Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dismas
Jul 31, 2008

yesssss the creeps moved in with Hi and Lois

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

I love you, Fat Man Everett True

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Neil DeGrasse Tyson had a very busy 1980, it seems

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Oh man. RIP Morrie.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

Guys, I don't mean to worry you but did you leave your baby somewhere?

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

DON'T WORRY BOYS, IT'S A GOOD THING THAT WOMAN YOU LOVED WAS DEAD, SHE'S HAPPIER THIS WAY

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

Ah, yes, the Judge Parker/Doonesbury crossover we've all been waiting for.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Zits

teens_and_their_phones.png

And for dinner we'll be eating an entire turkey.

Tomorrow's strip: teens_and_food.png

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

Pros & Cons

God as my witness, this is so dumb and I laughed so hard.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Nice left handed handshake. Power move, Coop, keep the new guy disoriented.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

You, uh, doing okay there Charles?

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Midnight Moth posted:

This guy is sulking because he got rejected by two places? Christ, try two dozen and that might start being more relevant to today.

One place! He didn't want to apply to the other one because he got caught shoplifting there as a kid!

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

tiistai posted:

Fok_It

That's not an idiom in English, right? It means that you wish you could be in some place unnoticed, secretly listening in on what the people there are talking about or seeing what's going to happen to them.

English has "fly on the wall," rather than ceiling.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Wanamingo posted:

Playing catch up, so here are yesterday's comics. I'll post today's later.

Nancy

EAT poo poo GILCHRIST

That's sorta pre-emptive I guess.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

I don't have that one, I have all the annual collections. Did they not reprint all the comics in those?

I don't remember it either, FWIW. I had the paperback collections from when I was a kid I don't have the Complete Calvin and Hobbes for some reason.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Zits

"Shred trails"? That doesn't sound right...

Isn't that how the Segway inventor died, though? He had some sort of off-road type Segway and fell off a cliff, I think.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

Classic Prince Valiant

NEXT WEEK
GIRL TROUBLE

I love Classic Prince Valiant, thanks for posting it.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Oh my god. Perfect.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Howard Beale posted:

I know this was Mark's idea all along, but I really love the SECOND BEAR FROM OUT OF loving NOWHERE.

Seriously how the gently caress do you top this.

Jam Esallen has given us a beautiful gift, and it is ursus ex machina.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

Side thought, is FOOB the only comic where the characters actually age and grow up? Dustin doesn't, Family Circus doesn't, etc.

Funkyverse kind of does. Doonesbury definitely does.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Pastry of the Year posted:

You know, I don't think a lot of people comment on it, but Judge Parker is a legit good comic. I don't know when exactly that became the case, but I only started reading it because of this thread, and yeah: for a serial newspaper strip, the pacing is really well done.

I was thinking to myself the other day that even if the characters are sort of insufferable, the art is nice and things are at least happening.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

EAT poo poo GILCHRIST

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

The kid bullying demon art child is gonna be the grandson of Important Donor lady isn't he.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

GorfZaplen, thanks again for posting classic Prince Valiant, it's so great!

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Darthemed posted:

Calvin And Hobbes

I wonder if these generated angry letters.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Third Murderer posted:

I always wondered why Watterson didn't just give them names. It seems odd given that Calvin's dad has a very specific job - he's a patent attorney, and that only comes up in one strip so it's not like the names would have to be a recurring thing either. I guess he wanted them to just be "Mom" and "Dad" because the whole strip is basically Calvin's point of view?

Yeah, that. Also, Calvin's dad is a patent attorney because Watterson's dad was, I think :3:

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Holy poo poo, Val.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Calaveron posted:

Jeez why is he always wearing red t shirts

ctrl+c, ctrl+v

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Good thing Spider-Man's spider-sense is still completely fuckin' worthless!

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

tiistai posted:

Since he doesn't even seem to be checking all the doors I don't think the spider-sense is the issue here.

Good point.

Good thing Spider-Man's still completely fuckin' worthless!

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

sweetguts posted:

I volunteer at a natural history museum and part of my job is looking through the papers for mentions of the museum. I stumbled upon this gem today:

I can relate, anonymous old person. too bad you were wrong :(

Holy poo poo, I love whoever wrote that and whoever published it.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I love the drama they're trying to inject into a completely commonplace, everyday event. Next week's strip: Mary is heading home...but the car ahead of her is only driving 35 in a 40?! :monocle: :aaa:

I don't appreciate these dramatic changes in the plot! I was really invested in Mary's grocery list!

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Pentaro posted:

What kind of name is PJ?

a short form of "Peter John" or "Percival Juanez" or something

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

LtStorm posted:

I know what's going on here but it still looks like King Arthur's about to say, "Behold! The prince's junk!" and drop the cloak.

SomeMathGuy posted:

The guy with yellow hair seems a bit let down. "Yeah, I mean, it's okay I guess."

"I've seen bigger"

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Darthemed posted:

Calvin And Hobbes

I always liked this one.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

WHAT'S IN THE BOX

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Hairstyle

drat, that's a fine mullet.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

RandomFerret posted:

That is absolutely not how a cane is used. You use it on the opposite side of the weak leg, to spread the pressure out.

Once again Inspector Danger puts away an innocent man.

also, like, his shoes are clean. the tennis playing nephew might've changed out of his shoes because they had cement on them (and been using a cane incorrectly in a failed attempt to frame his brother).

the lack of 1 - 1 mapping between the information in the information and solutions is what's so drat dumb about Inspector Danger. At least when Slylock racially profiles someone, you understand why the solution is what it is.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Darthemed posted:

Calvin And Hobbes
[timg]http://i.imgur.com/xPYbqc7.gif[[/timg]

I always liked this one as a little kid because the sledding hill near where I grew up was called Suicide Hill. Okay that's my story good job posting everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

goatface posted:

I wish I'd had the option to take a ukelele making class. A guy who did his doctorate at our place makes lutes and things as a hobby/sidejob.

being a luthier would be a pretty cool gig, not least because your job title is "luthier"

• Locked thread