bug, I just loaded a save from winter of the year previously and he has a shattered pelvis there. This was not the case. What the heck.

Snoo snoo backstory

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
I only play in jungles because I like year round grow periods. Maybe it's time to finally branch out to something else.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Flesh Forge posted:

In a truly egalitarian society, every citizen should have a mortar :shrug:

Seize the means of mortaring comrade

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Warmachine posted:

However many it takes to land a reliable alpha strike on a mass of raiders/manhunting elephants.

So about 50

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Back to hospital chat. I make individual rooms so my patients don't get woken up during feeding and treatment. I have switches that turn on or off power to each room before they get treated.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

explosivo posted:

So I really need to get my defenses in shape and I keep reading about killboxes. Do I have it right that if I leave only one open part of my wall the enemies will always pathfind their way there instead of trying to dig through the wall? I've seen some examples of killboxes (using sentries or traps) but I'm still not sure if I need to be making 4 killboxes per side of my base or how I go about doing this the most efficient way.

I'm not sure how it is now, but it used to be killboxes were great against regular raids, but sappers will just blow through walls like nothing and siege tactics will mortar your poo poo which means you either need to mortar them back or sally

Edit, so yeah basically an open area with traps and defenses that they have to funnel into where your pawns are waiting behind sand bags. Get creative

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

explosivo posted:

In addition to that I finally got a nice greenhouse up and running, and after building a new kitchen/freezer I immediately ran into a problem of TOO MUCH CORN and I think I need to expand my freezer again. I'm getting choked up with vegetables and there's just not enough space for all of it. The greenhouse idea is a really good one though and one that I can't believe I never considered before. I guess I always assumed putting a roof on a building would stop stuff from growing inside it even with light, but I'm glad to see that's not the case!
too much corn just means more fuel!

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
I see all your images with like 15 colonists and I can't deal with taking care of more than 6 or 7. I just like a chill little commune where people build things and sell things.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Viva Miriya posted:

wait what happens

Occasionally it will take over and either go on a rampage or just kind of do what it wants regardless of priorities.

It's kind of worth it though if you have an extra one though because it makes your pawn an ubermensch

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Viva Miriya posted:

In those wooden sarcophagi tho right?

I have a dedicated section of my cooling operation just for corpses so my doctor can train on them (medi training bed mod). Just plop them on the floor it doesn't matter.

I played a lot of evil genius so I learned the benefit of a large freezer.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Turns out Chemfuel can melt steel beams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
When waste packs "dissolve" does the red patch they leave behind correspond to the same amount of waste pack? So if I let one dissolve, then clean it up, I didn't really get rid of anything right?