Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vic posted:

The SH1 piano puzzle is the worst actually: https://silenthill.fandom.com/wiki/Piano_Puzzle

That was one of the ones I always just looked up a walkthrough for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Opopanax posted:

I'm on a mission that requires it to be nighttime in Far Cry 6, but they didn't put in a way to force the day/night cycle so I have to sit here waiting for apparently up to 20 minutes. What a bone head lack of a feature

IIRC there also isn't a great way to check the time either.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm still in a dream.... rear end Eater.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Skull & Bones has an open beta and surprise surprise it is trash. It looks like a last gen game and is full of just bizarre choices. Like why the people who pull your character out of the water at the beginning put you in charge.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was announced seven years ago.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Coolness Averted posted:

Yeah SR4 was goofy fun, but it's very clear they just copied and pasted the SR3 city -and even said as much relatively early in development. We all hoped that meant it was gonna be the same jump in quality 1 to 2 had, since 2 reused 1's map, but made it better by layering in all sorts of life to the city like shops and actual things in the nooks and crannies other than collectables and a decent story for the time.

SR4 originally was just supposed to be dlc for 3 but they expanded it to a whole game. Although this was also and around when THQ was falling apart so they didn't have a ton of budget.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I didn't think the reboot had a bad story but it played bad. Like just didn't feel good to do anything.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I know it is supposed to be a serious moment but I definitely started laughing when playing the FF7R demo and Sephiroth steps on the tiny cowboy hat.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So Skull & Bones mostly plays like the ship combat from Black Flag with one big exception. Boarding ships is just a perfunctory option instead of actually doing it and having hand to hand combat with the enemy crew. You basically just damage a ship part way, then hit the "board" button which hooks you on to the enemy ship and you get some extra loot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Muscle Tracer posted:

There are some roots in a few places in Dark Souls 1 that completely block your character and seem to be literally only a few inches high. DS1 even has a jump, but it's more of a sprinting long-jump, and it does not help you clear these obstacles, so you end up doing a sprinting long-jump that does not clear a tiny tree root a real person would barely trip over. You just hover for a second and roll in place next to it.

Lies of P has the same problem where you'll be walking through an area and there are obstacles that you could just pick your way around.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Playing Dead Island 2 and it is kind of dumb that you don't start finding ranged weapons until the bit in the story that introduces them. Like I would understand if they were rare and only dropped from certain enemies/spots but nope. As soon as you do the mission that gives you a gun you start finding random ranged weapons out in the world.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SilentChaz posted:

The Warhammer 40K DLC for PowerWash Simulator is great, even if I have no real familiarity with the setting. It's just fun to clean new and different things.

There's a small problem when you reach the end of a level and you get a checklist of the last few things that need to be cleaned and I have no idea what they are. So I just blast everything while slamming the "show dirt" button on the controller over and over and hope I get it. :v:

In the last level, there are areas that I can't seem to clean at all no matter how I position myself, what nozzle I use or wand I try. There must be something I'm missing, but I don't know what it is. :sigh:

iirc, it's some of the landing gear. I can get close enough to see it, but the spray or soap never cleans it.

That's what kind of soured me on the game in the first place. Sometimes you have to scour every inch to get it marked as clean.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something I found kind of dumb about the Dragon's Dogma 2 character creator is how the hair colors have numbers and while regular and facial hair the numbers match up for some reason the eyebrow color doesn't.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lobok posted:

Why don't D&D fans simply play the edition they want?

I assume it is a support issue where older editions don't have any new content coming out for them.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Splicer posted:

Borderlands 2 spent a chunk of the intro talking about getting a gun and giving me a lovely gun and how great it will be to get a decent gun.

Pre-order bonus means every game starts you with a gun.

A thing that happened to me in Borderlands 2 is that I did that early mission where they introduce you to the Slag mechanic by loaning you a slag gun then I proceeded to never see one again in the rest of the game.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Elden Ring at least makes it harder to break the quest chain and you can still complete it even if you miss a step or two. Compare to Bloodborne where if you miss meeting a character they're just gone for the entire run.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DrBouvenstein posted:

Didn't I read that someone from the dev team said he felt fast travel ruined games, or something, because you have to see all the work they put into the world?

Then the publisher was like,
"Lol, yeah yeah, that's totally the reason there's no fast travel...here, but these fast travel pack DLC micro-transactions."

No. The DLC is literally just a way to buy the stuff from the $10 extra edition.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

mycot posted:

It sounds fake because it is. You can't buy infinite crystals and you can't use crystals to Fast Travel in the way most people think of it.

Why is this coming up multiple times in one page.

That's because there are multiple gaming youtubers who are spreading lies about the DLC and then giving halfhearted retractions when called out on it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Morpheus posted:

Just had a fight in Dragons Dogma 2 that got me annoyed enough I nearly turned off the game. A fight with some harpy-looking things that began by one of them simply picking up my main pawn and chucking her off a cliff. Great. So glad I could do anything about that. Then they just slammed into the rest of us, causing unconsciousness with each hit, stunlocking. Then some hobgoblins also started attacking us, knocking us around. Basically all my pawns were instantly killed with no way for me to do literally anything about it except chug potions to cure my unconscious status and run while spinning around to try to attack one of them, since they were all chasing me and moving faster than I was at light encumbrance. Every time I got hit I got rendered unconscious, I was getting hit by like three of these flying pieces of poo poo in a row and it was only by using almost every healing item I owned that I could finally take them out.

Christ that was the most unfun I've had in the game so far, absolute unavoidable bullshit and if I wasn't haven't as much fun up to that point as I have been, I would've turned it off and reconsidered booting it up again.

The harpies are a terrible starting area enemy. They're range enemies when two of the starting classes don't have the ability to do ranged attacks.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dumb design in Immortal of Aveum where the interact button is the same as the use mana recharge consumable. Which means if you're not lined up perfectly to the interact point you'll probably end up accidentally using it.

Also this might be wrong but if your best friend is presumed dead in a big battle at the beginning of the game and after a time skip you're introduced to a masked enemy general? Yeah, I'm just going to assume your twist here.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Immortals of Aveum feels like a game that doesn't know what it wants to be. It tries to be magic Call of Duty but also has loot with different weapons/gear as well as light Metroidvania backtracking. Also there's this alternate dimension training area which looks like they stole it from Control.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Immortals of Aveum has a dash move called Blink and it sucks. The thing that makes it terrible is how you have zero momentum going out of it so you dash but come to a complete stop. Which makes it not fun to use in combat and a hassle when trying to use it to traverse.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

mafia 3 got a lot of flak at release for padding out its (pretty decent) story with a ton of mandatory open-world chaff. i could deal with that, but what eventually broke me was the traversal - there's no fast travel and no consistency for where objectives are placed, so every single side mission has you driving from one corner of the map to the other. there's an entire class of sub-missions that make you drive to a massive and mostly empty bayou region to the south and then back up to the cities, often in a slow-moving semi or pickup truck. at least when i spent hours clip-clopping in red dead redemption i had some nice scenery to look at

That was also a big problem with The Saboteur where too many missions were drive out to some random spot and then drive halfway across the map. More open world games need to steal the GTA/RDR thing of random world events.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I can understand limiting fast travel in Dragon's Dogma 2 but I think they might have gone too far. Like how there are apparently only two permanent fast travel crystals and they're in Vernworth, which makes sense, and Harve Village, which doesn't because it is so close to Vernworth. Every single town doesn't need one but would it have been too much to put one in Bakbattahl?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Mystic Spearhand vocation in Dragon's Dogma 2 has a stun ability that you unlock extras to which are supposed to let you do stuff like teleport to the enemy or spread the stun to multiple enemies. My problem is that I can't figure out the timing on it so I can never get the extra effects to happen. The timing is either too tight or the explanation for when is just wrong.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm generally enjoying Jedi Survivor but it does have some issues with actually explaining poo poo. Like how there's a button combo to do a lightsaber throw and the only way you'd know about it is if you went into an optional training mode that only opens up after you complete the opening of the game and have done enough combat for you to not need a training mode. Then there are little droids you'll randomly find and apparently you're supposed to just murder them because they carry the game's cosmetic currency. Also for a game that's been out a year it is extremely buggy with animation and graphics glitches happening often.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fil5000 posted:

Am I misremembering because all I recall is him getting a HUGE multilayered health bar and then you punch him once and he's down.

Yes, IIRC it also has a thing where after all the elaborate tricks the final battle with him is in a convenience store.

Jedi Survivor sometimes feels like it is an Ubisoft game where they just keep throwing things at you. There's gardening and finding fish and collecting enemy data which you then use in a auto battler, an absurd amount of collectibles for Cal (lightsaber parts, materials the lightsaber parts could be made of, hair, facial hair, shirts, jackets, pants and then also parts for BD-1 and colors) and also a list of bounty hunters to find and kill. Also in addition to the collectibles there are multiple collectibles that you then turn in at shops to buy cosmetic items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

oldpainless posted:

One thing the new Jedi game does is allow you to ask for a hint when you want one. If you don’t choose it, the game doesn’t help you

Yeah, that was how the previous game worked too. If you're just loving around in a puzzle room long enough a pop up will appear and ask if you want a hint but you can just dismiss it.