Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Website
:siren:It's out:siren:
This game is apparently really divisive. In short, it's AssCreed+hacking, but you might wanna read the thread and look at some videos to see if it's up your alley.

Story
Watch_Dogs(or Watch Dogs, still unsure about that) is an open world sandbox game set in a modern day Chicago that, after a disgruntled power station employee uploaded a virus that damaged Chicago's power network, connected the entire city to a Central Operating System(CtOS).

Our Hero

Aiden Pierce is our incredibly stupidly dressed protagonist, a skilled hacker and former thug, who lost a family member(his nieceapparently) to a generic "violent tragedy", and picked the "seek bloody vengence" option on the menu. He aslo got a side order of "dresses like a goony goony goonlord".
He and his hacker buddies are going to bring the system down and blah blah blah, it's a pretty generic low sci-fi plot.

Features
-Guns!
-Cars!
-Hacking!
-Customize his goony outfit!*
*Will not make it any less goony.
-And this thing!

Videos

Hacking Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARhYRSl05Jw

Story Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuAbH8Z8iwk

Multiplayer Demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKwn4nK5J28

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 05:20 on May 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Corner of Relevant Things

:siren:Spoilers:siren: (Also, loving hilarious)

Sef! posted:

I don't know if this has already been discussed or whatevs, but I figured I'd go ahead and post about it since it was driving me up the wall. If you are a PS4 user and have the Season Pass, but still can't access any of the day-1 content, it is available on the Playstation store. You just have to search for it. Go to Games > New > Add-Ons, and then use the "search for more add-ons" button on the far-right. The Untouchables pack and Conspiracy! Digital trip are both up and ready to download (Untouchables is two separate downloads for some reason). If you have the Season Pass, you won't have to pay for them. Note: as far as I can't tell, this stuff still isn't showing up in the Download menu in the game itself.

:siren:Graphics fixes:siren:

grrarg posted:

re: the last 5 pages of idiotic graphical settings chat

Read nvidia's Watch_Dogs Graphics, Performance & Tweaking Guide. It explains every setting and the effect on framerate, and there are interactive comparisons to show the visual difference between the various settings.

TL;DR chart version

Reive posted:

Here's another leak, this time a full res screenshot, way prettier than those marketing videos made it out to be:

:siren:Spoilers:siren:

pengun101 posted:

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2014/05/watch-dogs-opening-sequence-xbox-360.html?m=1

First 10 minutes of the game, Spoilers obviously. looks interesting enough.

Stealthed Zombie posted:

They're doing some live stuff over at Gamespot for Watch Dogs. They specifically said no story stuff so they'll just be doing random crap (At least, so far I guess? I don't know if that'll change but I doubt it.) Playing on PS4.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/watch-dogs-now-playing/2300-6418882/

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 30, 2014

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Back Hack posted:

What about the other thread? I don't like change.

It was old, lovely and the OP was severely outdated.

Get with it old timer. :colbert:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Nice to see Ubi being so chill about the leaks.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

This is so beautiful I'm putting it in the OP.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

e: gently caress

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Question for the people who have it right now, how, exactly, do you turn the invasions off?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Dammit ubi fix your poo poo! Still can't get uplay working on PS4.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Just ignore NeoSeeker. He's either a lovely troll or insane. He posted a bunch in the old thread about how Watch Dogs was just a scam to sell new, expensive video cards.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

People who are having issues with the knee capping, what gun(s) are you using? I've been using the different revolvers the whole game and have never had any issues doing it.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Speedball posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B_ePAT-E2s

Incomprehensible brogue aside I love his gag of "I can't even get fockin' Snapshot to work on this thing!" *clicks phone, makes skyscraper explode behind him*

"It takes place in a fictional city called Chicago, which, like every other fictional city, is just a pastiche of Glasgow."

I think I found my new favourite reviewer :allears:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

This is amazing. Added to the 2P.

• Locked thread