Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

got jumped by CaJe and wife, but worked out for me

cue mad IM requests for one on ones and nbloc gank squads being called in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

Ratoslov posted:

A mini-FAQ for noobs:

Cash Rules Everything Around Me: Get That Money, Dolla Dolla Bill Y'all

So, at the bottom of your inventory is this counter:

Those count how much currency you have. They are, from top to bottom, Bound Liang, Unbound Liang, and Silver Notes. Bound Liang are useless Monopoly money which you use for buying poo poo from NPCs, Practice Martial Arts, and pretty much nothing else. There is a limit to how much you can spend per day, but aside from that it's essentially limitless. Unbound Liang (also known as 'tael') is real money, which can be spent on poo poo you actually care about and can be traded to other players. You can also spend it on the same stuff you can spend Bound Liang on if you turn on that radio button next to it. Don't do that. The last currency is Silver Notes. I don't know much about them because you can only get them by spending Gold (i.e. dollars) on.

You mixed these two up, but otherwise nice guide

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

Saradiart posted:

Evidently Snail will in, no way, restore the 19 ding that I lost from being hacked/that was stolen from me by Zovereign.

I am depressed since it seems particularly impossible to make money nowadays.

e: Also they responded to my ticket on the support site in Chinese, so I had to google translate.

This is why you spend all your money on stupid poo poo :smuggo:

(RIP my 3+ ding ;_:)

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
Pictures from the suzhou event~

ded bodies and a huge-rear end lightning storm

Jet Li's goku power cannot be contained by mere mortals

That's some serious chinagame morality

Totally fun event, would play again 10/10
Drops demon soul chasing books, and TV set skills.

Skion fucked around with this message at 07:53 on May 12, 2014

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
Got a new SSD to replace my exploded HD, but logged in to find my account cleaned out. Yet again.
Even had the matrix, new passwords all that poo poo from the last time.

Hoping support actually does something, because this poo poo is mad gay.

Also pulled some old screenshots which I'll post in here.

^Was from killing viet kidnap bots for a week :>

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
There was talk of checking out that swordsman game, and I saw this on mmorpg.com
http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/518/Swordsman-Closed-Beta-Key-Giveaway.html

You have to download a origin/steam-esque client and its like 12 loving gigs, but might dick around in it for a day. Its Perfect World so my hype levels are at minimum, but who knows mite b cool.

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
Do you like torture and/or cart raiding? Apparently Swordsman has that poo poo in spades

In our base we have a torture area where we inflict pain and people for:

Whats this thing do? We don't know yet, we need 3+ people at a rank above newcomer. That means people who have been in guild for 24+hours and have 40 guild points.

How do you get these points?

When you join the guild you should be able to do missions for points, the ones we did rewarded 15 each so it should be super easy to do.

Game is weird as gently caress, combat is wonky but this guild hall is way cooler at least.

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
Been playing with some other classes besides harmony, including Zethyr and 5 Poisons. Think I'll be going 5P for launch, seems pretty fun with a bunch of AOE stuff.

Also apparently every class has a unique blocking animation, dodge animations, and different abilities and appearances for your first pet. This made playing around different classes pretty fun. I'd definitely recommend making a few alts and see what seems neat.

There's a decent wiki at http://swordsman.gamepedia.com/Swordsman_Wiki and has an overview on classes, and some of the sets.

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

We need some write ups for a few classes in swordsman online.

Shaolin, wu-tang, E'mei, harmony, Zephyr, and five venoms.

This doesn't need to be long, just enough for a new person to get an idea of the theme and some moves.

Harmony is a rogue/assassin class. Uses a Longsword/Shortsword combo as a weapon, hidden in a guitar or whatever.
1st set has a poison attack and naruto shadowclones. Has a "teleport to enemies face" skill thats pretty handy.
2nd set is very fast and full of charges. Also has a spin2win that sucks in nearby mobs, a 3hit breakdance that blinds, knockdowns, crazy stuff. And for pvp an unblockable dash that paralyzes for 2 seconds, very good for pvp.
3rd set sends out ghosts and is a ranged set. The main gimmick is tapping buttons usually just sends out a ghost to attack a ranged opponent, while holding it will have you go in place of the ghost and do bonus effects. Pretty weird, but fun.

Overall Harmony does ton of damage, but is pretty fail and has no GET THE gently caress OUT options.

As far as 9poison I only got the first two sets. They use whips and poison, think WV with S&M.
1st is pretty boring, its a ranged palm set with a whip attack that pulls you in to a target then kicks them back. The main draw is this set drops a huge plant that heals any friendly for shitloads for x seconds, 1 minute cooldown.
2nd set is a crazy whip set that focuses on AOE damage, and a few single target grabs and attacks. Has a whopping 9 skills, so plenty of room to customize for single target or aoe fighting. Seems super fun, and reasonably fast.
3rd set from what I hear cranks the aoe stuff to 11, so this class seems to be heavy on PVE and AOE attacks.

This is by no means comprehensive, just the feel I got while playing for about a week.

EDIT: I also played a LITTLE of Zephyr, 1st set is straight-up a mage with blasting ice, and a few aoe attacks. Also you can dance to heal allies :dance:
I saw a preview of the 2nd set at http://swordsman.gamepedia.com/Zephyr_skills and it looked super complicated, and had huge cooldowns on everything.

Skion fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 28, 2014

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
I'm just waiting for the announcement that servers are going down for good.

Then we can all hop on one last time and vomit all over each other like the good ol' days.

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
I am a huge sucker for the sphere grid meridian system.

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
I remember getting killed while farming wheat about 15 minutes after joining the guild; was told the reason was all goons must die.
Stuff like this turned it from a dumb broken china game into a carte blanche for pvp schenanigans without any of the guilt.

Hopefully Moonlight Blade will be coming our way because it looks pretty much like wushu 2.0

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Dungeon runs were pretty bearable as a musician once that sweet, sweet autoplay kicked in. I played a lot of china game from my browser. :allears:

Oh man I still have nightmares about that Delamore longmen inn run where I had to play music without VIP

gently caress that giant eunich

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=44705

guild war rework only two years too late, I seriously doubt the us population could even fill out a 24v24 guild war at this point

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
Been missing my old broken chinagame recently but listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJUh8MZJNUo helps
wonder if its worth dicking around in age of wulin at all

edit: gently caress it, if this account migration thing ever works i'll dick around in wulin a little. Never played with vagabond as I didn't wanna lose my scholar stuff, only set I need is demon heart chain hand.

Skion fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Apr 10, 2015

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
I haven't even been playing for 20 minutes.

No regrets

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

All I did was kill afk people doing carts and I got 4 pages of mad

Also wulin is pretty good, but battleping/wtfast is necessary. Huge lag spikes ping around 300-400 without. Fairly stable 150-200ms with.

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
Guess who I found

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
Wushu's servers were so bad my ping is pretty much the same after going to wulin. I use the free version of WTFast but thats only to reduce ping spikes, averages around 180ms regardless.
Really the only negative with wulin is that books and all events are around 6 hours earlier then wushu.

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

Zipline posted:

That and you lose all your progress in Wushu. That's one thing making me hold off on signing up. Another is that Moonlight Blade drops in 12 days and that looks amazing, so might be worth waiting for that, play with a big Goon group again. Either way I'm going to be going to actual China at the end of June, so I'll only have a month of playtime tops. Although while I'm there I could just buy a Chinese SIM card and do whatever they have over there, I don't know. Is a SIM card all I need to get into these betas and stuff? Even if it's not connected to any carriers?

I've been "hacked" so many times in wushu I don't have much progress to lose (Only game I've ever had hacker issues with outside DFO). Definitely jumping on moonlight blade when it doesn't need china schenanigans and its in something resembling english. From the little I've seen of it looks like a very pretty version of wushu. Right now wulin is a nostalgia trip and timewaster.

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

I know i'm ready for the vietnam war part 3.

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
So I've been playing wushu as of a week ago for nostalgia's sake and to check out the server merge. Having a pretty good time, but a certain somebody attacked me out of the blue.

That's right two years later and kingcee is still salty as gently caress and shouting gently caress GOONS. Jizzwizz really hosed this guy up :V

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

Shalhavet posted:

v drat you now I'm reinstalling it too.

Aww yeah let's all make bad decisions

edit: also speaking of CallMeKing, he and some other rebellion members got permabanned for duping items and unbound. RIP 100k character

Skion fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Aug 17, 2016

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

ponzicar posted:

I'm not going to bother looking, but I'm guessing that the Tangmen one still sucks rear end compared to the second.

Opposite, its pretty much the same inner but better. Something something build stacks that max out at 30% crit/crit damage and 30% dodge.

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
Our favorite autist has been trying his hand at prose:
http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=84148

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

Almond Crunch posted:

So i am playing wushu too, has anyone even played any of the new eight schools? I'm playing the retooled shaolin and it is p coooooool

I was playing wushu again for a good three months or so recently so I might be able to help. The 8 new hidden schools are sister branches of the existing 8 schools. If you are a member of the associated school you can join/leave the faction and keep your main school skills.
I was scholar so I (accidentally) joined the Mt. Hua faction. It has two sets both heavily focused on 1v1 combos. 1st set is internal. entirely focused on a knockup>air knockdown>damage combo. If you get the combo off its hard to escape, but it has no versatility outside of that. Second set is a little harder to use but has some VERY high damage rages and charges. You get a few tools to give you openings for it including a three time use charge/stun, aoe pull/knockdown, silences. Only drawback is it is an external set.

You can look at all the sets on youtube if you search IXTHUA, honestly just pick what looks cool and go with it.

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

How much trouble is it to play AoW if you want to just run up and gank random assholes instead of being part of the ~pro elite~ PVP scene?

Thats the big problem, nobody left but those guys. There were also serious hacks/exploits that were kept secret for years and only recently patched. Stuff like summoning world bosses and calling skills to one-shot them, forcing cultivation into skills, etc.

If you played back in the day, run around enjoy the music and take in the nostalgia for a bit. I had a good 3 months or so doing that. Otherwise you're better off not getting involved.

angerbeet posted:

Depends on the server I guess, they seem to do newer servers every now and then and I'm in the middle of typing this sentence and having script stealing flashbacks and feel like I need to warn you away from chinagame.exe

Speaking of that, they relaunched white tiger server for some reason if you want to play on a fresh-ish server. Heard from steam friends that you couldn't buy VIP or cash shop stuff or something, but that may have been fixed.

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

angerbeet posted:

you're just mad b/c you don't know what a bookcase looks like

please post a picture in chat so I know what they look like

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
It's fun to poke around in chinagame again, but the malaysian servers seem dead as gently caress. I think our best bet is to jump in on the new china server that's coming in a month.

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

GreatestNerdEver posted:

in the meantime the newest chinese server was released in june, is only on 3rd inners, and is very populated!

also I don't know for SURE if china is getting a new server but they have had a schedule of doing a new one every 2 months-ish and the last was on june 8th so

Didn't know it was that recent, thought it was like NA where servers are every big patch. I'm totally down for china servers if we can wrangle some english speakers for it.

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

So china chinagame is WAY more populated. This picture taken at like midnight my time.
For those of us who are already playing malaysia version, most of the hassle is the same. Still messing with poor ping, chinese names, etc. However the server we are on here is super active vs malaysia being pretty much dead.

The only pain in the rear end is the requirement for china ID. Generated ones get you in the door, but if its not legit you get flagged as under 18 with a 3 hour time limit to play. Its loving terrible. To get around this we pay someone 10bux to make an account for us with legit info, and we have a legitimate account with no restrictions.

https://www.obtgame.com/age-of-wushu-chinese-server-account.html

Looks shady but no scamerino. Download bigbos fully translated client from the discord, and hit the right server.

That's pretty much it. We have a channel for china server and a guild set-up. If you're having fun on malaysia don't feel a need to move, but if you're bored with no people china server is good.

https://discord.gg/7t94xkA

Skion fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 31, 2018

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
Nexon killed both mabinogi and DFO for me. Not a good track record. Who knows though?

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
New server launch in china on friday according to BigBo, expect some shilling and a writeup post later. Gonna be some good times for sure though

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

Xii posted:

I miss this game, no one plays it anymore right?

The first guild fights we had were epic.

You can play on the chinese server, we had a discord group for it. Was a fun two months or so on a new server, but the language barrier makes grouping outside of our group hard. Otherwise though, we have a translation pack and the server ping is fairly decent. It's a totally playable chinagame experience minus the goon retard squad.

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
Feeling the chinagame itch again, good chance i'll be jumping in with the new china server whenever that is. Really want to give shaolin a try and just wrestle through blocks all day.

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

Skylight posted:

Hoo boy, true that.

Anyone still on the Chinese servers, or did I miss that boat by a couple months?

New server launches on the 14th, you can create a character early on the 12th. We got a fairly large group of people this time so should be some longevity if we are lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

Skylight posted:

Nice, nice. Discord still up?

The old discord got deleted, the new one is a general 9yin community rather then just goons. There's some guide channels to help you get started as well.

https://discord.gg/EJ3VXzG

SweetBro posted:

How many? Cause last time we had like 6 people total.

About 100 people in the server, here's hoping they actually play.