Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

No the boobplex was someone else maybe Candice. It would suck being booked against Joey and not wanting to touch his dick like what would you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Genuinely wish Blackberry won the phone war, I miss my physical keyboard and my trackball and my brick breaker and my BBM

:cryingcanadianflag:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Rarity posted:

They won the WCW Tag Titles 10 times, they must have been good!

I believe this unironically

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I didn't mean for that to read as me saying HH as good I dont think that. Winning fake belts is just a funny good way to talk about how good people are.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

that was a good thread

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

The wrestlehut will never get its due as the behemoth of online wrestling that it is.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Lol John cena follows her so shes doing something right.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Pylons posted:

This one needs some context - it's a post about Chris Kanyon (specifically an excerpt from his book about the "Boy George" angle)

Ddt4 iirc was Roddy and Bryan beating up one of the bucks so brutally in a tag match the other one though he was going to have to jump in and save his brother

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Alaois posted:

there's like at least 5 different carlos santana songs alone that you could replace that theme with and it would be better

4 horseman solo is way better than any Santana solo

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Replace that gif with one from Bryce reffing invisible man vs invisible stan

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

All the bad ref talk and no one brouggt up the cmll refs, how the company has fallen

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Lol hangman is just like Ricky steamboat as they are both incredibly good pro wrestlers

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i can see to much of edges skull, i dont like it

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Steve Corino no 1!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

boxcarhobo posted:

ok "the outlaw promotion pancrase" has officially triggered me

Makes pancrase sound even cooler

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I watch dynamite with 5 people and only me and one other person has any idea of NJPW. I was pumped for dream matches my other friends were pumped for a big aew show.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Alaois posted:

i have a twitter account but follow nobody and never ever look at my home page, it's basically just a key that lets me see the stuff twitter deems too hot for the general populace

Same same but I follow every wrestler ever.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

gotta take the good with the bad in twitter

quote:

[–]clubberin 16 points 18 hours ago

Actually, Andrew Zarian seems to be the one who gets more information lately. Dave has some insight into the legitimate inner workings of WWE from his years reporting, but his sources have dried up as well.

But what do I know, I only pay to hear Craig give Bryan poo poo. Or Mark's once a year Rumble rant.

wtf

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Pylons posted:

I mostly posted this here because of the "insanely cruel" overreaction.

It would be insanely cruel to me a poor person who loves aew

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Tjpw is kings road you just have to accept this fact

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

5/10 promo needs a little more fire but it did made me want to see him get burning hammered

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

why is vince in the doo-rag???

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

kenta kobashi psshhh who'd he ever beat

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

CobiWann posted:

My friend - "Daniel Garcia's OK in the ring. At best he's a less charismatic Erik Watts."

I have no idea how to respond to this.

i too have a friend who blasts me with ridiculous wrestling opinions. I just ignore the texts sometimes and link them a cool suplex

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

suoer crazy and chris masters get 2 minutes! drat thats a gotta be a banger

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

none of this star wars talk looks like it about wccw's Star Wars shows in the 80's :( keep it on topic people

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

promotions as ranked by cagematch user Zo-Zu

On DDT
[1.0] "I don't get it. I REALLY don't get it. You can't tell us this is all a work and a goof and that the stakes don't matter and then try to make us care about matches afterwards. It doesn't work. You don't splice Wile E. Coyote and The Road Runner into No Country For Old Men and expect it to pan out either. Maybe it's cultural, but this is trash. It's not funny, it's not creative and what good wrestling there is is wasted on gimmickry and booking decisions. Hard pass."

On Chikara
2.0 "There's an air of insecurity clinging to Chikara, whose in-ring work is largely pedestrian at best. The booking decisions, the angles, the gimmicks and the general presence of it reeks of New Generation WWF, but made inexplicably even worse by an air of smugness and pop culture oversaturation that clings to it. It could only have been born in the internet age, and like millions of marks around the world, it thinks that subsuming its whole identity into its favourite anime and video games is a passable enough attempt at a personality. It isn't. And when Chikara aren't being patently insulting in the name of comedy, they're putting on sad, lumbering, awkward play-wrestling matches to crowds who will mark out to anything. Dreadful promotion."

on PWG
4.0 PWG is solely responsible for tipping the balance of American indies away from providing a legitimate and authentic alternative to the anodyne WWE and TNA products and into high gimmickry, overabundance of spots and a cheeky, cynical toying with kayfabe that borders on the obnoxious. In 2019 they are the same as they ever were, but the spawn they have influenced have now lapped them. Too bad.

on The WWE
4.0 Were it not buoyed by a rich history with some genuinely pretty good matches, and a genuinely quite good development program, it would be hard to find nice things to say about the current WWE product, legitimately amongst the worst products in wrestling today. If you find that your stomach doesn't turn at the insulting and ridiculous rebranding of wrestling as " sports entertainment" and wrestlers as " superstars" , you may just be able to digest anything. And maybe that includes pitiful, weak and undercooked matches, bizarre and schizophrenic booking decisions and open contempt for the larger audience. WWE in 2019 is a shambles which, for all its scope, budget and oversaturated air time, can't overcome its own egomania. A cancerous presence in the industry and not remotely deserving of its attention.

On Impact
8.0 just a raiting

on SMW
10.0 The short lived SMW was a sentiment so noble and of such warmth and genuineness that it could bring a tear to the eye. Sadly, it was not to be. Cornette's vision for what pro-wrestling is and should be (not all that different from mine) was simply incompatible in the nascent era of sports entertainment, and against the juggernaut size of WWF and WCW or the audacious spectacle of ECW it couldn't compete. The time is right for a revitalisation, with broadcasting easier than ever, the style SMW perfected is needed in wrestling now more than ever.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

the further coddling of the american child :freep: bring rear end biting to the children of america

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

im back reading cagematch reviews heres some funny ones

StrongStyle2020 wrote on 30.04.2021:
[7.0] "Rey Fenix has declined as a performer in the past year. His lack of selling, psychology and storytelling that prevent him from becoming one of the top wrestlers in the world has always been there, but his high flying and breath taking offence has also gone down a notch over the past year. Frequent botches are now occurring, which were very rare between 2017 - mid 2020. He's still an entertaining talent, but dropped from the ranks of top performers on a consistent basis."

Damian wrote on 08.03.2021:
[0.0] "Chuck Taylor is what would happen if you took everything I hate about pro wrestling and put them all inside a body. He is the archetype of wrestler I dislike the most. He has an atrocious look, he is a terrible promo, he can't work a character for poo poo and even amongst Indie Darlings he might be one of the absolute worst from an in-ring standpoint. But unfortunately the negatives don't stop there with Chuck. His ironic approach on wrestling devalues everything he touches. He has to do some dumb horseshit attempt of humor in everything he does, like the FTR Weenies or the loving hand grenade, or the hugs etc. Even his Dustin run in Evolve, where he was supposedly a more serious version o him, sucked."

texasyosh wrote on 28.04.2021:
[1.0] "Every time I see Luther on my screen I immediately change the channel. Treating him like some sort of gaijin deathmatch legend is a joke. How the hell did they choose HIM to main event a Dynamite? Are you serious?"

woah a second damian opinion

Damian wrote on 13.05.2020:
[4.0] "When the question is Trent? the answer should be "embarrassing gimmick, zero promo skills, charisma vacuum". He has been the Jannetty in tag teams with Rocky Romero, Chuck Taylor and Caylen Croft."

hmm damian seems like they are gonna have some opinions.

Damian wrote on 13.05.2020:
[4.0] "When the question is Trent? the answer should be "embarrassing gimmick, zero promo skills, charisma vacuum". He has been the Jannetty in tag teams with Rocky Romero, Chuck Taylor and Caylen Croft."

Damian wrote on 20.04.2020:
[5.0] "He (Darby Allen) is the embodiment of "I''m 14 and this is 2007". Tiny, with no muscle in his body, emo-punk skateboarder, truly lives in a society bottom text etc. Edgy dark and moody wannabe Jeff Hardy. His in-ring work is not bad but his character work is trash. He also seems like a very bad human being, so it doesn't help he portrays a babyface."

Damian wrote on
[4.0] "One (Dean Malenko) of the most lethargic, uninteresting, uninspiring nobodies in the history of wrestling. He was solid in the ring. He was like a 7/10. Promos? 0/10. Character work? A solid 2/10. Size? 3/10. Look? 3/10. Yet he has a higher rating than guys like Booker T. What the gently caress wrestling fans."

this person says character work a lot lets check the likes

Damian wrote on 14.06.2021:
[10.0] "It's finally time to revise my rating, and bump it from a 9 to a 10. Roman has improved a lot these past few years. He might even be the best overall package in wrestling today. He looks like a God, he can talk, he can do character work, he is a great babyface and an even better heel and his endless list of classic matches really shows how awesome he is inside the ring."

Damian wrote on 14.01.2020:
[7.0] "My dude's you can't have The Ultimate loving Warrior at 4, 5. He wasn't good in the ring but he could be carried to a good match (but never great) but he was one of the coolest wrestlers around. Great look, great gimmick, great intensity, amazing (but nonsensical) promos, big personality, that dude had everything. If only he could wrestle a bit better he would be an absolute 10."

oh my

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

that owens match with the handcufs was really good outside the handcuffs

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

[0.0] "This is not pro-wrestling, this is a slaughter show. I watched their documentary via YouTube on Vice and yeah mad props for doing that crappy stunt but yeah, still a disgrace of the promotion. Upon watching its highlights on the most gruesome CZW moments, like throwing through pile of glass, light tubes, chainsaw FFS, nails, glass shards, is that even wrestling. The zero rating truly deserve it and only deranged idiots would love this garbage."

WoLFPaCKnWo1995 wrote on 15.07.2017:
[10.0] "Ah that's my boy Shawn (Michaels) lol, no seriously the heartbreak kid deserves his place in wrestling history, take notes vanilla midgets, here's a living example on how to be a small wrestler and not suck."

WoLFPaCKnWo1995 wrote on 15.07.2017:
Eddie Guerrero [8.0] no comment

SquilliamFancyson wrote on 11.02.2022:
[10.0] "The Undertaker was not a versatile wrestler, not a dynamic character, not an amazing promo, and yet he's one of the all time greats. His stoicism and longevity created an aura only matched by the murder grandpa Minoru Suzuki, and was a great in-ring performer as his unwavering grim determination let his opponents show amazing emotional depth. The End of An Era hell in cell almost brought me to tears, and his ability to brawl and structure a match were amazing."

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

bartok posted:

True but it would be cool to have Deadlock Pro Wrestling and maybe even New Legacy mentioned on Dark or Elevation.

Pulse was on Dark he won a game thing and booked a match https://youtu.be/NjgFS7qCIhg

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

dax is right any one can have any opinion but cornette needs to shut up about his and if he does talk it should be not reported on

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Bonk posted:

Pretty much without fail, Cagematch users rating 5/10 or 6/10 to Kenny/Ospreay only have current WWE and/or 90s All Japan matches rated 10/10.

paging ARMBAR A COP to armbar that cop

its a fun game to play

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

just a spot monkey says the guy who only thinks working the limb is wrestling

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

hangman was trying to get lil johnny silver his first adult entertainment

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

quote:

People asking why KO didn't come down immediately and help Sami? Firstly, Sami waited and waited to help KO, even when KO was telling him for months what was going to happen. Secondly, KO is not a babyface, he's an anti-heel. Thirdly, they haven't re-established Sami and KO as friends yet. Sami chose the Bloodline over KO at Survivor Series. Just having KO blindly make the save makes no sense, he's just returning the favour for Sami.

I'm looking forward to Roman/Cody and the Usos/SamiKO at Wrestlemania, there's six weeks to build those matches.

anti-heel

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

quote:

I do not believe WWE will sell. Vince selling to the Saudi’s is far fetched imo.

I could actually see WWE merging/acquiring a mid-tier cable channel outright. This would enable WWE to own their means of distribution, sell ads on their content and be mentioned with other big content players that want tv shows and films.

Cable is not dying as fast as people think it will.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

also no tv shows have people in the show talk about their ratings or spot in the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Kilq this brother