Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Fiend Computer posted:

Family friend shared this. She is also someone who is getting a liberal arts degree and constantly shares a lot of conservative "we should drug test people on welfare" or "we need to keep our the minimum wage low because gently caress the poor!" kind of stuff. It makes me feel really disappointed. :(

Obviously we should reinstate the draft so those lazy poors can EARN their $15 an hour :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Maybe the creator of the image didn't think they were real pit bulls?

Also everyone knows that Akita Inus are better than pit bulls, I've never heard of a pit bull half as cool as Hachiko.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Excels posted:

police brutality is something of a big issue where i live in toronto right now, cuz around this time last year, a bunch of cops surrounded one kid sitting alone on a trolley with a knife, then shot blindly at him like 9 times without provocation. when they saw he was twitching on the floor of the vehicle, another cop rushed in to tase him and he died

And yet my hippie friends insist that only the US police use excessive force ever since they were asked to leave the retarded faux-Occupy they setup in my town. I wish I had screenshots because that really qualifies for this thread.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

quote:

It's astonishing to see that political parties have been mutilated behind the scenes so much that it has been broken down to upper and lower class citizenry...speckling the other districts with incumbent wealthy and lumping the complete lower class into a demographic where they total only count for a couple votes electorially speaking. I'm ready to Execute Traitors in the name of the American people and on behalf of the constitution of the united states. circa 1776
The Constitution was ratified in 1788, the only thing signed in 1776 was the Declaration of Independence but they're totally the same thing :histdowns:

Henchman of Santa posted:

EDIT 2: He has now said that, "scalability wise" the minimum wage should be $54.00/hr. Fifty-four.
I can't even begin to parse why anyone would think that. Is it because Americans are worth that much more?

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Lottery of Babylon posted:

He does, it's called the new testament

And then people kept asking for more clarification, so He wrote the Qu'ran.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Apparently rural Vermont isn't country enough, because I have literally never seen anyone proudly say they were a country girl before. Actual country people out here either post about guns or weed, sometimes both at once.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Yeah, look at Bill Clinton before and after. Even massive blowjobs were no help.

I remember my friends and I joking that if McCain became president by the end of his first term he would look like Skeletor.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

dovetaile posted:

Wait a minute, I also grew up in the 90s and I'm pretty sure our cars had seatbelts and airbags. Did this person grow up in like the 1890s?

:corsair: Kids these days with their Great Wars and their automobiles and their flying machines, back in my day we only declared war on natives of third world countries and we liked it, damnit.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

:spergin: But it's possible to touch your own brain, you just need a traumatic head injury to get past all that pesky skull in the way.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Look at those idiots, thinking that muslims are like vampires who hate pork and naked flesh instead of garlic and crosses.

Everyone knows you have to shoot them with square bullets, to show them the benefits of Christian civilization and prevent them from coming back during Judgement Day.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

I've seen this posted without the "80's kids"...and I've also seen it posted with "90's kids" tacked onto it. By the time 00's kids get into their twenties, it will have dropped the cell phone bit and instead gone into whatever the new piece of technology is.

"Back in my day, we only had cell phones, and if your mom wanted you to come in she would call or send a message to your facebook! None of this neural-jacking into the metaverse to go to virtual raves or whatever kids are doing nowdays. Repost if you love being a AUGHTIES* KID!"

*00's kid? I have no idea what to put there.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

This is just baffling.

Well if you gently caress off and ignore them then you don't have to deal with them! Sounds like good advice, I bet everyone he runs into follows it, though I'm not sure why he's proud of that fact.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Grrl Anachronism posted:

This should end well. :byodame:

I don't know what's worse, the possibility that they met because he's also in a mental hospital, or the possibility that they met because he's a doctor at a mental hospital. Or the fact that this is mental patient #2 and that even though the first one fell apart this one will totally be different.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Idiots on Social Media: HE POKE YOU IN THE BUNG HOLE EVERY TIME YOU BUY A MAC

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Shockingly, this man does a lot of drugs. His whole wall is filled with this kind of stuff, and some status updates where I have no idea what the gently caress he's talking about. Along with the usual case of taking satirical articles seriously.

TrekBek posted:

Maryland is the south, bro.

Only the traitor states are the south :colbert:

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
No seriously, that just raises more questions and I'm not sure I'm gonna like what the answers are :catstare:

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

There is no :psyduck: Big enough for what I just read. And people do this willingly?

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
So who do they think voted in all the democrats last time, illegal immigrants/terrorists with very convincing fake IDs?

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Well the Monopoly game is still going on right? That's the only reason i ever got to McDonalds.

I thought that ended 2 days ago?

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

karl fungus posted:

I've never understood soldier worship one bit, and I am glad I live in a part of the country where that's extremely rare, if it happens at all.

That's because no one died in your country for ARE FREEDOMS :911:

EDIT: VVV I stand by my statement, NYC barely counts as 'merica :colbert:. Just look at how they voted for Obummer last election.

Don Gato has a new favorite as of 21:43 on Nov 8, 2014

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
People still take the Onion seriously even after it's labelled as "SATIRE" by Facebook.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Tracula posted:

It's just amusing how much this crap has happened now. Earth Year 2066, Day One Garry's Incident, Slaughtering Grounds and probably another few I forgot.

How can you forget about Paranautical Activity which was pulled because the dev sent a death threat to Gabe Newell and then was surprised when Valve responded by pulling his game? Or Phil Fish. Not any game he's made, just in general.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Guest2553 posted:

...so the internet shouldn't work as well for blacks and poors? :shrug:

If you haven't noticed, poors can't afford good internet connections so of course they have to be much slower than everyone else. Eventually they'll bootstrap their way up to good quality internet with no need for government interference.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

ArtIsResistance posted:

Maybe if they picked a winner religion instead of a loser one they wouldn't have that problem

Jesus Christ himself already confirmed which religion was the one true faith, but for some reason the word hasn't gone out yet.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Forget the dark ages, I want to know how the late Roman empire was contributing so much more "scientific advancement" so much faster than Greece ever did.

:hist101: Roma invictus!

Also I love how according to that graph the only advancements made in antiquity were done by the Egyptians, Greeks and Romans in that order. Persia obviously didn't do anything special, China was just some backwater the Romans traded with every once in a while and Carthage did nothing before its conquest by Rome. Also apparently the Eastern Roman Empire wasn't a thing that continued on until the conquest of the Ottomans.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
I honestly thought it was a typo since it was so full of typos. But then again, I've seen stupider mispellings of magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I had a guy try to tell me that it meant basically that, but without the racial component (i.e. a white person could be a friend of the family, too). He claimed it was a corruption of the word "ignorant". I called him on it because that's some grade-A horseshit and he got all pissy and defensive.

Man, the people I've seen who say that mean it in the racist way, they don't try to hide it. I don't know if that's better or worse, honestly.

• Locked thread