Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Think ol' Legless catching the rona will make him rethink the mask mandate stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

God drat, imagine being that racist. Lol.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/1428359960379871241

Galveston couple dies on consecutive days, leaving four orphans.

Mmm hmm.

Because vaccines are not treatments

I mean....
I might catch flak for this. But I'll say it.
It sucks when innocent people are caught in the crossfire. Those freshly minted orphans? That sucks.
Someone with an immunodeficiency, who CANT get the vaxx catching this and dying? Sucks.
Me, following all the precautions, getting vaxxed, and masking up, tryong to social distance, and still catching it? That would suck.
But truthfully? After the past decade of wider and wider political schism? I'm not worried or bothered anymore by the sort of people who say, masks are a choice, vaxx are a danger, and covid is a plandemic dying from covid.
loving thin the herd.
Rack 'em 'n stack 'em.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Big Beef City posted:

Leave and never come back.

Nah

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

George H.W. oval office posted:

I like the Gristmill and Gruene Hall. Add it to the list!

Haven't been to the Gristmill in near 10 years.
That place was pretty tasty, and I loved sitting on the deck.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Kunabomber posted:

https://twitter.com/West4Texas/status/1428782628820373504?s=20

the best part is that he counters with his own bigotry

Just... wow.

Good job, West.

What's the old saying?
The enemy of my enemy is also my enemy, so let's just be enemies!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

i say swears online posted:

god it took me five loving minutes to figure out he's saying that's a really nice stadium lmao

I still haven't figured that out.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

saintonan posted:

Maybe you should get the gently caress out of Texas before the establishment gets you killed.

New thread title?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Global Warming Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Turn Up Your A/C Like Nigga Close Your Windows Haha

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Uh.... but schadenfreude is...

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

SuppressdPuberty93 posted:

A rail line connecting the Texas Triangle would be sick.

Hell yeah

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

ReidRansom posted:

It'll be entertaining at least to watch him try walking the line between sucking off are heroes in blue and correctly accusing them of doing a racism.

Amen

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

No Safe Word posted:

We'll literally never know. But that 1000 or however many it is will be far scarier than CHL carriers because they weren't even willing to do the bare minimum to get a CHL.

P much

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Sardonik posted:

Silos are explicitly better:

Megachurch:
Opulent
Idolatrous
Actively harms the ideologies of people attending

Historic Silos:
Stored Food at one point
A gentle reminder of a bygone past
Vaguely proletarian

The Virgin Megachurch and the Chad Grain Silo

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I saw Ted Nugent at a Barnes and Nobles in Waco 17 years ago.

Fight me.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Swears, this is too funny, please back it down a bit. Thanks in advance (TIA)

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Lol

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

No poo poo? Good for you!

Lol

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/JeremySWallace/status/1432389245507866626

Lemme go ahead and put to bed the "fueling questions about if he's going to run for president" that's the only thing he wants, he will run for president every cycle until he is dead or in prison.

God drat I really hate that man

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

zoux posted:

What are they valuing the free month of online text therapy at

Lol

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

zoux posted:

The internet makes you stupid racist

Nah, I think The internet makes you racists radicalizes. Left or right, but I don't think there are any moderates on the web.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Kunabomber posted:

Owns a crazy bird shop, dyes her hair blue, incredible dog mom energy

So a Portland Portlandia sketch, got it

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

zoux posted:

Yeah. Shot a campaign vid to run for Congress while she was in DC doing whatever the dems thought they were doing up there, then she got redistricted out of that CD

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1460454073291972608

What a strange thing to believe

Why jfk Jr, of all people? A rich white guy who did nothing but coast on the popularity and success of his family, and... oh. Ok, yeah. Got it. Lol, I hear it, now that I said it out loud.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

My favorite part is how poo poo this whole country is. Favorite part. Love how we slow-pot-boilin' the frog, and no one gives a poo poo. Not enough a poo poo to do anything meaningful. What is that even. Ugh. What would be meaningful right now? The apathy. The disenfranchisement. The disillusion. Lol.

Favorite. Good stuff. Love it.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

zoux posted:

*does weird snake hiss that's supposed to be sawing off horns I guess*

I know someone who went to TAMU, and that dude is a prick-rear end piece of poo poo. So, admittedly, small sample size, but fick that dude, and gently caress aggies.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Manager Hoyden posted:

That's a pretty good idea and should probably be official law going forward too. People who do the work actually getting the wealth that labor generates I mean.

Reported to the authorities. A swat team is headed your way

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

What game is that even from?

Hatred. A lovely game that pretends to be satire.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I'm still stuck on, at least from some reports, the fact that 2 cops engaged this dweeb BEFORE he got into the school.
And like..
The reporting mentioned the cops were overwhelmed by superior firepower but... poo poo dude, it's 1 kid, with an AR, yeah, but poo poo, its a semi-auto rifle... and modern handguns are no slouch, you know? poo poo.
Y'all get PAID AND TRAINED for this...
I hate cops, in their current incarnation.
Over paid, over powered, and yet laughably ineffective.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Blue lives matter, I guess
-a pithy tweet reply

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Captain Monkey posted:

they will be treated as heroes by everyone they know, and if their wives/children/family/anyone they know even so much as suggests that things could've happened differently, then they will become part of the domestic abuse statistics.

This is the sad and real answer

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Jiro posted:

Abbott and his ilk holding press conference on all major news channels. Paxton, Cruz, Patrick, a who's who of shithouse people.

Watching it and it's poo poo.
They're poo poo.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

The Bananana posted:

Watching it and it's poo poo.
They're poo poo.

Yeah, that was Beto, holy poo poo good for him

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

If true, Would be an embodiment of the "gently caress You, Got Mine" spirit of Texas.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

i say swears online posted:

"yeah i was just here to see my three young cousins, no i don't remember their names"

That was my immediate thought when he blanked

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Kirios posted:

Weird how he became a Republican right after being a sex offender! Probably just a coincidence.

I mean, I guessnyou can change the subject to Elon mu... oh my bad, no you were talking about the dude giving the interview. My bad, carry on.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Looooooooooooooove that that dumbass waste of space Abbott sucked the cops dick during his statements today and yesterday. Big heros. Good thing they were there. Much saved. Many thanks.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Hahaha.

Thank you. First laugh I've had in 2 days

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1529819857394483200

See I thought they were just flailing but they are actually going for the single door policy

I had an idiot reply to me in twitter with this the night of the shooting. And it was soooooooooooooo stupid, I thought it revealed he was a bot.

I think it's more depressing to learn he's probably not.

God drat do these morons not understand the implications and ramifications of making only 1 entrance/exit?

(Also, if they suggestion is more "only 1 door in, all other doors are exit only" then that's really just symbolic. Not like a gunman couldn't shoot out or Jimmy open an "exit pnly" door, or that someone would rig an "exit only" door to be not so exit only, for convenience, instead of having to walk all the way around back to the "entrance only".)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

chief dummy posted:

within minutes
35 to 55 minutes, is "minutes", but it's an AWFUL lot of minutes when police were present from at LEAST minute 1, and at most minute 10.
I'm not a doctor, but if anyone else here can tell me: scale of 1 - 10, how bad is it to let someone with a gunshot wound bleed out for 30 minutes?