Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

CubsWoo posted:

Network signups are up. Logging in once you start the free trial lets you watch some test bars.

Nice! Signed up. Weird that you have to do the 6-month commitment, but they still seem to charge you on a monthly basis?

Either way, this rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Does anyone else have problems searching for stuff on the PS3? For starters, the interface sucks because every letter is on a single line rather than a QWERTY display, and moving from letter to letter takes forever.

But aside from that, when I type in a term... nothing seems to happen. Want to grace myself with Robocop this morning, but when I search for Robocop, nothing happens. There's no enter button, there's no "search now" button - the cursor just blinks in the search box forever. I know the show is there, and searching on the website yields the result.

It can't just be me, right?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mr Scumbag posted:

I've been putting the stream on in the background while I do other poo poo cause it's free for a week so why not?

Tonight, I put one of the 1998 RAWs on as "background". Well, turns out that everything else was background and I feel like a teenager again. Why can't the current product be this compelling? I feel amped right now for the next episode that isn't available. This poo poo really holds up. In some ways it feels more current than current stuff.

Edit: If they can get all the RAW and SMACKDOWN catalogue online ASAP, I think they'll have a ridiculous retention rate for subscriptions. It seems pretty obvious that most people are wanting the old days, so the least they can do is offer a huge back catalogue.

I'm curious as to why 94-97 is completely omitted in the RAW back catalogue. What's in there that they don't want us to see?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The dots are neat, but I can't advanced directly TO a dot. If I'm watching a show and need to stop halfway through, I have to fast-forward to where I left off manually.

Is there no way to "page forward"/move ahead a chapter? Seems exactly like what the dots would be for.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

nasboat posted:

It's L1/R1 on the PS4 app, at least.

No luck there. Sometimes when searching, a list of suggested terms will pop up in the input field for you to select from. Sometimes, no suggestions are given at all so it's just sort of a dead screen.

I started searching "chi" and got a ton of suggestions; completed my thought with "town" and got no suggestions and no way to complete my search.

Assuming it's some weird issue but I dunno, kind of frustrating. At least everything is split up really well and is easy to find.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I was charged $9.99 when I first signed up for the network, which according to the help on the site is just a temporary hold.

It'd been there all week, so I called today to see what the deal was; I didn't want to be charged for the first week, then charged again for March.

Called support today and it was an awful, awful time. I'm not sure what the woman's first language was, but it definitely wasn't English and it made it very hard to figure anything out. She just kept starting every sentence with "Okay, okay, okay, okay" before trying to explain things.

She may have canceled my account? Maybe not? The charge may just be the first month of my subscription? She said I was charged because I have now exceeded the 7-day trial period, but I was charged on the 25th, so that doesn't make any sense.

I just gave up eventually. I flat-out told her that I didn't want to cancel my account, I just didn't want to be charged twice. "Okay, okay, okay, okay - don't worry about the $9.99 charge.".

Okay? I don't know. That sucked.

I did get AJ's theme music while I was on hold, though, which I thought was pretty funny. Wrestler theme songs as hold music... nice touch.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Luigi Thirty posted:

What about the Nitro? I heard the Raw wasn't very good outside of the Vince segments but the Nitro is a Night of Champions and has a really emotional kayfabe-breaking Flair promo.

There are zero Nitros on the network right now. Really looking forward to when they start getting added.

Ugh, AND THUNDER.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm logged in just fine (I didn't have to try and login, I was already logged in), but all I see is a blank black space when I try to view anything.

This is bummertown.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MixxMaster posted:

try logging out and back in...

No way, Jose. At least now I can stay logged in; if I access the site logged out (in another browser, for instance), I get a white screen or an "Http/1.1 Service Unavailable" error.

At least while logged in but not able to view videos I can search and view the schedule. I was excited for a morning full of WCCW followed by RAW :(

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Welp, white screen for me as a logged-in user as well.

Hopefully just a small hiccup. Bootista.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Anyone else PS3 have the audio just drop out completely sometimes? Just started yesterday. Audio cuts out, and I have to quit the app and restart it to get it working again, but then it seems to just happen within a few minutes anyway.

Don't have the same issue on PC.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That red X thing really struck me as a kid. To this day, I remember watching it on TV and being freaked out. Definitely a moment that stood out and has stuck with me.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What's the general consensus on Fall Brawl/War Games 97? I've always remembered Hennig smashing Flair's head in the cage door to be particularly brutal, but I haven't actually seen the match again since it originally aired on PPV. Was thinking of watching that today, but man, the rest of the card doesn't sound very good at all (aside from Eddy/Jericho for the Cruiserweight Title).

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

billy cuts posted:

It's too bad they're rotating content out so quickly. I was really hoping to watch the first episode of Raw, but it's already been taken down. It shows up in the search but just redirects to the live stream.

What are you trying to view it on? I just loaded it up on my Mac and it played fine.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Crowe posted:

I still regularly keep getting issues in playback where either the video skips forward a couple of seconds, or the audio desyncs by about ten seconds and the video freezes until it catches up with itself. I'm trying to watch Wrestlemania 24 and it keeps happening every couple of minutes.

Does anyone else get this?

I was getting the video skipping forward this morning when I was watching an old episode of RAW. The audio stayed in sync the whole time, but there were maybe four or five times where everything just jumped a few seconds. Crush had Lex Luger in an armbar, then suddenly he was on the turnbuckle yelling at multiple Doinks in the crowd.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Burt Buckle posted:

Not entirely clear on how their old WCW/ECW vault works. Do episodes just get rotated through like 'This week watch ECW Hardcore TV #14!' and then that episode is gone and replaced by another episode the next week? Or are episodes of things getting added and left in the catalog to be viewed whenever you want?

edit; also any chance they'll put up things like Thunder or WCW Worldwide or are we strictly getting Nitros?

I'm pretty sure the episodes remain; all 15 episodes of the original RAW are still up, as are the seemingly random 8 episodes of ECW Hardcore TV. I think the problem is that they don't always display properly. On my PS3, I couldn't find RAW Episode 14, and the search sucks so bad on that system's app that I couldn't find it by searching. On a computer, though, I was able to search and find the episode despite it not being displayed on the actual show page.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Watching Flair/Hogan from MSG in 91 and they're attempting to black out Flair's "Real World Title"; the censoring is real bad, though, and you can clearly see that it's just one of the Tag Team Titles. I had always heard about that, but never saw it until now.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I haven't watched many older WWE PPVs on the Network yet, but I know from previous viewing of 90s-era PPVs that every match felt like it had a reason. Watching Royal Rumble 99 with some casual-fan friends, each match had a video package before it; when the match started, everyone knew who was involved, why they were involved and had a favorite. I wish they would still do video packages for every match on a PPV, even if it's a minute-long video. It really adds so much to the experience.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

BigRed0427 posted:

Watching ECW Hardcore TV. The wrestling itself isn't very good but there is something charming about it's production values. It looks like the use the exact same corner of the building for all their backstage segments. Also, how come no one ever mentioned that Dave Attell once worked as a interviewer for ECW?

This isn't getting enough attention. What?? What episode is Dave Attell in? I never knew that/realized that before. Weird.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

BillyMays posted:

Any reason why Raw episode 6 is missing still? Hasn't been put up on the network since day one.

It was there at some point, I definitely know that. I remember because it had the sitdown interview between Hogan and Vince as well as the Mega Maniacs + Jimmy Hart interview seen here: http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/February_22,_1993_Monday_Night_RAW_results

Not sure why they would remove it, though.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Episodes of RAW aren't going up staggered; they're adding a new episode every day of the work week (I don't think they add new ones on the weekend). They're up to like episode 24 now, every morning at 9 or 10 AM.

I'm assuming they'll start adding episodes of Nitro (and maybe Thunder) when they kick off the Monday Night War series.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I think I forgot how long Doink's heel run was; I always just remembered really digging him as a heel and then being disappointed when he became a boring face clown.

But man, Doink loving ruled as a heel. Really great matches and he just cut this promo on Savage on RAW where two other Doinks appeared, and he just starts laughing like a maniac. Really a shame that they turned him.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I watched Main Event today and there was absolutely no commentary during the Divas match at all. Both of the commentators + AJ were talking during the match, but they had no audio through the whole match and the replay afterward.

Did this happen live, or did they remove the commentary audio after the fact for some reason?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Deadpool posted:

Those were always on there, just not listed and only viewable through the search. Episode 6 was never there at all.

6 was definitely there at one point. They've been doing a new episode every day, and I definitely watched that episode. It had the formation of the Mega Maniacs with Jimmy Hart and a weird Hogan sit-down interview with Vince. Not sure why it was pulled/missing, though. That's weird.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

EL BROMANCE posted:

Has anyone tried seeing if Network allows simultaneous logins from different IPs yet, like MLB does?

TL posted:

Yes it does, but I believe only two log-ins at a time per account.

Actually, just one: http://www.wwe.com/main-help/generalfaq/terms-and-conditions-wwe

WWE Network posted:

Access to Services: Access to WWE Network may be subject to approval of your credit card, debit card or PayPal account payment information and verification of other information you submit to us or that is otherwise provided to us. Although your WWE Network subscription is accessible on a number of devices, your use is limited to one (1) WWE Network stream on one (1) device at any given time. IF YOU CIRCUMVENT OR ATTEMPT TO CIRCUMVENT ANY OF THE USE RESTRICTIONS IN THESE TERMS, YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL BE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE TERMINATION AND YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO LEGAL ACTION. SHARING OF LOGIN INFORMATION, INCLUDING PASSWORDS, IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What was the general reaction to Summer Slam 1993? This is the one where Luger faces Yokozuna for the WWF Title in the spirit of USA vs Japan, and Luger wins by count out. The faces then come out and they have this huge loving celebration, but even as a kid I thought it was incredibly stupid because he won by COUNT OUT and, therefore, didn't win the title. Why celebrate so much? The crowd even seemed to be going bonkers but it just seemed, and seems, so dumb.

Spoilered just in case anyone is watching the events as they happen along with the daily/weekly addition of classic RAW episodes.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

coconono posted:

I remember buying it hook line and sinker. I was also wired with weird kneejerk nationalistic tendencies so he may have short circuited me with all the flag stuff.

Same here. I loving loved it all and watched SS93 with an American flag next to me. God, what a loving dork.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Aw man, they just started Doink's face turn. Really weird and out of nowhere, and disappointing knowing how lame he wound up being as a face.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Saul Goode posted:

Phew, I thought I was the only one who liked Hayes. Couldn't figure out all the hate. Seems like a cool guy, who cares if he big notes himself, all wrestlers do. And it's not like he wasn't a legit innovator who was ahead of his time when he was active.

I was too afraid to say anything - I like Hayes in the roundtables, too.

Yes, by all accounts he's a racist dirtbag in real life, but I haven't seen/heard him do anything too offensive in these things. He just talks SO drat MUCH. I don't think it's out of any kind of malice or trying to get himself over, he just likes to talk.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm so confused. I thought RAW replays were on the Network? I see four episodes from 2014, and I can't find any more by searching.

Am I crazy? What gives? I want to watch last week's episode, but no dice.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

oatgan posted:

they immediately agree that John Graziano was a bad person and then, without skipping a beat, start talking about how it will affect their reality show and how Nick doesn't care how they play this as long as he makes "the most money" so

Not only that, but didn't they also briefly talk about spinning the whole thing into its OWN reality show? Where Nick is coming off of this thing and trying to get his life back together?

I'll cheer like a moron every time I see Hogan in person, and did at Mania & post-Mania RAW, but he is a real big dirtbag.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

As an oddly revelant aside: The kid from Extreme Rules is Jamison's son.

Holy poo poo, this is incredible. Jamison lives!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

fart blood posted:

When did Bret say this? Because I keep reading this in Bret's voice in my head and I can't stop laughing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVbNXI3AK-U

Around 9:30 if it doesn't start there automatically.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JR does seem to be a little harder to understand as he gets older. Just from one-off interviews I've seen and some of the later Legends of Wrestling stuff, he definitely doesn't seem to be as understandable as he once was.

That being said, I still loving love him and would be absolutely ecstatic to hear him on TV every week, or even just at the PPVs. He's the voice of pro-wrestling to me; I grew up with Vince, Jesse, Gorilla and The Brain in the 80's, but as a teen and onward in the 90's JR definitely became the voice that was most attached to wrestling. I miss him.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Bread basket is embedded into my vocabulary that I naturally say it when referring to the stomach and nobody understands what I'm talking about. I grew up thinking that was just a normal, every day alternative name for the stomach. I guess I was wrong.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Countdown ruled but I probably would have reversed The Outsiders and Cena. The Outsiders debut was the spark for the madness of the Monday Night War and the nWo, so it felt kind of silly to have it at number 10.

I also felt like Jericho could have been number one. His debut was pretty great.

It's a bummer that they threw things like The Rock and Cena in there; their debuts weren't really that hot, they just turned into big stars.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Doing the deed and watching New Blood Rising now. That ladder match was rough. It wasn't bad, but it was just SO FAST that none of the spots could even sink in. Tank was great, though.

Watching this weird Muta match now. He looks so much better bald.

It also never ceases to amaze me how bad WCW's production values were. The set is so rinky dink, the lighting makes it look even worse and the opening video package was just so bad. I dot understand how you stay in business that long and never get better at the simple/easy to see stuff.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The original set is the only actual good, high quality picture so that helps it look good, too. If they had just put a big screen above that it would have been fine.

The show always looked off on TV too, though. Like it was always smokey or softened or something. It just didn't look crisp.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

God, this PPV is awful. Just the commentators talking about what's a shoot and what isn't and who was supposed to do what... ugh. loving garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I think it could also be a case of everyone being so incredibly emotional to begin with. Starting with Tony's story, every story was SO loving heavy and had everyone either in tears or pretty drat close to being in tears. That emotion isn't just going to go away once you start talking about yourself. Once he started talking about himself, he could have still been pretty emotional from that insane Duggan story or Gene talking about his wife giving him a kidney. That poo poo was rough.

Maybe he never proclaimed it to anyone and it was just a thing people "found out" or assumed or whatever. Maybe he wasn't "technically" closeted in the sense that he didn't let anyone know he was gay, but I have a feeling that a pro wrestler from that era was closeted for most of his career and then just sort of stayed that way despite everyone pretty much knowing the truth.