Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Tampa Bae posted:

Wait until you hear the story about how my dad won an N64 from a local fox station's Simpson's trivia contest and my mother made me hand it to a very confused garbage truck driver.

Hope that sanitary worker made his kids very happy that day because it hadn't even been opened

I had to throw out all my RPG books (which I had spent ~all my summer job and whatever money on all my life until that point as a teenager) because some Jehovah's Witnesses insisted that they were satanic. When I tried to point out that some of them extremely were not because they were standard sci-fi stuff, they switched to "yeah well they feature a future where Armageddon hasn't come to pass so they're sinful as well plus these games force you to adopt a persona that's not yours and that's disrespectful to Jehovah".

So I feel you. loving religious yahoos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Far be it from me to doubt the word of AEW Botches... but... I kinda doubt the word of AEW Botches.

And the chorus of Vincels going "it's this behaviour that's keeping me from watching their product", because obviously this is something that happens every day. A loving pandemic of doxxing, I tell you!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

A few weeks ago I clipped the Kenny Omega Boo-urns bit off Dynamite and put it on YouTube because I like putting up clips of things I might want to look at later.

All of a sudden, a few days ago, the clip blew up. It went from a few hundred views to over 20k in days, and while previously the comments were just largely dudes talking about how much they like Kenny Omega's weird gimmick or making the "I was saying nooo-no-no-no" joke, suddenly there was an influx of SUPER ANGRY WWE fans.

All of a sudden I've had to block dozens of comments and people because some assholes keep spamming the same dumb, tired "lol u virgin cuck u like a clown" comments over and over again.

It honestly feels like it says something about these guys that "virgin" is their go-to insult, almost like that was something they were super insecure about in their own selves...

I suddenly have a lot more sympathy for the people who have to moderate AEW's own social media channels.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

They're right about one thing though, my favourite wrestler isn't Sasha Banks.

It's Hikaru Shida.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

D.N. Nation posted:

they RUINED Ruby's debut!!!!!!

Ruby f-in' rules but she's been low-card for years and now she's getting a title shot so, uh? How was it ruined?

So just for those who didn't see All Out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B-4m92o67E

Pictured: a woman who is having a terrible time and her experience is ruined.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Dawgstar posted:

I have the biggest smile.

That's the AEW All Out effect :)

E:

If you want to smile some more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZKTlkulTp8

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Sep 7, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Well poo poo, I mean I guess that's Jamie Hayter's career done and dusted. It's not like they could be building up to a story or anything? Like maybe she gets tired of Britt or maybe Britt starts trying to push her around because she's intended to be her muscle and she's losing to people she was supposed to beat up for Britt? And maybe that could lead to a program between the current champion and Jamie Hayter?

poo poo, something like that could be cool but sadly we don't live in a world where that is possible.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lid posted:

She lost a handicap match against Kris Stat with her partner being the dead weight of Rebel and straight up walking out. She waa not made to look a goof at all in the match but the match was entirely a Stat showcase so shes buried and will never ever recover. Rest in peace Hayter.

But on the flipside Bianca Belair eating a loss at Summerslam in literally two moves was actually bold storytelling and is definitely building up to something amazing and furthermo

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

https://twitter.com/LadyViceVenom/status/1447375069290897413

[x] pro-WWE tweets
[x] fan of a Premier League football team
[x] bunch of tweets about old Hell in a Cell matches etc

Only bad and disgusting and bad for business when some do it?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I was going to reply something to this weirdo, but then I stopped to think if I REALLY want to get into a twitter thing with some alt-right lunatic. And you know, I probably have better things to do with my life.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

karmicknight posted:

Do not interact with people posted here. I swear to loving god.

No I meant originally when I spotted the original tweet, but then I decided to post it here to be laughed at instead.

But it's good advice anyway.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Proposal: A bid to get more representation, visibility and screen time for black and PoC wrestlers.

Reality: An insane Twitter man ends up creating the Measurehead Race Science Wrestling Federation.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

You know, Jim, this isn't the insane ice burn slam you probably thought it was. I see a man who is BEAMING from ear to ear because he gets to work with his best friends, put on great matches, do the kind of goofy poo poo we know he loves to do, work and travel with his girlfriend (or fiancé? I'm not sure) all while being paid well and enjoying a level of creative freedom he's never known before.

https://twitter.com/Cornyverse/status/1453859744569905156

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Tampa Bae posted:

It's another chapter in the self-destruction of the WWE. Won't be the death, corporations and governments will still keep giving them money even if Vince is the only one still watching

It's also hilariously stupid. It gives your talent extra income (making them happier), it gives them a new audience that might be tempted to check out your wrestling product and is a fun way for them to connect with fans.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

To quote Adam Cole himself:

Adam Cole posted:

"Actually being here... the past five weeks have kind of felt like a dream to me. It's been absolutely unbelievable every single week. I'm not kidding when I say I'm having the time of my life, and All Out was my favourite night of my wrestling career"

"I had a great four years in NXT. I had a great relationship with Triple H, I had a great relationship with Shawn Michaels, I loved the locker room there."

Seriously: he wasn't miserable before so it's not sour grapes, but he's a lot happier now. I guess that's a pretty hard pill for some people to swallow.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It's one of the few things Vince McMahon and I have in common.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Renaissance Spam posted:

And I think there's an argument to be made there; the last two Halloween Dynamites had some stuff but the main event was treated seriously and without costumes.

I disagree pretty strongly. Wrestling isn't real, and there's nothing sacred about the main event. The ultimate goal of wrestling is to be entertaining, and with the right people a bunch of goofballs doing Turtles movie spots in Ghostbusters costumes is extremely entertaining.

I would much rather take that than a bunch of serious fighty shouty mans doing a boring match or a boring match with a DQ finish or some poo poo.

Honestly what's really impressive about AEW is that they can offer all kinds of wrestling from insanely technical showcases to Japan style 30 minute time limit draws to super entertaining comedy matches and everything in between.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

https://twitter.com/DT_NerdyGeek/status/1460305136673333255
a lot of attention has gone to the effects that Doing professional wrestling has on the brain

maybe not enough to the effects that Watching professional wrestling has on the brain

Hmm yes the Young Bucks are definitely in the business of burying all their competition and never putting anyone over or making them look good.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

VideoWitch posted:

Amazing that none of the people in the responses got the right answer of "Because he wants to and it would be cool"

How are these people so loving bad at watching TV? They literally said it out loud on Dynamite: Danielson is going through the Dark Order to piss off Page and to hurt his friends to provoke him. And to show off, because he feels like he's on a whole other level compared to Page and the Dark Order, so he can just take them apart at his leisure and then finish the coup de grâce by taking Hangman's belt.

B-b-b-b-but his title challenge, y he need 2 ern it bad AEW booking?!!!!?!!!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The "KEITH LEE WAS A PIECE OF poo poo ALWAYS ACTUALLY" takes have now begun.

https://twitter.com/JobberNationTV/status/1475319519836921857

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I don't think Randy Orton would be even a top 5 Danielson opponent of 2021, let alone all time.

E: poo poo, forget about 2021, he's not even in the top 5 Danielson opponents from these past three months.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 29, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ganso Bomb posted:

That's why it wasn't one of the three things I mentioned

I wasn't calling you out, I was responding to that guy's dumb take. Sorry if it came across the other way!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh you mean the "I did data entry for WWE, I'm the wrestling insider, hire me Sean of Fightful dot com what you didn't well now I'll start spreading slanderous poo poo about you" person?

A lot of things. A lot of things.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

You sure are salty as gently caress about "it's hard to get super excited about Hangman as the champion because Danielson is too good".

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Cavauro posted:

the above post is an XKCD reference

Don't you put that loving evil on me.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shard posted:

It's a bad take my friend

Yeah but you're the guy with a Hangman Page short story for an avatar so you're not an impartial judge. Unlike Mark Henry.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

forkboy84 posted:

Yes, & as we all know that's why Tom Magee had a tremendously successful wrestling career.

Sadly there is more to being a TV ready professional wrestler than having a great look.

Jade's perfectly fine. She's still green but she's putting on perfectly fine matches and it's kinda weird that people insist she's some kind of Performance Center graduate who is struggling to do one star matches.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Destroy My Sweater posted:

I've been seeing "Jade is a Bianca Belair ripoff" takes. They're either not actually watching or are just telling on themselves lol Even in bad faith that's dumb as gently caress.

That unintentionally says a lot about them because as you point out, the only thing they have in common is "black woman". They have completely different personalities, characters, in-ring styles etc.

But I guess only one promotion is allowed to have black people.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Gonzo McFee posted:

"Where has she worked hard" said the 17 year DJ.

Like I'm not into body shaming anyone, but it is seriously hard to read this "SHE'S REALLY LET HERSELF GO" bullshit from a dude who probably looks like a sack of potatoes. This is someone who has no idea how much work it takes build muscle and how insane your routine has to be to get a body like Jade's.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Hasn't it been popularised by Dan Lambert recently?

I think I need to watch more vlogs because I missed Dan Lambert smoking ice from a bong.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Zombie Lemur posted:

I think it's funny that Tony Khan will go rounds with random WWE reply guys with 15 followers but completely ignores this dude.

You know it drives him crazy.

Tony didn't send him any cheese so now he gets the whine.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The cultists have now convinced themselves that Jon Moxley won't be appearing at the Royal Rumble, but Dean Ambrose will. Because... they didn't censor his name from a promo anymore?

https://twitter.com/SMITH_FARJU_RR/status/1482178082249363463

https://twitter.com/SMITH_FARJU_RR/status/1482165718372204546

https://twitter.com/SMITH_FARJU_RR/status/1482896551630540800

https://twitter.com/Tribal_Chief18/status/1482868140983869442

https://twitter.com/AnnetteReid247/status/1482164616822206464

Like... if you love Jon Moxley so much, just loving... watch AEW.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ganso Bomb posted:

Why would I support the company that drove him into rehab???

I believe they actually had him walk.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Nikki AGOASH, Almost Got Over As Super Hero.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

WWE about to move from the casual space into dead space.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

IGgy IGsen posted:

I agree with this tweet. Because I'm soooooo loving tired of this poo poo. Maybe it's because I'm German and know what a kinda regular-rear end name Günther Stark is. So trying to connect the name to a random, probably long dead, Nazi of the same name who didn't do anything of import and who no one knew about until today seems way off to me. But whatever.

Like, I agree. On one level. I don't think they set out to name WALTER after a Nazi u-boat commander (although it's not impossible). But look at the big picture.

We have a guy who was doing the whole "German speakers in long black leather jackets yelling in German, talking about the Ringkampf and tweeting about how their faction is über alles" thing. Then you take his current name, WALTER, which is established and a perfetly fine, albeit not stereotypically german, name. And you rename him Gunther, which is.

There's exactly one connotation you're giving his gimmick here. Even if that's not 100% your intention, you have to realize that's what you're doing. And let's be honest: this is the same place where they wanted the Pakistani guy play a terrorist, where they already had middle-eastern dudes play terrorists, where they have the Japanese woman do a sexualized school girl gimmick etc.

It would be extremely generous to assume there are some hidden layers of nuance here instead of Vince going "Hey that guy speaks German, let's make him a diet nazi!"

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shard posted:

This is like one of those pictures where someone says this is the future atheist want and then you go yeah that would be rad lol

It's always eye opening to get a glimpse into the psyche of someone who is so different as to almost be alien to me. I look at that picture and see a guy who is having fun and probably pretty secure in who he is. He sees the end of the world as we know it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

disaster pastor posted:

I actually went to Keith's blog a couple weeks ago because it occurred to me he'd probably fit great in a "no psycho poo poo, only funny takes" bad takes thread, and I was actually kind of pleasantly disappointed? Like he's still Scott Keith and still has some weirdo opinions and complete misunderstandings, but he's generally pretty PSP-orthodox these days: "AEW is good, WWE is awful, the people behind WWE are terrible." I couldn't find anything worth the effort.

And then his comments section has the opposite problem: there are very few bad takes I saw in that cesspool that were closer to "funny take" than "psycho poo poo." :shrug:

I used to read Scott Keith (he was ... uhhh... Netcop? Was it?) back in the day and he was my go-to-guy for PPV reviews before ordering a tape from some tape trader. What happened to him since then, or was he always a weirdo and I just didn't notice?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

yea ok posted:

gaslighting

Gaslighting is how Gunther reads in his house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

forkboy84 posted:

Buried becoming another term for "losing a feud" sure is fun.

Big hoots at corpse of Suzuki as if he isn't still basically Minoru Suzuki.

Yeah just lol at the idea that AEW "buried" Suzuki. His entrance was accompanied by one of the top guys in the promotion holding his head in unbelieving despair and mouthing "NO loving WAY". At every step he was made to look like an almost immortal badass who tested wrestlers to their very core. When his entrance music was cut off due to a production snafu, they turned it into a big storyline about how he was disrespected and wanted blood.

But yes he was buried.