Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Disco Bandit posted:

I just got an email from Gaz with a free random starter hero box code.

Other people may or may not get them, but you all are welcome to try the code I got to see if it works for you as well:

MHMGIFT

It certainly doesn't look specific to my account.

e:f,b

It does work, just tried it. Thanks a lot dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

nickhimself posted:

Here's the Doctor Strange build I've been using with good results:

Uru:
Lunar (if you don't have a Pym Shrinking)
Bowazon (if you DO have a Pym Shrinking)

Artifacts:
Hand of Doom
Power Prism Shard
Pym Shrinking Serum
Advanced Metasensory Array

If you don't have an HoD, Pluvian Superconductor should be used.

I thought you preferred icy tentacles over vapors?

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

dblankenship81 posted:

Am I doing it right?

How the hell did you get it that high so fast? I built mine up for about an hour and only managed around 35k a hit.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

dblankenship81 posted:

I use Daggers of Daveroth with Crystal of Kadavus. I drop the Illusions in a central location so they target things closest to the students first. Then I teleport around while spamming Daggers that hit for between 40-60k normal hits and brutal for over a Million.

How do you get a 1 mil brutal hit from something with 40k base damage? :psyduck:

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

There's a bug right now related to Strange's illusion clones bonus, you can keep stacking it.

I know. He's saying that their daggers are hitting for 40-60k per hit after the ridiculous stacking. What I wanna know is how that translates into brutal strike damage of over a million.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

The only thing I would add to this is to consider maxing flames of the faltine as well. It's one of the strongest DoTs in the game, has a large area, and the duration is fairly long. It's a good fire and forget spell that can keep doing damage while you run through the rest of your incantations. It has a short start-up animation but I honestly wasn't too bothered by it.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
:laffo: If you manage to kill holosim pyro with bugged strange you automatically lose.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

nickhimself posted:

..... but it isn't spike damage? It's a debuff that prohibits healing for two seconds. That's all.

True but healing in general really isn't in a position that I'd consider OP, so this is a really strange direction to take with new boss affixes. I can't imagine it making fights much more interesting, unlike the teleportation affix which may or may not end up being cool.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Wow, not even 10 replies in and there's already a comment about the thighs being too fat.

The gently caress is with those people and thighs?

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Even though I am only up to level 10 (I chose Torch) this game is hilariously easy so far. Makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong, somehow :ohdear:

That's normal. Cosmic terminals will kick your rear end if you're not careful though. Higher level Xdef waves are also extremely difficult.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Bieeardo posted:

I really wish they'd fix the wave counter. It never tracks the number of defeated bosses in Midtown, stops counting at 99 on goon waves in X-Def, and sometimes doesn't even show the number of students.

I don't think that excuses my last run crapping out at wave seven, though. Ugh.

Look, functioning UI is HARD, okay?

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Eiffel On You posted:

Goons, there are some characters that I just know. I feel like I have a masterful build for Human Torch, Wolferine, Deadpool and Luke Cage at this point. I mean, I'm really confident they can't be bested. It feels really good as a gamer here.

However, I have read quite a number of guides, and read many opinions here too, and want the final conclusion.

How do I build the best Ironing Man? I want a build that makes me feel like a god. I want all the best gear listed and all his best skills. Goons, please help me in this mission. What are his max skills and what's my artifacts/slots 1-5?

I know we have talked Ironing Man a lot in the past and I apologize for this redundancy, but let's set this right. Help please!

Max pulse bolt, arc reactor enhancment, micro missiles, jericho bombardment, force field, and the one-off. His slot 1 and slot 5 uniques are great, you don't have to switch those out. Oscorp prototype generator is his best slot 3, but extremis undersheath ain't bad if you've got that. For slot 4 use the Ninja Tabi, or try to find a decent cosmic boots to put on him. Eidolon Warwear seems like it would be a good slot 2, but his uru-infused armor provides decent defense if you don't have that.

For artifacts, go with power prism shard, pluvian, and advanced metasensory array, and your choice for the last one. I go with an advanced starstone tooth for some extra survivability. If you're lucky enough to have a hand of doom or gem of kurse, I'd switch out the pluvian for it.

For relics you obviously want gibborim, and gungnir is the best legendary as always.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Ranged Taskmaster's gonna be BALLER if this fighting buff is at good as it seems at first glance.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Eiffel On You posted:

Goons, you know what to do. Lead Gaz to the finish line. They are requesting our help about Aunt May's Cane.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/84646/ideas-aunt-may-s-cane-design#latest

After trying Warframe for a bit, I am so loving grateful Gaz hasn't turned to that insufferable "wait X days to craft new item" mechanic you see in FTP games these days.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I'll agree on one thing: costumes are kinda pricier than I'd like. They may be purely cosmetic, but that doesn't mean I'd feel right shelling out a tenner for them, possibly more.

Yeah. I might buy one if they were cheap, like 3-4 dollars, but pricing some of them close to 15 dollars means I'm not even going to consider it.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Man that nerf to the 25% medkits core really, really sucks. I could maybe see why they changed the LL cores but they really should have left the medkit affix alone.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Senor Candle posted:

Why? I feel like they explained their reasoning pretty well.

Doomsaw's line about the medkit affix not being needed due to enemies doing less damage is kind of bullshit. The defense changes they made a few months ago ain't all they're cracked up to be. Higher level Xdef and cosmic terminals still hit with the force of a thousand freight trains. Even with the medkit affix you were far from invulnerable, it just gave you a lot more survivability.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Senor Candle posted:

No, they said that due to their being more item slots and other item changes you can have way more health than what they intended when they made that affix.

Yes, they said that, but they also justified it by saying that enemy damage used to be a lot higher, which is only partially true. Certain modes still have enemies hitting extremely hard. The 25% affix still gets a lot of use in those modes.

I mean, in the grand scheme of things I really don't see how it was that overpowered. It was a very useful affix but I never felt like I was some kind of invincible walking god with it on. I still died a lot even on high health heroes.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
They should just take another look at defense in general. Even after the rework there's still issues.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Did Mr. Strange get changed at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Tried those RNDMCSTM and RNDMHRO keys and they're already expired. I know you've got to be fast with those but I'm a little surprised they didn't last at least through Sunday.

• Locked thread