Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

DrBouvenstein posted:

I give no fucks about garage placement, but it looks like you're going for a slab, and not a proper basement. That offends me mightily. :colbert:

Here in Texas nobody builds basements for two reasons. One you only have to go down past the freeze line and unlike in the north where that is couple feet down, we only have to go down like 6in so they are not as cost effective as a slab and building above ground. Second the ground moves like no other down here so a basement is just a bad idea. Foundation repair is almost guaranteed to be needed and a basement would mean cracked walls/much worse structure problems.

Also garage in the back is the way to go if you have a bunch of tools/expensive stuff. No need to advertise to anyone driving by while you're working out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

DrBouvenstein posted:

Yeah, I figured you just lived somewhere where they aren't common/advised.

I'm not a homeowner, but if/when I do become one, I'm glad I live in the northeast where basements are the norm, because I loves me a basement.

Like...where do you put all your stuff? You have a garage, I guess, but that's where cars go! I guess you can just make the garage larger, but a basement is more efficient in terms of square footage.

But then I guess with less rain, and pretty much no snow, a garage for the car isn't needed as much.

I grew up in Rhode Island with no garage and in a Raised Ranch (finished basement making it a "two story"). We had a shed for tools and what not and cleaned the cars off every morning. Texas you just make room for cars or use it all for poo poo and park in front...Also attics are much larger. Cheaper to build up than down/out.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

SaltLick posted:

:negative:

Why do y'all do this to us

I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a mans shoes?

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Tim Whatley posted:

A bunch of random Disney World merch I found at a flea market and a six pack of this:

It hit the spot so hard. God bless New England.

I grew up in Rhode Island and loved Del's Lemonade. That is like my childhood meets adulthood...I have to have some. If I give you money will you send me some :(

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

rockcity posted:

Most of this was bought over the past few months, but I finally just finished everything. Those 3D wall panels were a goddamn pain in the rear end and I wouldn't do them again given the choice. They look nice, but god drat that was a lot of joint compound and sanding. I'm going to be finding dust in the house for weeks. All in all I'm super happy with everything and glad I decided to install everything myself. I do need to find a wall mounted wine rack for the booze side though. Maybe something coffee related for the other side.

I have a beer already fermented and ready for the kegerator too.

Can you get a closer picture of that wine bottle holder? I am intrigued.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

dubleon posted:

woah, real suppressor?

Probably just a shroud, common on SMG style rifles since you have to have a 16in barrel.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Tindjin posted:

Couple of things for hitting balls out in nature..

Taylormade R1 I've been needing a new driver (currently using a TM Burner 2.0) and can't cough up the money for a new SLDR or G30 so going with last year's model to still give me the adjust ability I need to tweak my shots while my swing gets better.

Wouldnt this be promoting bad habits? I slice off to the left (lefty hitter) 70% of the time but if I adjusted the club and not my swing then that 30% I swing correctly would be off.

I havent played a game of golf since I was a teenager and have only recently played top golf a few times.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

David Copperfield posted:

What is the reason people would buy a chisel tip knife? This isn't trolling, I actually know nothing about knives beyond "sharp is good" and "machetes are good for coconuts."

screwdriver tip and the blade is generally stronger.

I know all my knives turn into screwdriver tips.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Fozaldo posted:

My 65" penis extension lands on Monday, I literally can't wait.

And the stand to put it on

Mister Kingdom posted:

Curved TVs are the new 3D TVs.

Curved TVs have a processor built into them that attempts to adjust the depth of the image. They are even more gimmicky than 3D TVs. We got one in the office and nobody could tell the difference.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

obsolete absolution posted:

Wait, have you looked around lately? Everybody is dressing like it's 1994, right down to the neon colors. I did a double take the other day because I couldn't believe I had just seen two guys dressed up like Backstreet Boys. I had heard that fashion was cyclical, but couldn't we just keep the good parts?

Does this mean I can get some Jnco Jeans again? If so count me in (Im 33 what of it).

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I remember having an entire set of encylopedias my parents somehow managed to get through a grocery store promotion. I'm glad working families no longer have to find space for those anymore.

Me too. It was a new volume a week when doing the grocery shopping.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The real test of a tape measure is how far you can reel it out in the air before it "breaks" and goes limp.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

Is that listed under the normal item under "Used" or is it a different link? I'm not looking for a full set but I do need a 3 qt tri-ply sauce pan.

Now I see it, its a pot. I didn't feel like scrolling back through posts to find the original and was having a hard time figuring out what the hell the curved scratched thing was :effort:

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

DrBouvenstein posted:

Don't get me wrong, it's a great thing you got a Tdap booster, but a rusty nail in an attic is extremely unlikely to give you tetanus. Tetanus is actually found in soil, and the association from rusty metal came about because metal found outside on the ground (and thus may give you tetanus) is usually rusty.

But hey, any excuse to get boosters are good! Now you're safe around un-vaccinated babies with no fear of passing along whopping cough, which might be the most important of the 3 these days.

Last time I got a Tetanus shot was because some dude bit me in a fight.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

I wish I could buy shoes and get all huffy about whether or not they're fashionable, but my achilles is super hosed up from a weight-lifting injury 3 years ago and at this point I will dump any amount of money into any shoes that don't feel like red-hot iron on my tendon.

Related purchase:

$600 worth of EPAT treatments in a last-ditch effort to avoid major surgery on my tendon. It's the first thing I've tried in 3 years that has shown any improvement at all. I might be back to lifting next year if all goes well!

I had a similar treatment on my knee and it was some of the most excruciating pain I have felt. They kept telling me it shouldn't hurt. Come to find out I had a shattered Tibia Plateau and they were literally rattling my bones.

Glad it's helping you, being able to walk without pain is worth the money.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

PCOS Bill posted:

Put it down your boot next time, sheesh.

I usually don't even think about it till I am at the gate. Not to mention the metal detector will still pick it up. I have lost a couple knives/multi tools this way. Always for the best though as the blades are pretty beat up when I loose them so forced upgrades.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Pi Mu Rho posted:

Spent years trying to get one of these, finally managed it.

Are you going to paint it?

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

blarzgh posted:

That whole website is like stuff poor people in America wear.

Edit: Specifically the shirts and sweaters and backpacks.

button down shirts are for poor people :confused:

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

CaseFace McGee posted:

Two matching Dell IPS monitors, monitor mounts, mouse pad, and various cables to upgrade to a triple-monitor sim setup. A few years down the road, after my next computer build, I'll get a nice center monitor so I have good color reproduction all the way across... but this old TN monitor is responsive so it's staying for now. The left monitor is still on a stand because I occasionally use it on the desk with my work laptop and that won't work if it's mounted to my sim rig :v:

You should do a full PVC roll cage to complete the feel of it.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Dewgy posted:

I'd see these two beers next to each other on a shelf and I'd 100% not give a poo poo or think that Sam Adams was trying to knock off their design. Not kidding, that design's nowhere near close enough to be considered a ripoff. If anything, I've seen dozens of beers with this kind of aesthetic, so does that mean they're all ripping each other off?

E: don't mistake this as Sam Adams defensery btw the Boston lager tastes like garbage water

I thought they were made by the same company and just different flavors until I read all the replies.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Side Effects posted:

I really like the look of this chair. Where is it from?

Don't buy a chair based on its looks. Sit in the fucker and decide if it is comfortable. Companies doe this all the time and it kills employees.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

You meant hopping, right? :downsrim:

That is how I read it too

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

If you can afford it and want to retain some degree of control over your gear selection, get yourself something with a Golf/Audi DSG transmission. It's automatic, but all the cars come with sequential paddle shifters. If all you want is greater control, you can shift much faster with the sequential shifters than I ever could with a clutch pedal, and it lets me keep it in drive when I'm going to work in the city so I can devote more focus towards the cars & pedestrians around me. I mentioned this on the last page, but I drove a super fun manual Impreza for years, but I grew up in the country and went to a rural college without much traffic. I took a job in Baltimore and after a year I traded it in for a Golf TDI with a DSG and never looked back.

Manuals are fun, but if you're buying new at a certain point you're just getting a manual because you like your gear shifting minigame. I'm shopping around for a good deal on a used manual Miata to gently caress around in, but I'm under no illusion that it's in any way more practical or safer because it's a manual.

I use my clutch to slow down more than I use my break pedal.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

8 pot monoblock AP rip offs
+ Some PF discs and Pagid pads. Should be daft.

It took me far too long to realize that is a break caliper for your car. At first I thought it was a bike pedal.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Scarf posted:

Depends on the state and the amount of money you have for the permits/licenses.

My Parent's "Neighbor Hood Watch" their neighbor has one of these and drives it around the neighborhood on the weekend
Only 2 of them in the US

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Trabant posted:

Note the flag in the background.

Not the background, It is on the antenna.

Jaramin posted:

It's the Texan flag for those not intimately familiar with the state flags of the U.S.
Also, it is technically possible to make a disarmed APC street legal in the U.S.

:clint:
Yes it is street legal and you don't have to disarm it in order to make it street legal. It just has to be safe for the roads, as in, does not tear them up. That is why tracked vehicles have to have rubber tracks if you want to drive it on the roads. I have seen him run the grocery store in it.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Toast Museum posted:

It's a pretty big discount compared to buying new, that's for sure. We've had the same Aerons at work for the past ten years, and they seem like the only thing in the building that hasn't had to be refurbished in that time.

Had them at one job and they were all broken in one way or another and uncomfortable as all hell. Nobody liked them and they eventually got replaced. The plastic bar across the bottom at the front digs into your legs and after prolonged sitting really start to hurt. I also like to sit on one leg and you cant do that in those chairs.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Nur_Neerg posted:

Mine's unbelievably fantastic. Sounds like yours weren't set up right.

They are only comfortable sitting in one position and if you have to sit in a chair for 8+ hours a day you cant do that without becoming sore/uncomfortable. Not to mention they break after prolonged use, wires break, mesh tears, arms break. Had them at two different companies and could not find anyone who liked them. Most people would bring pillows to sit on to try and make that stupid plastic bar at the front not dig into your legs after prolonged use. My mother even works for a office furniture company and says they get replaced all the time.

Get a Mesh back but cushion bottom chair, they are far superior.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

They're very comfortable if you sit upright or recline. They are not comfortable if you sit on a foot/cross your legs or are overweight. Husky folks usually find the plastic lip of the seat to be uncomfortable on their leg meat.

All types of folks find the plastic lip of the seat to be uncomfortable on their legs. I had to listen to people bitch about these chairs for 7 years so I have kind of have a hatred for them.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

CowboyKid posted:

Don't bring a flask to a bar. If you can't afford to go out, stay home.

yeah, you bring the Camelbak under the shirt to bars and tell them you are the designated driver so you can get free cokes to mix with.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Supreme Allah posted:

Dont most cars made in the last 10ish years have remote doors and push button start? With the key part slid in and it never comes out like this

My 2006 doesn't have doors let alone a push button start. I drive a Jeep Wrangler

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

big mean giraffe posted:

Uh you can benefit MASSIVELY from 1080p. Even with a screen almost half that size at that distance. With a 90" screen at 10 feet 4k would even make a difference.

from someone working in Digital Signage I can confirm that the closer you are to a large format display (or projector) the more it benefits. Remember the closer you are the more you can see pixels, if you were 20ft away it would actually look better at 720p than 10ft away.

Kinda disappointed we are installing a 25ft touch screen display array that is only 4k. Pixels are huge.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

dreesemonkey posted:

My PC is in my basement on a server rack where my receiver and junk is. So it's probably 25' or so and through one floor. I guess if it doesn't work "long rear end USB extension cable" will be my next purchase.

A long time ago I bought a cheap wireless keyboard. Its range sucked so I took apart the receiver and wired up a telescoping antenna from an old radio. I was able to type from about 200ft away (3 houses down).

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Supradog posted:

New Summer motorbike helmet: O'Neal Sierra Adventure

So much air.

Whats it like checking your blind sides? That visor looks like it catches air.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

I heart bacon posted:

I use a splash of 200 proof alcohol. Burns plenty clean.

waste of alcohol, you scrub

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Having only had the mixer as a kid I say good purchase.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

You know some bomb squad somewhere is gonna blow one of those up thinking it's real.

Meh, I keep a WW2 Japanese Mortar on the bottom of my game shelf.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

treiz01 posted:

You've had a lot of bad opinions, this one is the worst so far

It really is a struggle not to feed the troll, every post is a misinformed horrible opinion. First person I've considered for the ignore list.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

If you use a mechanical keyboard at work everyone around you hates you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

Just lol if you don't use the Microsoft Natural 4000 at work.

I hate you more