Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

"A shoot loser" is some big time "please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad" stuff.

What makes someone a shoot loser vs. a work loser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Contextually if it happened as part of a sick match with build it'd be cool as hell no matter the company yeah. Anarchy In The Arena matches are basically multiman falls count anywhere matches where every member is trying to one up the other to cause as much damage to the opposing faction as possible. Therefore, if you find some pyro in the supply truck, by god you're gonna strap that bad boy to your foot and kick someone.

I still think about John Cena getting chokeslammed through a spotlight and exploding and that match wasn't even that good. I just love poo poo like that :allears:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I just watched an episode of SMW the other day and it spent the entire episode hyping up a guy called Bruiser Bedlam who was a muscular bald gently caress who sucked rear end in the ring and when I looked him up half his Wikipedia page was dedicated to his immense legal troubles.

Also there was a wrestler called Kendo the Samurai who was a guy named Tim Horner, and there was also Dirty White Boy who I would later learn was TL Hopper, and his gimmick seemed to be "extremely racist but a face".

Wrestling like it used to be, folks! Better than anything today!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I once interviewed DJ Hyde for my old college's radio station and he told me a story about how Mox had no furniture until he met Renee except for a giant mattress for orgies, and he only used a flip phone. While in WWE he would bug DJ for new shirts for CZW guys he liked and would only give him PO Boxes so Deej would have to send them to a town and hope Mox was touring in the area.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

extremely cool and not at all racist to dub it with that song btw

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

One of the first episodes of Smackdown I watched had the Krissy Vaine debut and I swear the Hade Vansen vignette was only a few weeks after that. Somehow, I didn't swear off wrestling and stop watching forever, so maybe I'm just built different idk

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Alaois posted:

as someone who frequently makes jokes about Hade Vansen, who the gently caress is Krissy Vaine lmao

Okay so when I first started watching there was a SmackDown episode where a blonde woman randomly attacked one of the Divas, I think it might have been Candice Michelle. Eventually years later I realized that she never showed up again and my brain had just justified it as "oh maybe it was Michelle McCool or something" because I didn't know who anyone was. Looking it up it was Krissy Vaine, who was there for literally just that attack and then left three days later because her boyfriend, who was also signed, quit. The only reason I remember this is because it just so happened to be the first episode of Smackdown I ever watched, which was main evented by Undertaker beating Mark Henry in three minutes.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

The first episode of wrestling I got a friend of mine to watch turned out the be the Raw after Mania where Lesnar returned to the WWE after his UFC run and all he knew was that Lesnar was A Cool Big Guy Who Just Killed That Other Guy and now he goes to his local indy every month.

It's a little sad to see so many people be so incurious but it's also really funny

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

syzpid posted:

Bryan Danielson's yes! run to the title at Wrestlemania XXX is just over 10 years old.

Wasn't the Shield story line pretty good? outside of that though, I can't think of anything from WWE that's been particularly good.

Shield was very good. Kofimania was very good, it just had bad followup. That's all that immediately comes to mind. There's been a lot of little sparks of good poo poo, like King Woods or Hurt Business or what have you, just no really good extended "storylines" in the interim.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

New ROH is so good. The Righteous corrupting Stu was fantastic, Athena is one of the best champs in wrestling today, and Willow gets to wreck poo poo. Sometimes Tracy Williams shows up. Ian and Caprice are great commentators. It's just a really, really fun show.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

this is going to rule for posting

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

If Mae Young can go through a table at, like, 80, I'm pretty sure Sting can do a cool table bump if he feels comfortable with it.

It's so silly, I swear these people think wrestlers are pressured into dangerous spots nowadays or something when it's clearly Sting himself going "hey wasn't that a sick table bump guys"

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

A Fancy Hat posted:

AEW should start advertising Sting matches as being Too Hot For TV. Sell a Blu-Ray of last night's Dynamite and say it's the night Sting was ready to go to Hell and take Sammy with him.

I NEED AEW compilations done in the style of bootleg VHS tapes. Add all the bloodiest matches and then a compilation of crazy Sting spots set to hard rock, all complete with title cards and bad 3D transitions.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

History Comes Inside! posted:

There’s a person on Reddit who posts the only good content that’s ever been posted to Reddit, where they record shows onto VHS tapes and then record the playback on an old CRT

They did highlights from Ospreay/Omega at FD and it looks rad

When I was briefly on r/SC I saw that, it's so sick. I do a lot of similar things with VHS tapes myself and my analog modulation projects and wrestling really hits so, so different on a CRT. The best. :allears:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

The whole anti-AEW grift thing is weird to me? It's well-known that Tony Khan used to go to ECW shows with his dad, which is why he booked Sabu, and the guy's really respectful of all kinds in wrestling and wrestling history as a whole. He booked Gangrel just Because. So you're telling me he wouldn't have happily brought in Justin Credible for a Pure Championship judge spot and paid him or something? I know that Cornette unlocked the Rush Limbaugh Method of grifting people online by pretending to be mad about poo poo and some have followed in his footsteps to middling success, but it just feels wildly counterintuitive to even do this when a billionaire who is predisposed to liking you if you wrestled before 2010 could easily just give you a spot if you ran into him or one of his contacts next WrestleCon.

It's also just sad. Justin Credible, when I was training, actually had a really genuinely good little Wrestling Etiquette 101 primer I think on YouTube that helped get my feet wet before I even took a bump. If he wants to make some money just open a school or an online correspondence course. You could probably sell some pamphlets and make yourself a tidy sum for very little effort. It's not that hard to be a carny and get wrestling fans to part with their money without jumping in on the hilariously transparent grift.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

perhaps by having the most five star matches, Will Ospreay is the greatest wrestler of all? nope. bull poo poo. It is big daddy

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

God the Two Archies moment was an all-timer. Such a fun story.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I just hate how uncanny it is. It was bad enough when it was present during Smackdown but now it just further adds to how disgustingly fake the whole thing feels.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

insane last sentence

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I know I shouldn't ever click this poo poo or read the comments or whatever but my god "he blades on camera!!!" is their talking point now huh

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Power Windows posted:

Are there deathmatches in the Barbie movie?

Actually, yes.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Selachian posted:

From a Cageside Seats thread fantasy-booking a Kenny Omega run in WWE:

Kenny Omega, completely unprepared for an opponent who can chop hard.

I know this thread is for unhinged bad takes and I shouldn't get worked and all but it's the combination macho posturing/"iT aIn'T bAlLeT!" and casual homophobia from these types that really does it for me

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

The funniest WWE Social Media Hivemind moment for me was the time absolutely everyone on the roster tweeted almost the exact same thing about how much fun they were having while playing WWE All Stars shortly before its release, including people like Bryan and a bunch of almost-inactive accounts.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Ryback is so funny because people can say "I want to see Ryback wrestle in AEW" or whatever, the most basic statement, and he will take it as the most grievous insult he's ever heard. He cannot tell the difference between gentle teasing, genuine fan support, and someone who hates his guts. Absolutely wild individual.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Ryback blocked me and my friend because he namesearched and saw that we were (tongue-in-cheek but somewhat genuinely since I just think he's a funny meat man) predicting that he was going to show up during Revolution or something, one of the PPVs. Thinnest possible skin. I hope he squashes someone in AEW it'd be so funny

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I know it's just weird AEW derangement rather than a desire to see modern controversies tackled (though if I must be charitable years down the line Brawl Out would be a potentially interesting subject at least) but man, there's a rich mine of content DSOD could get by covering TNA that none of these weirdo folks are entertaining. They want Tony to be Herb Abrams so bad.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Al Snow was good for his ECW entrance and for being the constant butt of the joke in every Mick Foley book.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Ganso Bomb posted:

I am genuinely curious about what happened that led to him feeling/saying he felt his life was in danger. Obviously it’s one thing to say your safety/the safety of your employees was in jeopardy, but it can be a big leap from general safety to life threatening.

Not arguing how Tony or anyone felt, just morbidly curious as to how much of a poo poo show it was back there.

If I had to guess it had to do with the heavy production equipment and electrical cables that were reportedly getting disturbed, to say nothing of a man screaming and "lunging" towards him while apparently in the presence of multiple people including older production workers who shouldn't have to deal with all this. Must've been crazy, I agree.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I went to a few events after moving to the US, including the Raw where Bret Hart hosted which was the night Impact moved to Mondays. Even more recently when I had fallen out of wrestling in 2018 I went to an NXT house show because my roommate at the time wanted to go and it was fun because live wrestling is fun and we got to cheer loudly for a debuting Punishment Martinez because we thought his name was funny. But even if it was great seeing Keith Lee and Dijak wrestle among many others it was so clear how stripped down even the best WWE event is with the constant ads and slow pace. But I've never bought tickets to anything, not wrestling or movies or concerts, thinking "oh I'm gonna hate this!!!" because who the gently caress does that. Life's too short to be mired in negativity.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

aew constipation

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

MRT's own OP says not to post takes from bigots...but at the same time anyone unironically calling for Kelly Kelly back should be clowned on...A difficult situation

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Now that's just mean!!!!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Other wrestlers call each other by their work names. What a jackass.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

ECW on Sci-Fi in late 2007 was one of my introductions to wrestling and I still genuinely cannot fathom wanting to seriously see that match at a main event level in 2023

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Stevie no :smith:

I liked his previous videos a lot; I didn't get a chance to watch this one before it got taken down so I hope this isn't a trend.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Yeah, I really hope that Stevie doesn't start to pander to the worst types. His other videos have all been very fair and really fun, and he's a likable guy. But, well, rage generates clicks I guess.

ARMBAR A COP posted:

It’s amazing to think that the people who just really want AEW to fail have all this disposable income to sit at the front row at AEW shows

Meanwhile us AEWailures are waiting at the food stamp line

It's so wild. Like drat I wish I had the money and time off work to go to one of the shows they're running an hour away but I just don't right now. I can't imagine the mentality of wanting to go to a show just to fold your arms in disapproval at the product lmfao. Go do something you like instead.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

This is honestly a blow, I know all wrestlers are terrible and yadda yadda but. Stevie :smith:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

not so tough without your SCISSORS

I think I learned that Smackdown spoilers existed maybe a year after I became a regular watcher? I wouldn't seek them out but whenever I'd go on TheWrestlingFan and WrestleZone Forums I'd catch a whiff of them. To say nothing of how dirtsheets and rumor magazines and newsletters have been existing since, like, the 70s.

Remember when WWE.com had their own insider info section that would talk about TNA? That was weird.

Gumball Gumption posted:

People who post those memes are always the most tuned into the gossip mill, an active choice they're making and could stop at any time

It's literally so easy

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

There are entire Facebook pages I'm served up that are exactly that, constantly posting hot takes with signed posts that exist to bait as many comments as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

eaverr