Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Macaluso posted:

There's this one which is so eye rolling I don't even know where to start. Also Bohemian Rhapsody is one of those songs that I am so sick of hearing so Beyonce 1, Queen 0 :colbert:

There was another one posted in this thread I love where it was like Blink 182 (I think) vs One Direction, and how Blink 182 took time from their tour to visit a sick kid in the hospital but One Direction, those little pop music PUNKS!!! refused to stop their tour for a sick kid and even charged money (!!!)... Even though a quick google search will tell you that the exact opposite happened and One Direction straight up put a tour on hold and I think even delayed a concert to visit a sick kid in the hospital for free.

I really know which one you're talking about. It's like, the original had all these "old" band with facts about how music artists used to be good samaritans but now all these singers(more like autotuned drones am I right M'lady:smug:) are selfish and petty and...

It was in the last thread but damned if I'll wade through it. Anyway, here's a rather good chart to show that as times change, things stay the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Sandweed posted:

That's not a Purity Ball? It's weird how American evangelicals hate Muslims so much considering they agree with Muslim extremists on almost all points.

There you go. Also brownness, but it's really the Muslim part. I'm sure they're fine with anyone so long as that person is on their side.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Ignoring all others, what does this one even mean?
The statement is "6 ways to know it's GMO"
Is it saying that growing it yourself and buying non-gmo foods is gmo? :psyduck:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

graynull posted:

For someone who claims to be against racism and sexism, she sure likes to use 'white' and 'male' as a pejorative. I mean, not that I think she is actually for equality, she is just feeding her fragile ego (I'm sure that's a gendered insult that means she is fat).

She is the strawman people think of when talking about SJWs and turbo-rabid feminists.

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm guessing they are gendered because she is being called them.

Anyway, she's the girl who was calling for the Colbert Report to be shut down over that "ching wong ding dong" or whatever joke that was satirizing the Redskins controversy. She also told a Huffington Post reporter that he's basically not allowed to have opinions of race/gender because he's a white man.

The best part about this is that she turned the the focus off of the lovely Redskins memorial and basically absolved them of all wrong doing with that lovely name.
Thanks Suey Park, your armchair activism is really changing the world.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

StrangersInTheNight posted:

OK, Suey Park is an idiot, but I feel compelled to point out that the offending tweet was posted after the episode it goes with was taped...but before the episode itself had aired. That is a joke that REALLY needs context - when read just by itself with absolutely no idea what it is referencing, it can come off as a bit shocking. The real problem is that someone at Colbert Report had an itchy trigger finger.

The whole thing was dumb but it becomes a bit more understandable once you understand the timeline of it all. It was mostly just a huge misunderstanding because, again, bad timing. Context is king. Of course, once it came out what happened and that the tweet was supposed to go along with, a sane person should go 'ooooh yeaaah, I got it now', but Suey just kept going because of stubborn pride. CAN'T BACK DOWN!

Ah, I see. I always thought it was After Episode/context->Tweet
Context really is important...
wait

DON'T OPPRESS ME CIS-WHITE SHITLORD

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Lottery of Babylon posted:

The last tumblr thread was killed because a goon started talking about his adult baby diaper fetish and the next few pages were nothing but people mocking him.

(Sorry for contributing to the derail)
That helldump was actually the thread before last.
The last one got closed because(and correct me if I'm wrong) it ended up being your typical 'right-wingers' bashing sjws.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Kajeesus posted:

Can we not use that idiot dichotomy about forum posts, particularly outside of D&D? What killed that thread was that a couple MRAs bitched about feminism and the thread devolved into goons making GBS threads their pants at each other instead of posting context.

Sorry, but that was the reason i put it in quotes. I know it was some group of people who 'we'(general forum audience) rail against(impotently argue about).
All I remember is that it ended up being unironic mocking instead of ironic jabbing.

Soviet Commubot posted:

"A United States Marine was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan . One of the courses had a professor who was a vowed atheist and a member of the ACLU.

One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, “God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I’ll give you exactly 15 minutes.” The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop.

Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, “Here I am God. I’m still waiting.” It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Marine got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and lifted up his arm to strike him.

At that moment the professor was transformed into a 7-foot grizzly, wreathed in a halo of holy fire. The bear spoke: “Blasphemer thou art, thou thinkst to take the place of God? Those who deny me face eternal fire, but you who knows my work and yet commits the sin of Satan I curse a hundred times over!” The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently picking at his boils. Then Richard Dawkins burst into the room, wielding a copy of The Selfish Gene and crying “Leave that boy alone, you pathetic atavism!” As the holy bear whirled around, terrible light flashing in its eyes, Dawkins shed his mortal form, raised each of his seven horned heads, and hissed. “It’ssss me you want!”. And then the Lord and the Antichrist joined in the final battle.

The other students were shocked and stunned and sat there looking on in silence.”

And that teacher was Satan incarnate. All hail our dark lord and master.
P.S. We've been going out for 6 years since that day. We're getting married this fall!

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Even outside of the silly attempts at "uniqueness," the invented pronoun thing is still smacks of vanity. None of these words are useful when you're directly talking to the person insisting on them. You're only in a position to use them when discussing that person with other people, because the person with craaazy pronouns is so goddamn important why wouldn't you and everybody else talk about them all the time?

Are there any videos of people using these words in a normal conversation? I tried searching(not that deeply) for xirself/ximself and got diddly.

Also, wasn't there a comic about "Respect my pronouns" and "Ask me my pronouns today"?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Ragequit posted:

What a coincidence, they do too! It was love at first katana.

Where is that person with Satsuki's avatar when you need them?
Something like:
"Kill La Kill is an anime about two sisters who scissor their mother to death. I highly recommend it."

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Stottie Kyek posted:

Hopefully that'll change his mind? Some men are complete shits to women until they have a girl that they care about and have a duty to protect. He might go into over-the-top protective dad mode, but there's a hope that he might be nicer. :unsmith:

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Look at this fool right here.

Double Plus Good posted:

I live in the bible belt, and the amount of people who have posted this with some variation of "makes you think" or "pray for our nation" is just staggering. Also, if I never have to see this loving Matt Walsh blog again I'll be happy: http://themattwalshblog.com/2014/05/12/homophobic-rant-michael-sam/2/#wDeouDeEDSFm7S2C.01

"a few random tweets" ah yes, that's definitely what those drat gays are complaining about, not literal institutionalized discrimination and decades of fear-forced invisibility. The tweets, those liberals!

Also, this guy's description of himself is just the turd cherry on the poo poo sundae: "Matt Walsh is a blogger, writer, and professional sayer of truths."
http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/post/85585170933/these-are-your-homophobic-sports-heroes-who-are
Literal sports figures are not random tweets

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Getting creepy with a "duty to protect" and the whole "have her home by 8pm, I'll be sitting here cleaning my shotgun" is just as misogynistic and bad.
This reminds me of thread mentioned in an FPlus episode

http://relationships.blurtit.com/103109/how-can-i-find-out-whether-a-girl-is-virgin-or-not-

quote:

Make a huge scene about it one night start breaking stuff, if she still denys it break something bigger to get your point across. If she continues to deny it tell her to prove it it works everytime trust me lil buddy
and

quote:

If you grow grow up with old ladies you might know when to distinguish between them....but sometimes girls lie about it..... So the only way to know is to study your species, the way she carries herself is important.....virgins have a way of walking.....her legs are close to each other when she walks, but if she's not....you'll see a great deal of space with her walking....

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

この女の子はバカ外人だよ。これを読むことができると思いますか?

The answer is no. Also a response to that:

quote:

this is not what transethnic means

this is never what transethnic meant

dont you ever insult non-binary individuals and their struggles with this trash you self-congratulatory weaboo
Profile:16/GQ Hey! It's Droog/Satan. Talk to me about Valtiel and Squid Fist.

Teenagers.

Gen. Ripper posted:

I am an ignorant white American man, please explain what this term (would theoretically) mean(s) and why it would be scary. :confused:

I think it means race being determined by actions. I.e., if you like mayonnaise, you're white, if you like fried chicken, you're black, if you pee in cokes for jokes, you're Chinese, etc.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Well, all I know is, if I make chili from a cow no one cares, but if I made it from malnourished african orphans, there'd be a huge uproar.

I don't care how lean the meat is, I'm sticking with cow.

One less mouth to feed?

ProperGanderPusher posted:

:smug:

I'm assuming that by "science" the parent that wrote this statement for their kid to hold up little girl actually meant Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

1)Don't most religions think children are mostly innocent, just that they need to be raised well?

2)Why would Science, all glory to Carl Sagan Neil Degrasse Tyson Flavor of the Month Scientist*, say that you are beautiful. Even if it did, it wouldn't think that because you're special or whatever, it would do that through a cold, calculated process of measurements and ratios.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Lottery of Babylon posted:

OTOH, so's your posting.

Sigh, it's a good thing it wasn't. Because if Earth was only able to sustain it's climate in one spot, we'd be hosed each time it's revolution isn't a perfect circle.

Explain How! posted:

OTOH, white women are loving terrible.

Shut up Ryyhlyyh

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Jollity Farm posted:

One of my friends has liked The Amazing Atheist. I'm assuming my friend doesn't know he put a banana in his bottom, but a cursory glance at his facebook page shows him complaining about feminists in nearly every post. Either she didn't read any of that and just went "yes, atheism!" - or she thinks him being a horrible anti-feminist is acceptable if he is also a vocal atheist.

79,959 other people also "like" his page, though. Perhaps it's me that's peculiar after all.

He also poured hot oil over his micropenis :v:
And I just typed those words out.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Amused to Death posted:

The easiest way to shoot down this poo poo and hear the crickets is going "If it came down to it and your partner suddenly became irrationally violent towards you and you were in a hand to hand fight, how many women reading this think they can overpower their boyfriend and subdue them? Alright how about the vice versa for men?"

Like if someone is being pushed around or berated in public by someone who is a threat to them people generally will either help them or at least call it out. It's almost like men aren't really afraid of women unless they pull out a knife or something, even when they're angry, and both men and women know this. Meanwhile women are terrified of men and often suffer serious injury from them and both men and women know this.

But what about equality :downs:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

graynull posted:

Hi, I'm Cindy McCain. I don't understand metaphorical language, and I want to make sure everyone knows it.

Isn't Cindy McCain the one who said being a mother was the hardest job in the world?
Cindy McCain, John McCain's wife? Rich as gently caress John McCain*?

*gently caress obviously not meaning Romney

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

This is only like the third or fourth murder/attempted murder we've inspired as a forum. Pretty good track record for 15 years!
That we know of. :tinfoil:

Mods knew about Aatrek, what else aren't they telling us?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

grittyreboot posted:

Since when can't Canadians immigrate to the U.S.?

I think it's the other way around. No Americans allowed in Canada.

I really like how one person says "If Americans can't go there, that's desrimination racists!" American is not a race, no matter how hard certain people want it to be. I also liked the "My brother gets beat up because he's white. Brown ppl taking ovr Canada". Anecdotes are the best aren't they?

Nikaer Drekin posted:

"Well women actually have it better! They don't have to sign up for the draft!"
"Okay well what about ending the draft?"
"Well okay but countless men have died in wars so it will always be worse for them. Let's see if you can solve that problem, smarty :smug:"

This guy is quite the debater!

Best part was when he said women in Vietnam were voluntarily there when they got killed. It reminds me of a teenage me, when I was confused why no left Louisiana during Katrina. "The weather report said it was going to be a massive hurricane. Why didn't you leave!? Dumbasses." It's completely ignorant to the fact that packing up and leaving for an indeterminate amount of time isn't feasible for many(I assume true for those in poorer areas in LA and even more so for those in Vietnam) and that certain people(e.g. elderly, young children) can't be moved as easily as others.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Superrodan posted:

Due to a friend posting on one of his friend's posts, I finally have something to share! (This came up in comments related to the video of the racist woman posted here earlier)

Wow, 'Minnie' tries to bring it back from the brink but 'Gio' just digs in.

Grrl Anachronism posted:

Someone linked me to this, it was just too mindblowing not to share.

Typical tumblr

Plz kill yourself shitlord.
tia ◎д◎

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

karl fungus posted:

How is being gay or transgender a race?

I think it's just saying "why can everyone else be proud, but when it's my white turn to be proud, I'm called a racist?"

Also, was that really a black man who posted that? Whenever someone says, "As an X, I think..." I automatically tune out and assume it's someone trying to do a #NotAllXPeople

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

trapped mouse posted:

Found on the front page of imgur, with the caption "There is hope. They're starting to open their eyes."

:frogsiren:

...what?
What happened in between "she got raped by a man" and "now when I hear rape, I question if it's real rape"?

How does that trivialize rape? Am I the idiot here?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Imgur counts for social media yeah?

quote:

MRW a guy hits on me even though I have a boyfriend and have no interest in anyone else

..because you don't have to be a crazy bitch about someone showing interest in you

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

This one is just bad. It is literally "I hate that guy" and nothing else.
At least say you're going to create jobs or something, what the hell mom

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Picnic Princess posted:

I haven't seen Lion King in quite a few years, but I really don't recall Timon having rage issues, he seemed pretty darn chill.

What? Timon was the Ren to Pumbaa's Stimpy, though nowhere near as angry. This may only apply to the tv show though...

Anyway, the best I can put up is some Japanese nationalism stuff from this guy who worked at a hotel I stayed at. How do you people find all these amazing posts?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
I'm not sure if it was in here or not, but that "The Slut Next Door" page on facebook apparently got taken down

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

RFC2324 posted:

you are the idiot for having it removed! :v:

I know
:negative:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Aryan Jesus posted:

Or you know, ride a bike too. Get fit, have sexy shaved legs, piss people off who drive cars. What's not to like?
Then get rear-ended because "I didn't see him"

Seriously though, I'm fine with bikers on the road, but stay off the loving sidewalks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

kazil posted:

So basically there will be no music, huh?

There's also no BYOB, so you can bet it'll be nothing but Natty Lite

• Locked thread