Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14...&pf_rd_i=507846

This is whats wrong with cop culture, that they see themselves as warriors, ex-military really need to stop getting preferential hiring to be cops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So this cop I know posted a Picture on facebook of a citizen yelling at a cop and when the cop yells as a citizen all the cell phone cameras come out and this was our resulting conversation

quote:

Komrade: Don't like being under public scrutiny don't be cop

Cop friend: Don't ever call 911 when In trouble if you don't cops. Real easy.

CF: Walk the beat for a while before you jump on bandwagon and start bashing cops. You know better

K: Cop Friend you talk about how cops are awful all the time. And as a group that can kill people and go unquestioned police should be under great scrutiny. No one put you in a choke hold and said go be a cop or else.

Police are public employees and if "you" are uncomfortable with the public watching and criticizing and practicing democratic controls maybe "you" shouldn't be a cop.

CF: Thousands of jobs happen everyday throughout the city. Cops respond to these jobs and in certain situations force is necessary. Scrutiny?? Sure. I don't mind having cameras in my face. I do my job well. Would love to see how you would do if cameras followed you. The standard we are held at is a lot higher than the average citizen. You only see when they start filming. You have zero clue about why we were called there in the beginning. Hence the cartoon. Like I said. If
You could do a better job of it join and walk the streets. If not you are a internet troll throwing around sheep mentality and internet law. Read our patrol guide and the New York State penal law.

I have said if we are so bad then the public should say we take weeks off and let the city run itself. But no. People get scared.

K: Except I'm not a public employee that can use lethal force. And if you don't like one sided filming maybe cops should carry around cameras that cant be turned off to film all of their interactions with the public. And the standard you are held to should since those that enforce the law need to be higher than the average citizen since police are imbued with the power to detain and deny a citizen of his freedom and potentially his life. If "you" don't like being held to higher standards don't be a cop. You don't like the public bitching about rampant police abuse, don't be a cop, or better yet when you see an officer cross the line you should report them, since it's those guys that make everyone tar the police as assholes. Cause the full quote is "One bad apple, spoils the bunch" for some reason people leave off that last part.

CF: you are right I will quit tomorrow. your argument is so insane. I now question your integrity. You already are holding us to an insane standard thinking we are infallible. read your post. and the cameras arent one sided. sorry you fell for the media force feeding you and you accepting it. so sad. but i guess you are right. I will quit tomorrow because of all the corruption. you have NO CLUE whatsoever what it means to police. none. you watch videos and thats it. maybe you have dealt with bad cops and thats how do you say ,"life"? we are human just like you. i use empathy at most jobs i go to. but the cartoon is the sheep mentality that you are clearly showing. lets bash cops!!! its fun and easy!! they cant do anything to us because i can use the internet to hide behind. actually you can make a difference. come to the rally and march across the bridge with the reverend al sharpton and in your first sentence you nailed it. you are not a POLICE OFFICER.
24 mins · Like

K: Holy christ get down from that cross.

CF Johnson get from behind your computer

K: I'm not the one who gets upset that people want to hold me to a higher standard of behavior (cause I don't have the power or ability to kill people)

CF: funny you how all you think about is killing. i have never killed anyone.

K: Whos talking about you? This is about the police as an institution. Not every criticism about the police is directly related to you. And we talk about killing cause cops can and do kill people

CF: your anti cop mentality is just basic. and its all been heard before.

K: Its not an anti-cop mentality, to say cops needs to be held to a higher standard and punished when they transgress it.

CF: i only speak about me because that all i can speak about. my experiences. 100% disagree. So let me understand your mentality right now. when i am at work i need to be infallible. and if i do soemthing that you dont like i get in trouble for it? And i do something illegal i should automatically resign? so when i am responding to you getting hit by a car when you are on your bike i should obey each and every traffic rule? please tell me you want that.

K: So how can you argue against an institutional criticism from a purely personal experience? My mentality right now is maybe when cops are on duty they not act like abusive assholes, nothing infallible about that, unless not acting like a dick swinging bully is somehow im-loving-possible for cops. And that when you do something wrong (like escalate a situation and choke a man to death) you are held accountable in an appropriate way.

CF: ahh there you go!!!! baaa baaa little sheep. awww did someone say something to you and hurt your feelings? not nice Komrade not nice. how did you happen to come in contact with police. i know many many people that have never had dealings with police and yet you seem to only run into assholes? please exlpain that? with a cherry on top

K: If you do something illegal you should in turn be arrested, held for trial and if found guilty pay the price just like any other citizen should be. And if you can't make the difference between a cop behaving in a legal fashion and being able to use his lights to respond to an emergency (and not just to zip through an intersection or violate traffic laws cause they can) than I really doubt your judgement. See thats what I'm talking about acting like an rear end in a top hat. And no I have never actually has a negative experience with a cop so take your "Oh you need to get over your feelings" bullshit and walk with it.

K: my judgement and the law are quite clear in my head. so ill turn myself in tomorrow for that free cup of coffee i got in manhattan once. that is a misdemeanor by the way.

CF: sounds like sour grapes Komrade. youc an say what you want but when i actually use your illogical logic on you its wah wah youc ant say that. you cant be mean to me. im a citizen. you are rear end in a top hat cop and you have to take all criticism i give you and you have to take it.

K: Holy christ are you ridiculous. You know what yes you, yes you do. Just cause you don't like if someone yells at you doesn't mean you get to beat the poo poo out of them

Another Cop Friend: hey Komrade, shut up

CF: no but you can be arrested for it. yes new law for 2014. harassment of a police officer. misdemeanor. you should turn yourself in. you comiited a crime
oh hi ACF. Komrade is on a little computer troll tirade. he got baited in with videos and now he wants me to turn myself in for that cup of coffee i got in manhattan.

K Troll? Jesus Christ all I suggest is that police should be under heavy public scrutiny and you turn that into some insane argument.

Did I handle this the best? No I could have made some better arguments, but holy crap is it hard to respond to some of the inane bullshit. And I guess I learned you really can't just tell a cop to stop acting like an rear end in a top hat .

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So here in New York City the NYPD has responded to DeBlasio's actions regarding the death of Eric Garner and for publicly agreeing with Al Sharpton by trying to sabotage the Citys attempt to get the DNC convention to be held in Brooklyn by saying that New York is heading back to "the bad old days," and they feel that the Mayor doesn't have their interests at heart. I swear the NYPD are some of the most entitled shits in this City.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Y-Hat posted:

A lot of them don't even live in the city- instead they live in Westchester, Nassau, or Staten Island (which is technically part of NYC but it feels more like New Jersey). Their persecution complex is astounding, but par for the course when it comes to groups with power in America.

Speaking of the NYPD, the 77th precinct made flyers saying that they'll crack down on "quality of life" crimes in Crown Heights for the West Indian Day Parade on Labor Day. They're not even trying to hide their dickishness anymore. I've only lived in the neighborhood for two months, but I can imagine that the drunken idiots tomorrow are no more annoying than the drunketn idiots in most of Manhattan during Santacon or St. Patrick's Day. Well, besides the one obvious difference, that is. Normally I'd just look at a story like that, accept that the world is lovely, and move on, but it takes a whole new meaning when you're friends with people in the neighborhood- people who are nothing more than just targets to cops. As for me, I'm just gonna party harder so I can piss off NYPD even more.

By the way, in statistics courses, they should talk about stop-and-frisk and "broken windows policing" (which I call "Minority Report Policing" because it hinges on the flawed concept that hitting people for minor crimes will prevent them from doing worse ones) when going over the concept of "correlation does not equal causation."

I live on Staten Island :negative: I'm ashamed to live here. That does explain how it seems like every other person on this Island is a cop or is some how connected to the cops through family.

I saw that notice on a friends facebook page I thought it was "funny" they would say that since I was at a block party in this working class neighborhood in Brooklyn the other week that had all those things, with the added effect of they had blocked off the street, didn't have a permit and someone set off a ton of fire works when it got dark. I was watching NY1 a few days back and they were in Tompkinsville by the park near where they killed Eric Garner and to me it looks like they've been lax with enforcing quality of life crimes there, my theory is they're doing to to show the neighborhood how important enforcing these quality of life crimes. I have no proof of this, so hopefully I'm wrong.

What I don't understand is why these quality of life crimes aren't just issuing a ticket. I mean I get it's all just part of punishing the poor but they have to give a reason besides that.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Vahakyla posted:

Desert Snow and Black Asphalt, among similar systems and training, are explicitly forbidden in loads of places though. I am also fairly hopeful they won't survive legal challenges.

What is Desert Snow and Black Asphalt, cause it sounded like Black Asphalt was just another forum for cops.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Holy crap do Dessert Snow and Black Asphalt sound loving horrible. I have no words for just how awful that really is.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

MickeyFinn posted:

When I first read those names, I had assumed they were street names for drugs. It appears we have come full circle.

Cops are just the best armed gang on the street I guess, abs have no problem acting like it

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Well the police are some of the worst street gangs out there.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Elotana posted:

but then I remember the guy in Miami who got arrested something like 60 times for trespassing at the convenience store where he worked.

How the gently caress does that work?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

DARPA posted:

He's black.
source

I'm actually physically stunned at this level of racism.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Saw this in the Daily News this morning. My disgust at the NYPDs police union just keeps finding new depths.

Cause really not backing the police for obvious abuse just shows how entitled and childish so many cops are

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I've already seen one person on Facebook say these protests have gone far enough. gently caress this country

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Misogynist posted:

I had a guy like "where's Al Sharpton now?"

The idea that different people speak up for different causes seems to be lost on a great many. Greenpeace didn't speak up for Eric Garner. PETA's mission doesn't include educating the public about gerrymandering.

It's less that they don't understand people speak up for different causes and more they're racists.

Also have seen a guy saying that he wished we lived in the Old West, he's not a friend of mine but he posted that on another friends status about the subject which isn't great but isn't a shitheaded opinion. And gently caress the number of Thin Blue Line profile pictures popping up. loving Staten Island is the worst

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

People are already spreading around a petition to get DeBlasio removed from office. Absolute madness.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Yawgmoft posted:

What insane leaps of logic does one need to do to change "sometimes I fear for my son's safety, there needs to be reform" to "I want police officers to get killed"?

They don't like he responds positively to the black community. Like this is and people have a disturbing near fascistic tendency to just support the police without question.

People are calling De Blasio pathetic because of Pataki's "sick twitter burn"

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

So when are the NYPD going to arrest De Blasio/De Blasio's friends/family on made up charges?

I imagine the police department will stage a coup at least by New Years

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Nah, the idea is that you arrest then release over and over or stage raids on the "wrong" address. It's easier to target family members and friends of family members than De Blasio directly. For instance, how would they feel if their secretary can't show up because the police made an "honest mistake" and raided their apartment, and whoops, looks like we destroyed all their possessions in the process! Better yet, target their kids. :cop:

Yeah that is probably more likely to happen, but so many people in the city are braying for New York to become a literal police state

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

TyroneGoldstein posted:

Because every last one of the Joeys and Al's you hear calling into WFAN that live in places like Staten Island and Mill Basin think that DeBlasio is basically having tea with Al Sharpton every night and trying to figure out ways to hurt white people.

And I'm not even kidding about this. These are the same people that have absolutely no sense of context when it comes to why the city went through the hard times in the 70's and 80's (and half of the 90's). They also, not surprisingly, think Rudy loving Giuliani is some sort of godsend that cleaned it all up single handedly.

I mean really. It doesn't help that he had the gall to marry a black woman and actually reproduce. You should hear these crusty cafones talk about it. Mind blowing.

People don't want to admit it, because NYC has a veneer of liberal utopia, but so many of the white people that have lived here in this area for a long rear end time are some of the most virulently racist human beings that have ever walked the Earth. Just horrible people.

This is a thousand times correct. I live on Staten Island (God Help me!) And Casual racism here is pretty much to be expected. I assume people here have the worst opinions about everything until they prove otherwise. The best thing you could do for this city is to blow the bridges and napalm the Island till nothing was left than salt the earth for good measure.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Omi-Polari posted:

As someone who has never been to New York, why is Staten Island like that? It seems like this weird dingleberry hanging off the city.

Hanging off the giant butt that is NYC. :anime:

Staten Island has a higher than average income relative to some of the other parts of the city so it's pretty much affluent over privileged white assholes.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

TyroneGoldstein posted:

It goes back around 100 years at this point to what happened during the Great Migration and the ensuing urban renewal. Block busting by real estate firms and redlining by banks also contributed to this.

See...Back when NYC was primarily white you had the Irish vs. the Italians with the Jews basically living side by side with them. Most of the Italians that moved here at the beginning of last century were basically hill people from Sicily so, of course, by the time they got here you already had WASP stock that ran everything and the Irish had normalized to a great extent as well. So who gets the boot to the rear end? The Sicilians (and other assorted South of Rome types like the Calabrese) who were basically considered negri even by their own northern counterparts.

The Sicilians normalize, because they happen to be really industrious masons (among other things that they've made a whole bunch of movies about) and end up getting prosperity right as America is basically entering into it's industrial apex (from a spreading the money around perspective).

Then you get a huge influx of blacks from the south that are desperately attempting to flee Jim Crow. They need jobs...they don't get them. They are poor and uneducated and even the Unions, which had fantastic amounts of power at the time, shunned them. The end result is a nice collection of very poor people living in tenements who happen to be black.

And of course everyone hates them.

Then urban renewal happens. Huge tracts of tenements are bulldozed, taking what were once pretty integrated, if not a little rough neighborhoods and replacing them with either highways or high rise, souless, public housing super blocks. The neighborhoods that remain are basically starting to darken in hue and this alarms the white people (including the Irish and Jews) living in these neighborhoods, so they basically skip out of town riding things like the GI Bill, racist housing covenants and actual access to banking services right to the suburbs.

More nuance on that flight: Depending on where your family hailed from you had a specific 'track' that a lot of these people traveled as 'the old neighborhood' was 'destroyed' by the 'moulinyans'. If your family was from the south or (somewhat) center of Brooklyn and you didn't live in places like Bensonhurst or Bay Ridge you moved west towards Staten Island...Sometimes you went out to Jersey (Essex, Hudson and Morris County, depending on income level). If you hailed from the Bronx, you moved up the line to Westchester, Putnam and Rockland counties (I hesitate to put Orange or Dutchess and Ulster in this group, but it did happen). If you were in Queens and didn't live in the more Nassau side of Queens, you moved out to Nassau and sometimes even Suffolk county.

Now what does this have to do with Staten Island? Well, it's about kitchen table talk that's been going on for decades at this point. Most of the people that migrated like this didn't really understand the contextual issues that were hitting the city say from the late 60's into the 90's. They didn't chalk the decay and poverty up to a perfect storm of bad social policy, racism and declining industrial America...it was all because of the blacks that had moved in and 'destroyed' the 'neighborhood.'

These people and their descendants cluster in places like Staten Island...and Mill Basin...and Howard Beach...and hell even in places like Whitestone and Forest Hills.. Rudy Giuliani is one of these loving people, I don't care how many thick neck silk socked cafones he prosecuted.

It's rote ignorance.

This is actually some of the best ways I've seen it put because it is and this thinking gets passed down to their kids who are now in their 20s who will rage against Dinkins when they were barley old enough to remember the city when he was Mayor.

TyroneGoldstein posted:

That have Blue collar educations. This is a very important aspect of things. They also provide the feed stock for NYPD legacy recruits as well as other city services.

This is a very important aspect to, it's shocking at how many older people you meet on Staten Island who have at best a High school education but got good paying jobs in the 80s, early 90s, especially city jobs, and just are out of touch with how life is now. There is also a deep under current of anti-intellectualism that runs on the Island, I went to the CUNY College of Staten Island and the number of people who drove their expensive cars that mommy and daddy bought them and just didn't want to be there was aggravating for anyone who wanted an actual education. They were all there cause they were told that's what they had to do, or just their so they could get the requirements to be a cop, or just long enough till daddy got them a job and they were some of the most intellectually incurious people you would meet, makes sense why Staten Island tacks so conservative.

And everyone knows a cop, or has a family member who is a cop. I was friends with a guy who's brother is a cop and every time you criticized the police he'd practically get in your face going on about how dare you talk bad about his family. It has some of the most noxious people and I'm ashamed when I tell other people in the city I'm from there, and I've never once had someone not say they were sorry when I told them I was from Staten Island.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

TyroneGoldstein posted:

You basically summed it up. It's an epidemic and it's the same way up here in various parts of Lower Westchester from the people who fled the Bronx, parts of Manhattan or even have lived here since the 1940's.

A lot of regular guys who made an assload of money in construction and the trades back when you could buy a house in places like New Rochelle or Harrison for a song (and could actually get the bank to give you a loan for it). Those houses are worth half a million and up now. They buy their kids Bimwahs and STILL go on and on about 'the lazy blacks.' I'm of (very) mixed heritage and I have these people in my family, so I can speak first hand on the subject.

And as far as funneling to the NYPD and the MTA, oh yeah..definitely. You know, it's funny. I lived in Florida for all my teenage years and college and the deputies, all southern, that pulled me over were always polite...Yeah, they'd ding me for stuff like going 2 over the limit because that's what Florida cops do, but they were always nice. I got into some shoplifting trouble in High School and went on a ride along with one of them and they were actually really nice. Yeah, the profiling down there was for ravers rather than race and FL was a bit different than the 'deep' South, but they were still polite.

I come up here and it's a completely different story. Now all those Joeys and Anthony's are police in Westchester and hoo boy...Unbelievable.

Funny thing is, the Jewish side of my family, all from Queens, are all police, so I know that side of the game too.

It really is an epidemic and I have no idea how to begin to confront it. Everyone is so wrapped up in their just world bubbles that they refuse to see the world as any other way.

Pretty much every one I knew in high school that went to be a cop for the NYPD were the biggest assholes you could imagine.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

fknlo posted:

They have this opinion because the mayor talked about how he had told his mixed son that he needs to be careful around police. No sudden movements, etc... Which is not at all an uncommon conversation among black/mixed families. That was the egregious offense that set the police off.

Which is funny since this is what all of the police abuse supporters keep telling black people already.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Cichlid the Loach posted:

Someone told me at last Saturday's big NYC protest that they heard that half the Garner grand jury were cops. I'm taking that with a big grain of salt since I don't know how that would even be known, but the point is that it doesn't even matter because they're all guaranteed to at least have family in the NYPD anyway.

Yeah I don't know if they were all cops but I bet you they had family members that were at least.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Hell 90k after 5 years is still good money on NYC you're not going to be living on the Upper East Side but you can live comfortably.

they get a sweet deal this cop I know all he talks about is just 5 more years and he can get his retirement money and leave the liberal hell hole of NYC to go live in Costa Rica.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

archangelwar posted:

Unless you mean the golden zip along Park, you can easily live in UES for 90k.

Good point, but yeah 90k plus the money they make from over time which easily pushes it into the 100k range which if you can't live in NYC on 100k you have to have an out of control coke problem or something.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

joeburz posted:

His remarks after the union flipped their poo poo are really good, same with the mayor's.

What was said? I missed all the coverage of it yesterday.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

How are police this loving dense? Like how is it that they can't comprehend that behavior like this that makes people dislike the police. I guess we should be happy they at least weren't using pictures of Obama

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Lemming posted:

On a whim, I googled "obama target practice police" (dear god I hope I live), and found this:

so lol

Well color me unsurprised

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So whats the word with the Justice Department clearing (dropping?) charges against Darren Wilson?

Also it even seems like some in the NYPD have had enough with Pat Lynch's antics and he is facing an opponent in the union elections for the first time in 16 years

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So I'm confused this guy who was harassing his ex girlfriend shows up to her Church, cops get called. Cops pats down the dude, finds a gun and the dude is able to run off with the gun? Drops...something, picks it up and is shot in the back? Right? What are the gun laws in Oklahoma like? Cause on face value cop shooting fleeing suspect with a gun does seem reasonable.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

GreyPowerVan posted:

uhh huh

I don't think he threatened the cop from what I can see and hear in that video, and I don't think "man fleeing" is enough to be considered an imminent threat to those around him.

Well I did say on face value, that most people would see that as reasonable since an armed suspect can represent a threat to those around them. Now it is entirely possible I say this because media has shown me through many cop movies and TV shows that this is the case. I'm not saying the cops actions were correct, I'm more confused about if he patted the guy down and found a gun, how did the guy get away with the gun?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

GreyPowerVan posted:

He was in the process of patting the guy down when he started running.

Okay that makes sense, the way i read the article sounded like he had found and taken the gun.

That's good to know, thank you for that.

But to make my own position clear, I think its awful that this man was shot and I didn't know enough about the incident even after reading the Daily News article to say one way or another if this was a blatant act of police abuse.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

Even if it isn't a blatant act of police abuse it is at least emblematic of the systemic issue with police violence. Technically, Garner & Brown weren't examples of "blatant acts of police abuse" either. Its a pretty high bar.

I don't know to be Garner and Brown were pretty blatant to me at least and the response by the police out in Missouri was even more blatant. Where this incident while tragic, can easily be seen as the police fearing for public safety with someone who is armed and can presumed to be dangerous out and about is an easy for many people to nod along with, before you even get into the latent (and active) racism in our society. Though I guess he could have tried to deploy a taser, or even have fallen back and called for back up and a manhunt if it was warranted though in that second case I don't see it not ending with him being killed by the police either.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

But this the whole point. It doesn't matter how "blatant" you or I think something was, it wasn't illegal according to the Justice system. It wasn't blatantly illegal or wrong. It wasn't a "choke hold." etc.

And when you end up justify a police killing with "well, the police would have killed him later anyway" its clear that there is a overarching issue of police violence.

I don't see how I'm justifying the police killing this guy, and saying that some other cop probably would have killed him isn't cover for the police its showing no faith in the police to interact without resorting to violence. Yes there is a clear overarching issue of police violence. I don't see where at any point I disagreed with this statement.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So the NYPD is forming a new Anti-terrorism squad that will also be used to suppress protests.

http://gothamist.com/2015/01/29/nypd_machine_guns.php

quote:

This new squad will be used to investigate and combat terrorist plots, lone wolf terrorists, and... protests. "It is designed for dealing with events like our recent protests, or incidents like Mumbai or what just happened in Paris," Bratton said,

Because these two missions are exactly the same so it only makes sense right?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The gently caress :confused:

This has been the general consensus from people that have heard about this, but I haven't seen any of the bootlickers respond to it on facebook.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I've heard NYPD members proudly call the NYPD the 5th largest army in the world.

Anyone else remember when Ray loving Kelly was boasting that the NYPD could shoot down airplanes? These people are unhinged.

In other NYPD news, remember the cop that viscously attacked a female MTA employee, he was charged yesterday with third degree assault. A small reminder assaulting a member of the MTA is (for us proles) an automatic felony punishable by up to seven years in prison. This is of course the same incident where the New York Daily News called the attacker a"Thug" before hastily chaging the article header and language used in it when it turned out it was a cop who attacked the MTA worker, who stated she feared for her life during the attack.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So are we just going to ignore that yet again when a cop commits a felony, he isn't actually charged with one?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Sorry, we got distracted by a stupid pedantic derail.

Cop is very bad and NYC is terrible.

Oh in sorry I didn't realize you just wanted to keep going with a stupid pendantic detail instead of looking at yet another case of cops getting cover for crimes that regular people would receive the full weight of the law for.

Or discussing that the NYPD seems to think they actually are an occupation army.

Or do you just not think there is a problem with this cop not getting charged with a felony?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

lol

edit: sorry for the low-content post, I could just hear shrieking when I read this post

:jerkbag: okay sure, whatever.

Let's go back to having bullshit arguments instead of discussing an actual issue and event.

• Locked thread