Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
panascope
Mar 26, 2005

The Bee posted:

Is it just me or are chainaxes really not that great? It's plus one armor and one AP in exchange for what amounts to two more attacks per model.

AP is pretty good but yeah I think the bonus attacks are probably better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

...but then Mutilators are worthless

Like I said, the problem is that Possessed have to find a place with Berserkers, Mutilators, CCW Marines/Chosen, Raptors, Warp Talons, Terminators, Maulerfiends, Helbrutes, and daemons, all of which are basically close combat units in one way or another.

If it were me writing the codex, I'd kill off Possessed and Warp Talons, and add Daemonic Possession as an option to some units, where it'd give them +1M, +1S, +1W, +1A and the Daemon special rule for something like a 50% points increase on the base model cost (to be balanced/tweaked later). Then let almost any unit become possessed. Give Raptors the ability to take Lightning Claws and now Lightning Claw Raptors + Possession = Warp Talons.

I like this, and I think a few armies could benefit from this kind of consolidation.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

General Olloth posted:

Okay so it's not finished but it looks finished from this side and I'm so :swoon: over how it looks in person.

This is phenomenal.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I want to play Warham with this guy and Buffalo Chicken.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Full Circle posted:

I'll never get the gushing about turn one shooting. Blowing an opponent off the board before they've even had a turn is about as bad as game design can get.

Hra Mormo posted:

I'll never get the gushing about turn one charges. Tying an opponent in decisive combat before they've even had a turn is about as bad as game design can get.

This is why 30k is the best, games are never decided on the first turn.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hencoe posted:

*coughRavenGuardDecapitationStrikeCough*

Eh drop pod lists aren't unbeatable. Sacrificial Offering would probably gently caress you up.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I haven't gone through the codex yet, but does anyone know if the assassin's can roll with any army still, or is there something preventing that now?

I believe you just lose a command point for taking the aux detachment or whatever.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Autism Sneaks posted:

When a new title is settled on. My contribution: Games > Traditional Games > Warhammer 40k 8e: Bigly Marines

Warhammer 40k 8E: God-Emperor Trump and the Age of Bigmar

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I don't know anything about AdMech in 40k but that sounds awful, sorry.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Warhammer 40k: I drat near glued my dick to my leg

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I hate you moola

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

goose willis posted:

If your PP is granular you should drink more water

This is solid, unlike my shits.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Mugaaz posted:

Decided I'm going to start 40k for 8th edition. I am looking over all the factions. I really like Death Guard, Thousand Sons, and Dark Eldar. Having a hard time deciding though.

If you build a 30k Death Guard or Thousand Sons army like forums user chutche2 you could play both 40k and Horus Heresy with the same models.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

The Bee posted:

I really want Digmarines now.

We misread it, 8th edition was always the Age of Digmar.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

SRM posted:

Aight I'll draft one up to launch when 8th ed launches.

if you guys call me a nurgle baby again i'm going to blow up your houses

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

SRM posted:

I got you this

bomb's in the mail

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Soulfucker posted:

I'm surprised there were this many nid players in this thread to begin with.

The top three Goon armies have always been Genestealer Cults, Iron Warriors, and Tyranids.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Shockeh posted:

One is the most spergy group of individuals in 40k, one is a mindless blob that follows the instincts of the biggest elements, and the last is a literal cult. Truly, the :goonsay: is strong.

E: Not you personally panascope, incidentally, just those choices.

Didn't we used to play HoN together?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

TKIY posted:

I'm not sure why anyone would prefer 7th at this point.

Not that 8th is perfect, but it's a lot faster, simpler and more fun.

TEMPLATES

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Zark the Damned posted:

I dug this guy out for you, enjoy! I remembered where the head's from, it's an old Heresy minis Big Boris spare.

God I loving love this head.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Are the Interex still around or were they wiped out in the crusade? I always figured if they had been around back in 2000 they'd be the Tau instead of the blue dudes.

They got put to death because Erebus stole a weapon from them and torched their Smithsonian.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

It's really cool that big swarms are good, and it's funny that throwing a bunch of Fearless babybugs into a big fight before the bigbugs show up to murder everything is a workable strategy.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Someone modify :justpost: to :justpaint:

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

goose willis posted:

Any recommendations for decent cheap basing sand?

Go to the beach and boil it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I'm not sure how you could fit it all into 2000 points.

• Locked thread