Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Poultron posted:

A cat cannot be your "Buddy." Remember this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4c0HE6pCjM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Jarogue posted:

Scooter got to be fake because how would you attack other squids? Running over them ,about as funny as it would be, sounds like a bad idea to show kids.

I just thought it was a cosmetic item that you use in Booyah Base. Other people would be able to see it on your SQUID GHOST or whatever.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I'm late to the Splatoon party. Level 17, decided to try out the Splattershot Jr. after fumbling around with the carbon roller for awhile and it feels almost stupidly broken how aggressive I can be with this thing. It covers the ground well, Good rate of fire, and the bubbler lets me just walk into enemy territory sometimes... Or maybe the weapon has subtlety taught me to stop being a baby and go into fights that I can win whilst teaching me how to aim a regular gun using these controls in a forgiving way... Or it's stupidly OP which would explain why my last game, all of my team mates were using this weapon. (We lost btw)

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Welp, that was incredibly easy. Thanks, Splattershot Jr.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Does this mean I can put on my 3x run speed leather jacket again?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Not a Children posted:

What's the reference?

Pokey the Penguin

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Been trying so hard to make the sploosh o matic work.

Some games I go 8 and 0, some games I... dont.

Not having a proper grenade is a huge handicap; but at least it's been teaching me to play without the god mode bubble of the Splattershot Jr.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

LethalGeek posted:

Tower Control is the superior mode, anyone who says otherwise isn't good.

I can't carry 3 other bad players in tower mode quite as easily as in Splat Zones.

I just started playing ranked, at what point so people start moving out of the way of grenades? On a splat zone last night I ground tossed a splat grenade down a corridor and got a triple kill while most other times people just stand on top of grenades waiting for a prize to come out.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Zeruel posted:

How the hell do I git gud at gyroscope controls? Do I suffer terrible defeats over and over until I hit that peak? Or am I able to cheap out on it since the controls don't ultimately matter?

Focus on this one aspect; for turning rely on the control stick. For looking up and down, use the gryo controls. Before you know it you'll start using the gyro controls to fix your aim without even realizing it.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Getting as close to 10 points to rank up, then getting plummeted down 14 points by a 1 point loss in overtime the exact moment I cleared the tower made me scream at my screen. The following points stand.

1 - I need to do something else.

2 - I hate tower control a lot.

I have a good strategy for the maps currently on rotation, I frequently kill and cut off a lot of people going for the tower, and then I turn around and see one guy inking the spawn, or a guy with a splatling gun who, 9 times out of 10 will miss his mark; and my favorite - the guy who goes explodes into vapor while the spawning ritual plays.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Icedude posted:

They got "C'Mon" and "Nice"

HAY! Comon, Comone!

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

Man. First legit tough choice! On the one tentacle you have Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, who is the best. On the other you have Starscream and motherfucking Soundwave!

Plus purple is the superior color... :ohdear: I'm torn. I can't decide!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsLcTtCrqwg

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Playing with the Luna Blaster, I now have a special hatred in my heart for all people who camp with rollers and ninja squid

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

AmiYumi posted:

Was just in a Tower Control match that went into Overtime JUST long enough for my teammate to gently nudge me off the tower (I was on the very edge, but I still didn't know you could do that) and then jump off himself. GG, rear end in a top hat.

On Saturday the amount of matches that I lost due to this were in the double digits (and a lot of them by 1 point). Then I stopped playing Tower Control and rose an entire letter rank.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Had mostly good matches as Decepticons, then got destroyed at the port by two snipers placed in the usual spot who would just kill you the instant you passed them. That's a lot of fun on this map. Then I turn around and the entire other end of the map is the enemies color chock full of those guys who just sit in the ink with rollers and wait...

and now I disconnect after every match. Guess Im done for tonight.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

By the sounds of things, the results are already clear;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsLcTtCrqwg

I'm going to beat the poo poo out of Optimus Prime, and then I'll do the same to you... BUMBLEBEE

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Faught this one guy with a krakon splat roller who predicted every single thing that I did. Most games were a wash with opponents who dont run from grenades and stuff but then you fight really good players all of a sudden and it's jarring.

I think I'm going on tilt, I find myself doing stupid poo poo so much now. Time for a day or two break from the game. =/

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

raditts posted:

The regular blaster works well too, seems that nobody expects you to pick them off ledges with those things anymore.
Of course it's not that good for painting floors, so if the rest of your team is worthless poo poo then it's all for naught. A Blaster player should not be first or second on a team that has rollers or really anything that is not a charger.

Luna blaster is far from the worst at painting floores, the nozzlenose is way worse at it

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Aug 29, 2015

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Certain times you just get a team, load into the map, intros play

AND WERE OFF

The rush to the center starts, you ink territory and rush to the center, you spot an enemy player and go to cut his ink route off but wait; there's a guy coming to your left, you quickly cut off the trail and retreat a bit back to counter the guy coming on the left when a third guy comes up behind you with a roller and insta kills you. At about this point you wonder what your team is doing so you look down on your pad and theyre... very slowly. Feels like every 3 or so matches ONE side does this.

Also Nintendo, can we please get an on screen mini map to go with the mini map on our pad? Please?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tpbp9GXOGU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

dogsicle posted:

I don't feel as if I made it to high A by a fluke, so being stuck in the various B hells lately definitely feels like I'm alternately getting bad teams/matchups and being screwed by connection issues I previously didn't have. I usually acknowledge my bad games but at some point you're just totally at a loss.

The game in which I was demoted back to B+ had me with a score of 19 and 8, and my teammates with... ... much much less. Sometimes it feels like I'm playing competitive mario party.

Demoted to B+, played 3 games to get back to A-, havent played ranked since.

In other words: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NntV5hLnVM0

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Smiles posted:

Charger main here too but I love camping the centre tower. Just had my best kill count to date on that thing with 17/0 using a 3K Scope.

If you have a friend who mains charger, punch him in the dick and stop being friends with them - because you have a bad friend.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I never thought my next favorite multiplayer shooter would be on a Nintendo console, the only thing I can do without is how you have to roll for the sub skills you want.

This game takes a sharp turn in difficulty once you reach A rank. I'm almost scared to see what S rank is like.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

This looks like that lovely TF2 Splatoon mod.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Chill Penguin posted:

What is the gameplay even like in those games? I just imagine a generic PSX platformer.

Guess what

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Suspicious Dish posted:

swap.avi vs. tribute.avi

Nope.avi

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

So Splattershot, just plain Splattershot is actually a pretty good and fun weapon. During Splatfest I managed to roll 3 swim speeds on a pair of boots with Power up. Combined with my grenade distance up + 3x run speed leather jacket, Im going to have a lot of fun once we're allowed to change our torso again.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

majormonotone posted:

Why do my teammates keep following me around this splatfest aaaaaagh

Go spread out! I have this area covered! Stop clustering together you little shits!!!!

Also people with beacons who never actually lay them down are near the top of my shitlist

I've been actively killed by people just following me on foot while I'm trying to flank someone.

I've reached the center area before my team on the first push, look down at my map and see 2 guys in the opposite right corner of our spawn inking, and one guy throwing sprinklers around the left side of spawn.

Buckle in.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

raditts posted:

Well, that was probably my least enjoyable splatfest so far. I did have better luck actually hitting things on the fios at my parents' house, but I didn't get to make it up to King since I did this crazy thing where I let my children play with the children's toy.

Then I got home and spent the last half hour of splatfest getting run roughshod by the competition, with a win or two sprinkled in between. Some of the losses were just utter demolition though, like one where almost the entire map was enemy colored and I think we got counted for like 7%. I thought to myself, I'm not mlg pro expert at this game but I know I don't suck this loving much, and I'm sure my other teammates who are level 30+ can't possibly suck this hard either and we all just happen to be put on one lovely team...

With that in mind, the final match before midnight was all too appropriate as I had an experience where I shot a guy at least 20 times to no apparent effect, running circles around him to dodge his shots and yelling out loud "WHY WON'T YOU DIE" until he finally got enough hits on me to put me out of my misery.

Splatfest can eat a big ol' squid dick.

For some of these matches it felt like I was playing Battlefield 3, in which I would be sniped moments after reaching cover.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Turf Wars is still my first love. I could see being completely satisfied with just that game mode.

The thing is, you get way less exp for doing turf wars.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

So I'm getting pretty good with the regular Splattershot.

Oh cool there's a Hero Shot Replica that's a alternate skin for the weapon, how do I get i-

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

There's nothing quite as frustrating as ranking down, and I really wish games would abandon this model. Please, please just give us a flat ELO number.

Started the night At "A" with 28 points. Lose two in a row and decide to take out my main set. Do really well; lose by one point ending with a score of 9 / 3 and a teammate who went 0 / 11. Ok fine.

Win three in a row to get myself to 98 points, lose a long contested game to lose SIXTEEN POINTS. Win one again, get 6 points. Lose 12. Win 10, and so on, and so on until I'm sitting at A- 68 points.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Folt The Bolt posted:

On the flip side, if you do get to use the Squid amiibo, the mission to get the Hero Shot Replica is extremely easy.

Oh that's good to hear. I mean its not like I'm going to go to Video Games NY tomorrow to buy a 40 dollar squid amiibo for a single weapon skin or anything.

Hehaheh...ehe.hahafaz...

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

majormonotone posted:

Video Games NY is cool and all, but they're stupid overpriced. Please do not pay $40 for a $12 squid.

It's overpriced because it's a JP import. The solo squid amiibo isn't available in the US unless you buy the three pack.

... and just like that I'm back to regular A rank. If you're reading this Ariel, golden giant roller guy who was my teammate for all 4 games; you're a good teammate!

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 25, 2015

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

majormonotone posted:

I will straight up let you borrow my squid amiibo as long as you're not a creepy goon. Just don't buy a $40 toy from Video Games NY

You guys make it sound like I'm spending 800 dollars on a CS gun.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

So after a long day of stuff, I decided to stop by the Nintendo store to play some online Splatoon before the annoying trek home. The Splatoon consoles were all replaced by Mario Maker -_- but surprisingly; they had the Splatoon 3 pack amiibos in stock. I had gotten there right when the dude was refilling the shelf with them so if anyone else is looking for the full pack; there you go! I then bolted the hell out of there because Animal Crossing Happy Home Maker release event was starting.

Thanks to the dude who offered to lend me his squid though.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

quote:

Splat Zones on Camp Triggerfish is pretty drat terrible.

don't look to Turf War for comfort with Arowana Mall. So essentially the game is telling everyone to take the night off.

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 27, 2015

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Warning

Someone has playable octolings and the hydra and is running around online- if you encounter this person there's a chance your game will lock up and save will get corrupted so may wanna wait this one out.

Oh man, I was just going to finally hop on after a long day ><

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Last night I got double digit kills in 6 matches in a row in tower control, with only 1-3 deaths.Then the game decides "oh that was too easy for you" and pits me against 4 S/S+ rank players with my team is As and A-s.

Our assholes were blown out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Noice. :getin:

If it's any consolation I only 3 points when that happens.

I lost 12.

Also I can't connect, is this just me or what?

• Locked thread