Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Are UAVs still OP or are they back now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

I dunno, BLOPS 2's campaign seemed tame and reserved when compared to Price surviving a helicopter crash, falling through glass, and lighting up a cigar after hanging the villain.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

I feel like most people would die but Price walked it off :clint:

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Shnakepup posted:

Haven't they hinted at some kind of active camo? Maybe the pro tier for whatever stealth perk they have will have you just be literally invisible.

"Hey, that special Predator streak was so popular in Ghosts..."

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Don't worry, I'm sure it will easily be countered by Wallhack Pro. I mean Oracle.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

I think I see a super OP UAV icon in his scorestreak slots on the side there. Not sure what the other thing is.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

I don't care about their silly campaign plot, if there are VSATs, I am 100% on board.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Am I reading right that there is no C4 in this game? Because that was kind of my most used weapon in MW3, BLOPS2, and Ghosts.

If VSAT is an upgraded UAV in this game, does that mean that the GhostLow Profile perk blocks it?

Also, trophy system built into hoppy suit :getin:

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

limited posted:

Yet there's now a sniper pistol to go with the sniper rifles. :suicide:

How can you quickscope a sniper pistol, bro? That poo poo's just not pro.

But seriously, no C4 saddens me. Maybe I will use hunter killerexplosive drone instead. Although my use of EMP grenades is likely to triple.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Nucka posted:

Field orders were great and not hard to complete at all. High TTK works in your favor as well. Satellite crash was junk, but another reward was a precious squad point and the replenishing of your ammo and equipment.

Replenishing equipment wouldn't have felt like such a reward if they'd allowed scavenger to replenish it like in BLOPS 2. Plus there was nothing more pointless than getting a SATCOM as a reward for completing a field order.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

I eagerly await the return of the spreadsheet. Sorry in advance, Jetpack.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

sunday at work posted:

The re-skin for next year is the Old West. 1886!

The Model 1887 in its natural habitat.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

I just realized that a hoppy suit with a trophy system built in could go hilariously wrong in hardcore.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I'm glad they're sticking with the Blogs 2 weapons attachments generally. Makes everything seem like a balancing act.

Yeah, actually making attachments matter is definitely the way to go. It was so dumb that they were reduced to the absolute minimum impact in Ghosts just so they could create a ton of perks.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

whip posted:

Cloaking and jetting into doorways is seriously going to make SnD fun.

I thought you could only have one hoppy suit ability at a time?

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

I forget already, are they doing Dom like BLOPS 2, with two rounds and spawn flipping at half time? Or will it be more like MW3/Ghosts?

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Wazzit posted:

The way I understood it is that there was a regular Dom game mode without Rounds and there was a separate playlist or custom games option for :siren::c00lbert:~~~eSports~~~:c00lbert::siren:.

Just screen grabbed some bullshit from CharlieIntel:

What the hell is Team Domination? And how is that any different from regular Domination?

Also, I know that they're bringing back teamkilling in Hardcore, but does anyone know what modes will be in the Hardcore playlist?

Gordon Shumway fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 10, 2014

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Sounds like a cross between zombies and Mass Effect 3's multiplayer.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

I'm planning on getting AW for the Xbone if anyone wants to add me to that list. Gt is Jack5434. I'll probably be playing a bunch of BLOPS 2 on the 360 in the upcoming weeks to get myself back in the COD groove.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

SubponticatePoster posted:

Amazon has what it calls the "Day Zero" edition, that will arrive at your house on the 3rd so you have an entire day to poopsock before official relase: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_i=6427814011 .

I fuckin' ordered it :shepicide:

A notice about "Day Zero" popped up when I started playing BLOPS 2 yesterday that suggested it will be Double XP as well.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Two weeks from now is too far into the future to know whether I will be on an away project for the entire week or not, so I will be getting AW sometime after its actual release.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Hopefully they keep sidearms useful like in blops 2 so running around with a tac 45 or BDR as primary was a viable option.

If they have any sense, they'll do it like in BLOPS 2, where if you have a pistol and don't equip a primary, you start with the pistol out. Having to switch to it from the knife after every spawn in Ghosts was irritating.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

bear is driving! posted:

"Show some loving respect you scrubs! You're being crushed by Youtube Superstar Rick Venutolo (R) (TM)"

He has a sandwich named after him, you know.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

You should save yourself some time and just add me, Ty, and ven to that now.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

anuj posted:

One of the Combat Record screens. Digging the # of decimal places on accuracy.

I like that W/L is on there but K/D is not. And both Score and SPM, nice.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

bear is driving! posted:

It's the only stat that matters bro *pounds Mountain Dew* *smashes Doritos*

What about your Dew/Doritos ratio, bro?

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Well, I've finally gone and got the Xbone. I'm traveling for work until Tuesday so I probably won't have this dumb game until then.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

venutolo posted:

I'm very excited to teamkill you in new and exciting ways.

Jetpack thought it was bad before, but now we have laser shotguns.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Played this game a bit last night, it's pretty fun. I still haven't totally figured out the exo suit yet though, and pubbies are still terrible as always. I'm also trying to acclimitize to the Xbone, and I guess I hosed up accepting game invites. Sorry Bear and co. Although I'm sure you'd rather roll with ven when he's going 60-2.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Mill Village posted:

Yes, they are changing them. They are also not supposed to reset when you Prestige.

Well, guess I'll hold off on prestiging until that gets fixed. Is this for all challenges or just the camos?

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Sorry Bear, I only had one more game in me so I just played one really quick instead of rejoining you guys.

On the plus side, Domination Mastery in under a week :getin:

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Fart Sandwiches posted:

What allows you to keep points towards streaks after death? Even though it increases cost? I'm not good at this game and would like to see some streaks.

The support upgrade, but it's only available for certain streaks. The ones I use it on are UAV and Care Package.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Sorry for the dropping so abruptly guys. My controller decided it didn't want to work anymore after only a week. I never had anything go wrong with my 360 in a five year span but one week in and the Xbone is trying to poo poo the bed on me.

I guess it's like this though:

de_dust posted:

next gen as gently caress

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

SubponticatePoster posted:

Actually I found that my emblems were still there in the app. It's all hosed up and doesn't load, but if you click on the + sign it will load the emblem, then go in, make no changes and save it and it will be there when you back out. Then you can set it to appear on your playercard. :iiam:

Yeah, when I prestiged on Sunday night, my emblem stuck around and I don't even have the app. Is that the source of the problem, or did I just get lucky?

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

They changed the dogfight medals for the EM1 to Bloodthirsty medals. That's excellent.

They should just get rid of the requirement for dogfight medals entirely.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Christoff posted:

how's exo ping on domination?

I feel like the best exo for domination should be the trophy system, but since it's such a late unlock I haven't had the opportunity to really try it out yet.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

I was playing with the BAL less than an hour ago and it was still stupid powerful.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Fibby Boy posted:

I like Ascent, Defender, Detroit, Instinct, and Comeback. The only ones I outright dislike are Greenband and Recovery. The rest I'm indifferent to.

I actually like Recovery, it's easier to get streaks because the flags shift halfway through the round and you can get extra capture points. Plus no one can hide from Bombing Run :getin:

Tuesday morning pubbies were especially awful. And I learned that the Warbird wrecks people even better in Hardcore.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

I really wish they had included select fire as an attachment, given how many guns are semiauto or burst fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Pretty_Llama posted:

Remind me never to get in a foxhole with Jack - he runs at the first sign of danger. We were in the middle of a back and forth round capping A when the enemy called in a Vulcan - the coward jumps off the point with one tick left to let me get cooked. You are on team XxXsnIpezX 2.0 probation.

That was a solid win - we all went something like 10-25 and somehow pulled it out. Some guy on the other team went 43-3 with 10 caps. It was good to have a crew that was willing to put up with a round like that and not jump ship because we weren't up 150-10.

If only we'd been playing hardcore, I could have teamkilled you and spared you the indignity of getting hit by the vulcan.

I thought I had timed my jump away just right so that we'd get the cap and I'd avoid the blast, but alas. Your reaction was well worth it, though, because it never crossed your mind that it had been me.

• Locked thread